Location [Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

If one seeks citizenship, housing, and work in Riverfall, a guest or visitor must apply here first.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

Postby Turrin on May 7th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Time Stamp: 85th of Spring, 517AV

When Turrin walked into the Citizen, Housing, and Labor Aid Office, he was confident that he made the right decision about becoming a permanent resident of Riverfall. It was tough decision because he enjoyed the freedom of being out in the Sea of Grass with the Drykas, but he was starting to clash with the horse-lords, and he decided that he needed to be in a city where he could just blend into. Besides, this was the city the city that his father and mother met, fell and love, and started a family together. It was his birth city even if he didn't remember it since he was infant at the time.

Walking to the counter, the green skinned akalak behind the counter asked, “So are you applying for citizenship, employment, or both?”

Turrin said with a smile, “I would like to apply for both.”

The green akalak nodded with a smile, took out two forms out of a folder, and slide them to the half breed. Turrn took the forms, stood off to the sides, and started to read and fill them out.

Citizenship Form

Name:Turrin
Race:Mixed Race (Inarta/Myrian)
Competency In: Weapon (Talon Sword) and Weapon (Short bow)
Employment:To be decided
Expected Stay In Riverfall:Permanent Residence

Employment

Race:Mixed Race (Inarta/Myrian
Relevant Skills: Weapon (Talon Sword), Weapon (Short bow), Hunting, and Tracking
Preferred Employment:The Kuvay' Nas (The Archer Branch)
Expected Stay In Riverfall:Permanent residence

Housing form

Race:Mixed Race (Inarta/Myrian
Type Of Building Looking For:Because of my economic situation, I am looking for something comfortable in a reasonable price range. Nothing to extravagant like the Cora Apartments.
Size:400sq feet
Condition:Clean
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Permanent residence.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Crescenta on May 7th, 2017, 9:22 pm

1st Of Spring 517

The woman stepped inside looking rather nervous, she arrived in her human form, wishing she wasn't. She smiled at the one behind the counter, though she supposed herself lucky that she wasn't in her other form since she was more likely to be asked to marry one of the Akalak when she was - Something she had no intention of doing. The one behind the counter simply smiled back as she asked for employment and quickly filled in the form. Writing in the job that she wanted; A doctor's assistant. She wasn't confident enough in her craft to feel she could be a doctor yet, so she decided it would make sense.

Name: Crescenta
Race: Ethaefal
Relevant Skills: Medicine
Preferred Employment: Doctor's assistant
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Multiple seasons at least

Threads 0/2
Crescenta
Player

Words: 15209
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2017, 9:49 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kamilla on May 7th, 2017, 11:44 pm

Kamilla Circe Gordon

50th of Spring, 515AV

Kamilla offered the green skinned akalak a subtle nod of appreciation as he slid her the appropriate form, he may not even have noticed it but that didn't matter to her, she was far too busy pondering the wide variety of skin tones the tall warrior men sported. They were certainly an interesting race, exclusively male, larger than most human men and all with some form of combat training. She'd heard that in order to become an official citizen of Riverfall one needed to be competent in at least one form of combat, it was a smart move on their part, in her opinion, while the city still had its enforcers, in case of an invasion the entire population could effectively become a militia, there were certainly no downsides that she could think of.

Returning to the present, the young sorceress turned her attention to the form she'd recieved, picking up one of the available quills and dipping it in ink as she read the form over twice. She had not indended on finding work so soon after her arrival in the beautiful city but it seemed that in order to purchase a residence in Riverfall one needed to be a combat competent citizen as well as be employed, and although she was not even certain she wanted either of those yet, it made sense to get the ball rolling just incase. Also, it couldn't hurt to at least have some type of income instead of living entirely off of her life's savings.

After much deliberation Kamilla had decided to try her luck in getting a job as a reimancer, she was sure that even here there was a stigma that came with magic but even so, she'd much rather be doing that, or anything really, than returning to the mind numbingly boring occupation of being a seemstress or tailor. Besides her preferences, she had also noted that Riverfall was a city of stone and while she had no experience or qualifications in construction she was sure the city had plenty of cracks and small holes that her geomancy could seamlessly repair.

Name: Kamilla Circe Gordon
Race: Human
Relevant Skills: Reimancy(Earth & Air), Sewing
Preferred Employment: Freelance Reimancer
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Uncertain

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Maria Talwa on May 13th, 2017, 6:48 pm

15, Spring, 517

The midday sun cast its warm rays across Riverfall, and for Maria it was an accurate representation of her mood. For her to be in such a good mood was a rare things, but after such a long time traveling out in the open, it was nice to be part of civilization once again. With only some bags and other personal possessions, Maria stopped near the entrance of the Riverfall Labor Aid building to take in the sights. A gentle smiled crossed her face at the idea of starting a new life here. After inquiring with some knowledgeable citizens, Maria was pleasantly surprised to learn that she could very well qualify for Kuvan status here.

Possessions in tow she walked into the building, feeling the slight drop in temperature upon passing through the front door. Maria took in the room with a quick glance noting the staircase to the left and the bulletin board to the right, then made for the desk in the center of the room. Once there she tried to be polite as possible, already knowing what forms to ask for.

“Good day,” Maria said. “I would like three forms please, citizenship, labor and housing.” Once the forms were provided, Maria carefully filled them with a quill from a nearby inkwell, but also moved out to one side so as to not be in other people's way.

Kuvan Citizenship Form:

Name: Maria Talwa
Competency In: Twin short swords
Employment: Unemployed
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Permanent

Labor Assistance Form:

Relevant Skills: Jeweler
Preferred Employment: Jeweler (Apprentice)

Housing form

Type Of Building Looking For: Apartment
Size: 1 room
Condition: Normal
Maria Talwa
Little Miss Vicious

Words: 116966
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2016, 7:30 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Freke on May 31st, 2017, 1:17 am

Template created by [url
Walking up to the building Freke bows to Miralyn "Thank you My Lady Miralyn for helping me find this place" Backing up Freke slowly rised and turned around to head in. Nervous, unsure what to expect, Freke walks in to the building and saw two men behind a desk. Approaching them he speaks softly.
"Excuse me My Lords. I was told I should come to you about a job?" Without looking up one of the men handed him a piece of paper. "Please fill this out and we'll start looking." A few chimes latter he returns the paper and takes a seat

Name:
Race: Kelvic
Relevant Skills: Unarmed Combat Flux Stealth
Preferred Employment:
Expected Stay In Riverfall:Unknown
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
Freke
Player

Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on June 1st, 2017, 8:28 pm

46th Summer 517 AV
Morning

Fallon tugged at her collar, a puff of air escaping from her lips. The cool of the dubbed "The Citizenship and Labor Aid Office" was a welcoming one to the stifling heat outside. A momentary respite she figured, she doubted that she would be allowed to linger here for too long. Still, she gave herself enough time to quickly glance around herself. It was something that a put a majority of government buildings to shame; Syliras was notably bland in comparison, with Zeltiva having character but not the same level of presence. Aside the fact that most of the structures seem to built for the native Akalak - making her feel comparatively dwarfed - the design was kept simple. She wondered briefly if such trends continued throughout the rest of the city, having chosen to make a straight line to the office.

Making her approach to the desk now she gave the Akalak a small polite nod. It was him who spoke first, offering papers then gesturing for her to fill them in to the side. Taking them she paused, flicking through them in consideration and contemplating her options. From the little she managed to learn while travelling here from the sailors she knew she needed to obtain Kuvan status if she was to own any property - or have any real rights for that matter. In order to obtain that however, she needed employment. That in of itself was a thorn to deal with; it would be easier to pick something that required low levels of thinking - it would allow her time to understand the city, its mechanics and ideologies. If played right, there was always the chance she could use such to her own advantages.

Of course, there was always going back to what she knew best - investigation. It would make sense all things considered, and it was a method she could repeatedly fall back on. In the long run it made the most sense.

Age? Buggery. Put something approximate, that will do. Twenty... three? Four?

The quill scratched against the page, filling in the blanks. There was a momentary pause when she considered employment, before she quickly slipped a copy of the business plan alongside the rest of her documentation. It was when she was done that she simply returned it to the Akalak for inspection.

Kuvan Form:

Name: Fallon Skylar
Competency In: Weapon (Kukri and Tulwar) and Unarmed Combat
Employment: To be decided
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite, at least a year

Labour Form:

Relevant Skills: Various, includes investigation, intelligence, Weapon (Kukri and Tulwar) and Unarmed Combat
Preferred Employment: Private Investigation Services, opening as a business called the SWI.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite, at least a year.

Housing:

Type Of Building Looking For: Common living arrangements, low maintenance apartment - Kuahala Estates?
Size: 600sqft
Condition: Workable and sturdy.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite, at least a year
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Soikka on June 9th, 2017, 9:18 pm

12th of Summer, 517 AV

The interior of the Riverfall Citizenship and Labor Aid Office provided a brief reprieve from the scorching summer sun. It was hot here, hotter than any summer Soikka had experienced before -- the past summers he’d spent in Ravok were not nearly as sweltering. The youth couldn’t help but look around the inside of the building, once again struck by the simplistic beauty of the structures. The doorway was tall and imposing, seemingly built with the native’s height in mind. While Soikka was by no means short for a human, the blue-skinned Akalak men he’d seen on his way to the office had made him feel dwarfed in comparison to their noticeably larger size and stature.

He made his way to the front desk, shooting the Akalak behind a quick smile. “I’m looking for a place to stay,” Soikka started, then paused briefly as he considered the slowly diminishing amount of Mizas he had left. “And a job as well.” If he was planning to stay here for a while, he reasoned, then might as well find a means to make money. “Please fill out the following…” the man responded, pushing forward the forms and motioning to the side where a row of desks awaited.

While he had no problems filling out the housing sheet, the employment form was a bit of a headscratcher. Well, I can’t exactly put down con artist, Soikka reasoned, thinking hard as he attempted to burn holes in the parchment with his eyes. Eventually he settled for fortune telling, as it was one of the scams he had background knowledge and experience in -- even if most of what he usually foretold was a load of horse dung.

Employment:
Name: Soikka
Race: Human, Mixed
Relevant Skills: Fortune telling
Preferred Employment: Fortune teller (tarot cards)
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Foreseeable future

Housing:
Name: Soikka
Type Of Building Looking For: Apartment
Size: 400 sq ft
Condition: Common living
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Foreseeable future

That’ll do, Soikka thought, returning to the front with the parchments in hand.
Last edited by Soikka on June 12th, 2017, 5:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Common | Pavi
Soikka
Soulsearcher

Words: 11161
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2017, 9:24 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Robinson Gilli on June 10th, 2017, 7:45 pm

10th of Summer, 517 AV, 13th bell, 22nd chime

For someone who has willingly killed people, trying to enter the building called the 'The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office' was unreasonably daunting. He could only attribute to how, what was the words? Grand? Yes, grand and clean everything is! Also big, for goodness sake he felt like he was pushed back to his early teen years at the difference between himself and the bloody doorway!

Is it any wonder the sense of awkwardness hasn't bated by now?! Oh but he realized he was just stalling; work was work, and here he could get not only that but probably place to live. Steeling himself, or rather manning up, he entered the establishment.

It was simple, surprisingly so. He couldn't really explain why but he felt it heartening. His movements awkward he moved towards the green Akalak sitting behind the desk. The Akalak seemed to be a cheerful sort, one that set back some of the reassurance Robin felt.

Oh he didn't dislike cheery people, but they tended to be talkative and he... wasn't.

"Ah, new face in these parts " Came the voice as he looked up from the pile of documents he was sorting through " Looking for Kuvan status, work, or a place to live?".

"Ah.. all mentioned, I suppose?"

With a nod and a shuffling of papers, the Akalak extended a a few forms and motioned to the desks where ink and seats can be found "Please fill out the following..." He listened to what each was, internally he felt a bit overwhelmed but he made his way to a desk and began the awkward task of writing...

Name: Robinson Gilli
Competency In: Battleaxe, Longbow.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: two to three years

Name: Robinson Gilli
Relevant Skills: Longbow, Battle axe
Preferred Employment: guard, mercenary.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: two to three years.

Name:
Race:Human
Type Of Building Looking For: affordable.
Size: Small
Condition: decent, will take barely livable.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: two to three years

With a sigh and a shake of his surprisingly sore wrist, he glanced back at his awkward penmanship and nodded with some satisfaction. This could work, right? He could try living here for a few years, hone his craft, and... well he didn't know.

It was too late to go back, in fact he couldn't go back. He felt his hand shake a bit, seeing this he lowered the papers back down andbrought a hand to his face. He didn't feel tears, but he certainly wished he could cry at this moment.

'Ma, Da, you never taught me what ta do when leavin'... Am I doin' right?'
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor

"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Words: 88416
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Martini Elwood on June 17th, 2017, 1:46 am

Martini started up the stairs of the building. She had finally got up the nerve to apply for an actual job as an artist, instead of just selling her random drawings. While she had to admit it brought in a good coin, it wouldn't sustain her when she got her blockage, and the drawing stopped for a bit.

She needed steady income.

Once inside, she realized the design was quite simple. Out right of the room was a spiral of stairs, but out in front of her was a reception desk. It looked to be made of some type of wood, and an Akalak sat behind the desk, fiddling with a quill.

She stepped up to the desk when she heard a throat clearing behind her and smiled sheepishly as the Akalak looked up.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm looking for employment and my residency test." Martini replied, giving the Akalak a once over as he did the same to her. He pushed some forms in front of her and explained to her how to fill them. She moved out of the line, sat at a table, and began to fill in the form before returning to the line once more. After a bit of waiting she pushed the forms toward the Akalak.

Name: Martini Elwood
Relevant Skills: Painting: Competent, Drawing: Competent
Preferred Employment: Artist
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Resident

Competency In: Weapon: Dagger

Type Of Building Looking For: Kuahala Estates
Size: 400sq ft
Condition: Common or below
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Words: 133955
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Valour Skyglow on June 26th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Valour Skyglow

After about a day of venturing around Riverfall and getting a comprehensive grasp of the common whereabouts, Valour knew it was time to use her Mizas to find a proper place to stay- not a rent. She had followed the map to the Citizenship and Labor Aid office, her eyes trailing an old stone path leading towards the towering door.

Mentally grinning, Valour started a walk, her left hand unintentionally wandering to her hood as she pulled it tightly against her head. As she stepped over the solid path, she granted her eyes permission to trace the ancient structure, noting its bland design. She enjoyed being in the presence of older buildings, considering the fact that they had been through a lot, and withheld generations of beings. It was mesmerising to her that so many visitors had probably walked up the same path as her, granted she didn't even enjoy stranger company.

Valour pushed open the door, her violet eyes landing immediately on the desk that was poised in the center. Stacks of paper were piled up high and she mentally groaned over how tedious it would be if requiring a clean up. Considering she was going to engage in a conversation and request, she decided it be best to pull down the very daunting asset; her hoodie. She complied with her thoughts, raising a hand to regretfully yank down the barrier.

The Akalak was waiting at his desk, his passive stare trained on her. He did not react at the sight of her multi-pigmented hair, though she assumed it was due to his years of meeting the diverse travellers looking to settle. She brushed off the thought, and began walking briskly towards him. Her eyes had maintained a faded yellow pigment, one that she always seemed to sport when meeting new people.

Upon reaching the front of his desk, he asked her what she had come for, his manner polite and brief.
"I'm looking for help with housing." Valour replied, fiddling with a few strands of loose hair.
He nodded his head before pushing a simple form towards her.

Valour Skyglow:
Race: Vantha
Type Of Building Looking For: Kuahala Estates
Size: Anything that can hold painting and cooking utensils and room for practice.
Condition: Common
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Nothing set, a few seasons, possibly a year or more.

"There you go." She returned the pen she had instinctively used, taking a step back. Her eyes had blended and transformed back into their usual purple; she had grown more relaxed upon filling the application.

"Thank you." She nodded her head, settling her hoodie back over her head before exiting the premises.

Valour Skyglow
Player

Words: 53050
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2017, 11:50 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

PreviousNext