OOC Info Fall Character Registry for Syka - 516 A.V.

Please Register if you are playing in Syka for Fall 516 A.V.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Fall Character Registry for Syka - 516 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on September 6th, 2016, 12:29 am

If you play in Syka, you must register!
Please let us know who you are
and why you are here.

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Age, Sex, Race?
Describe your character in a short abstract?
How long are you planning to stay?
What does your character have to offer Syka?
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?
Do you like social threads? Why or why not?
What does your character want to learn this season?
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?

Additional Comments:

Code: Select all
       [center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]

[b]Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': [/b]
    [b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
    [b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
    [b]How long are you planning to stay? [/b]
    [b]What does your character have to offer Syka?[/b]
    [b]Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members?[/b]
    [b]Do you like social threads?  Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]What does your character want to learn this season?[/b]
    [b]Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?[/b]
    [b]Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?[/b]
    [b]Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?[/b]
    [b]In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Storri Hosvir on September 6th, 2016, 1:53 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Storri Hosvir
Age, Sex, Race?
Thirty Three, Male, Human
Spiritist relocating to Syke from Zeltiva, looking to start a new life away from the haunting memories, and the aggressive lingering presence of his dead father.
How long are you planning to stay?
Indefinitely, maybe occasional trips away from the settlement.
Spiritism, Carpentry, and a genuine desire to assist and help others.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?
Yes, if it's called for. I don't like when violence is thrown in just for the sake of violence.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?
Yes, again, if it's called for. I don't want it forced or to start a thread specifically for the purpose of sex.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?
No, but Storri does subscribe to the beliefs of Dira and her stance on death, to the best of his knowledge.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not?
Yes. It offers great insight on the characters involved, and doesn't have the pressure of fighting for every possible XP possible for skill training.
More Spiritism, more construction, medicine, teaching, philosophy and to become truly trusted and welcomed into the Sykan community.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?
Anybody
What do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?
I want to see Storri struggle to balance the needs of his family and the large stack of responsibilities he's looking to pick up, as well as finding himself in situations he was unaware that he was ill-prepared for, such as a particularly manipulative/powerful ghost.
There seems to be no better place to begin a new life, than a place that is also beginning anew. If he can build himself while helping a settlement become something, he'd be eager to do so.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?
Struggles against the undead. Interactions with Dira, even if only through visions or dreams or vague messages. Political or social conflicts that could threaten the Syka as it is, and as it could become. Etc.

Additional Comments:
I am very excited to start posting here, I think there's a great deal of fun to be had.
Storri Hosvir
The Sykan Spiritist

Words: 3789
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2016, 6:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mateo Tidesong on September 6th, 2016, 3:29 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Mateo Tidesong. No aliases. Accepting nicknames.

Age, Sex, Race?24, male, Svefra

Describe your character in a short abstract? Energetic, friendly artisan with a seaworthy flair for getting himself in over his head.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely. Syka seems like a fun place to set up shop, especially since the Suvan is still completely accessible.

What does your character have to offer Syka? Mateo is a spinner of thread and yarn, weaver of fabric, and possibly a future clothier. I'm sure he'd also enjoy some adventure, should someone need a sidekick. He should probably learn some useful adventuring skills first, weapon or magic.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Sure. To some extent. Sea life isn't really peaceful and sometimes strong personalities clash. Mateo has learned he can't grin his way out of everything he gets himself into.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Sure. Always a curious adventure, that stuff.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Nope.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes. New friends and fireside beach parties and getting to know other characters is why I'm here.

What does your character want to learn this season? Mateo needs to build on the skills for his profession (weaving and sewing and swimming), and I think eventually—though not necessarily this season but it could be a good excuse to hang around Syka—I'd like for him to explore herbalism and philtering to dye yarn and fabric and thread.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Um. Anyone would be fun!

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Making some friends. Deciding to settle. Start a business. My unaccomplished goals from last season, really. ;)

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It’s new like me. It seems like a great location for a Svefra to stumble upon and enjoy. And it will be fun building into a new area while growing a character at the same time. The pre-Valterran mysteries are pretty cool, too.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? It seems like there are some interesting locations around with the potential for strange experiences and learning more about Mizahar’s history. I'm excited to try to participate in those. Some treasure hunting looks like fun ... adventures for shiny things! Yes!

