[Spirit/Abstract's Scrapbook]Musings of a muser...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Abstract on July 5th, 2013, 11:42 am

Sooo I've mentioned this a few times on chat, and have posted a pre-notice here already, but this is just double checking.

Today I'm going on holiday... for a while. We're heading to England for a family reunion, and as I'm expected to socialize, and we're staying in a cottage... I don't know how much internet access I'm going to have. I THINK I might have an hour a day on an ipad, but I'm not sure...

So I get back from that lateish July, but three days after that... I go away to camp for a week. Camp = no internet, no electronics. So no Miz, period. Which is kinda the idea, I guess...

I get back from that August 10th, and am basically free until school starts... where I hope to still be free... So expect to see me back on full-time by then! I'm really sorry for the inconvenience though... :(
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Radiant on July 5th, 2013, 12:55 pm

I hope you have a wonderful time with your family, Abs! :D

And also, good luck on your camp. ;) We will be waiting for your return! (Alright... I'm not sure on who 'we' stands for... :paranoid: )
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on July 5th, 2013, 2:47 pm

I'll join your definition of 'we' Radiant!

So I googled some sword art online images (had never heard of the series until your scrapbook) and found this image to illustrate Radiant and I giving you a hug goodbye. I errr, hope you're fond of these characters. >.>

Have an awesome time Spirit! And don't worry about us. Mizahar will be here when you get back. Plus you'll have that whole "distance makes the heart grow fonder" thing going for you too. :nod:

And before I get to my last bit of mushiness, I feel compelled to say... use what little time you have on the internet to do what YOU want to do. You're a volunteer on this site and I'm sure all your fellow moderators will understand the need for vacation. However, a needy and naive player may not have such notions. SO! If someone is bugging you during your free hour for grading or moderation or whatever, just politely tell them "Sorry. I'm on vacation. No mod stuff is going on till I officially get back on August 10th." *nod* Then again you may love that stuff, so have at it if you do. :P

I'll definitely miss you, but knowing that you will be with family and friends makes me feel at least a little bit better. I hope you stay safe and happy throughout your travels. <3

I'll be expecting one of these upon your return. :D
Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on July 9th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Hey guys! This is sorta a mini update on my holiday, feel free not to read it.... And help me murder this iPad... I can't write with it>.>

Anyways, let's start with the plane.... It was overnight, and not too bad especially because for some reason.... I had an entire row of three seats to myself! It was quite funny, really. Sadly, I only slept an hour or so, because the plane people thought it was a good idea to turn the lights off at midnight... Then wake us up at one, so we could eat breakfast before we landed two hours later. Smaaaart.

We got there, and after meeting up with my family, we took another short plane to jersey island... Its amazing there, actually... Tiny island, with beaches all around... And it's practically the mediteranian... In the channel! We all found it very cool....

We went to the zoo the next day... Beautiful, but the best thing was... The most amazing zoo food I'd ever seen. It was reeaaally good.... Day after we stayed at a beach the entire time.... But I have to say today's was the best...

We went to a much quieter beach, with some good hiking. We wanted our way across the cliffs, beautiful scenery all round, for about half an hour... Then we found ourselves a ruin. Just the gate part of a. Small destroyed castle.... Excellent for climbing around... Even straight up the walls! Now, I'm really one for climbing, so my cousins and I entertained ourselves for another little while...

We headed back to the beach, which turned out to be pretty cool. It was low tide, luckily, but there was quite a lot of rocky bits sticking out of the sand. And behind them... Tide pools. Big ones, and deep, that you could swim around in. It was really pretty and fun there...

This probably bored you, me fawning over the holiday so far.. But eh. I might occasionally post here, and I will answer to PMs every few days or something, but other than that... We're pretty busy, so I won't be doing much. :)

Oh, and thanks rad and dream!
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Savio on July 14th, 2013, 7:14 am

Gah! Thanks Abstract for making us normal people jealous! Lol!

I hope you continue to have lots of fun though!
"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Abstract on July 25th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Heh, thanks Sav!

Soo I'm back from England... finally... but I'm still going to camp in a few days. I want to answer all my posts/grade stuff though, so here.... list....

Responses

L - Anything Syka
S-Jesslyn's
S - Ruby's
A - Employment
L - Eida's

L - Brodon's (After Delani)

Grade

Other

Develop Tree
Develop Stables
Develop Kenash NPCs (O)
Make Jess boxes
Make Lullaby box

Solos

S - Again (O)
S - Again 2 (O)
N - Suvai thread (O)
N - Job thread 1
N - Job thread 2
Last edited by Abstract on July 27th, 2013, 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Lullaby on July 27th, 2013, 1:33 am

Abstract!! Love love love the box code, so adorable!!!! I will request a bazillion from you in the future, since your photos ones are so completely to be jealous of. *snuggles* Thank you so much! I shall add it into my posting templates when I am back onto my computer! Whee! :D

Have lots of fun at camp, m'dear!

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Office

Postby Abstract on July 27th, 2013, 1:46 am

Heh, thanks! I'm still amazed at it, personally.

Anyways, talking about camp, apparently I'm staying another one or two nights at a cottage afterwards... so I'm moving the 'back' date till the 12th. Sorry!
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Jupiter on July 28th, 2013, 1:55 am

So, I've poked around in your scrapbook and I must say, you sure have been busy this summer! I think that's pretty cool though. :) England must have been especially amazing
Jupiter
Let me help you

Words: 44855
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 8:14 pm
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Abstract on July 28th, 2013, 11:55 am

Hah, thanks Jupiter! Yea... It's been pretty fun in general... But anyways, I'm leaving for camp in two-ish hours sooo yea. See you in a while :)
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext