OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

For all Syka's OOC Chatter, Announcements, and Q&A.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

Postby Gossamer on June 19th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Hi Folks...

I'd like to put those areas in that were submitted over the weekend. I do need some minor changes to a few. I talked to Tailyn about Devil Fish Lab already (we don't have devils, angels, demons) in miz. I'd really like Caiyha's Harbor to change to Caiyha's Arbor... which makes more sense to me? The Glade is fine but it needs a grammar punctuation check.. and it would be nice to have some sort of The ______ Glade instead of just The Glade because there are a lot of glades in MIz and it would be nice to be distinctive.

When you are ready to put them in just post them here and I'll get them in the game and on the linkmap.

Anyone have anything else to add? Azol and The Playground is fine as they are... I'll put that one in and credit it when the others are ready to go.

Thanks!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Okara on June 20th, 2018, 11:20 pm

Caiyha’s Arbor

Deep in the heart of the Maw grows an enormous ebony tree called Caiyha’s Arbor. The tree serves as Caiyha’s hidden shrine within the Maw and can only be stumbled upon by those who bear no ill will towards the goddess’s dominion. Individuals who wish harm or show irreverence for the jungle will be unable to find the shrine and pass by unseeing. While the tree is huge it shows no other outwardly visible signs of being a sacred place.

If a person who is able to find the shrine walks within twenty feet of the tree they will be granted the nature goddess’s boon of safety. No violence will befall visitors of the shrine so long as they stay within the magical perimeter and they will be unable to be violent to others, even if those others are located outside of the shrine’s influence. As soon as they enter within the influence of the shrine they will feel a sense of calm and peace wash over their being. The sense of peace extends beyond just a person’s actions and those with troubled heart or mind will find themselves relieved of their burdens temporarily under the Arbor.

Shortly after a visitor finds the shrine they will be greeted by the shrine’s keeper, a Jamoura named Brosh who lives above in the branches. Brosh will allow visitors to remain under the safety of Caihya’s Arbor for a single night before bidding them a firm farewell in the morning. Brosh may offer fruit from the forest and rough directions within the Maw to visitors who show respect to the shrine. An offering to Caiyha may yield more helpful information about whatever adventure has led them into the depths of the Maw. Outside of responding to direct questions, the reserved Jamoura keeps to himself when the rare visitor is present and sleeps in the leafy canopy at night.

When visitors leave the Arbor and pass beyond the influence of the shrine’s power they will again be at risk of the dangers of the Maw. They will feel the desire to keep the shrine’s existence secret in honor of the safety that Caiyha granted them.

NPC
Name: Brosh
Race: Jamoura
DoB: Fall 42, 151
PoB: The Spires
Title: Keeper of Caiyha’s Arbor
Skills:Wilderness Survival 70, Botany 60, Unarmed 55, Land Navigation, 50 Meditation 40
Gnosis: Caiyha 1 (Tropical Forest)

Brosh is a quiet, thoughtful male who speaks with respect to all but does not seek out the company of others. He was born in the Spires and like most Jamoura he feels a deep respect for the natural world around him and the goddess who watches over it. Growing up, Brosh spent the majority of his time exploring the Talderan forests and learning how the web of life connected together. When he came to adulthood Caiyha offered him the opportunity to do her work and gave him her mark, sending him to Falyndar to look after the jungles there. He settled in the Maw and the goddess granted him the Arbor to look after as he set about the endless task of bringing back balance to nature around the ancient ruins.

Okara
Great stories start with humble beginnings.

Words: 218993
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2016, 12:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jace on June 26th, 2018, 5:12 am

I just posted an open thread in Syka, so if anyone wants to join feel free. Not really sure where it’s going just yet, but it’s in the outer edge of the jungle at night right now

There's Nothing Like the Whisper of Shadows

Jace
Player

Words: 38770
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2018, 2:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on June 28th, 2018, 4:33 am

Don't forget to post in the QUEST. PLEASE.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 8th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Hello Folks!

I wanted to check in with you all and make sure everyone's having fun. I'm going to be posting to both quests today moving them forward. I also wanted to let you know that I finished Kreig's Gnosis quest and am ready to take on another one. I'd like to offer that to Sykian's first. So if you'd like to do a gnosis quest with me, just let me know. I'd like it to be someone who's been around and active quite a while, rather than a new character with just a few posts. If you are looking for a first gnosis mark, there's no restrictions. However, second marks and upwards require a few prominent prerequisites to be met. Below I've quoted the major parts of that requirement.

Here's a quote from the Gnosis page in the wiki.

Characters can start with a Gnosis Mark by acquiring Help Desk approval. They can also receive unlimited level 1 gnosis marks throughout the course of their adventures. However, when they get their first mark, they should spend on average one year in real time before acquiring a second mark by the same deity and have approximately ten threads in which they show reverence to their deity and demonstrate their faith. However, feel free to contact the Help Desk for advice if a PC falls under special circumstances such as being a part of epic quests or lengthy threads involving the god in question. Gnosis marks are incredibly powerful tools. We don't wish to hinder a characters ability to develop faith in a God or Goddess, but we want the relationship to build over time and be tried and tested. Level three marks should take an additional year and require help desk approval before a thread is started to receive one. The same is true for a fourth mark. There exists, as in all things, special circumstances. Please feel free to seek the Help Desk if you have questions or concerns.

So if you are interested, please feel free to PM me and let me know what you want. :)

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jei on July 12th, 2018, 4:45 am

Just saying hi. Jei's here.
Jei
"Dance the edge of death..."

Words: 23497
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2018, 9:31 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anais Seawind on July 12th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Hi! Welcome to Syka. :) Don't eat us, there aren't enough of us to spare!
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.
Anais Seawind
Player

Words: 129187
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Jei on July 12th, 2018, 3:28 pm

I won't! But if you ever need a surefire way to get rid of the bodies of Invaders................
Jei
"Dance the edge of death..."

Words: 23497
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2018, 9:31 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anais Seawind on July 12th, 2018, 6:56 pm

I'll keep you in mind. After I've IC met you. Be a bit odd to walk up to a random person in the settlement and ask if they'd like to eat a body or two. Might get me thrown out. :P
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.
Anais Seawind
Player

Words: 129187
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Sophia Sunshore on July 12th, 2018, 9:06 pm

I suppose I should say hi too :)
NOTE: During the Fall Sophia is a Dhani, specifically a golden eyelash viper. See here for more detailed info.
Sophia Sunshore
Plant Lady

Words: 193757
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1)

PreviousNext