The Calendar of Events For Summer 517 In Riverfall!

This Summer will be a long emotional one. We hope you enjoy!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Ball on June 25th, 2017, 6:00 pm

Racial Unbias

The Sakel alters a PC's race for one day. They gain all the benefits of that race and loose their own racial traits. (Single use event)
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on June 26th, 2017, 6:49 am

Because I'm enjoying these a little too much, I'll be starting up this one (hopefully) in the next 24 hours or so:
The Sakel assumes the form of the PC and commits a act which is considered a crime in Riverfall in the name of that PC who's form its borrowing. Please note. PCs can also try to commit crimes and pass themselves off as Sakel if they so desire. (Multiple use event)

Proving innocence investigation go, go, go!

Edit: 65th Summer [Sakel City Event][Zhongjie Warren] Double Act
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kavala on June 26th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Its a healing date then an impromptu party with Svefra on the beach that the Sakel can come mess with. There's Fire Dancing if anyone is interested.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valour Skyglow on June 28th, 2017, 10:58 am

Valour Skyglow

Within the next few hours, I wanted to have Valour roleplay with this topic:
A monster or wild animal a person fears greatly comes to life and stalks them. These Sakel forms appear real and can be killed once the form has manifested and been identified. The form dying does not kill the Sakel of course. It survives to create more mischief another day. (This event can be used multiple times.)

She will basically be strolling through Semele park in attempt to gain some inspiration, and a Talderan Sabretooth will appear to be nestled inside a bush,
She'd feel immediate shock, and the events that play out would start from there.
Valour Skyglow
Player

Words: 53050
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2017, 11:50 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Orin Fenix on July 4th, 2017, 7:03 am

Hey everyone!

Taking a stab at the Sakel with this prompt:
The Sakel manifests a deceased loved one or enemy and places it in confrontation with the PC's life. (Multiple use event)

[The Sakel] Don't Forgive Me, Father

Basically, Orin has daddy issues. If anyone wants to help him resolve them, or just watch him go a bit crazy, feel free to join.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Saga on July 6th, 2017, 10:32 pm

I will be taking the "Sakel impersonates a God or Goddess."

I thought it'd be cool for Saga to have a romantic interest with Priskil.
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orin Fenix on July 7th, 2017, 1:48 pm

I had a question, and this might have been covered somewhere and I just missed it, so I'm sorry if that's the case. But the Sakel are feeding off of everyone in the city, correct? So, how aware are the regular citizens that something is up? And is that awareness something that would grow as the season progresses? Also, by that same token, will PCs eventually realize that something's up/
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on July 9th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Hi friends! I'm claiming this prompt:

The Sakel removes one sense (touch, taste, sight, smell, hearing, etc) for an entire day. (Single use event)

Orin's going to lose his sense of taste on Feastday and, well, go a bit mad as a result. He's standing on the street basically assaulting people trying to get them to taste his food for him. The thread is here. You can feel free to stay as long or as little as you like, stop by and eat a pastry and then leave, or stick around and maybe even help Orin cook something else. Entirely up to you! I might do a flexible post order here, depending on how many people join.

In other news, I think the Sakel plots we currently have are excellent! I actually read through them all last night and it was thrilling. But it's getting close to the halfway point in the season and we haven't managed to get through half of the Sakel prompts yet. I think it would be great if we as a whole could manage to use all of the prompts at least once during the season, since it seems a same for Goss to have come up with them and us to not take advantage of it. By my count, we have yet to see anyone use 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 14 and 15. Just a thought, but maybe next time you're trying to come up with a thread idea you could consider one of those.

Keep on writing, y'all!
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Syllyssandevanna on July 23rd, 2017, 11:58 pm

1. A monster or wild animal a person fears greatly comes to life and stalks them. These Sakel forms appear real and can be killed once the form has manifested and been identified. The form dying does not kill the Sakel of course. It survives to create more mischief another day. (This event can be used multiple times.)

Summer 13 - Wisps and Tusks

What better place to have Sakel running around in beast form, than the menagerie? (and spill over into neighboring areas).

Last edited by Syllyssandevanna on July 24th, 2017, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syllyssandevanna
Player

Words: 11085
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2017, 3:25 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Syllyssandevanna on July 24th, 2017, 2:22 am

2. The Sakel recreates a PC's past life incarnation. Other PCs can join in this incarnation and live for a while in this existence until they figure out how to escape. (Multiple use event)

Summer 53 - A Sky Unseen

Exploring a past life. Basically people that had been underground in a cave from the Valterrian are just now venturing topside. According to the Lore, these are the 3rd generation of people from the caves. Should be exciting!

Syllyssandevanna
Player

Words: 11085
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2017, 3:25 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

PreviousNext