OOC Info The Syka 517 Summer Character Registry

Please register if you are playing in Syka this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka 517 Summer Character Registry

Postby Anya on June 19th, 2017, 7:49 am

Anya
"Common" | "Myrian" | "Snake Tongue"

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Anya, The Exiciled, (Formally) Anya of the Bloody Tusk
Age, Sex, Race? 27, Female, Myrian
Describe your character in a short abstract? Anya is an angry and volitile woman who is trying very hard to learn restraint and fill the hole in her life that opened up when she was exiled from her home.
How long are you planning to stay? Permanently
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? She plans to begin some sort of butchers shop. She is fond of hunting and tracking animals and still needs to learn how to butcher them for this to happen. She also wants to learn construction skills so that she can build her own building now that she has been given the land in which to work with. Lastly she wishes to learn how to make things from animal hides.
What does your character have to offer Syka? Hunting, tracking skills, determination to find a new home/purpose
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? It is a part of her character, so yes
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I'd say romanace is one of my strong points. Anya would be open for a man or a woman.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Nope
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yeah.
What does your character want to learn this season? Carpentry, butchery, knife skills, cooking.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Any and all
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Build a basic butchers shop, learn how to carve up an animal, make friends
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It was interesting and I wanted to be a part of a developing place!
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'd like a modded thread of me talking to the NPC the built the huts for people to rent, I think the could teach her some construction skills necessary to start her on her ideas.

Additional Comments:

Template by Ellin
-
Last edited by Anya on June 21st, 2017, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anya
Player

Words: 5309
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2017, 4:48 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Thakir on June 21st, 2017, 12:32 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Thakir Silver Pitrius
Age, Sex, Race? 43, Male, Isur
Describe your character in a short abstract? -
How long are you planning to stay? A few seasons at least
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Blacksmithing, other crafting, especially various forms of metalworking
What does your character have to offer Syka? Blacksmithing, Izurdin rank 1. Voiding and Animation.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? If it serves a purpose though Thakir isn't very violence oriented
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Let me get settled in first and then we'll see
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Yes. He's an Isur. No, you have to be born one.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yup.
What does your character want to learn this season? How to get by in Syka.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Why not all of them?
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Get oriented in Syka and prepare for starting his own business next season
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Job/housing arrangements. Can be OOC on your part as well. I'd also like a word about starting a business in Syka next season, but that can wait until later in this one.

Additional Comments:
Thakir
Player

Words: 1752
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2017, 8:33 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Lyssandra on June 21st, 2017, 1:40 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Lyssandra Varal
Age, Sex, Race? 20, Female, Human
Describe your character in a short abstract? An overly curious young woman exploring the world in search of new experiences.
How long are you planning to stay? Until she feels that she's experienced all that there is here.
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Having just arrived, she's currently unemployed.

However, she has a few potential career plans:

1) Sell ice

2) As both an air reimancer and a glypher, use her ability to influence the wind and her ability to store magic in order to create a defense mechanism to be triggered during violent violent storm, thus dampening its force away from key structures, and then renew them after they've been consumed.

3) See if Duncan wants an apprentice

4) Construct and run an inn, using ice and water reimancy to control the climate within.

What does your character have to offer Syka? Lyssandra's primary ability is her reimancy skills. While she isn't as capable at the art as Duncan, she has access to air, which he lacks, additionally, as a glypher, she can store magic making her more suited for providing support for unusual events that require a large stockpile of Djed that even a more experienced Reimancer would overtax themselves on by banking magic in advance when matters are less pressing.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I'm not particularly for or against it. If it fits, then sure. However, Lyssandra has never had to fight in her life, so in that regard she would likely perform quite poorly.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I'm indifferent. If it makes sense, then yet. However, Lyssandra isn't actively looking for love.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I don't know. Mainly because I don't understand what that term means. Aren't all non-solo threads social?
What does your character want to learn this season? Everything she can about the place, and in turn, the world itself.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? She'd be interested in meeting anyone really.
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Finding a job of some sort and building a shelter.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It was a developing settlement with much weaker traditions than the more established locations.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? It would be interesting to explore some of the pre-valatarian ruins
Lyssandra
Player

Words: 3206
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2017, 2:47 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Andrul Aburn on June 28th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Foreigner
Age, Sex, Race? 24, ambiguous but goes by male pronouns, kelvic
Describe your character in a short abstract? if you need to hire a spy, he's the guy your looking for. He doesn't talk much.
How long are you planning to stay? probably for the whole season. Might leave briefly but I'll be back
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? a spy and a mercenary. He gathers information for the highest bidder.
What does your character have to offer Syka? information, information, and more information. Also some pretty good acrobatics and investigation skills.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? no I do not. Well unless it's an IC battle. I like to keep things fun.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? noooooooo. definitly not. Twilight ruined romance and love for me. I refuse to do see because I like to keep things fun.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? nope.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? as long as people are nice then yes.
What does your character want to learn this season? more about his past. Also more about other people
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? anyone he can get information from
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? taking various jobs to spy on other people and then getting wrapped up in crazy shenanigans by accident.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? because it sounds like exactly the place my character would end up if he had wanderlust wich he does.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? a mystery.

Additional Comments: I really hope I did this right.
I don't speak math -me
Andrul Aburn
Warning: slightly crazy

Words: 2047
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2017, 11:04 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kaiu on July 5th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Kaiu

Age, Sex, Race? 217, Male, Jamoura

Describe your character in a short abstract? Kaiu is a strong, silent creature. His only connection to his people were through his, now deceased, coward of a mother and father.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely

How does your PC earn a living in Syka? He hunts in the jungle, selling their meats and furs.

What does your character have to offer Syka? A (possibly) powerful guardian and a strong hunter.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes, because it allows for good character development. Bring on the conflict.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Rarely. Plus, Kaiu's the only big ape in Syka.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? None. Though it'd be fun to be in one.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I will with Kaiu, because it'll help me get into this incredibly intelligent beast's head better. Plus, Kaiu is extremely interested in what drives humans to destruction.

What does your character want to learn this season? About humans and settlers.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Anya, because he'd be interested in learning how her people live in the wilds. Nya and Xen, because best of both worlds. Bay'Lin, because fellow beast. Ashka and Karin, because young human settlers. Honestly, everyone.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Becoming a better hunter, finding his place in Syka, begin deciding on how he's going to treat the settlers.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Because the lack of a large settlement like Riverfall or Syliras provides the perfect place for my PC to learn what he wants.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'll get back to you on that.

Additional Comments: I'll get back to you on this.
Kaiu
a beast within and without

Words: 5336
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2017, 11:33 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Banu Seafoam on July 8th, 2017, 3:18 am

---
Banu

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Banu Seafoam

Age, Sex, Race? 17, Female, Human (Svefra)

Describe your character in a short abstract? Banu is temperamental, adventurous and spunky, with an affinity for the ocean. She is a partier by night and a hard worker by the day. The young girl is inexperienced in a lot of things but unwilling to admit it. Hopefully, she may learn a thing or two this season, and maybe gain some humility along the way.

How long are you planning to stay? A few seasons at least.

How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Banu plans to start out as a fisherman, but she hopes to complete one successful barter with her bone carvings.

What does your character have to offer Syka? Determination, youth, adventure and a dash of mayhem. There is never a dull moment when Banu's around.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Do I like to do it? I suppose I do, as long as it is not senseless and is essential to the story line.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Banu may not be actively seeking romance, but if she stumbles upon it I wouldn't be averse.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Banu is a part of a tight knit pod, one that may accept other Svefra's but is otherwise closed to new members. However, they are certainly willing to make new friends of all races.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes! I absolutely love interacting with other characters.

What does your character want to learn this season? Speechcraft, bartering and improving her bone carving.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Anyone. :) Come one, come all, Banu is ready to be a socialite this season.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I'd really like Banu to mature as a character, realize that actions do have consequences, and maybe make a friend or two.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It looks like a great place to start out a new character, and Syka seems just as new and exciting as Banu is.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Perhaps something to do with her bone carving skill?

Additional Comments: N/A Thank you :)

......................................................................................

Banu
......................................................................................

Banu

Speaking in Common // Speaking in Fratava

Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Banu Seafoam
Trouble Maker

Words: 16419
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2017, 1:39 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Trevor Hightly on July 15th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Trevor Hightly

Age, Sex, Race? 19, Male, Human

Describe your character in a short abstract? Quiet, empathetic character, interested in socialization and stories.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely

How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Pending in the request thread.

What does your character have to offer Syka? A sharp mind, a bit below average body, and hard work.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Sure. I see Trevor as being more social, but violence happens in life, and I don't mind having Trevor react to it.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I do. I've written some romantic-ish short stories in my spare time, and most writing has at least a little bit of romance in it.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Nope.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I do! Trevor is designed mostly for social situations.

What does your character want to learn this season? The culture of Syka, the people of the city, and how he can fit in the larger society.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? I can only really go by the registry, but Karin Ironyach, Byronn, Nya Winters, and Lyssandra. And anyone else who shows up, or wants to thread. :)

What do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I want to meet most of the other players in Syka and write a few really good, and hopefully deep and meaningful social threads.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?
It seemed new and active, and not super-daunting to jump into.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Trevor sailed from Riverfall to get to Syka, like I'm assuming most everyone did. It'd be really awesome to do some kind of story about something unexpected happening on the boat. Just off the top of my head. :p

There's also the matter of his employment. I would absolutely love to write a short thread where he meets his new employer. :) That'd be the thread I'd want to write most right now.

But, I'd also love to do something revolving around his missing wife one day in the future. It can be about him finding out what happened to her somehow, or just about him sifting through his memories and past and moving past it. Either or!

Additional Comments: If anyone wants to write a story with me, I'd really love to do so, it'd be awesome. Just pm me and I'll be happy to come up with something unique and interesting to write with you on the forum. :)
Trevor Hightly
Viam Infiniti

Words: 78529
Joined roleplay: July 15th, 2017, 2:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Frouwenlop on July 17th, 2017, 12:57 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Frouwenlop

Age, Sex, Race? 30, male, Human

Describe your character in a short abstract? Good hearted fighter. A bit shy. Knows fishing and botany.

How long are you planning to stay? Longer the better.

How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Knows fishing and botany, can try to make a living out of it. Also capable with weapons.

What does your character have to offer Syka? A helping hand, and a loyal friend.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Adventuring is one of the funniest part or fantasy, isn't it?

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Don't think my character is ready for any kind of romance regarding his current background.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Sure. Talking creates bonds. Bonds are the core things of a strong community. (;

What does your character want to learn this season? Not sure yet. Every knowledge is good to get either way, that is for sure.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Everyone !

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Adventuring, socializing. Just being active in a way.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Excitement of the unknown.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Drive me through an exciting adventure and I'll be the happiest player !

Additional Comments: I am fairly new here. I might do technical mistakes, or at least be clumsy. Feel free to correct me, or tell me if I do something wrong so I can improve myself and become a better roleplayer.

See you around (;
Frouwenlop
Player

Words: 12398
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2017, 11:25 pm
Character sheet

Postby Jaylani Rae on July 27th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Jaylani Rae

Age, Sex, Race? 22, Female, Mixed Blood

Describe your character in a short abstract? Jaylani is a bit of a free spirit. She remains rather naive of the world, never learned to lie, and has always struggled to integrate herself into society. Though she lacks much, she is a determined and vibrant soul eager to find her place in the world.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinite

How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Animal Doctor

What does your character have to offer Syka? Though naive and unknowing, Jaylani is vibrant and brings life with her wherever she goes. She is forgiving, loyal, and hard to push away. She is willing to learn whatever anybody is willing to teach her and will help the settlement in anyway that she can.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I do like threading about violence, the action of it is a bit of a challenge for me but I enjoy a good challenge.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I do, but Jaylani is not a character who is yet interested in these things.

Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members? Not at the moment.

Do you like social threads?  Why or why not? Yes, very much so. Social threads are a great way of getting to know people and since Lani is rather awkward socially I suspect that these types of threads will be great fun.

What does your character want to learn this season? She wants to explore Syka, see what is out there and learn as much as she can as well as progress in skills that will be helpful to the settlement.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Anybody willing to put up with her.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I want to see some growth for her in all areas and really get a handle on her character.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? The setting, the theme, the idea of growing with a city instead of in a city.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Nothing at the moment that I know of.

Additional Comments: Hello everyone! I’m excited to get started here in Syka and get Jaylani settled. I’m happy to thread with anyone, so toss me a pm if you’re interested :)

Last edited by Jaylani Rae on August 17th, 2017, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaylani Rae
Player

Words: 119464
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2017, 2:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Theo Popcampio on July 28th, 2017, 1:26 pm

I can't help it, fire's just that fun.

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Theo Popcampio
Age, Sex, Race? 26/27, Male, Human
Describe your character in a short abstract? Theo's a jovial (and albeit a bit juvenile) soul on a hunt to uncover the mysteries of his past. In the meantime, he makes his living as a mercenary. An expert with his blade and reimancy, he's a formidable opponent in a fight.
How long are you planning to stay? For the short term, do not know about a long stay.
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Mercenary
What does your character have to offer Syka? Theo can help keep Syka safe against the terrors of the jungle. His antics also promise that there will never a boring time to be had.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? It's only my favorite thing. I like action a lot.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Yes, it's interesting to see how two characters mix together on intimate levels.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Nope.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Sure, a good writer can work in a lot of subtleties to make a simple "meet-n'-greet" into something so much more.
What does your character want to learn this season? Fighting skills and working on a lead about his past.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Nya!
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I would like to see Theo break the expert threshold in reimancy and longsword and possibly level up his spiritism as well. More importantly, I want Theo to mature a bit this season and get some toughening up. Also, dog companion possibly?
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Fresh start with an exciting and dangerous face.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I really like the whole themes of the season thing you got going on Goss, and I like that you reward people for participating. I'd love to see Theo challenged in the typical RPG sense. I'm a cheese for all those D&D cliches (riddles, fighting monsters, exploring ruins), and it fits really well with his character.

Additional Comments: Feel free to reach out, I'm always receptive to thread ideas and like meeting new people on here.
All my templates were made by the grace of the enchanting Aislyn Leavold.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Words: 212275
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 4:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext