Location The Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The Employment Office

Postby Abstract on October 11th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Toan

The monk nodded at Toan's choice, also noting down the name as he was given it. "A courier, great! You'll report to the Nyka Delivery Bureau tomorrow at 7 bells. Just tell them your name, and they'll know you're coming. Oh, you'll make 2gm a day! Enjoy!" That done, the man called up the next patient, filing Toan's paper with ease.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

The Employment Office

Postby Archailist on December 11th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Time Stamp - 2nd of Winter, 513.

He sighed, exasperated. It came out as something more of a squeak than any particular noise of frustration as he glanced down over the long list of professions, odd jobs, advertisements and the other scraps nearly under his feet; he'd needed to actually stand on the desk in order to see what was there, and even that had been a trial. Everything had been a trial - this 'job-choosing' was no different. None of it delighted him, none of it even seemed to intrigue him. He wanted to be a Knight, why did he have to travel to this place anyway..

"Uhm.. Courier?" It was a poor position for a squirrel, but the only other possibility was Hunter, and he had nothing in terms of hunting talent. He was a warrior, a fighter - his good was done when he was fighting the forces of evil!.. even if they joked that he'd barely be able to stick a thorn in their ankle, given his diminutive size and the oddly comical shape that he'd taken - a squirrel, of all animals, a squirrel. However.. perhaps some work as a Courier would do some good. He was small.. agile and becoming more agile..

But, he needed the training. "It's either that, or Hunting. And I don't know a thing about hunting.." the small Pycon confessed as he scanned over the sheets again.
Last edited by Archailist on December 20th, 2013, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

The Employment Office

Postby Naia Whitewater on December 13th, 2013, 7:49 am

2 Winter, 513 AV

Naia rolled her shoulders and kept her head high, the slow progression of the line not something that wore lightly on her patience. If there was something to see or do, a sight in which she could engorge her focus, then she'd be happy the toll and bumps and lack of movement. Alas, she was surrounded by those eager and equally bored as she was, the stalemate of the line on a busy morning putting none, it seemed, in a lively mood.

When it finally came her time to stare at a monk and make herself sound useful, she didn't wait to spill her limited skills. "Naia Whitewater." She didn't have much in the ways of prospects - a teacher or a scribe, neither flashy nor fun, though they were a means of earning coin and came with their benefits and drawbacks. "I'm here to seek employment," her words were said with a heavy exhale of air, and her tone soon took on a further plasticity.

"My most skill is in writing, but I also have some in astronomy and teaching - and swimming, if there is any worth in mentioning it." She'd managed to say most of her words in a single breath, and had to sharply intake air as to speak on-wards. "From my own little review of what I have to offer, either a scribe or a teacher seems to me suit best."

Liar Naia
OOC Note: Decided to kick into gear and bring Naia back, but it might take a month or so until I'm happy that I've cleared everything.
Naia Whitewater
The Roaring Silence

Words: 146083
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

The Employment Office

Postby Balderdash on December 18th, 2013, 8:25 pm

Arhalist was met with a credulous look by a dark-skinned man who appeared to have been carved out of a massive meat log. "Are you sure about that? You sssseem the sssort to be sssssquished eassily."

The Pycon didn't seem to be daunted by the prospect, so the Dhani simply shrugged and pointed out the door. "Go out and find a deer. Kill the deer. Give the deer to a monk of Ssskerr. They'll take care of the resst. Or find sssomebody who wantsss to employ a merssssenary." And with that, he was shown the door.

Naia was met by a bespectacled man in his twenties with a ready smile and an amicable air. "Lovely! The Hall of Robes will be delighted to have you. It actually shouldn't be too far from here; fat white marble building smack-dab in the middle of the Celestial Square. Smells like soup and dye. Can't miss it. If you have trouble finding it, just come back here and I'll walk you over!"

Well. That was easy. And so Naia was able to go back to her Grandmama and say she had a real job.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

The Employment Office

Postby Bay'Lin La on June 11th, 2014, 5:48 am

43nd Day of Summer, 514 AV

Baylin tended to reject help and to say that it could cause a headache for the people that longed to help him would have been a colossal understatement. It was why he found his sisters constant nagging incredibly annoying, but she was his family. And what older brother doesn't have annoying younger siblings? That was why he told her to remain outside of the building. However, Nyka apparently held strict regulation on food and he needed to earn an income. So, there he was clad in his stiffened kelp light armor with his cloak on and hood covering his face, standing among a group of people who he had no wish to know personally.

The cautious nature of the natives was quite nice for the loner sea dweller. It made it easier to ignore them all. Or maybe he was just making excuses to avoid having to ask for help. One was just as likely as the other, and he didn't particularly bother lingering on the thought. He didn't want to find out which one it was. He glanced away from the people sitting down at the chairs, drawing his arms loosely across his chest while waiting for the next monk at the desk to handle his employment.

When the Monk was free, Baylin approached after lowering his hood. "Greeting Monk, I hope your day goes well?" He made small talk to avoid seeming too... callous? Yes, callous was the correct word. "My name is Baylin, and I am here to seek employment as a Voider. " He spoke, his voice holding a naturally deep gravitas to its tone.
Last edited by Bay'Lin La on June 14th, 2014, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bay'Lin La
Life's but a walking shadow...

Words: 33079
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 1:34 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Employment Office

Postby Balderdash on June 13th, 2014, 6:23 am

Baylin found himself confronted by an excessively attractive young man wearing the first instance of a hex-sleeved robe. Finally, something that seemed almost as strange as he was- a six-armed man. "That's odd... I thought you'd be a lot... How do I say... Jellier?" he said with a faint air of disdain, one of his arms snatching a piece of paper whilst the one opposite stroked his chin. "The Wizard's Thumb will appreciate some way to dispose of their more volatile waste." the Eypharian mused with a nod. "Yes... Report to them in the Western Quarter. Huge tower across from four others, smell of death, all that good stuff."

He frowned for a moment before adding, "Oh, and try not to get Djed poisoning. Death will really get in the way of your salary."
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

The Employment Office

Postby Bay'Lin La on June 14th, 2014, 8:44 pm

If Baylin's eyes could have physically narrowed they would have. However, his pupil-less light green eyes covered in a translucent eyelid simply affixed onto the Eypharian. "A more adequate creature to judge my people by is against that of sharks. We are not as you put it, jelly." He nodded when he received the direction to his future workplace. "I shall report there immediately. Have a pleasant day."

He felt no need to carry out an extended conversation with the Eypharian so abruptly made his leave from the office.

Bay'Lin La
Life's but a walking shadow...

Words: 33079
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 1:34 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

The Employment Office

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 11th, 2015, 2:23 pm

60 Summer 515

The first thing Clyde had done once arriving in Nyka was to secure a place to rest. Having stowed his gear there, Clyde headed onto his next task of securing work. He perhaps didn't need the coin, but making some money never hurt. Neither did showing off his skills when he wanted to impress some people. Perhaps getting a job and showing his skill in it would ease the transaction he had in mind.

Because of this reasoning, Clyde found himself at the employment office, in line to ask for a job.

Occasionally he'd absentmindedly tap Cha, his staff, on the ground. While he'd left most of his gear back in his room, Cha didn't leave his side.

When he finally reached the front of his line, Clyde stepped forward to greet the multi armed man. Having seen what he'd seen a few extra arms didn't make Clyde bat so much as an eye. He put his most friendly smile on his face as he spoke, hoping to be both endearing and persuasive.

“Hello, I am Clyde. Clyde Sullins. I am seeking work.”

While Clyde had many skills both mundane and magical, he felt his magic would be of most use. However the crafting skills would not likely be of direct use for a job... So that ruled out Glyphing and Magecrafting likely.

Likely of his best skills the likeliest candidates would be Auristics or Reimancy.

“I think I'd be best working as a Aurist or a Reimancer, both of which I am quite proficient at. As an Aurist I can do things most with the skill would easily overlook, or not even perceive. With Reimancy... Well, I have control of all four elements and their combinations. If I have a limit to my range, I've yet to see it. Certainly a few miles with proper sight lines. As for my control, it is precise and total. And my scale is as large. I've yet to meet a task that called for Reimancy that mine wasn't a match for.”

“I'm not fully sure what exactly I'd be used for with either, you being of the city you'd likely know better than I what common threats a Reimancer could combat, whether of an elemental nature or physical, or what a Aurist might be used to see.”

Adding in a compliment unobtrusively, seeking their assistance and knowledge and admitting the man knew things he did not, all verbal means of persuasion, sleights of hand in word form.

And true enough. Clyde didn't fully know what threats most commonly faced the city. But perhaps if the man told him, he'd be able to explain how he could meet them.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Employment Office

Postby Serana on August 1st, 2015, 3:52 pm

Serana
Hungry like the wolf
13th Day of Summer, 515

Gods, it was so hot in this feckin city. Would it always be like this?

The kelvic found the heat most oppressive when she was in her wolf form as the black seemed to attract the sun, the heaviness of her fur didn't help matters much either. So, until the sun went down, she found herself remaining in her human form as she sought out the employment office where she would seek a way to keep herself sustained while she was in Nyka. As a slave, one didn't have to worry about housing and money because they were property but in her freedom came the choice to take on a job that she was paid for. She didn't really know what it was that she could do in the city, she knew how to cook and to hunt, that was about it.

Dark brown eyes glanced down at the ground as she entered the building. She felt out of her depth here and in a lot of ways she was but this was a step that she needed to take. She could have lived off the land as a kelvic, hunting at night and feeding off her kills but as much as she didn't want to admit it, she needed to find her pack. She was a wolf without a pack and one knew that a lone wolf didn't last very long.

Sera would approach the first person she saw that she could identify as 'working' at the employment office. She was trying to play herself off as cool and confidant but she was shaking somewhat, hands wringing in front of her. "Excuse me, do I speak to about finding myself a job?"
Serana
Hungry like the wolf

Words: 5798
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 10:44 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

The Employment Office

Postby Quiver on May 7th, 2016, 4:17 am

27 Spring, 516

Quiver had just arrived in Nyka a few days ago. After lounging in his room for several days, recuperating from the grueling journey, he decided it was time to apply for a job. Perhaps, he could test his skills as a reimancer. It was nice to practice magic without the constant threat and supervision of the Syliran knights. This led Quiver to the employment office.

Moodily, Quiver shifted from one foot to the other; he was annoyed by the long wait. "Petch. Are they ever going to call my name. I've been standing here for quite awhile!" Quiver thought. He glanced around at the others surrounding him. Surprisingly, they did not seem frightened by him; in fact, he almost sensed curiousity, though well hidden, in their eyes. In front of Quiver sat four, evidently, monks, interviewing potential candidates. Three were human, and Quiver was unsure of what the fourth race was.

However, before Quiver could analyze the odd monk, he finally arrived to thefront of the line. A chair stood in front of Quiver, and he deftly climbed to the top of it. His two eyes barely peered over the top of the desk.

"List your skills," the monk commanded, eyeing Quiver.

"I practice the magic known as Reimancy," Quiver replied.
Another one.

-Feel free to PM criticisms of my posts!-

"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." -Emerson
Quiver
Voted GQ's "Sexiest Hunk of Clay!"

Words: 8569
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2016, 4:37 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous