Location Welcome Center and Employment Office

Looking for a steady income job? Apply here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

Postby Favik on June 4th, 2013, 7:25 pm

1st of Summer, 513 AV
Employment Office

Favik stayed in her seat next to the older woman, chatting playfully with her telling her of hunting adventures in the city. The enthusiasm of the feline was catchy and the older woman was soon laughing.

When her name was called though, she jumped up after a wave to the woman and darted up to the desk. She beamed at the label of hunter. She liked that. But her smiled faded a little when the woman mentioned selling them at the market. Really now, why didn't humans like mice? Sure, there wasn't a lot of meat, but there were a lot of mice and rats! Hunt enough and sure! You'd have a large enough meal! "So... There's not an actual like... Pest control place right now? How much would I be making? Would I only be able to get miza if I sold stuff at the market?" Her brows scrunched together. Silly humans and their aversion to eating mice.

"So would I just go to the stall owners and offer to clear the mice out? What if they don't want to pay me?" She was growing worried now, she'd been looking forward to this, having pictured in her head hunting mice all day and collecting them, then bringing her stash to someone to show her days work, receive miza then go gorge herself on her meal.
Always Open for Threading
Alternate Account: Ki'toka A young Konti studying to be a healer at the Opal Temple in Mura.
Favik
Wait, your leg isn't a scratching post?

Words: 29192
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 7:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 5th, 2013, 12:06 am

Isolde wandered into the Office. After a quick, timid glance around at the number of people already establishing employment, the Nuit hurriedly grabbed a sheet of paper from the table by the door, and walked a ways away from the others --not wanting to invade their personal space-- to fill out her form. It took her about a chime to fish a piece of sharpened drawing charcoal from her pocket, and then she set to carefully filling out the paper, handwriting a bit slanted and rusty from disuse.

Name: Isolde Seibold.
Race: Nuit. ((The writing here was light and a little messier than the rest, as if she had been unwilling to write the word down.))
Relevant Skills: Can read and write, perform calculations or other mathematics, have studied and performed minor magics.
Preferred Employment: Librarian/bookkeeper, scribe, clerk, secretary, or other similar assignment.
Expected Stay In Syliras: Indefinite, likely for at least a season or two.

After the Nuit filled out the paper, she made her way to the front desk, glancing up at the woman there and slipping the sheet onto the desk so that she might see it. Then the young-seeming woman simply took a couple steps back and stood a bit to the side, so as not to be in anyone else's way, and waited unobtrusively to be reviewed and addressed, fidgeting a little where she stood, not really knowing if there was a business that she could fit into.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Lyrri Snowsong on June 6th, 2013, 3:48 am

Lyrri couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. "Thank you, madam! I very much appreciate it!" Eyes violet in her enthusiasm, the bard hurriedly grabbed the parchment and saw her way out.
Send me a message if you'd like to thread together sometime! School's coming back, along with some nasty projects due, but I'll do my best to keep up, alright?
Lyrri Snowsong
Player

Words: 46750
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Reine Darlyeo on June 8th, 2013, 7:13 am

Nervously, Reine winded down the hubbub and the crowd of Syliras. She was heading down towards the Employment Office. She had known of its existence for years but until now, she did not have a reason to visit it. It was not like she needed a job. But this had changed when Delvor had told her to go out and find herself some work. She had asked if he was joking and he simply said that he was not. He said that it would look odd that see lived a relatively healthy life, yet she had no job at all.

And here she was already, inside the three-story building, weighing what job she should apply for. Reine smiled at the old woman and took one the forms that had been stacked neatly on the table. Quickly, she filled all the requirements.

Name: Reine Darlyeo
Race: Human, Benshira
Relevant Skills: Dance, Acrobatics
Preferred Employment: Dancer
Expected Stay In Syliras: Can't really say. Will be traveling back and forth to Syliras but definitely for the season.

"Hello there, I'm Reine. As you can tell I was hoping that I could get a job here in Syliras.:"

Signature by Nakuli
Reine Darlyeo
Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts

Words: 26488
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2013, 9:55 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Accolade on June 8th, 2013, 7:44 pm

Favik

"You would make the basic amount for a hunter I suppose. Oh no, the selling in the market is only for extra. You'll do fine with ..what it is that you do."

Isolade Seibold

Trega stared at the next sheet and took a moment to figure out the race. Odd that the writing didn't match the rest, but she thought little of it. "Hello there so you seek work as an Librarian/bookkeeper, or scribe? You should look into work at The Undeniable Interests or Qayala's Quill."

Reine Darlyeo

Trega called for the next woman and smiled as she approached and the patron looked over her sheet. "I think you would do well working at the Heralds Arms."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 9th, 2013, 3:59 am

The Nuit watched, biting her lip when the woman peered hard at her paper... and then breathed out a sigh of relief when she simply recommended two businesses that might be interested. Smiling for once, Isolde bobbed her head at the woman, and mumbled out a grateful, "Th-Thank you, ma'am," before turning and making her way back out onto the street.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Nakuli on June 10th, 2013, 7:58 am

The doors to the Employment office swung open to the sight of a young female. She lowered the hood of her cloak to the lighting of the room, fierce red dreadlocks falling to her waist and hugged her shape. The air was cooler in here, to Nakuli's liking. Walking around in the heat was pushing a headache.

With a small strut to the front desk, Kuli gave a wink and a nod to the woman behind the desk and plucked a sheet of paper from pile. Seats where not an issue. The female plopped into a random seat in the middle, pulling out a small fine brush from behind her ear and a tiny container of black paint out of her satchel. Calligraphy was beautiful art, but the dread head wasn't a professional at it. More so a fine hobby to pratice in, she preferred the paintbrush over any charcoal.

Name: Nakuli Audeylae
Relevant Skills: Any percussion or wind instrument (prefferably the piccolo), dance, storytelling
Preferred Employment: Entertainer. I'm a bard by trade, it's a lovely feeling to welcome company with music, stories and thrills.
Expected Stay In Syliras: Can't be too positive. If things work well here I'll possibly stay for a few seasons.

Her own excitement was giving her the shakes. A fanged grin puckered to her lips as she rose out of her seat, copper eyes flashing back to the woman behind the desk and set the sheet on top of the filed papers. "I hope all is well with you today," The kelvic's eyes smiled with the tone of her words. The job will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Nakuli on June 13th, 2013, 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nakuli
Player

Words: 13613
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2013, 10:01 am
Character sheet

Postby Favik on June 11th, 2013, 1:19 am

1st of Summer, 513 AV
Employment Office

The smile returned to Favik's face as the woman reassured her of the pay she would be getting. Saying a quick thank you, she gave the older woman who was still sitting in her seat a quick wave then darted out of the employment office with a skip to her step. She couldn't wait until she told Laura, her mother would be so happy! Ok, well... Not as happy as Favik. Laura didn't think hunting mice and rats was a good job for her daughter in all honesty. Shrugging, the feline quickened her pace through the streets, heading toward the bath house so she could tell Laura the good news!

Job Acquired :
Hunter: 5gm
Always Open for Threading
Alternate Account: Ki'toka A young Konti studying to be a healer at the Opal Temple in Mura.
Favik
Wait, your leg isn't a scratching post?

Words: 29192
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 7:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rhuryc on June 12th, 2013, 12:32 am

Summer 3, 513 AV

Rhuryc wobbled. Not physically. He was statue to any that looked, perfectly content to remain still until the line moved on. The wobbling was mental. His mind teetered from one subject to the next, incapable of any sort of focus. It was a common affliction as of late, and the awkward progression of his presence in the Employment Office made it no better. He had spent his entire apprenticeship in the Ironworks and now he was applying for what? A fellowship as a journeyman? Maybe as an Armorer's apprentice. Horseshoes got old.

He shifted his gaze to the front of the line. Where was the next patron? Was that him? He felt himself wobble again. How strange.

Name: Rhuryc Naravane
Race: Human (Generic)
Relevant Skills: Blacksmithing (39), Armorer (6)
Preferred Employment: Blacksmith or Armorer, or both!
Expected Stay In Syliras: Indefinite
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vladimir Beatrice on June 13th, 2013, 8:00 am

The Doctor is In

Vladimir was waiting to be seen in the employment centre. There was only one person who was ahead of him, and he looked as if he was talking up a storm. Vladimir sat patiently next to a brown haired woman with her son, who looked as if he was picking his scabs. With a grin on his face, he faced the small child, looking his head towards him.

“Keh heh heh. Little boy, I think you should stop picking at your dried up blood. If you got you’ll bleed and all of the poison in the air will crawl in your blood and turn it white and green. Keh heh heh. I don’t think you want that… or do you…? Keh heh heh.” Vladimir said placing his long black finger nails just under lips.

The boy looked somewhat shaken and clung on to his mother. The mother looked at Vladimir and gave him a look of disgust, standing up and walked away from him. A voice, that sounded distinctly female, called for the next person. Vladimir turned his head towards the voice and rose from his seat, making his way to the person.

Vladimir was met with a woman who looked as if was experienced in life than him. Vladimir have a small chuckle and began his interview.

“Greetings to you. I’m Vladimir, Vadimir Beatrice. I came here for a purpose in this life, a job. I have knowledge of a medical nature and am willing to give my services to the ill and… uh… ‘Unfortunates’ ones. Keh heh heh” Vladimir said as he steeple his hands.

Name: Vladimir Beatrice
Relevant Skills:
Medicine 25/100 Novice
Poison 10/100 Novice
Herbalism 10/100 Novice
Botany 10/100 Novice
Philtering 10/100 Novice

Preferred Employment: Doctor
Expected Stay In Syliras: Resident?
Common - Thoughts - Maddness - Kontinese - Vani

NOTE TO EVERYONE!
I'm on temporary Hiatus due to final exams on there way. however, i will come on every now and then to answer posts and such. Sorry everyone
Vladimir Beatrice
The Lunatic Doctor

Words: 27178
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2013, 6:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext