[Strange/Shane/Wisp's Scrapbook] May Contain Puns!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Mirage on May 6th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Welcome back strange, we missed you :)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 6th, 2014, 1:25 pm

Welcome back, Dr. Strange! :D

P.S: Mirage, oh that template is so... odd compared with your message. :lol:

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Mirage on May 6th, 2014, 1:40 pm

No... No its perfect. The meaning there is very well portrayed I think >.>
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Strange on May 8th, 2014, 1:54 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome back. Most of all that I missed was the awesome people here on site. And the lagool but that's just because he's a cutie.
"I'm such a Silverheart fangirl"
Strange
AS of Sahova

Words: 71649
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Scrapbook

Postby Edreina on May 8th, 2014, 7:29 pm

You're baaaaaack! -waves arms about- I missed your strangeness.
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shane Wallsly on May 14th, 2014, 9:27 pm

The Cold: Gotta Hate it

Secret :

You might have noticed I've been a bit out of it these last couple of days. I was smote, smitten or whichever the right word is with the cold. The cold is a really interesting illness for one simple reason in my opinion. I can still do everything that I can do regularly but I am constantly tired and my thinking capacity doesn't span longer than brief windows of clarity which I, selfishly, was using to work on my PC who, despite being here since Summer, only recently passed the literal IC 50 posts.

Secret :

So I've been really selfish with my time since about Friday onward which was the day after I got back (I think) so, in essence, my return to my modding duties has been a flop to say the least. With a whole months worth of creative ideas splurging around in my head only able to burst out in those odd moments of clarity between hacking up my lungs and sleeping in six hour bursts I just dove headfirst into Shane and ignored my moderaterly duties.

Secret :

Which got me to thinking about the whole affair. I'm kind of bad at this. I've always been bad with deadlines. I'm a slow and sporadic worker. The kind that works best on flexitime. You know I do a few hours here and a few hours there but the work gets done. Unfortunately in any kind of work that involves other people depending on you it just doesn't work.

If I were a Grader I'd probably have been fired by now mitigating circumstances or no. Mostly because I keep putting Grade Placeholders on things and although I remember reading that you're only meant to do so when you're actually grading but every time I work out with Mirage what I'm going to be grading or see an interesting thread I put a placeholder on it meaning to claim it so that Mirage, the only other grading person I know of in Sahova, doesn't start grading it. So, although I know one rule at crunch time it never occurs to me. I don't know if I have a memory defect or a subconscious rebellious streak. The funny thing about this rule though is that the only people who seem to tell me off for doing it are not Mirage (in fact the only people who tell me off for anything just happen to not be Mirage) but I need to be told off anyway so it doesn't matter so much the source.

I considered quitting earlier this week. An incident in Chat kind of opened my eyes to just how terrible a mod I really was. On two or three occasions I've had to amend my Grades because of embarrassing mistakes. I've left grades sitting for days and weeks at a time because I haven't got around to them or had to do them in parts (sometimes I wonder if Sahova was such a good choice for a new STer. Some of the biggest and meatiest threads I've ever seen take place here). Frankly, my work rate has been appalling to say the least but, for some reason, Mirage still has faith in me and that need to give back that I've had since I joined the site is still here. I feel as if any help no matter how slow, or small, is help. As long as I'm not hindering anything then I'm useful and I want to be useful. I might never be a DS or even as good as some of the high-flying AS out there but I am helping.

I don't know how you existing Storytellers took to the role. Maybe you were pros after just a week or maybe you had teething difficulties like me but I ask, of all of you Founder, RS, DS, AS, JrST, Chat Mod and player, to handle with care. I'm learning and adapting and trying my best to stop sucking so much (mostly at the grading, I've heard considerably less complaints about the developing).

PS :
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2

Postby Strange on May 16th, 2014, 11:41 am

Best Night Ever!

Last night, in Glasgow (the home of more Game of Thrones characters than you might expect such as Rob Stark and Jon Snow), Daniel Portman AKA Pod of House Payne was doing a charity bingo for Macmillan Cancer Support and it was awesome. I don't really know how other GoTs fans feel about Pod but he's one of my favourites and I got to meet him and, as you see above, take a selfie with him. I probably should have shaved. He's a really nice guy as well. After the Bingo we were just sitting chatting to him and we got a group photo with him as well (which I'll post up when I get a hold of the person who took it). I didn't win anything (one of my buddies won a signed GoT Season 1-3 boxset though) but I feel like the entire night was win enough. We hit their target of raising £1500 and had a lot of fun. I also made away with a few signed stills for a bargain.

It was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18+ May Include Spoilers :

Best part of the night: We left the bar and went across the street to an ATM. While I was waiting in a queue the girl in fron of me noticed the stills in my hand and was like "Hey, where'd you get those?" and I was like "The actor who plays Pod is in that bar." She screamed a mighty scream and sprinted across the road into the bar.

[center]

Worst part of the night: When my friend tried to convince him to call me hodor :|

"I'm such a Silverheart fangirl"
Strange
AS of Sahova

Words: 71649
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Scrapbook

Postby Estrellir Konrath on May 16th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Aw, that's awesome! I really like Pod, he manages to come across as deep and amusing at the same time.

Also, it's shocking how many famous people populate Scotland. There's the GoT cast you already mentioned, but I've been told the actor of HP's Hagrid lives up there too. One of my best friends goes to college in Glasgow, although she isn't exactly famous. Apparently it's where the cool kids are! Makes me want to visit even more. :) (Nevermind the murder capital thing...)
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Mirage on May 23rd, 2014, 4:59 pm

Just leaving this here...

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

PreviousNext