Location [Location] Lord of Council's Office

For Job Requests and other administrative things!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Location] Lord of Council's Office

Postby Bruinen on December 7th, 2014, 8:12 pm

"Yes, I believe that the role of a lumberjack is a very suitable choice, and I do enjoy working with an axe. Thank you for your time sir." Bruinen was quite happy with the profession that was chosen for him, in fact he thought it to be the most suitable choice out of the many opportunities for work in the city of Zeltiva.

Bruinen looked forward to being employed as a lumberjack, after all he did need to provide for himself and a little extra pocket change wouldn't hurt his spirits either.
Bruinen
Player

Words: 3910
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2014, 1:46 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Harrier Harwood on December 7th, 2014, 8:15 pm

A shake of the head brought his hair in front of his face for a moment, but he brushed it back with a swift motion. "Of course, sir, I am flattered. However, I've not the experience needed to run a business just yet. Perhaps a place at The Saville would be best, I feel I could do good work there." This he said with a winning smile, one practiced often and tested on women regularly.
Harrier Harwood
Player

Words: 5548
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 2:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Perplexity on December 7th, 2014, 9:24 pm

"Well then I am certain that the Sailor's Guild will be happy to have you!" Taking up a quill the Seneschal jot down a few notes on a separate sheet of parchment. He penned his signature at the bottom before folding the sheet in half handing it to Bruinen.

"Oh! Be careful not to get trapped under any of the trees you cut down. I also hear rock slides are a bit of a problem if you're not careful." With that he gave the young man a wave then turned his attention back to his other duties.

Bruinen, Please Read! :
Howdy Bruinen! I have provided the link to your Storyteller Secrets thread. Please place the link in the box found in your User Control Panel.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic55310.html

For your information,

Profession: Lumberjack
Wage: 5 GM/Day
Relevant Skill: Woodcutting
Location of Employment: The Sailor's Guild, Zeltiva

-----------------------

"Alright Mr. Hard...Mr. Hare....Mr. Harwood." Tranaris cleared his throat as he stumbled over the gentleman's last name with a small chuckle. His face flushed in mild embarrassment. Taking up a quill he signed the bottom of the application before drawing up a missive to the tailors at The Saville. He folded it in half then handed it to the hat maker.

"Take that to the gentlemen at the shop and you should be all set. I look forward to seeing your work around town!" He gave Harrier a nod then picked up a stack of papers rising from his desk to offer the man a handshake then sending him on his way.

Harrier, Please Read! :
Hello Harrier! I have provided for you the link to your Storyteller Secrets thread. Please place it in the box under your User Control Panel.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic55311.html

For your information,

Profession: Milliner
Wage: 6 GM/Day (4 GM Base Wage + 2 (Competent skill) = 6)
Relevant Skill: Millinery (Competent)
Location of Employment: The Saville, Zeltiva
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on December 9th, 2014, 6:05 am

Winter 1st 514 AV, 11th Bell

They entered the offices with the warmth of the room to greet them, the air from the outside left a mild chill around them until the moved forward to settle in. With the lush carpets and polished lamps present to represent the status, the mood felt all the more business like as the couple approached the desk of the secretary that resided here in the reception area. "G'day sir." Rick greeted as the man named Tranaris Johnson looked up from his papers to greet the family.

"Welcome to the Lord of Council's office. How may we help you today?"

"Me wife an' Oi would like t' apply fer jobs, as Oi've resigned from me previous one fer a bit." With the intent noted there were two forms given for them to fill out, Ricky filled his own out first while Telion waited and kept Martin occupied,

Profession: Fisherman
Wage: 4 GM + 2 for Competency
Applicable Skills: Fishing (44)
Location of Employment: The Docks, Sailor's Guild

and then when her turn came she would hand the child over to him so that she could fill her form next.

Profession: Caretaker
Wage: 4 GM
Applicable Skills: Childcare (15)
Location of Employment: Farson's Home for Orphans:

oocI figured Telion could fill one out so she could legitimately work at the orphanage, rather than just say she started there this season. :)
Last edited by Ricky Maze on February 23rd, 2015, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 14th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Common Vani Nari
Stepping a cautious foot into the magnificently decorative building, the widower eyed the elegant and lavish pieces all throughout the room. With mouth slightly agape, his eyes skimmed the walls and ceiling as if it was the first time he's ever seen fancy decor.

The blonde limped slightly on his way, passing by one of the red velvet chairs, his fingers running along the plush fabric. His blue eyes ran along the dark, elegant wood all the way down it's legs. And the carpet and rugs weren't any less spectacular.

Gale could appreciate the fancy surroundings, but he couldn't help but wonder why it was more important than using the money they spent on the furniture to use for the betterment of the city, like repairing the University or feeding the people.

"Ahem."

Gale flinched and looked at the man behind his desk who had been staring at him since he walked in. Apparently he had missed his short greeting. "How may we help you today?"

"Oh- um-" Gale quickened his staggered pace until he got to the luxurious desk. "I would like to apply for a job?" He said in a fairly nervous manner. He felt as if his baritone voice would shatter the room with how it appeared to echo. Was it just him that heard it?

"Ah, yes." The man gave a single nod, scrambling across his desk to grab a slip of paper. "Just fill this out." Gale nodded with a mumbled thank you before taking a seat at one of the comfortable chairs. But he sat on the arm of the chair, glancing around to look for a Quill and Ink.

There was one on the table, in which Gale slid to the edge so he could more easily use it. Dipping the tip in the black liquid, Gale started to fill his application. Holding it with two fingers, Gale fumbled to try and position the feather without it slipping . He eventually held it tight enough to make sure it wouldn't move.

Profession: Coorior
Wage: 1-S GM
Applicable Skills:
Land Nauigation: Novice (5)
Ruming: Novice (6)
Organization: Novice (2)
Location of Employment: Not that I'm awane of.

Gale looked back over the application to make sure everything was correct, but frowned. Penmanship was never his strong suit, but writing with two fingers was a lot harder than it looked. He sighed, crossing out the words that were so sloppy it was hardly readable. He was about to rewrite it, but then glanced at his right hand.

After some debate with himself, he switched the quill over, dipping it in ink once more, and rewrote the application to a more legible state.

Application :
Profession: Courier
Wage: 1-5 GM
Applicable Skills:
Land Navigation: Novice (5)
Running: Novice (6)
Organization: Novice (2)
Location of Employment: Not that I'm aware of.

He looked it over again. Well, it was readable now. He'll have to work on that.

Standing up from the arm of the chair, returning the quill to the ink, he slowly limped his way back to the man, offering the application to the man. "Sorry for the crossed out spaces." He gave a nervous chuckle.

He was never going to get this job.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Eshe on December 16th, 2014, 3:05 am

Winter, Day 2, Year 514 AV
Lord of Council's Office

Eshe couldn’t help but groan as she stared up at the doors to the Council Office. She knew this was the price for remaining behind when her mother had decided to head to Syliras to tend to family, but that didn’t mean she was going to be happy about the need for getting a job. With winter in full swing however a job went hand in hand with suriving.

Pushing the door open to the office, she glanced around almost in a nervous fashion before her eyes landed on the desk in the center of the room. Biting her bottom lip she slipped into the room, squaring her shoulders in an attempt to stand taller, and took quick long strides to the desk. The man behind the desk had been watching her since the door swung open, but remained quiet until she nearly reached his desk. "Welcome to the Lord of Council's office. How may we help you today?"

“I need a job.” The words left her mouth in a rush and she could feel a blush rise up in her cheeks as she grinned sheepishly at the man. “Please?” The man nodded, sorting around papers on his desk until he found what he was looking for. Eshe honestly had no idea how he even found anything on his desk, seeing as there were papers everywhere—in a neat fashion at least.

“Fill this out and we’ll see what we can do for you.” She gave the man a small nod before taking the paper from him and snagged a quill off the desk to begin the process of filling out the paper.

Profession: Massage therapist or anything that works with kids
Wage:
Applicable Skills:
Massage | Novice (9)
Location of Employment: Zastoska Bath House, The Farson Home for Orphans

Eshe tilted her head a little to the left as she examined the application. She supposed it didn’t look all that impressive, especially given that she had no skills in taking care of anyone. But after a moment she shrugged and huffed out a soft sigh as she handed the paper back to the man. “I don’t have any skills with kids, but I love them and enjoy helping people out so…” She shrugged once again and tugged on a curl of hair hanging over her shoulder. “I don’t really care what kind of job I get though honestly.”
Eshe
Player

Words: 12570
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2014, 5:27 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Perplexity on December 20th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Ricky, Please Read! :
Your Storyteller Secrets thread has been updated to reflect your new employment. Just a note, Telion can work wherever she pleases. She does not gain an actual wage though. All household expenses are still your responsibility.

Profession: Fisherman
Wage: 6 GM
Relevant Skill: Fishing (Competent)
Location of Employment: The Sailor's Guild, Docks, Zeltiva

Gale, Please Read! :
Your Storyteller Secrets thread has been updated to reflect your new employment. For your information:

Profession: Courier
Wage: 5 GM
Relevant Skill: Running (Novice)
Location of Employment: Lord of Council's Office, City of Zeltiva

Eshe, Please Read! :
I have provided the link to your Storyteller Secrets thread. Please place it in the box located in your User Control Panel for easy access.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic55547.html

For your information,

Profession: Masseur
Wage: 5 GM
Relevant Skill: Massage (Novice)
Location of Employment: Zastoska Bath House, Zeltiva.

I apologize for the horrendous wait on these. Due to the span of time you were made to wait I decided to forgo an IC response. I am sorry for that. If you have questions or concerns please do feel free to contact me via PM at your earliest convenience. I am happy to work with you as much as I can.

-Perplexity

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ravenna Raye on December 30th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Ravenna stepped tenderly into the Lord of Council's Office, smiling at the exquisite decor. Her footsteps quietly echoed across the cherrywood floors as she approached the secretary's desk in the center of the room. Flashing a professional but friendly smile, she waited for Mr.Johnson to look up from his papers and acknowledge her before she spoke. "I apologize for the interruption, but I was looking to fill out an employment application if you have one handy?" He nodded, absentmindedly handing her a form as he directed his attention back to the stacks of papers before him. He did seem terribly busy, so Ravenna thought nothing of his lack of conversational response. Shrugging, Ravenna muttered a thank you as she took a seat in one of the red velvet chairs to complete the form. She did dearly hope she'd be approved for this job.

Application :
Profession: Woodcarver and Painter
Wage: 5 GM and 4 GM per day
Applicable Skills: Carving (40)(Competent), Painting (12)(Novice)
Location of Employment: No preference

Standing and returning to the desk once more, Ravenna again awaited a moment of his attention to hand the form back to him. "Thank you again, Mr.Johnson, sir. I appreciate you taking the time to review my application."

x
Last edited by Ravenna Raye on March 15th, 2015, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravenna Raye
Player

Words: 33663
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 12:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Perplexity on December 31st, 2014, 4:40 pm

Tranaris regarded the application in his hands for a moment. A slight furrow touched his brow before he looked up to give Ravenna a smile.

"Ms. Raye? I am afraid you must choose one option for employment. The application as it reads right now implies you perhaps want to start a business venture of your own. Is that your intention? Regardless the foundation of your enterprise must be built on one specific trade. You can, in the future, add specialties to that trade as you gain prominence in your primary one." He sifted through a file briefly handing her a manual.

"Information regarding business ventures in the city of Zeltiva can be found in there. Is that something you were interested in?"

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ravenna Raye on December 31st, 2014, 8:06 pm

Ravenna listened with interest as Mr.Johnson explained both her mistake and her options. Own her own business? She'd never thought that far into the future regarding her talent. She carefully read through the manual he gave her detailing the ins and outs of opening a business. It was surely something that interested her, but she felt she currently wasn't up to par for such an endeavor. This now gave her a widespread goal to strive for in the future though. Flashing an embarasssed smile, she corrected herself. "My mistake, sir. I don't currently wish to open my own business, though I would like to in the future. On the matter of which occupation to lay my foundationon, I'm a much better woodcarver than I am a painter, haha. Are there any other corrections I need to make, sir?"

OOCI hope this was enough for a response. It's on the short side. My apologies.
x
Ravenna Raye
Player

Words: 33663
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 12:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext