Completed [Fighters Pit] Kisetukai, The Power Magnet

K tosses around some people at the common man's training grounds and gets disrespectful. Can anyone take him down?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighters Pit] Kisetukai, The Power Magnet

Postby Kaie on May 16th, 2013, 2:29 am

]
Kaie

"Too many damn pacifists," Kaie thought absently to herself, shrugging past the numerous bodies in the urban streets. All the time she had spent in Syliras and the only fights she saw were friendly jibes between knights. It had been over two years since she had seen serious blood spilled, and her hostility was beginning to boil. She was truly a Myrian down to her very bones, always immersed in fantasies of victory and triumph in battle. Were those not the same goals every teenager in Taloba held to this very day? Much can change in two years, but that one was highly improbable. Impossible even. Regardless, Kaie was tense and irritable as a result of the lack of action. Perhaps if one were to call her an adrenaline junkie, they wouldn't be too far off. She was adventurous to a fault, and her quests to prove her worth often got her into unsettling predicaments. Still, Kaie lived without regrets.

Though accustomed to the presence of another creature at every waking moment, it was always refreshing to get away. To find a place where the bodies thinned out and empty space existed. She was determined now, more than ever, to find that fabled area. She sported her brown cloak as usual, the hood casting a thin shadow over her face to keep the sun at bay. Kaie was used to the heat, but her eyes still enjoyed refuge from the bright rays now and again. The weight of her gladius, which she concealed expertly behind her cloak, felt like a two ton stone. It was practically begging her to be unsheathed. To be brandished and swung in a thrilling match of skill. Both which were impossible with all these Knights around with their panties in a wad. Some days it was like an insignificant confrontation caused them to come running, to put down the disturbance of fragile peace. Didn't they know that peace was a relative state which fluxuated naturally? For how could there ever be peace if there was no war to compare it to?

Finally it seemed she had enough distance from the Bazaar to allow her to move comfortably. About time. Brown eyes carefully observing her environment, she noticed this area of the citadel was relatively unknown to her. She remembered the storm that ripped parts of the city apart, and since then she left this place to its own fate. Never taking a detour to bother checking it out for new progress. She could've turned around, that she knew, but the unknown was a dull excitement for her. It was something for her to occupy her unbridled mind with. That enthusiasm only increased when she heard calls of gamblers. One thing she had come to learn was that where there were gamblers, there were worthwhile events. Naturally, Kaie followed the shouts zealously, carrying herself confidently across the street to where she found a rare treasure. Upon moving closer, she found that a crummy, old sign signified a training pit. How did she not discover this place before? Her own idiocy astounded her sometimes.

The arena was a deep pit far below her, a decent drop that allowed a large audience to spectate. The walls were an orangey tan, crumbling and deteriorated. It bore clear wounds from the abuse it suffered the year prior. Finding a nearby wall, the Myrian woman came to a halt beside it, allowing her shoulder to lean against the vertical surface. Back now to the sun, she opted to remove her hood from her head. Her brown hair fell in curls and waves below her shoulders, bronzed skin seeming to almost glow in the light. It was easy to see who was engaged in the fighting and who was sitting on the sidelines. The gamblers were finishing up their final bets when she had arrived, turning their attention completely to the combatants. Following their captivated gazes, Kaie tuned in on three in particular. What she found caught her entirely off guard and she was enthralled by what she was seeing. A blonde woman gripping her cutlass, clearly aggravated by whatever skirmish had taken place, was closer to the center. A black human stood before his horse, confidence clear in his stature, jabbing with custom gauntlets. Although each was interesting to her, what had captured her attention so violently was the human's competitor.

"Well I'll be damned..."

Standing there with his back to her, stood undeniably, a Myrian man. Piercings could be found clearly about his face, she could see large earrings and was sure he held more on his face. He was inked just about everywhere on his body, skulls lining his back. Likely a symbol of confirmed kills in the name of their goddess he took great pride in. Now she could see why bystanders gawked in his direction, surprised by his presence. He was confident in a different way from the human, a more subtle arrogance he could dial into if he wished. She doubted anyone else would step up to challenge him if he won. Her initial shock was obvious as could be. Never had she set her sights on such a pure blooded Myrian, not since she was stuck in Syliras anyways. Not even a common passerby. Just when she began to wonder if Myri had in fact left her lost daughter, she sent one of her sons. Oddly enough, it wasn't just that the Myrian was there. Anyone could see his presence with their eyes. Somehow, she could feel. Finally came the realization: they were both marked by Myri. How could she forget the ancient rituals and such on her Coming of Age? She had filled her body with the bloodlines of every Myrian who had ever lived in Taloba, and the faith burned deep within her soul. It reminded her then, she was not alone.

Quietly, she watched from afar, the ensuing battle. Worthy opponents facing off before an audience who had a stake in their fates. Each of their movements were commendable despite different backgrounds. May Myri guide his strikes. Biased by her birth, she held no doubts about the fruits of victory the Taloban man would indulge in momentarily. After all, they were seen only as bloodthirsty savages, right?
[/framepic]

Last edited by Kaie on July 1st, 2013, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kisetukai on May 16th, 2013, 5:56 am

He felt it, he felt it all... The reason the myrians were so well known. His punches, both landing on his side, K instinctively began to retaliate. Fanning his right arm in a bit of an unorthodox block, he lowered his guard to see the man spitting his life essence on the ground... It was disgusting. His blood looked thick, as if a true liquid-solid, shining in it's own gloss as it patted the earth. The whole work ethnic of a myrian was unmatched, no rhythm or personal skills, it was more a flurry of personal flare. He seemed to use unexpectance and complete random illusions and natural assumptions to his advantage. 

Without giving K a chance to assess the damages, the violence thirsty savage flew forward again, coming to K's right. I'm gonna pound the bastard into the dirt! Throwing a swift overhead left, arcing to the ground, he was stopped before he made it. A swift knee slicing past his ribs, he could tell this man was toying with him... Or at least that's what it felt like. Aggravated by the pain, K flung his body to a turn to see an airborne man fail. Or at least he thought. Until Razkar used the wall as a launching pad, a huge leg flying atop his shoulder, he couldn't dodge. His block up, he decided to go natural and leaned back. His bob being a quick evade, his feet stayed in place as he tested his spine, his back being pushed to his boxing limits. 

The move in itself caught him off guard, his legs indeed wobbled a bit, the knee had him winded. Being winded would take a bit off of his reflexes, thus explaining how he was soon hit.
He couldn't tell what the man was wearing, shoes or barefoot, he forgot to look, but he knew that regardless his foot made contact. Scraping his face, a swift slice on his cheek. Stopping barely before his left eye and an inch under his left ear. It was so thin, it felt unevident, as if it truly wasn't existent. Still leaning back, K watched as his foot that graced and grazed his face, finally left. His guard knocked off, his hands instantly dropped and fell past his desired level. Using that momentum and weight of the kick, his body twisted at about a forty five degree angle, naturally preparing. His knees bent and body half crouched, he twisted barely, his right fist rising up and flying forward he decided it was time to stop playing. 

A strong powerful and quick right hook, using gravity to propel it towards the wall aimed at the man's torso... He was still coming down. It wasn't a lazy punch, for it was technical and straight out of the textbook, his left naturally flinging up to protect his face as his right shoulder cascaded his face. Unaware if he hit or not, his muscles shifting, he would instantly slide into a left straight. His right retracting, his left arm fully extended would quickly return back to him like a boomerang. 

The left was to push him away, knock him off guard or at least create some damn space. He would slide to his right and step back, a quick hop, as he held his gaunlets up to his face. His shoulders a bit hunched, he began to start up his bob and weave, waiting for the fly to... Fly. Breathing in between punches and steps, he was learning breathing control better on the spot, it was saving him. 

Speaking to himself inside of his mind, he jotted out a quick mental prayer, hoping a god would favor and watch him also. 

[i]"Dear Wysar... Please... Help me fight with integrity, honor and most of all discipline. I know my earlier actions were dishonorable

He would sway a bit, awaiting the return of the man's fist, or technically... Body. Razkar... A warrior like no other, a man he didn't want to lose to. He respected him but also didn't, for the thought of a myrian was not an easy one. Winning was respectable, doing anything to win was honorless, and that was unforgivable yet understandable. Razkar wasn't acceptable, but he was exceptional, meaning K hated the whole thought of him but personally couldn't help but admire it. Thus hating himself for liking what he despised, yet truly enjoyed... It was a weird concept.  

oocI love your fighting style/descriptions to be honest. Raz is very energetic I see, and that off the wall proved it. Keep it up! :) Hopefully I can start replying faster so I can "Give the people what they want".  Btw if I may ask how's my combat? Am I doing to much for my level of boxing? I want to be fair and stuff lol :1 Tell me any questions comments or concerns. And remember nothing below the belt Myrian =3=
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Words: 636820
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2013, 9:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Razkar on May 16th, 2013, 6:25 am

Ah, the speed of youth.

Razkar should have been furious that both his leg and elbow were blocked, stymied, his energy wasted, but in truth the exhilaration was more than compensating his disappointment. If it was a true battlefield with his life in the balance, that might be different. But here? It was a contest.

And what value is a contest if your opponent is not worthy of you?

His sandaled feet hit the ground just in time for his torso to have an anvil slam into it. Lucky for him (well, relatively) it was the human's right, so it was studs that mashed flesh and bruised bone, not those evil little blades on the right. Razkar grunted and stepped back a few paces, but he knew what would follow-

-swayed to his left and let the barbed left gauntlet fly past his head where his face had been, the human backing up, buying time and real estate between the two of them...

There was a pause, down there in the pit. Above them the crowd was loving it, arms flailing, throats getting raw as the men (and some women) shouted and threatened and cursed and made it clear that you better not lose me my money, you black/savage bastard! But on those sands it was... the eye of a hurricane.

Razkar smiled again, circling the bobbing human, blood now shining on his sheek from where his kick had caught him. His breathing was heavy but only for a moment, the boy at least learning to control it. His guard was up, gauntlets making his hands seem freakishly large and forbidding, only his eyes visible, glaring coals set in a pitch face.

He cocked his head to one side. The human adapted well. His footwork was still good, though he'd clearly upped his game after finding out this "savage" wouldn't be the free lunch those other peons had been. The blow to his knee was throwing off his balance, the same to his throbbing kidney, but he recovered.

And when he saw the ferocious, stubborn gleam in his opponent's eye, Razkar just smiled wider.

He felt the twin ecstasies of his pain and his gnosis burn through him. Goddess, how he had missed this. The only thing better would have been swinging his steel, and there'd be time for that with the female. Well, truthfully the only thing better would have been snapping the boy's neck after bringing him down, but this, he was told, was civilization. They disapproved of things like that.

When it was done to humans, anyway.

"Not bad," he said with an appraising grimace, rubbing his chest for a moment and wishing he hadn't, "But can do better? I hope so-"

The moment the last word hit the breeze he was moving again, gnosis like a fiery brand on the back of his neck. This was what he loved most about the favor of Myri: it gave him sight. The speed was a blessing, to be sure, but the true advantage was it made things... clear.

Razkar knew what to he had to do and how he could do it. What more could a fighter ask for?

The human blinked and by that time the Myrian was close, hands raised, half-closed, legs bent. His right gauntlet lashed out, a broad punch-

Too broad. Keeping you back of-

-a feint, masking the left uppercut that came slashing towards him as he weaved to the human's right, avoiding that first hook, barbed gauntlet aiming to slice him up from below-

-only for the Myrian to sway back, upper body leaning back-

-giving momentum to his lower body as his right foot swung out straight up, aiming for the human's stomach, but he'd settle for the crotch if that failed, whatever would, double him over, cloud his mind with a spike of pain-

-buy him a moment to hammer home his left arm, swinging around in a short, clinical hook, aiming for the sweet spot at the human's temple, now exposed after his right had lashed out-

His right stayed close to him, tense, bent and muscles straining, ready to jerk up with his forearm to knock aside any more jabs that the human could get it before his own pick and hook connected.

The crowd roared. The sand howled. Two bodies screamed in protest and strained joy, and all was right in Razkar's world.

OOCThank you, and you seem to be doing well so far. You're keeping pretty close to the proper abilities for a "Competent" skill level, which is good. But don't try and include too much when you're fighting, and always make it clear what is moving and how. You're doing that now but it's just a little... muddled. Keep it simple, no more than two or three moves, or you branch off into godmodding or just plain confusion. I try to make it clear, too. And I'm glad to hear you'll be posting more, I've been hopping up and down waiting for your replies! Oh, and read my CS, mate: NOTHING is below the belt as far as Razkar is concerned. Just be happy he's not trying to kill you. :D
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kisetukai on May 16th, 2013, 10:28 pm

It was a critical moment for K, that warrior circling him, he never took his eyes off the myrian. Seeing Razkar's face, it was annoying if not a challenge, as he circled the boy and looked for an opening. K began to grow a bit distressed, consulting his brother mentally without speaking aloud. Kise... What's going on? This guy has been tagged by some punches and he's still moving like I never touched him.

"Well K... I told you not to underestimate him. How's your chest?" Kise asked wondering about his brother. "He keeps getting you with feints, and as a boxer I find that unexceptable..-"

"How bout you go show him how it's done then brother?" Shin said as he joined the conversation.

"Wait? This isn't my fight I-" Kise retorted quickly.

"It is now..." Shin ended the conversation, switching control of the body from K to Kise instantaneously.

Kise found his head a bit lowered, K hadn't took his eyes off Razkar, and apparently he had been straining himself. Kise closed his eyes for a second, his forearm grazing his eye and subbing for an actual rub. As soon as he looked up, he saw the inevitable, Razkar dead in his face. A simple crouch, that blazing broad and lazy right flying at his left side. With Kise being the one with boxing mentality, he decided to focus on a small strategy. Standing his ground with his body firm, the right never came, instead he found it was made to rear him into another attack.

But what could he have planned?

An uppercut?! Kise's right side was in danger as the fist flew up, it had the cleanness to be able to knock him out swiftly. Shifting his weight to his left side, he quickly side stepped to forty five degree angle clockwise, enough to see the fist fly by. He bounced in rhythm as it all came together, this was his boxing tempo, this is why it was working. He was a boxer!

Got him!

Using his new found angle, Kise decided that he had the momentum to finish the fight, ready to end it- his body snapped back to a forward thrust. His right studded gaunlet to aim at the man's face, square on his nose, this was supposed to be an instant knock out. His fist flew forward, but he couldn't tell if he hit because it all happened to fast. A swift kick tithe stomach, winding him and wrenching his guts. When did he throw a kick?! How did he have enough time?!

His body naturally flew back, but he knew he had to-

SMACK

His face exploded with a rush of heat and emotions, feeling a thundering hook land flush on his cheek. Apparently, Raz had a more serious mindset going on. 

He instantly swung around, counter clockwise, the force of the blow being too much to hand. He was dazed, rocked and overall in a bad place. He was oblivious to everything except the monster staring at him. The crowds roars in the background, denial kicked in, was he going to lose?

His arm soon followed, still unsure if he got a hit off, he began to sway. Regaining composure, he knew Razkar could probably tell he had got him good. Using his bob and weave technique, he lunged back forward breathing between his movements with sharp whistle sounds. He came in using his opponents strategy, hopefully this threw him off guard. A wide right while his left covered up his face-

Actually then quickly snapping and retracting his right, slyly launched his left in, hoping he would at least get off some cuts if not a brutal punch. Finally he ended with a move in boxing that was frowned upon and illegal, a right backhand, spinning his body just after throwing the left. The back hand was just incase Raz decided to slip in closer, although just because he was planning ahead didn't mean it would succeed. 

He was drowsy for the first bit, a tad sluggish and overall slowly recovering. He did what he had to do, launching forward after the back fist for a takedown. He wasn't a wrestler, a brawler, or some martial artist, but even a common man knew how to mount a man and beat him senseless. All that mattered know was if he would be able to take him down, for he possessed no skill in this area of combat, but a clinch wasn't an option. 

This was desperation.

Kise was a fighter... Razkar is a warrior.

oocOk this one was long waited :) First off a few pointers: The reason I had him throw so many attacks was to stress his desperation, this is from personal experiences and I've seen enough fights to know how desperate people get. Kise is no longer boxing, he's attempting streetfighting. This is a combo of unarmed and brawling to me technically. Well as we are now. Without further ado tho, goodluck, and I love how you keep ms on my toes. Funny part was, when writing this, even I didn't see the kick (didn't read it) until I went over it once more lol. Good job.
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Razkar on May 16th, 2013, 10:59 pm

This is what happens when you get cocky, boy.

A voice that sounded shockingly like his father whispered in Razkar's head right after "it" happened. His strike to the boy's temple had hit home well enough, knocking the kid around like a windmill, almost throwing him into the pit's wall. Another hook to his cheek almost did the same, and Razkar's hands stung expectantly as he used them for something other than eye gouging and holding weapons.

The crowd roared with every blow. He glanced up and found eyes focused on him, shouting, smiling-

Goddess!

Well, not literally, but he did see another Child of Myri up there. Her dark skin stark against the sea of white and ruddy faces around her, she was young, even younger than his sister Sheema, staring down at him with the same surprise in her brown eyes. His lips quirked for a moment, stunned...

And then he raised both arms in the air, bellowing the warcry that none would understand but her.

"FOR MYRI!"

And the crowd, of course, bellowed back, loving the spectacle, Razkar grinning up-

-as the boy charged him again.

His head snapped around and he sidestepped sharply to his left, just avoiding the wide right-

No! You think you're the only one that can make a feint?!

-that never connected, stopping halfway, retracting, the human's left hand jutting forwards instead, just as Razkar was moving.

