[The Sanctuary OOC Thread] Wandering The Stableyard...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Riverfall's Stables and Animal Healing Center

Moderator: Kavala

Postby Kavala on August 31st, 2014, 5:29 pm

Feel free to turn in your job thread list and I'll see to it that you get paid.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kavala on September 3rd, 2014, 12:06 am

Since I've gotten this question about three times in my PMs, I thought I'd just post it here. What does this season mean for Kavala's personality?

Well, here's my thoughts.

I've been really thinking about that hard. See, Kavala has a vastly different nature verses her demeanor. Her demeanor is warm, welcoming, kind, caring, nurturing and loving. That's the face she shows everyone. Her nature is that of a cold blooded killer that is fiercely protective and willing to do anything it takes to keep her friends and family alive with no remorse whatsoever. She will literally kill in a heartbeat and not feel guilty about it at all if it was for what she deemed a good cause. She's most likely never to loose any sleep at all over something questionable she's done in regards to the world and her interaction in it.

I know this doesn't surprise Caelum, but I bet a lot of you don't know that about this PC. The Inner true Kavala I see as a dangerous creature in the best of times.

If I were to reverse her personality, she's not going to be that friendly, welcoming, or caring. She'll be angry, resentful, and pretty much pissed off full time. She's going to push everyone and everything away, have tendencies to be violent. That's her demeanor and what most people will see full time. Her nature, however, is another story. In regards to her nature, I see Kavala going a different direction and being more conscious driven and more morally straight as a nature. She's going to start loosing sleep and having the things she's done weigh on her heavily to the point where probably her entire history becomes something of her fault, a blame she takes on herself, and a burden she starts carrying.

I hope that helps. I'd like to hear about your PCs and what you were thinking of doing about the RF situation?

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Caelum on September 3rd, 2014, 1:06 am

This is completely fantastic. I'm so digging this entire idea.

Regarding Caelum and his personality reversal, I think we're all in a lot of deliciously fun trouble. Caelum is a compassionate fixer. It plays a large part of why he is both a healer and a dreamwalker. He has a great deal of empathy and is driven to attempt to fix not just people but situations and things. He strives for mercy over justice, peace over vengeance, and understanding before judgment.

Now let's flip that.

Justice. Judgement. Vengeance.

His moral compass is going to break and he is going to care very little for the gods, even his gods. Incapable of being indifferent due to ranuri and healing gnosis, he will instead be vengeful. His moral dilemmas delaying several business expansions are erased. His is now impatient, angry at all the wrongs done him, disconnected from his gods, and triggered to kill.

He maintains his goals, but his means are now mired in blood. More complicated, and simplified all at once. He cares for the same people he's always cared about, but that caring takes on new colors. He is less a caretaker and supporter and more of a protector who wants, no, demands more.

His wants. His desires. His turn now.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Alaia on September 3rd, 2014, 1:09 am

I'll peek in with a brief part of mine on Alaia.

As anyone who has met Alaia knows she's a ridiculously careful and kind person. She is gentle almost to a fault and rather chaste when it comes to any situation. When someone needs help she'll typically offer hers without a second thought. Though she does tends to stay away from making friends (save a few) even with her friendly nature. With this whole situation going on in RF this season as a healer she'll have that natural pull to heal things but I plan on messing her up quite a bit mentally. She'll probably start with killing small things and graduate to bigger things ... sometimes she'll fight the urge to kill and win and sometimes she will lose.

Also due to her chaste personality I plan on making her much more out spoken and forward (romantically and not romantically) so that should be fun! I think that part will be my favorite as even though she will be more blunt about what she thinks and her feelings that doesn't mean she actually knows how to seduce or flirt. Plus I"m a rather awkward person ooc with flirting (really my best pick up lines are like "Hey you come here often" and I can't wink worth nothing so I look like I'm having a facial twitch ... yes this is how I used to come on to people shh don't judge) so I can only imagine how she will be. She'll probably become a very dominant type of personality as a nice flip coin to what she is currently, the "fire" in her personality that doesn't usually show up unless she is learning something new will also spark in all aspects.

It's a very brief description I don't want to give away all my secrets but I do plan on this altering her quite a bit as the season progresses. It might even linger past when everyone "gets back to normal" depending on how the season plays out and how she as a person reacts to it. She'll end up being rather in your face and vicious for a time though which shall be very interesting!

Anywho that's my bit and part of what I'm planning, it'll be a great lead in to her learning some offensive/defensive magics too I think.
Alaia
My soul whispers to you in the silence.

Words: 181488
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Lyn'nice on September 3rd, 2014, 3:20 am

So Lyn is a mothering person who loves to be outside or in the water. A girl who randomly helps out expecting nothing in return. Prone to the giggles. But keeps many feelings close guarded. She's nearing the end of her pregnancy..

I'm guessing Lyn will be disconnected from many people, become a hermit in her room. Make messes and argue.Plants will die from neglect. Maybe say somethings she'll regret (romantic and not), and be straight faced at all times. Perhaps this could cause a premature birth with her baby. Oh boy angry healers.....
Lyn'nice
Player

Words: 62054
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 11:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby M'ki on September 5th, 2014, 11:24 am

M'ki is originally a stand-offish person, one who's slow to make friends and slow to trust. It's not that she only cares about herself; it's that she doesn't even trust herself, and thus is slow to trust others. I haven't had too much time to write much with her, so I don't know her personality as well as I do the personalities of a couple of my alts, but maybe that'll change this season!

With this personality flip, M'ki will certainly be more social-- maybe not necessarily friendly, but certainly more social. She will also be more willing to trust people, and thus be more open to others without them having to prove themselves to her.
School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
M'ki
Player

Words: 11696
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2013, 2:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby M'ki on September 6th, 2014, 12:42 pm

*dances happily* Hello, everyone! Pleasure to meet you as an official employee of the Sanctuary! I'm working in the mews. :)
School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
M'ki
Player

Words: 11696
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2013, 2:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kavala on September 6th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Welcome Aboard! Also, does anyone need paid?
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eselle on September 6th, 2014, 3:40 pm

Leaving this here as per instructions:

Eselle pays 10.5 GM for boarding her horse from the 70th-91st at the Sanc. I went with full board since I did not have time to do an additional care thread.

Thanks!
Eselle
Eselle
Fortune Teller

Words: 48492
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 9:22 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alaia on September 6th, 2014, 9:21 pm

I need to finish my job threads before I get paid - hopefully Tuesday I will and I'll post in here to let you know.^^
Alaia
My soul whispers to you in the silence.

Words: 181488
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1