[Goss' vBlog] Much Ado About Mizahar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

[Goss' vBlog] Warning: Bad Videos and Bad Hair.

Postby Wrenmae on February 26th, 2013, 2:24 am

I will totally keep up the traveling storyteller guise! It's his deep secret passion that isn't really secret!

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on February 26th, 2013, 5:52 am

Holy.

Crap.

Those Shroud sound AWFUL (in a great way).

I totally have to meet them!

I appreciate all the knowledge about the Shroud as a whole and how they operate. I never thought Sailor was a viable position but that makes a lot of sense. I definitely agree that Vayt is fascinating and I wish I had more representation of the god in the PC's, especially now that they know that a single mark won't apocalypse the world.

I'll definitely go for Champion if I can, although I know the road will be long...Vayt's a pretty tough guy to impress so I'll have to do what I can from here on out.

First though...how to shift the blame off of me in Zeltiva before I go... *plots and plans*

Thank you again Jen, The video was incredibly helpful.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on March 7th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Hi Jen! So I had a question about Shielding. I'm a little confused when it comes to tasking. I've read the lore a couple times, but the part that confuses me is in the little descriptions at the end. Does blocking out djed count as a task, or do all shields do this, regardless of what other task they might have.

The reason I ask is because it says a novice can only assign one task to a shield, such as blocking out sound or sunlight. If I task them to do that, does that mean it will no longer block djed? I would think that it would still block djed, because there are a couple places in the lore that say all shields primarily djed, but then I look at the competent description where it says you can assign two tasks:

Shields at this level can generally do two things at once, generally blocking djed and doing one other task at the same time – most commonly absorbing djed or blocking out one sense.

So that leads me to believe that blocking djed does count as a task, which would mean that at novice level if I assigned a shield to block sound or something, it would no longer block djed. Is that right, or am I just confused?
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on April 7th, 2013, 6:40 am

Hey Gossamer,

I had a question regarding Avalis.

So, I was rereading the lore, and I got the impression that the more passive individuals (regarding non-Konti) are more likely to get marked, than the more aggressive individuals of whatever race. Would a warrior ever be be marked by Avalis, or do her marked end up in more advisory roles?

I was also wondering how she picks who she marks. I think in the lore, it says something about not everyone can withstand the gift of sight. Does she just give her gifts to anyone who would be able to handle divination? Does she have any kind of agenda? What is her role in divine politics, and besides Laviku, what are her relations with the other gods and goddesses?

Sorry if this seems like a lot, but I've been wanting to play Thomas more like a follower of Avalis, and I'm not sure I've been doing that the best way possible.

Do you have any advice for players marked by Avalis? How should they play the gnosis, or how did you imagine the gnosis played?

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 21st, 2013, 2:32 pm

Hey Jen!

Kelvics are one of the most popular races to play, and because of this, people are constantly seeking for bond mates and bonding happens a lot. (At least I would figure it does) I was wondering if you could answer a few questions/talk about in general about Kelvic bonding and how it works.

People often go to matchmaker, say they've been looking for a mate, get a response, then boom, they are bonded. Assuming that letting it happen naturally through rp is better than recruiting OOCly, what do you think of this method? Do you hate it? Love it? Is there anything good or bad about this method that you've found over the years of watching people bond? If you didn't plan a bond at all, is it harder to rp and write out than if you had planned it?

On another note, when you've decided that you wanted to bond to a Kelvic or Kelvic to a person, what are some ways that you go about writing it? Is there key points that you emphasize that should apply to everyone's bonding story within your posts or does it completely depend on the people? Are there any tips that you can give the people who wish to write a bonding story to help them do it right?

Next, how do you suggest playing them after they have bonding? The lore says that any combination of sexes can happened, but in a male and female bond, that it can be romantic in a sense and may become sexual. Of course, that can go for any combination of genders. But is this type of romance the same as if two people fell in love, except for the bond itself, or is there a key difference that you would like people to notice and play? Is there any hidden reason that the mixed gender bonds are more prone to be sexual besides having that deep, respectful friendship? Or is it just that way? Any tips for how to write after they have bonded?

Lastly, when a bond is severed, by any means, how would you prefer people to play it? Let's say a writer decides bond with a kelvic, and assume it's a deep one, but it gets severed later, for any number of reasons. And let's say this person didn't exactly know how to have their character react to this lose. Going from the two extremes, which would you prefer: Them Overreacting and putting tons of dramatic affects and being a completely different person, doing strange things or them, or them to act like it's not an extremely huge deal, maybe play them depressed for a couple of seasons without having any major changes and such.Why? Would your answer be different if this was the first time anything traumatic happened to them or if there has been dozens of traumatic things happen to them before this point? Why or why not?

There are two ways a bond can be severed. The bond can be broken by one of the partners by imagining the bond as a rope and cutting it, and one of the two characters can die. Is there anything that causes one to be more or less traumatic than the other? Are they the same? Why or why not? Would it be different if they had or hadn't experience traumatic experiences before? If the other partner dies, and let's say the other partner isn't there when it happens, would they be able to instantly know that they died? Would it feel just like if they severed it? What if they were together in a life or death situation (Such as being attacked by a group of people) and one of them gets killed. Would the other bondmate just give up because they are in utter shock for the loss or would that loss end up being fuel to fight more? Does it depend on the person?

Well, that's all I have for now. I may or may not ask some more, because I really don't want to give any false information about the subject and/or play it wrong, so any answer would help! If I've worded something funny or whatever the situation might be, I can always clarify.

Thanks in advanced, Jen! I really appreciate it!
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Gossamer on October 4th, 2013, 10:17 am

Here's a video on the new Grader Program. I will be answering the questions that have been posted previously in videos in the future.
Keep the questions coming. I didn't realize there were some posted here or I'd have answered them before now. :)

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Wrenmae on October 4th, 2013, 3:07 pm

I'm really excited for this new program. Thanks for explaining it all for us!

Sig by Shausha

Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Vanari on October 4th, 2013, 5:18 pm

This sounds amazing! Thank you all for working so hard to give birth to it :D I shall happily apply once it screams its first breath in the help desk.

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sosicly Magnolia on October 4th, 2013, 8:54 pm

This sounds really interesting. I hope it all works well since you all put so much effort and thought into it! I can't wait to see it in play :D
Sosicly Magnolia
Silence is Open to Misconception

Words: 175085
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2013, 4:37 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 1st, 2014, 6:24 pm

Okay, video on 2014 long term Mizahar plans.

But clarification: When I say... "I'm a little beyond that. " I meant I was too old to head out to the bars at 11:30 on New Years Eve. But when Gillar saw it he starting laughing hysterically said I was implying I was totally drunk (and looked it) and I was not. I'm just very tired from work because they tried to do about 10 hours of work in six to get out early. And in my position that means moving huge amounts of trailers AFTER I'd sent all my help home so they could go party. I was being a nice boss.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

PreviousNext