It looks like Mateo will have to meet Tony and learn all about the fun plants that can be woven into fabric on Syka. Possibly a job, too? It could be cool to learn to dye fabric and to work on weaving skills with someone.

Learning/being initiated into some magic down the road (Auristics? Reimancy?) sounds pretty fun, too. Not gonna lie there.

Additional Comments:
Sorry I wasn't very active in the summer. Well, for August. I'll try again in the Fall. Hopefully do better!
Mateo Tidesong
Smooth as Sea Silk

Words: 6692
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2016, 1:49 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jacinth on September 6th, 2016, 3:53 am

Character Registry
Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Aoide Darkcrest
Age, Sex, Race? 7, female, Kelvic
Describe your character in a short abstract? Adventurous, curious, hungry
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinite
What does your character have to offer Syka? Hunting sealife to feed the growing settlement!
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I absolutely don't mind to at all. It can be an interesting hurdle for a character to go through.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I don't mind this either as its wholly natural to us all. As long as it's organic!
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? She is not in a cult or group... yet!
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Sometimes, as long as there's direction.
What does your character want to learn this season? The history of Syka, and the personalities of all its denizens. She also wants to be a more proficient hunter to be considered an asset to the Syka founders.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Anyone with fish!
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Find her niche in this city and have her expand on her knowledge and skills. I want her to be able to learn unique magics or find out about the history of her race.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? As I mentioned in the last registry, I'm a total sucker for island and tropical settings. And what you've built here is wonderful in terms of atmosphere and potential for plots and discovery.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Finding a job perhaps! Though perhaps that'd be easy enough? But I think the most exciting thing would be peeking into the history and mysteries of Syka!

Additional Comments: I'm ready to get started!
Jacinth
Bone Breaker

Words: 7938
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2016, 8:16 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Izuyanai on September 6th, 2016, 12:06 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Izuyanai Kokuryu

Age, Sex, Race? 2, Female, Kelvic

Describe your character in a short abstract? Mischievous, curious, dishonest, witty, and compassionate

How long are you planning to stay? Quite a while. I plan to settle Izuyanai in.

What does your character have to offer Syka? She has some experience with bartending, so Syka can expect a new business.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Sure, it gives something dramatic for play off of.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?Again, why not, character dynamics and all that. There are many ways to write romance.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Not yet...

Do you like social threads? Why or why not?Yes I do, it gives me the chance to look through the eyes of my character in a (usually) calm situation. It let's me flesh out the small things.

What does your character want to learn this season? She wants to scavenge around and learn survival and swimming. If someone's interested in helping a Kelvic not drown, let me know. Izuyanai should also explore to become aware of the mysteries of Syka.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? I haven't had the chance to read everyone's writing, but I'd like to meet some of my Kelvic friends.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Start setting up a business.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? My character being a Kelvic had a lot to do with it, but I wanted to be a part of actually building the city.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Marcus and Myrna Kelvic revalations?

Additional Comments: I'm eager to start writing in Syka, and am willing to collaborate a lot, so let me know if Izuyanai can help your story along.
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Shimoje on September 6th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Shimoje
Age, Sex, Race? male human
How long are you planning to stay? indefinitely
What does your character have to offer Syka? probably one of the main crafters, gadgeteer, and science oriented pcs
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? yes, bring the blood.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? yes, Shimoje even likes the obscure, so be careful.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?no
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? yes, more to learn.
What does your character want to learn this season? everything?
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? any really.
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? building a lab from scratch
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Shimoje drifted here to syka, plots to follow.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? still need to meet the founders. Also would like to explore the library :) the lykata mark would make it interesting.

Additional Comments:
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nya Winters on September 9th, 2016, 2:47 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nya Winters
Age, Sex, Race? Old, Female, Kelvic
Describe your character in a short abstract? Nya is a talderian forest cat who is wandering the world trying to find herself and atone for past mistakes. And by past mistakes I mean mistakes she made in a past life.
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely. She needs to study and retrieve an artifact she thinks is here.
What does your character have to offer Syka? Nya doesn't have a lot of skills she can offer Syka. She's not here to start a business or anything. She's here to be a student and learn an art she's lost touch with in this incarnation. Her partner and best friend, ex-husband and ex-bondmate has far more to offer the city.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I love threading about violence.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I actually really don't mind threading about sex/love/romance. Nya's partner and her have a complicated relationship so they often have themes in this department.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No, she is not.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes I do.
What does your character want to learn this season? Nya would like to learn more about the ruins around Syka if she can discover them. She also wants to try to max out her wilderness survival.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Truthfully I'd like to meet you all, especially the other Kelvics.
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I want to recover the pearl if possible.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It's close in proximity to where she's looking for a lost artifact.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? No thank you.

Additional Comments: The other players here look like amazing characters. I honestly can't wait to meet as many of you as I can.
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Skyard Underwood on September 11th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Skyard Underwood / Sky

Age, Sex, Race? 10, Male, Kelvic

Describe your character in a short abstract? Brave, Courageous, Promiscuous, Curious, Cautious.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely.

What does your character have to offer Syka? He is currently a leatherworker and would be willing to improve his craft. Not to mention he could very easily be hired as a mercenary if necessary.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes, due to the fact that as a Male Lion violence is part of the fun. Violent threads promote heavy character interactions, and tend to leave both mental and physical impacts on Pc's.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? No because Kaie would stab me.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Nope

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? No, due to the fact that majority of social threads do not truly promote any "Impactful" interactions.

What does your character want to learn this season? Everything and anything.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? No one in particular.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Skyard Things.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Because of the fact that it is an incredibly interesting city, and I believe my pc has a lot to offer.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Meeting a Velispar, Perhaps getting a treasure, and Maybe a second meeting with Wysar?

Additional Comments: I hope to have fun and write with you all..

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Abashai on September 12th, 2016, 4:11 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Abashai of the Sons of Havid
Age, Sex, Race? 37, male, Benshiran
Describe your character in a short abstract? A devotee of Yahal seeking redemption from history and his god.
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely
What does your character have to offer Syka? Abashai is a skilled swordsman and musician, as well as possessing some skill in hunting. He also has an interesting combination of gnosis powers.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I enjoy writing violence.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I also enjoy writing about these subjects, but the character himself has little interest in any of these outside of his friend, with whom he shares a complex relationship (ex-wife/ex-bondmate).
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? NA
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I enjoy a good social thread, especially if centered around a specific activity.
What does your character want to learn this season? Abashai would like to increase skills that will help benefit himself as well as the community, including hunting and wildnerness survival. He would like to exercise his Reimancy as well.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Any and all.
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Find the artifact Abashai and his partner seek as well as develop/redevelop their relationship.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? As a base of operations for the search for a specific artifact.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Nothing at this time.

Additional Comments: Totally Syked about being here... sorry, had to.
Last edited by Abashai on September 13th, 2016, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Urkut on September 12th, 2016, 4:17 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Urkut of the Tiger Eyed
Age, Sex, Race? 21, Female, Myrian
Younger sibling still trying to escape the shadow by proving herself.
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinite
A sharp blade and kickass attitude.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? In moderation, I do. I don't want every thread I'm in to be strictly violence, as it gets monotonous, but violence is definitely not a turn-off for me. I think that when written in detail, violence can be beautifully descriptive and vibrant.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I do like threading about love usually, as I think that it can create an interesting dynamic for PCs, both during its rise and fall. However, I prefer for it to be previously arranged if it's going deeper than flirting within a thread, as spontaneous sex can feel a bit creepy. :ninja:

Urkut's marriage is on the rocks, so romance or lack thereof will likely be a topic for her in the coming seasons.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No, and therefore no.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? As long as the social thread has a direction it's heading in, I don't mind. If the thread is wandering aimlessly, I get tired of it pretty quick.

Urkut wants to learn about the flora and fauna, and really get her wilderness skills back into shape. She missed the jungle.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? She has a heavy distaste for Svefra (Sorry Mateo), so even if she wouldn't like to meet him, I as a writer would enjoy that. Otherwise, I think she would like to see the Talderian Cat kelvic. As a Tiger Eyed, she has a thing for big cats.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?
Bond with some people and actually establish meaningful relationships instead of just killing everything in sight.

It's the closest I could get to Taloba right now. Plus, there's so much potential for Urkut's soon-to-come sellsword business.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? An adventure into the woods! I'd love to see Urkut lost and discover some of the Maw locations. I especially like the idea of meditating on the Jungle Mounds.

Additional Comments: Holy Kelvics! :P

I will be arriving around the 40th, so I'm free for threads anytime after that.
Urkut
Player

Words: 31480
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2015, 9:04 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next