Location [Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Undeniable Interests

Postby Crypt on October 21st, 2012, 2:29 am

“Well then, sir, have a good day.”

Crypt placed the last of the gold mizas onto the table surface and picked up the newly purchased books. He gave the elderly proprietor a last nod before walking out of his dusty establishment to the sunlight.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 17th, 2012, 11:16 pm

59 Fall 512

Clyde took care in entering the shop... It certainly was crowded, not with people, but with objects... He could almost feel the wealth of knowledge in the store, washing over him in a wave of... No wait, that had nothing to do with his aura, it was simply the dust his entering had stirred up from the books...

To bad, he had really thought he was getting better at auristics, and perhaps had been reading some of the magic on the air as a touch on his skin, from the supposed magical artifacts... Instead of it being little particles in the air, which were quite physical...

He honestly was not certain of exactly what he should be looking for... But, he might as well chance upon the shop, and try and see if anything caught his eye... And regardless, he had heard from a few people of there being some books on magic in here, along with maps... Even if the books turned out to be nonsense... Well, he could always test one of the books out on a subject he knew well, like glyphing. And if it turned out to be a good book, then he could get one on a few other subjects he was interested in learning of...

Once finding the proprietor, he coughed once to clear the air before him, and then asked a few questions.

"Yes. I hear that you have some interesting books here. Ones not found elsewhere in Syliras... And also some good maps. Well, to start off, do you have a decent map of Sylira? I could use one... And also... Might you have a book on glyphing?"

He would not want to buy the book on glyphing, he had far progressed beyond much of anything a book could teach. But certainly by leafing through it and a few pages, he could see if it matched up to his own knowledge.

If he found the book wanting, he could just leave right then... But if it was good... Well, he could try a few more subjects in which he might actually purchase a book... Like Voiding... Or maybe Summoning... He had considered both of those arts at times... And maybe even look to see if he had a magical artifact as he claimed... Though a magic staff lying about might be to much to hope for...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby William Hague on November 22nd, 2012, 8:05 pm

Fall 12, 512 AV

William had not been this excited since he had been since he moved into his new house. William had known for a long time what he was meant to do. But he was not sure how to go about doing it. Knowledge was power his father always said and William possessed precious little of it. It was abundantly clear that he would need to gain more knowledge in order to pursue his objectives. A cursory investigation of the city had led him to conclude that he could find this knowledge at the Undeniable Interests. The shop was the only public repository of lore in Stormhold – provided you were willing to pay the price.

As William approached the shop he could not help but be slightly reproachful of its outer appearance. Having grown up on his mother’s estate, William was used to a certain level of tidiness. Ramshackle and small was one thing, his own home was barely larger than a prison cell. But at least his home was neat. This supposed haven for knowledge could not have been more worn and dirty if someone was actively trying.

Reserving judgment and curbing his expression, William walked inside and asked in a friendly voice, “Is anyone there? I need help finding information about the lore of the land.”
William Hague
Player

Words: 5543
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Postby Accolade on March 2nd, 2013, 9:41 pm

The man peeked out from the back room to see that someone had entered. He had been long at work cleaning, and then after taking a quick nap, he rose again and continued on his work. The man who entered looked to be a visitor. He, like the rest all had that same squinted eyed look as if it was hard for them to see inside the shop.

He stepped out of the back and proceeded behind the counter where he could better address the young man. "We have books here, yea..and maps...decent maps mind you. My stock is good enough for coin, that I'd bet yea aye?"

He looked the man over again, and found him mouth curving downward. There was something about him, an arrogant boldness and stuck up tone to his speech. Surely the old man had met many like this in his time, but it didn't mean he had to like it. Finally he moved away from the counter and disappeared behind a shelf for a few ticks, before he returned with a book.

"A book on glyphing" he said simply and laid the book on the table top.
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 2nd, 2013, 10:23 pm

It had not been to long of a wait, before the proprietor of the store had approached him. In answer to his request, he went off in search of the item, and came back with an book. He took a step closer, and inspected the cover. It had only a single rune on the front, the rest simple words. That alone in his mind was a testament that the author had actually known glyphing.

A lesser glypher, or an uninitiated would have covered it in glyphes and runes, trying to entice a untrained person into thinking it was filled with knowledge. Clyde knew better. He pulled open the front cover, and leafed through a few pages, glancing at them. There were few pictures, and most of the book was words... And one of the pictures even had a notation saying it was only an example... Which actually made Clyde smile. Perhaps this author had known his stuff. If this was what to be expected from such books to be found here, then perhaps coming had not been a waste.

Clyde slid the book back towards the man, with a smile on his face.

"I will admit that was a bit of a test, I already know of glyphing. But I had to know for sure of your merchandise, surely you do not grudge me for that. You have my trust now. I apologize."

Clyde was not one to bandy about apologies, so him doing so meant he truly meant it. He was genuinely apologizing, even if the man did not end up believing him.

"Now, what I am really interested in buying, is a book on a few other topics. Do you have a book on the basics of Summoning, or Voiding, or both? I would like to buy them if you do. And also as I had said before, a map of the region of Sylira, always a good thing to have for one who travels. And a case to go with it?"
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Accolade on March 3rd, 2013, 7:43 am

It appeared that he had been right about this one, a cocky attitude and sense of self worth far beyond that of which his mortal nature should allow. He was testing him, the man said, which caused the much older man to stare at him through narrowed eyes. "You..were testing me? Young man, do not waste my time, if you are here to make a purchase then do so otherwise be on your way."

And then he asked, a question that caused the man to go dry at the mouth and even speechless for a moment. Was he serious, did he really expect and answer that wasn't a swift kick in the pants and having himself thrown out of the shop? Luckily the old guy was too tired to get mixed up with a young man who was obviously mad. "You won't find books on either subject here nor any place in this city."

He stared at the man again for a moment, wondering if he truly thought him a fool, or if this was more of his testing. The shop owner was not in the mood to say the least. Finally he turned away again, this time staying gone for a longer period of time before returning with a map. "I will sell you this regional map for 10gm."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 3rd, 2013, 3:38 pm

"I was not trying to be rude or waste your time, but call me thorough or suspicious, but when dealing in things such as this I find it is better to be sure of such things, than to be burned."

He was a bit surprised by his next words... Now that he took a moment to think on it... Yes, summoning was a banned magic inside Syliras... Though it must have slipped his mind, as most of the magic Clyde knew was banned in Syliras, especially his best one Reimancy. That had been why he had always practiced it outside of the city, far from prying eyes. But he did not realize that also meant books on the topics were banned.

Voiding though... That made a bit less sense... Was it a banned magic also? He had not known that one was, even when looking back through his memories... Would the knights suspicious ways with magic never end?

It looked like he would not get much of what he came for, and simply sighed and nodded, and paid out the mizas for the map.

"Thanks anyways."

Paying the amount, he took his map and left. He had a feeling he had worn out his welcome here.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vanador Gless on April 2nd, 2013, 12:17 am

Vanador stepped slowly into the dark and dusty shop named Undeniable Interests . It smelt of dust, he thought, as he trotted threw the narrow shelved halls covered in the most peculiar of things. he ran his gloved hand along the cold surface of the dusty self as he walked along it, pulling back a finger stained black and black with dirt on the pale white of his glove. Sighing lightly he made a face and headed for what he thought was the shop's owner.
He had been walking threw the city the entire day and he was very tired. Most of the shop owner he had visited turned him own. But he was not sure if that was because of his race and his appearance or how he spoke to them, even trying to use Hypnosis on one foolish man. But to no avail, he was homeless and jobless and this little dusty shop was his last hope. But he had to admit, the aura of this place really did suet him.
Removing his hat and dropping it to his side when he approved the form he guessed owned the place he spoke slowly in his dry voice, his violet eyes glimmering in the dimness of the room as he spoke. "Excuse me sir, but if you don't mind id like to no if you where in need of some employment?"
"why is a raven like a writing desk?"
Vanador Gless
Player

Words: 8382
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2013, 5:44 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Accolade on April 2nd, 2013, 12:30 am

The old patron had been hard at work days ago cleaning up and then restocking his wears, not to mention organizing everything into an order, or at least to his liking. Once the door swung open, he turned back to look upon the tall slim man that entered.

The question that the young man asked, caught him by surprise and he chuckled lightly. "Am I in need of employment? My boy, look around, I already have a job. Now is there something that you wanted?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Vanador Gless on April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 am

Vanador smiled at him, the man looked wise. "not really what i meant", he looked around the shop, " i was wondering if i could possibly get a job here... sir?".
"why is a raven like a writing desk?"
Vanador Gless
Player

Words: 8382
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2013, 5:44 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext