[Project] Mizahar on Tvtropes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 27th, 2013, 1:12 am

Alright, I figured I would do some of the odder ones, particularly vague magic related ones.

---

AI Is A Crapshoot

Now, while this can refer to Animated Creations in general, due to there propensity to not do as intended, or to go crazy if you are not careful with directives, this is especially true with Drainira.

---

Here are some ones to do with Familiary.

Though I will note I am unsure if we match the Familiar trope, as ours are not master and servant, more like partners. If anything, it is possible for ours to have the familiar take over control which seems at odds.

Psychic Link
Animal Eye Spy(Note, this also applies to the Tatani gnosis)
Cant Live Without You
Bond Creature
Mental Fusion -I would say this applies to the Released Form.

---
Super Empowering

Two for one here, I would say this applies to both Gnosis for variant 1, and Nuit for variant 4, for how they can make new nuits.

---

Here are a few I find in common with Ethaefal at various stages.

Ascend To A Higher Plane Of Existence
God In Human Form
Identity Amnesia
Broken Angel

---

Some gods certainly fall here, namely Sagallius and Myri.

Deity Of Human Origin

---
Pieces Of God

This one has several examples, since all of the current Gods are fragments of Tawannen. And also when a God dies it can further fragment, like the Windoak.

---

Gods Need Prayer Badly

This one applies to all deities, not counting the rank one Gods.

---

Exact Words

This one I think mainly relates to a Grand Oath. Though I think it also to a lesser extent relates to the directives given to animated golem. More so at higher levels, when you need to be really careful.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Razkar on July 28th, 2013, 4:31 am

Big Bad: Rhysol... kinda obviously. The earth-shattering and civilization-ending Valterrian was largely his doing and every act of evil and maliciousness in Mizahar either gives him strength or is inspired by him. Should he and the Black Sun ever gain a clear advantage... well, it wouldn't be pretty.

The Dragon: Rhysol has one in the form of The Voice. Essentially his highest representative in the mortal world, s/he is halfway a god thanks to Rhysol's gifts and is the leader of his world-spanning cult, Black Sun.

Master Swordsman: Several Player Characters definitely qualify, but the crowning examples have to be:
  • Myri, Goddess of War, who slew the previous god of war, Ruros, in single combat, while still mortal.
  • Uphis, son of Ruros, who can turn anything with an edge into a weapon worthy of the gods. Like Myri, his exact weapon skill points are unknown, but we're guessing they're probably beyond what a mortal player could attain.
  • Lucius Antinous, highest-ranking Weaponsmaster of the Syliran Knights and probably the deadliest human swordsman in the setting. His mastery of the sword makes him lethal; his genius as a tactician make him practically invincible.

Mega Neko: Myrian Tigers, full stop.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Razkar on July 31st, 2013, 2:11 am

The Paladin: What all Knights aspire to be. Steadfast, noble, heroic and adored by all. However, given the setting...

Knight Templar: ... they're forced to become a lot more ruthlessly pragmatic when it comes to upholding these ideals. They're actually quite a smart Deconstruction: they are noble, and heroic, and good-intentioned.. but only regarding their own people. As this article brilliantly depicts, Syliras is, ultimately, a "vicious military dictatorship" which is still preferable to the monster- and bandit-infested wasteland outside the walls.

Crapsack World: Simply put, as varied and wonderful as Mizahar is, it is often a horrible place to live. Imagine Westros crossed with Mad Max, and you're halfway there...

Wretched Hive: Mos Eisley has freakin' nothing on Sunberth. Completely absent of all government save mob rule, crime syndicates parcel up the city and squeeze the citizens dry, frequently massacring scores of them... just 'cause, apparently, and you run a very good risk of being stabbed to death in the middle of a crowd... and no-one will help you. It's like Social Darwinism met Tortuga and went Medieval...
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on August 1st, 2013, 1:46 am

Combat Pragmatist: The vast majority of the players, interestingly enough, probably because they're looking at a Medieval setting through modern eyes that draw the conclusion, "Honorable combat that could get me killed?! Petch that!".
Raptor Attack: Glassbeaks all over, and to the tenth power. Eight-feet-tall flightless predators that resemble pinkish-red ostriches crossed with Komodo Dragons, they can run up to 60mph and rip apart a Drykas hunting party by themselves, but that won't be an issue... because they always travel in packs. The apex predator of the Sea of Grass, without exception, but the argument could be made that a full pack of them could be this for all of Mizahar.

Squishy Wizard: Played straight with the majority of heavy magic users in the setting (though in fairness, there's only so many threads you can write in X amount of time, and if magic's your thing, that's what you'll write about). However, it often results in characters that are nearly god-like in their djed abilities, but helpless as hamsters when it comes to physical combat. To give you both ends of the spectrum:
  • Played straight with Clyde Sullins, whose Reimancy abilities basically give him flamethrowers, fire hoses, hurricane machines and earthquake generators attached to his hands... but is barely into double digits in combat skills.
  • Averted with Wrenmae, who is a master djed-wielder in multiple disciplines but is just as capable with blades up close, too.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on August 3rd, 2013, 10:07 pm

After The End: What the world of Mizahar effectively is, or was up until about a century before the current date. The two great empires that defined the world were utterly fractured by a cataclysmic event (Y'see that big, broad Suvan Sea? Yeah. That's a crater.) and it took hundreds of years for any semblance of civilization to return, in the form of stable settlements like Zeltiva, Syliras, Wind Reach and Riverfall. We don't have much insight into what the world was like in the couple of centuries directly after the Valterrian, but "nightmarish hopelessness" would probably be an accurate description.

Lightning Bruiser: Ximal, the "Fists of Nykas", has plenty of speed to go along with his Mastery of Unarmed Combat, despite his height and bulk. Mastery of Flux helps, as well, though this is more useful with...

Megaton Punch: Another speciality of Ximal, when he wishes it (most of his moves are powerful and/or debilitating enough without Flux backing them up). His Mastery of Flux is now at the extent where he can break boulders and punch through people. However, this is balanced by the fact that doing so would probably break every bone in the arm he's using.

Our Orcs Are Different: A good case could be made for the Yukmen. A species of humanoid Landspawn that boils out of the ground in packs and hordes, they're sentient but in no way creatively intelligent. Usually they're textbook Always Chaotic Evil, rampaging around destroying and killin everything them can unless they're killed in turn. However, something of a subversion as they can be tamed and made into surprisingly competent servants and even guards.

Vitriolic Best Buds: The "best" part is a bit of an exaggeration, but this kinda applies to Razkar and Kreig, especially here. They snark and bitch and bait each other constantly, but it's clear they have a grudging respect for each other. The fact that Kreig can needle Razkar constantly without losing most of his teeth is a big indicator.

World Of Badass: Seriously, read through some of the Character Sheets and threads sometimes. Half the characters in Mizahar are certified and proven badasses just for surviving it, and the other half either have the capacity to be one or do even better on their wits.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Quint Caravel on November 9th, 2013, 8:19 am

Let me know if you guys need help porting this stuff; my TVtropes account is active.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2