[Strange/Shane/Wisp's Scrapbook] May Contain Puns!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 15th, 2014, 5:08 pm

----> Gryffindor, hehe.

I love pottermore so much. I haven't been on in ages though, I really just wanted to get sorted and hope to JKR that I wouldn't get placed in hufflepuff. Although, I was a bit jealous if only because the other houses got a really awesome description and I don't think Gryffindor had one -- or not a very impressive one, at any rate.

But Merlin went to Slytherin, so there's that as well.

Rawr.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Strange on March 15th, 2014, 8:13 pm

I've got to admit I kind of thought I'd be more of a Ravenclaw or a Hufflepuff and I might have accepted Ravenclaw with a little less salt but I think I can live with Slytherin. In fact it's almost kind of flatterrig to be part of one of the big houses and I feel as if my two PCs would be Slytherins as well.

Also, Thomas, let us Duel at midnight. Bring your pistols.

duel :
"I'm such a Silverheart fangirl"
Strange
AS of Sahova

Words: 71649
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook

Postby Strange on March 17th, 2014, 11:57 am

Strange
AS of Sahova

Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on March 20th, 2014, 4:42 pm

It really really, really makes me sad to hear when a partner of mine has left the site for some reason or another. Especially when we were starting or in the middle of something very important to my character because in order to continue with that character I have to either A) ignore whatever happened or B) end it in a sort of rough kind of way that leaves my character just a touch broken.

Now I'm not sure if I'm allowed to call them out by name but this time when it happened that certain person was ten times more irresponsible than any regular kind of person that leaves. Said person was already uninvited from the site and was literally running about on borrowed time stealing all of our charecter's time too so not only am I sad that I know have to sort of tweak Shane I am also extremely steamed that a person would do this. Not just to me but several characters.

Sigh...

PS :
This pun is very long and not for children. Excessive use of profanity throughout.

Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on March 20th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Shane, I know who it is you speak of. I had an experience with this person on a previous account of his, even had a thread with them. Its rough and when they left then, a lot of people both mods and PC's were heavily affected by it. Some moved on, picked up the pieces and worked on new plots. Others... others let it get them down, for which I do not fault them in any way.

What I think you should do is move on, perhaps get whatever you can out of your plot. But the most important thing is that you don't let it get you down, and you don't let it discourage you from writing on Shane. I think he's a lovely PC, and no matter what happens this persons lies shouldn't ever harm his development.

Keep on writing! :)
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on March 20th, 2014, 10:06 pm

Shane,

I know how it feels too, being heavily affected by a similar pc, as it heavily impacted me when the person was removed. I couldn’t understand it at first but when everything made sense I found it a little difficult at first, but I couldn’t deny what was true when it was right there before me. Anna has it right when she says it a good idea to try and move on, because dwelling on this will only put you in a place even more difficult to get out of. For a while I had trouble getting back into the swing of writing, I couldn’t even manage a decent post again until later on after I officially moved passed it.

In terms of any plots you may have developed again Anna is on the spot, do what you can by picking up the pieces left. Though it may not be the same as the intended idea you can always try to come up with something different, maybe better, by just tweaking a few ideas around. In the event you may find your character is struggling it can also help for them to have closure, as Ricky needed to have to have it before I could actually work on writing again. It can definitely such when someone plans something or their character has a major impact on your own, but the best we can do is keep what we have left and further develop it.

I don’t want to keep ranting away when the message seems presently clear, but if you need a fellow writer who understands your situation, then you can look to me if you have need of a friend. Whether it’s through pm or some other form of communication, I’ll be here to lend an ear and help however I can. Just don’t give up and don’t stop writing mate, everything will get better in time.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Strange on March 22nd, 2014, 12:29 am

Thank you, Anna and Ricky. It means a lot to me to hear that other people have suffered this way before and I kind of feel almost rediculous for complaining about it since the impact on my character wasn't that big. It really means a lot to me though that you would take time to part with such encouraging words for me. So thank you. Really, thank you.

Secret :

A lot of people have been asking “Why puns?” recently on this site and in real life. Why? I'll tell you why!

Me: Y

See, I told you "Y"... That was probably the worst pun I ever made. Enjoy it. Anyhow I see a lot of jokes on the internet these days. Usually funny pictures with captions and the like etc and almost all of them work on that inherent principle of comedy that making fun of other people and/or their misfortunes is hillarious. Now most of these are pretty funny but I'm always acutely aware that someone might see this picture and rather than laugh feel angry or sad. This is not what comedy is about. Comedy brings laughter and joy into your life and for a split second allyour worries and cares don't matter to you.

Puns are pure though. Puns make fun of word meanings and I am yet to see a word take it personally. I mean how do you offend anyone with a pun? I mean you can make your puns about offensive material which I choose not to do but for the most part a pun is a quick, sharp titter at the expense of no-one. Awesome.

Secret :
Strange
AS of Sahova

Scrapbook

Postby Strange on March 27th, 2014, 2:59 am

Show endings suck. While there are a few notable exceptions the vast majority, in my opinion, dissapoint absolutely. Why? I ask myself that every time the screen fades to black. I guess it's something to do with the whole concept of a TV series. They run. Unlike a lot of movies the ending of a TV series isn't meant to be on the horizon of the beginning. Think about all the movies that start at the end... I think there may be one or two TV shows that have dne that possibly but I've never seen one before. The closest thing to that I've seen is a single season starting with a flashforward to the end.

To that end a movie is like running just one lap. You run, you gain momentum in the form of storyline and character development, but you stop after that one lap because it was always your intention. You even slow down toward the end in order to come to a full stop exactly whereyou intendd to stop. All loose ends are tied up and, if we're lucky, we'll even get closure. However a TV series is more like being asked to run until someone tells you to stop. You gain momentum and sometimes even more momentum than any movie could ever have but when the person says stop it is so hard to come to a complete stop that it's more like crashing than ending.

I don't know whether this is just a greed thing. I've seen plenty of movies that leave things open so they can get a sequal in there and a ton of movies that give complete closure but then have a sequal anyway that totally undoes all of that closure that you had. It could just be a 'we never wanted the show to end so we kept coming up with cool stuff and we just couldn't finish everything with the episodes we had left after we weren't renewed'. Frankly, though, this isn't even a plotline thing. A lot of shows simply don't tie up the characters either. They just leave the characters to 'get on with their lives' no different from when the show actually started. The worst endings, for me, are the ones where they simply fade-to-black. They defeat the big, bad evil and they're sitting about thinking about the consequences of it all and it fades to black. I wanna see the consequences. When they ask “What now?” I want to know what now. I really, really, really want to know that. Tieing in with that I also hate it when nothing has changed. Like the show could just go on completely normally. The big bad they defeated was just another run-of-the-mill sort of baddie and they probably live out the rest of their lives doing the exact same things off-screen that they've just done for the entire show. If you've got a big Hero, make them retire (or even die (Hero Sacrifice is a great way to end a show in my opinion)). If the whole purpose of the show was Hero A receiving this awesome power take it away or something. Is the premise of your show that the 'Gang' are stuck in an evil world. How about they escape or make the world good so they can live their happily.

I think Animes and Cartoons seem to do the concluding thing a touch better than western shows. I don't know if that's because they are descended from books. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood had a whole episode of conclusion. Avtatar, which is a western anime-style cartoon, did a fantastic job of it's conclusion. Maybe I am just a touch immature and love a good ole Happy Ending type thing. I don't even know where this rant went frankly so I hope you didn't take time out of something important to read this. If you've got any thoughts on TV Show Finale's I'd love to hear them. Any good show recommendations with great endings would also be 100% appreciated. I'd love to just watch something with a great ending.

PS :
Strange
AS of Sahova

Scrapbook

Postby Strange on March 30th, 2014, 10:29 pm

[indent]Tomorrow, when How I met Your Mother ends (or rather Tuesday by the time it's aired and I've downloaded it), will be the first time I have ever watched a show on a more or less weekly basis from the very start to the every end. All other shows I've ever finished have been watched after their original date and most of the shows I am watching on a week to week basis are still ongoing. I am really interested to see how that will effect my perception of the finale. I've spent so much of my time experiencing the highs and lows of each of the characters that they're almost tangible beings. Will the ending hit me with increased oomph because of that or will I experience just the average amount of feels for a season finale? I just really hope it's not utterly disappointing.

PS :

PPS Thank you to everybody who wished me a happy birthday yesterday. I couldn't respond yesterday due to the birthday festitivities but your well wishes were in my heart the entire day.

PPPS :
Strange
AS of Sahova

Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on May 6th, 2014, 11:46 am

Hey everybody,

Secret :

You might have noticed I kind of vanished these past few weeks. The reason being that despite the fact I am legally able to get married, drink and gamble (in the UK) I am still not to be trusted when it comes to studying according to my mother. She took my internet, my phone and (much to the laughter of my friends) grounded me. My exam was yesterday and hopefully all that studying is going to pay off.

But since my one and only exam is finally over that means I got my internet back and am back. So yey! I'm happy to finally get back to writing. I missed you guys and gals.

PS :

Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

PreviousNext