[Sylira OOC Chat] Crossroads

A gathering place for all OOC Wildlands discussion.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Oriah on September 11th, 2014, 5:46 pm

Well done, as always ^__^ Will be keeping tabs on this one!
"Common"
"Shiber"
Oriah
Never Stray

Words: 364847
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 5:06 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Nemesis on September 24th, 2014, 9:36 pm

*rolls on in and announces herself as Supreme Lurker of the Sylira Regional OOC Thread*

Tis impossible for anyone to contest or disprove this self-claimed title... today is a good day. Anyhoo, poking my head in to say him and to subscribe so that I might keep up with all the exciting goings on that my future subjugated favourite Sylirans^ are up to.

^I use Sylirans I the Regional sense, not the City sense... is that the correct collective noun for the peoples of the region?
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Inoadar on September 25th, 2014, 5:47 am

Love the new Avatar, Nemesis!
It is very nearly as disturbing as Annalisa. ;)
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Twister on September 26th, 2014, 9:20 pm

Hey there, Sylira.

This OOC thread should be used more often. Don't be shy, people. :)

Are there any people out there who have ever considered Storytelling on Mizahar? If you have been here for 60 days and have a good track record, you should definitely consider applying if you have a love for creation and development and plenty of creativity to go around, as well as a good attitude towards your fellow players. I know our lovely Nightmare is looking for support in Syliras and Nyka is currently sitting without a Storyteller after Balderdash's departure.

If you are interested, please contact one of us ASAP for details and evaluation so we can help you get through the application process. Put yourself out there! We know we have some amazing potential in this region but we can't always see you. Approach us and express your interest or just ask us questions about the position if you aren't sure and need a more personal perspective from someone who's already performing the job. :)

Please pitch your ideas and suggestions for the region- and city-wide plots, too. What sorts of things would you like to see happen between our fantastic domains?

Besides that...

How's Fall threading going for everyone? :D
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Athaera on September 26th, 2014, 9:42 pm

I would enjoy JrSTing, but I don't think I have enough time.
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Twister on September 27th, 2014, 1:24 am

Well I'm glad to know you're interested, at least. :) You'll definitely have to let us know if you have more time in the future.
Twister

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Perplexity on October 4th, 2014, 12:11 pm

-Dr. Seuss

Just posting this here because I thought it was relevant to today.
:)
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Twister on October 14th, 2014, 9:45 am

Hey there, Sylira!

Are you all subscribed to this thread? :D If not, you should totally subscribe. This is the best place for all of us Storytellers in the Sylira region to reach all of our players at once and not just the ones in our Domains. It'd be greatly appreciated if you subscribe and poke your head in here once in a while to keep track of things such as what I'm about to write below.

For those of you who haven't seen recent Scraps and the most recent call-to-arms, Mizahar's currently suffering a general lack of staff. Storytellers have been dropping off again and if you ever thought of applying before, now's definitely a good time to consider it again. I know there are plenty of active players out there throughout the game who have thought of applying several times but never gotten around to it or settled for contributing as a PC Grader instead.

While PC Graders are greatly appreciated and perform an important function in the game, what we really need are Assistant Storytellers who can jump into the frey and help the larger Domains in the game in a greater capacity than that of a PC Grader. We understand that life regularly gets in the way and thus forces staff to retire far too soon, which is why we're always looking for new potentials who would like to give back to the game and immortalize their ideas. :) Riverfall, Kenash and Syliras are all in need of additional Storytellers, though there are plenty of other Domains out there who wouldn't mind an extra pair of hands.

If you are interested in Storytelling, don't hesitate to PM me personally so I can discuss it with you and help you through the application process.

Oh, and speaking of PC Graders...

Who all is a Grader here in the region? Perhaps it's high time we try to get more organized here to help tackle the most urgent grading queues. If you're a Grader hanging out here in Sylira, please pitch me a PM and we'll get started getting you folks organized. ;)
Twister

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Garland on October 14th, 2014, 10:25 am

Twister, I would love to try to apply to be a junior storyteller on the 24th because it would have filled my 2 month requirement to join. I would love to help out and try to keep this site alive.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

PreviousNext