[The Sanctuary OOC Thread] Wandering The Stableyard...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Riverfall's Stables and Animal Healing Center

Moderator: Kavala

Postby Timothy Mered on December 17th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Hi all! I am very excited to start threading in Riverfall and one of my goals is to reach The Sanctuary and (hopefully) get employed there. I think a role as Cleaner/Bird handler would be perfect as I would love to get some experience in Falconry. At the same time, Timothy also has a few skill points in Carpentry so he may make himself useful in that regard.

As for getting into the sanctuary, I am not quite sure how to approach that realistically. As far as I can tell from the Riverfall codex, sometimes "ineligble male slaves" are set free. I am not sure if this would apply to Timothy or if I will need to get myself a PC Master/Mistress...

I hope to bring some interesting plots to The Sanctuary and/or just Riverfall in general. I have no idea how things will turn out, but I imagine he'll be a bit of a loose projectile so be prepared! :P

I am really pumped to get started in Riverfall :)
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Caelum on December 17th, 2014, 9:00 pm

Hi, Timothy.

The Akalak have no use for male slaves. If rescued with other slaves from slavers by an Akalak raiding party, Timothy would simply be released. As of winter, the primary slaver supplying RF is very probably dead. I say very probably as that is a goal of an on going thread that is not complete. It is timestamped at the end of fall and we don't know exactly how all of that will go yet.

If you are looking for someone to potentially strong arm an existing master into releasing Timothy, that can also be arranged. ;) As for a job at the Sanctuary, that is entirely up to Kavala. Welcome to RF!
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Timothy Mered on December 17th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Caelum wrote:Hi, Timothy.

The Akalak have no use for male slaves. If rescued with other slaves from slavers by an Akalak raiding party, Timothy would simply be released. As of winter, the primary slaver supplying RF is very probably dead. I say very probably as that is a goal of an on going thread that is not complete. It is timestamped at the end of fall and we don't know exactly how all of that will go yet.

If you are looking for someone to potentially strong arm an existing master into releasing Timothy, that can also be arranged. ;) As for a job at the Sanctuary, that is entirely up to Kavala. Welcome to RF!

Thanks for your swift reply! I think I'll go with Tim being released then, it'd be interesting to cover that actually. He'd be incredibly happy to be set free but at the same time he is in a city he doesn't know with no relatives (that he knows of) and only a miza, a Benshira bracelet and Yahal's mark on his back.

That leads me to a other question that you may be able to answer: my gnosis request was approved but the thread hasn't been played out yet, to what extend can I make mention of this gnosis if the thread wherein it is obtained isn't completed yet? My own hunch is that I can mention it in threads but that I should try not to do anything with it until it is actually awarded to me. What do you think?

Now, I'll contribute to the pile of open threads soon and cause a little trouble in town. Should be fun! ^^
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Postby Caelum on December 17th, 2014, 9:31 pm

You cannot actually indicate that you have a gnosis, whether you're mentioning it, showing the mark, or whatever, if you have not been awarded it yet. Yes, even if you do not actively use the gnosis. Approval for a gnosis thread and even a gnosis thread does not actually guarantee that you will receive and be awarded the gnosis. The thread can ultimately go any way. You have essentially just been granted permission to attempt it.

Hope that clears it up!
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kavala on December 18th, 2014, 3:10 am

Timothy...

What Caleum said... of course... then I have some additional stuff to add.

I think your best bet is homeless in Riverfall. That will get you ironically in trouble faster than you might think. It could be from a number of reasons. Slavers released you because they found out you won't fetch a price in RF and your price fetched elsewhere was worth less than the cost to feed and clothe you on the trip to that 'elsewhere'. You could be a survivor of a zith attack on your slavers.... the sky is the limit. What will get you in trouble in RF is sleeping on the streets, stealing or begging, being unemployed, that sort of thing. There's not much of it and they'd quietly run you out of town. The big guys wouldn't kill you or anything, but definitely you'd be encouraged heavily and probably by sword point to move on. If you were an Akalak boy you'd be taken in immediately, but humans not so much. IF you were down by the docks, they could press you into some sort of sailing deck sqabber position with svefra or humans (if you had blue eyes or looked healthy). If you were hurt, you'd probably be taken to a healer or The sanc before you were set free.

But if they ran you out of town, odds are one of the Sanc folks would pick you up or an NPC from The Sanc. The people there are slightly suckers for homeless children and have several.

If you want a gnosis thread in RF or the area ran by Goss or one of the qualified mods (which currently there aren't any but will be soon), then you need to write a letter in the Gnosis Request Thread in the Behind The Waterfall and you'll be put on the list. :) After you have physically gotten the mark in a gnosis thread (even if the thread isn't complete or graded) then you can talk about your mark. You can use the gnosis abilities after the thread is complete and graded.

I hope that helps.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hirem on December 18th, 2014, 3:18 am

I can offer my services to bring Tim to the Sanctuary, if you'd like. Hirem frequents the lower parts of town often enough, what with bouncing at the Rat Hole, that he could run into Tim while on his way to or from work. He's also familiar with the Sanc, and could turn to Kavala for help when he himself can't take care of the kid.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Timothy Mered on December 18th, 2014, 2:27 pm

Thanks for all the help guys! I completely understand about the gnosis, it simply makes sense.

I'll take your advice to heart, Kavala, and will take Timothy to the streets. Should be interesting to be a bit of a street rat as it goes against his nature, but he's just trying to survive of course. I'll also make sure to submit to the gnosis request thread you mentioned, I'll need to look for a good "trigger event" first though as I don't think I can do my old idea anymore.

I'll take you up on your offer as well, Hirem. I just need to calculate all the right dates as I would like to get to The Sanctuary, but not straightaway.

Would the 10th of Winter be possible for you, Hirem? If not, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it there, I don't want to derail this thread too much.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Previous