The Myrian snarled in fury as those damn barbs slashed across his shoulder, his duck back to the left barely avoiding the blow, and then there was spinning in front of him, the human still having plenty of stamina thanks to his age, whirling around, right arm already extended-

-Razkar staggered back, getting out of range of that metal-coated hand more important to him than looking good doing it, bringing up his hands as the human stopping spinning, backhand failing but facing him again-

-and then Kisetukai threw himself at the Myrian.

The human did not see it, but a tight, vengeful smile touched Razkar's lips. Getting in close after all that fisticuffs? Not a good idea, but a brave one. Or desperate, perhaps? He didn't know, nor did he have time to wonder.

The boy tackled him across the torso, arms flung around Razkar's chest, trying to lift him, bring him down to the sand and mount him-

-exposing his back to Razkar as he bent down to do so-

-who immediately hammered his right elbow vertically down onto the broad, black back. Once, twice, three times-

-the third time, there was a crack-

-and Razkar snarled like a tiger and bought his knee up into she he assumed the human's face was, his balance wobbling slightly, throwing him off to the left-

-he went with it, left hand flying to the back of the human's pants, right arm gripping into the human's right armpit-

And with a roar at the sky above them both, Razkar turned and hurled the human against the wall of the pit, back first.

OOCAh, well, I didn't read it that well, then. But it just came off as being badly-written, if I may say so. Dont be afraid to state the obvious if you think the other person won't understand. If he's desperate, say so. You can always work on a better way of saying it; half the point of this site is to shape us as writers. Second point: I did the same thing, apparently, because that right jab left uppercut combo? That was supposed to be YOU doing those things, and Raz reacting to them. But this turns out pretty good, too, so all in all... I'm enjoying it!
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on May 17th, 2013, 3:00 am

]
Kaie

The cries of the gamblers, the trash talk, and the hollow sounds of fists making contact was like a blessing. She could not draw her weapons nor split skulls in these streets, but the Fighters Pit was becoming a guilty pleasure. Perhaps she would come here herself to utilize the new found theater for violence. For now she would live through the combatants engaged. Feeling the blissful sensation of strikes landing on a target, the exhilaration of escaping blows. It seemed every twist and turn in the battle had her by the throat, mesmerizing her.

A hook to the temple. Classic. Obviously the crowd loved it, with their cheers, curses, and praises depending on where their money was. She watched the Myrian warrior raise his head, to soak in the earned glorification. That was when she finally saw his face. The tattoos that took up his forehead, the piercings that lined the nose and lips. Now there's a true Myrian. His black eyes seemed to mirror the initial shock she felt in his presence. A reaction she could only assume was the result of long traveling. Was he a mercenary or assassin of some sort? Either way, the experience in warfare was honed. Certainly she wasn't the only one to notice the advanced, and unorthodox, moves he chose.

"FOR MYRI!"

The war cry caused the audience to go crazy, not even aware of the words he yelled. In their eyes it was the violent cry of a savage. To Kaie, it meant something more. It was a battle cry that resonated deep within her body, awakening a primal piece of her mentality. The call for victory in the name of their goddess. It gave her that rush of adrenaline she always seemed to crave. The kind that always seemed to get her into trouble as often as out of it. The rally for bloodshed. A desire to indulge in the fruits of victory. Could she even remember the last time she heard her native tongue? Immediately, her distance from the pit was deemed unacceptable. She needed to be closer. More engaged.

Moving from the wall now, Kaie advanced just as the male Myrian was avoiding a a strike. Moving to the edge of the banister, the woman didn't even hesitate before she made her drop. Stepping off the ledge, her body fell softly with gravity. Her hands were splayed out a little ways from her body, cloak billowing up with the rush of air. The ground came quickly, and upon landing she gave with the earth to avoid injury. Knees bent and hands checked the dirt on impact. A tiny plume of sand came from under her sandals. After a moment, she was back standing up right, making her way closer to the area center.

The majority of gamblers were far too gone in their game to notice her, but a few did. Casual glances at the newcomer turned to double takes. Lacking visible tattoos and adorning piercings on her ears exclusively, she almost passed for human. Another look would prove false. Her thin, athletic, bronzed form and exotic features gave her away. Naturally, she didn't get the response the male Myrian received. He lived up to their nightmarish reputation far better than she appeared to. Nonetheless, the magnitude of her inner ferocity caused small tremors.

More moves were made and most failed against the warrior. He was too prepared and well trained. Always, he was utilizing all four limbs rather than just two. Besides, the human seemed to slowly be burning out. Minutes turned to hours in a fight. Every ounce of energy was priceless. In an attempt to bring an end to the fight, or so she assumed, the human attempted a take down that was fiercely fought off. Now for the brutal counter. The crack rang through the air causing a noticeable wince from a few in the crowd. Just percussion to a thrilling score in her opinion. Well executed return was finished with a rough throw into the ancient, decomposing stone wall. All accompanied by sounds she could only compare to the hostile roars of a Myrian Tiger.

"Welcome to the jungle."
[/framepic]

Last edited by Kaie on July 1st, 2013, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kisetukai on May 17th, 2013, 8:54 am

Contact, Kise had definitely made contact with him, he definitely had the man within the huge grasp of his hands. It's just that, it felt wrong. It felt like this wasn't what he exactly wanted, this wasn't what he exactly needed, this wasn't how it was supposed to feel! It was supposed to be simple, he was never a grappler or one to wrestle or even brawl but he had an idea of how it was supposed to feel. It wasn't supposed to be like this. It was a loose grip, a grip of him barely holding onto some limbs of the man. And even though he possessed strength, he failed in the goal of tackling this myrian.

He thought he had an insane grip at first, slowly but surely he noticed that he was far off. This man had  him figured out the whole time, he wasn't doing anything, he had lost before it started. As his thoughts sent him into a small series of depression, his grip loosened and he began to stop struggling.

SMACK!

A loud skin on skin sound echoed and ringed the whole pit, the crowd flying into a frenzy, yelling and screaming. He felt his crouch weaken, his hands slide an inch down, his body felt so-

THUD!

Another loud roar sent through the crowd, as Razkar's sharp elbow once more dug into his back. The feeling it sent through his body was like no other, the pain unrivaled, so vicious that even K wouldn't have liked it. This one seemed to have penetrated, as if hitting the tender muscle he had, feeling the nerves send a distress to his brain. His eyes seemed to pulse with pain, quaking and straining, his whole form changed to that of someone being brutally massacred by a blade. His mouth flung open, letting out the hot steam that he had trapped in his body, forced out by Razkar. His heart seemed to have began to inch forward, as if it wanted to ooze out of his mouth, he soon felt that way with everything. He just wanted to throw up and expel everything out of his body, cough up lungs and other vital organs, so there would be no more pain of throbbing life.

He began to think about everything in his life, not his life flashing before his eyes but the very questioning of his existence. Like K, he began to experience chronic depression, it was not a good moment. Contemplating if he should walk away from the duel, he didn't have a choice, he had already lost. 

CRACK!

That was it, that was the final push needed to end the fight. Kise could no longer compete, the final blow indeed fractured or chipped something. Hearing the crowd roar in the back of his mind, he felt sorry for himself, he felt sorry for his pride as a fighter. Is this what happens to those who stop training? Because K always wanted flirt, playing around with women, it made them weak on the battlefield. He was no longer a threat, he was an opponent with empty threats, and Kise in general was a failure to himself. If his mom could see him, she would've probably disowned him.

It was enough to make him want to die, it was the lowest level possible for someone of his stature. Kise had thought that there was no possible way for the situation to descend lower into the depths of failure, but it indeed did plunge. It was that final dig into his back that felt like a blade, driving through his body, as he looked down at his chest upside down, imagining a crisp blade sliding through. He felt mortified when he saw a solution of blood and saliva leaking out of his mouth, no doubt he was hurt, the pain so bad that it had become it's own painkiller to the original pain. He felt like Raz was going to let him go, but no... That wasn't the case. A blinding knee flew up to his face, crushing his nose and forcing more blood out of a new opening. As both nostrils flooded with warm red liquid, leaking out his life essence, his blood seemingly spewing, but in actuality it was a simple weak leak. The blood joining up and reaching his top lip, dripping down to join his mouth leak in mid air, no doubt there was internal bleeding.

The knee made his body fly up, a tick of relief in his spine from returning back to up right position, quickly faded by the stinging pain, fear, and heat of the man's extra attacks. It was all coming back to him, as if the pain was an astral body finally merging back with the physical bringing unfathomable pain. Slicing and sawing his muscles, his head was fully up, looking Ito the sky. He felt the cruel grip of Razkar once more, gripping his body forcefully, what could've been next?

With one simple movement, Kise's body flew, literally flew. As he soared across the the ground, and finally his back making contact with the wall. How did he possess such strength?! It was not an easy feat to lift Kise, yes he was very lightweight, but he still had a ton of muscle, or so he thought... His back pain was revived as he made contact with the wall, a huge crack left in the architecture, dust and chips flying up. As he fell off, he hit the ground with a thud, slamming into the floor on his chest, flat. His chest began to ache as he gasped, swallowing dust and barely getting a fourth of the real air he needed. 

His body rolled until he laid straight on is back, his body laid flat with his head on his right cheek, he couldn't even manage to move his neck. His mind finally unfroze, as even more pain thrusted in and he heard the rage of the crowd, it was amazing... Yet devastating. He loss, he was worthless, he wasn't a fighter, he was a poser. His view was awful, he could only see his hand laying on the back of itself, fully exposed and open with his palm shaking and absorbing precious sunlight.

He could only see his hand, his arm, his shoulder, Razkar, and the vicious crowd that gave him expressions of mockery, disappointment, and overall judging. He wasn't the fighter he thought he was, he wasn't a Yamehaka, he wasn't his mothers sun. K was... K was the son his mother always wanted, Kise was just a soft kid who received praise for work he didn't do. He was a school kid, an observer, an obligated thinker. He was no boxer, he wasn't worthy of wearing the gloves or the shorts, his mom shouldn't have taught him anything. He looked drowsily into the faces of the crowd, expecting him to get up, he had no choice. His mouth wide open, blood leaking down his cheek from his mouth and nose, his body was paralyzed from shock. It was a knockout, a technical knockout, for he was semi conscious. His right hand was the only thing shaking, the rest of his body dead and motionless, he had no more hope of living. Yes, he was beat so bad that he was suicidal, for bloodshed was the scariest thing to him.

He felt his body grow cold, already numb, he wondered if he was dying. If someone else knew his thoughts they would say he was over reacting, but he had never experienced so much pain at once. The knee and throw against the wall was just enough to push him over the edge, actually after the knee he felt spiritually dead. His eyes were forced open, he felt the blood leaking on his cheek grow cold, and he was still trembling a bit. Watching Razkar with his fuzzy vision, his eyes began to blink, as he tried to regain control of his body. He couldn't... The fight was over. It been over. Now he just needed to get up and go home.

Was Kise ever a fighter? He just fought a true warrior, and now was questioning himself. A lot would come into question now, including the worth of his existence.

oocWhew, ok this one took me longer than expected. Not because of quality or because it's length but because I couldn't figure out what to say. I kept over thinking and I was like, "What about this, what about that?" When actually, I finally thought about it... I got knocked the hell out. Simple. So this is my best knockout/got rocked reply. Enjoy, and hopefully I get positive feedback. I know a lot of people have been telling me they were reading and I'm like.. Worried. This was probably one of my first fights that people said they were watching lol, I felt a bit like I was cracking under the pressure. Eh, maybe I'm overreacting. We'll see... Anybody in the thread or reading with questions feel free to pm for questions...
Kisetukai
Syliras Finest

Character sheet

Postby Razkar on May 17th, 2013, 9:34 am

In the time it took the human to crash into the wall and dislocate a century's worth of stone, then fall with an inglorious thud to the sand, Razkar understood the fight was over. The crowd's roaring increased but it was a muted sound to his ears now. His black eyes were fixed on the limp and almost-lifeless human, not willing to make the same mistake as he did before...

But he knew it was no longer an issue. He knew that look. To have been beaten not just physically, which was bad, but spiritually, which was...

The Myrian exhaled deeply, breathing some of the flame and ache from his lung and cocked his head to one side. The human's face was a mess of dark skin and shining blood, and his nose wouldn't be the same again. His back would be a mess, but... it was the light in his eyes that told Razkar he had his victory.

Specifically, the fact there wasn't one. Beaten. Defeated. That was what this human... Goddess, whose name he didn't even know, that was what he was now. All fight fled, at least in his own mind...

"Welcome to the jungle."

The words trickled into his ears from a long way away, and he blinked turned... saw one of his sisters standing there. Familiar, yet so distant, at least to his eyes. The Myrian females he knew had been taut, hardened, angular specimens, regarding the world with baleful eyes. Razkar always told himself that if the barbarian races thought he was bad, they should have seen his mother, his instructors, his Fang Leader in the army and his fang-mates.

This one, though... different.

"Blessings of the Goddess-Queen upon you, mistress," he said with a short bow, and damned if it didn't feel good to give that age-old greeting in its proper tongue, "Please stay, I have other business this day-" he said, jerking his head towards the cutlass-holding human female whose face as contorting with shock more and more with each passing moment "-and I am not yet done with this one..."

Kaie frowned slightly but she could see Razkar had made some decision. He walked slowly over the battered body of the human, staring up at him now through clouded eyes. Odd. There was no... fear, in them. Not of him, anyway, the man that had all-but-destroyed him. It was of... something else. Something Razkar recognized.

Failure.

Memories rushed into the savage's mind. He'd been down there. He'd felt that crushing depression, that sense of... worthlessness. All your conceptions about who you are and what you could do battered away by uncaring reality. He'd risen from the sands of his home, and he'd helped others do the same in the Training Yards of Taloba...

We are all cocky and proud when we are young, he told himself, channeling that part of his mind that was more warrior than savage, and we stay like that... unless we are instructed otherwise.

"Here..."

Razkar bent down and grasped around the right gauntlet, crouching low to put the arm across his shoulders and even as his knees strained he gritted his teeth and pushed himself upwards-

-bringing the human to his feet with a strangled cry.

"Pain is bad," he said, feeling experimentally around the human's back, "Hmm... but damage is not bad as pain. Bruised ribs. Two... no, three. No sparring for few days-"

His right hand flew up in a blur, grasped under the human's chin and jerked it up to look in his eyes. Brown and dull met obsidian and deep... and they did not look away. Razkar approved, even then.

"Warrior does not boast or play braggart," Razkar said lowly, so the two of them alone would hear, eyes boring into the younger soul and enunciating every word. "Warrior knows his strength, his skill, is only as good as man facing him. Warrior knows humble. That way, warrior always try to be better, every day..."

Hesitantly, he let the human go, bit by bit, until he was sure Kisetukai could stand on wobbling feet on his own accord. Razkar stepped back and gave another short nod. To his further approval, the human actually managed a shadow of the same.

Razkar smiled. This time it touched his eyes, and while there wasn't much softness in those lips, there was no malice, either.

"If want to know more, I teach. Maybe for price." His eyebrows shot up and he turned to the crowd. "Speak of that..." His voice rose, quickly finding Gerard already handing out winnings and browbeating arguing spectators brandishing IOUs. "Human?! Sixty gold, yes?!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Gerard fumbled in his short sack and despite the proximity of the punters, no-one nudged him or tried to chance a thieving hand into the clinking bag. Razkar narrowed his eyes slightly. They fear him... interesting... "There ya go!"

The bag was thrown back down, substantially heavier, and Razkar caught it deftly, but the shock ran through his arm to the cuts on his shoulders, four ragged gouges where that bastard gauntlet had caught him. Ah, well. What's a fight without a few new scars?

Business concluded, Razkar turned to the human female, already walking over to his harness as he spoke.

"Now that is done," he said, fitting the metal-heavy leather over his shoulders, snapping on buttons and belt buckles, "We can do spar like you said. Steel on steel. It will be... good... to..."

Even as he spoke the Myrian frowned deeper. Something... yes... something that had been gnawing at the edge of his consciousness since the fight began. Different than the vibrations from the sands rich with dozens, hundreds of past fights. More specific than the roaring, borderline-bloodthirstiness of the crowd that had shouted above them. Something... personal...

His eyes moved in the direction his soul knew where to go, not his body, and Razkar found himself looking into the shadowy cowl of a still, watchful figure. He could not make out much, other than a sharp, chiseled chin and a harsh, firm mouth. He couldn't even really make out eyes, but...

But when he looked up, his Gnosis throbbed anew, as if in... recognition?

"Another marked by the Goddess-Queen...?"

Their eyes met, or they seemed to. A barely imperceptible nod from the hooded figure, a greeting and a confirmation, it seemed. Razkar nodded back, and saluted with one fist over his chest, as warriors did.

Interesting...

With an effort he dragged his eyes back down to the female, the one so hesitant before with her steel and now practically trembling. Razkar gave her an easy smile (not impossible to do if you're a Myrian; you just have to practice) and patted his blades, still in their sheaths.

"Not have to worry, mistress. Not be like it was with male. That was... something else." Punishment? Business? Pleasure? All three? "This is teach. I know teach, and you... would you like to be taught?"

The four of them waited for a reply. Kaie, standing to one side, waiting for her fellow Child of Myri to conclude his sacred business of battle. Kisetukai, battered and certainly bowed, but with enough sense and will to perhaps heed those words, and wait for his body to begin the painful lurch to a healer. Sigrun, pale and hesitant, but, as Razkar saw, not backing down...

And Razkar himself. Bloodied but breathing steadily again, at home on the scarlet-spattered sand and his hands tapping a merry tattoo on the rune-covered bones that were his hilts.

Smiling. Waiting. In no hurry.

Above it all, Gerard rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders, gesturing down.

"Any bets for these two?"

Oddly enough, there were none.

Reciept:Gambling Proceeds: 40gm.0sm.0cm

OOC:Phew! Wow, OK, that was a lot to bang out in one session, but I'm glad I did! Kise, you did good, dude, and I liked the final post. Very gracious and realistic. Just be careful you don't ramble too much when you get introspective like that, you can kind of derail the thread a little, wandering into other places and taking a while to wander back. Eri, Kaie, I'd love to see your replies, but I'll be finishing up with Sigrun, as Raz said he would, before anything else... unless we have another change. Which is always possible. ;)
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sigrun Dominic on May 17th, 2013, 9:57 am

"You will see.”

The words echoed in the young blonde’s head as she stood before Kise with her blade brandished, with each syllable swimming along the rush of adrenaline, fueling and intensifying it. The warrior introduced himself as Razkar, Razkar of the Shorn Skulls, and that name alone sent shivers down the girl’s spine. Before she could put her raging emotions to good use, however, she felt herself be firmly pushed aside by the actions of another.

“Stay out of the way, mistress.”

Mistress?” she thought incredulously, raising an eyebrow at the tattoed warrior, but found that he was too busy initiating an attack on Kise. She allowed him full access to their opponent, however, and raised her hands up as she backed away with a wry smile.

No one has ever called me that before,” she commented softly. The crowd cheered louder, with some of them turning over to her and laughing.

“What’s the matter honey?” one of them called out, “can’t handle rejection?”

She shrugged, grinning, taking the occurrence in stride as she slowly backed into the wall and leaned there, watching the battle ensuing.

Well, I can’t say it’s ever happened to me before!” she responded smugly with a shout. The man laughed and shot her a wink.

She deadpanned at the sight of Razkar’s movements, as if every portion of his body was involved in the deliverance of every kick and blow. She watched him maneuver himself around, noticing that for every offensive blow, there seemed to be a defensive counterpart.

Her eyes twinkled with delight, mouth growing into an excited grin at how successful Razkar was at blocking Kise’s hits. She chuckled then when the latter missed a punch. It was all happening so quickly that she found it difficult to absorb every jab.

She gasped when Kise managed to hit Razkar.

No!” she shouted out, her voice drowned out by the crowd’s own screams of disapproval. They didn’t want the loud-mouthed squire to win either.

But the warrior recovered. In fact, he did more than recover. Sigrun leapt from her place and moved forward to watch the man as he jumped over towards the wall, using it as a leverage to introduce a flying kick to the squire’s head.

Yeah!” she screamed, as the warrior’s foot made contact with Kise’s face, “that’s right!

She examined Kise’s arched back and snickered. “That’s going to be incredibly sore in the morning.

Kise recovered, however surprisingly, and attempted a right hook, seemingly aiming at Razkar’s shoulder. Sigrun yelped at the sight of the squire’s gloved hand crashing into the warrior’s ribcage instead. Wrong calculations, that is definitely nowhere near the shoulders.

But the crowd wasn’t about to switch sides, no. The majority of them continued to yell for Razkar, for the man of the Shorn Skulls, as if their lives depended on them. Sigrun paused for a moment to admire the strange beauty of an audience that seemed to yell with one voice, and not multiple ones haphazardly melded together. But she knew, this wasn’t all about the money, this wasn’t all because of a large bet and the thrill of having an outsider, this was also about sending a message.

Commoners aren’t pieces of shyke. Not even close.

Not even close,” she mumbled with an excited grin as she watched Razkar dodge another blow successfully. The shivers of excitement overcame her entire body now, and she was certain that by the time this was over, she would be too tired to battle Razkar next. Cheering is tiring.

She watched Razkar circle Kise like a vicious predator, the glint in his eyes revealing nothing but the satisfaction of having his thirst for battle be quenched by a stubborn opponent. Her own smile faltered at the sight of his grin, his jagged teeth looking just as sharp as the cutlass in her hand.

Petching shyke,” she mouthed, gulping, “I hope he doesn’t bite.

From this angle, she couldn’t see Kise’s face, nor his expression. She was sure, however, that the squire was positively furious. As she was, currently, but for entirely different reasons.

"Not bad. But can do better? I hope so-"

She had no time to think about what was going on inside the minds of these two duellers. She watched with bated breath as the battle resumed, with Razkar initiating it once again. But Kise was quick to retaliate, and while that might’ve been beneficial on his part, the warrior was able to dodge his jabs and hooks with ease.

Razkar used this opportunity to aim his right foot at the squire’s bare stomach, coupling the move with a hook that Sigrun doubted would miss.

It didn’t.

The blow looked positively devastating, and rightfully so as it produced a flurry of blood coming from the squire’s face. Sigrun stared at him blankly as he teetered off to the side and lost himself.

But he recovered. Sigrun sighed with frustration. “Just give it up already,” she wanted to shout, but settled with a soft growl. The crowd, however, had no shame.

“Be done with it already!” some of them screamed, “finish him!”

Kise’s movements held the hints of lethargy, as if he had now been submerged in water and needed to combat the currents in order to move forward.

"FOR MYRI!"

Sigrun jumped at the warrior’s bellow, watching him as he faced the crowd, and noticed one of them standing out. She looked quite a lot like him in terms of the way she dressed, and even her skin color. The young blonde made a mental note to figure out what exactly these people were. She quickly looked away and maintained her focus on the battle, however, in fear that the other female would take her staring as an insult or a threat.

Kise managed a blow upon the warrior, although thankfully the rest had missed, but once his botched attempts to bring his opponent to the ground failed miserably, he found himself, or rather, his back, under the mercy (or lack thereof) of Razkar’s bony elbow.

One. Two. Three hits to the back, possibly right at the center of the dark-skinned man’s spine. Sigrun winced, suddenly fearful of her battle with the warrior.

Three. A crack was heard. Sigrun gasped.

Definitely a fracture of sorts. If anything worse than that, the squire could become paraplegic. Sigrun watched as the warrior pitilessly applied more hits to Kise’s bruised body, until he ultimately sent the young man flying over to the wall. The crowd went wild.

Sigrun screamed with them, jumping up and down with her hands in the air, her cutlass still in hand. The people yelled mocks and insults at the squire, but it all dissolved into a grueling, incomprehensible mass of pure noise. It didn’t matter. Kise lost, Razkar won.

Once she could feel her throat begging for a break, she stopped and gathered herself together, trying her best to slow down her breath as she turned over to Razkar with a delighted grin. The warrior however, was making his way over to Kise, helping him up and saying things she couldn't hear.

She furrowed her brows in confusion. He was helping him?

It was then that humanity returned to her. She felt pity and guilt surge into her heart, starting a fire in her lungs. Sighing heavily, she turned towards the audience and frowned slightly, no longer seeing the beauty in its oneness.

Razkar then approached her mid-contemplation, his smile a surprising comfort.

"Not have to worry, mistress. Not be like it was with male. That was... something else."

She nodded. "Something else, indeed."

"Thank you, so much for it," she added with a mumble. He'd called her mistress again, an honorific that she found unsuitable of her, and yet she simply dismissed it as a part of their culture. It didn't sound bad anyway.

"This is teach. I know teach, and you... would you like to be taught?"

Her eyes widened, twinkling with anticipation. "Yes, p-please. I'd love to."

She was calm now, breathing normally, although her heart was racing just a little bit faster than usual. She eyed Razkar carefully, but saw no ill intent in the warrior's eyes or smile. He gained the majority of her trust in just one simple look and one kind gesture.

"Any bets for these two?"

There were none, as expected. Sigrun smirked, laughing through short exhaled breaths through her nostrils. She gazed over at the ground and then back at Razkar. She gripped her blade tighter, firmer, but suddenly felt like she was holding a toy, not a weapon.

"So how do we start this?"

OOCI've never wrote a sparring thread before so bear with me, please! But I'll try to keep it as direct, short, and simple as you advised Kise, Raz. :) Here we go.
"Common."
"Fratava."

Will be responding slowly at times due to the the demands of university.
Sigrun Dominic
Difficult to digest.

Words: 208302
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2013, 4:24 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on May 17th, 2013, 8:35 pm

"So how do we start this?"

"Well, first..." Razkar said after a few moments, studying her ornate and sharpened cutlass, then remembering his own honed blade, "We practice. So, we use practice weapons."

He turned to the crowd, which was really more of a clutch now. Most of the others had wandered off, knowing the best show of the day was over and they might as well come back later. A few others were sticking behind, though, too bored or too curious to leave quite yet. Gerard was on one of them, and while Razkar felt a tiny prickle to his pride that their were less eyes on him now... the more rational part of his mind smiled.

But they'll be telling the story, won't they? A Myrian that hammered some cocky boxing kid into the ground... someone associated with the Knights, if you're lucky. They'll even be able to give the Myrian a name, and in a few days, half the sellswords and the people who hire them will know it.

"You have cutlass and gladius?"

"Of course."

"Can have, please?"

It felt odd tacking on that last word, but he saw no reason to be a shyke when he didn't have to, and besides, the barbarians reacted well when you aped their strange mannerisms. Gerard paused only for a moment, vanishing above him, footsteps leaving... then returning... tossing down to swords into the pit.

One short and straight, the other longer and slightly curved. Razkar reached down and picked up the gladius. Metal, true, but so blunt that he'd have to saw, and saw for a while, to draw any blood. The cutlass was much the same, and careful eyes studied it briefly.

Long reach. Good curve for slicing through the air. Ah, and look? A... basket hilt, isn't that what they call it? Protect the hand and give you a nasty lump if she punched you with it...

"Thank you!"

A muffled "welcome" came from above and Gerard had apparently lost interest, too, walking over to another pit. Now much more alone than before, Razkar turned to Sigrun and tossed her the training cutlass, shrugging.

"I know, is not same as you own sword, but trust me, it will be good to use. We will hit. Not good to hit with real sword."

He smiled again as she took up her blade and he took up his own. Felt the weight of it for a few moments and swiped at the air in a quick figure of eight pattern, then pulled back his arm close, thrust out-

-four times, one after the other, arm a metal-tipped blur. Crotch, stomach, heart, throat. Clean, deep wounds each time.

Not the best, but it will do.

"Now..."

Sigrun looked up as the Myrian's voice dropped an octave, seriousness creeping into it. Kisetukai and the other female, who looked Myrian to her eyes, despite having much more of a gloss of civilization about her than the savage standing before her, were both standing well out of the way. Razkar's eyes were fixed on her... and he slid into combat stand.

Body perpendicular to hers, left hand raised slightly, legs bent, right arm cocked back almost at his ear, gladius steady... waiting...

"We start with you defense. I not go to fast, you say... rusty. So, I not be too sharp, yes?"

A lightning-fast smile and then he was moving, sliding across the sand and swinging his gladius horizontally at her side. She doesn't freeze, parry coming sharp and smooth, evidently after much practice-

-curved blade twisting down in a half-circle to bar his blade, knock it to one side-

-and as the impact of metal on metal rippled down both their arms, his other hand was already moving, a sharp jab to her jaw-

-that stopped just before it, close enough for her to see the callused knuckles, and then withdrew.

"First lesson," Razkar said as he stepped back, the two of them circling now, "Things male human did not learn. All are weapons. Arms and legs. Hand with sword and hand without sword. Everything can hit. So use everything... and expect enemy to use."

He waited for her nod and then came on again, gladius exploding toward the middle of her torso in a sharp thrust.

OOCWelcome to your first sparring thread, ha! As you can see, I do go a little further than my own recognizance as far as training goes, since I do mod one or two of your own actions. However, this is in the interest of honing your own abilities, never moves outside of your own skill level and, of course, doesn't damage you... not yet, anyway. Like I said before, keep it short and simple but detailed. The key to combat, I find, is keeping it plausible (based on your skill level) and comprehensive enough to be easily followed, but balance that with writing it in an interesting a fluid fashion. OK, now THAT mass of text is out the way, bring it awn!
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext