Completed The Song of Water (Kelski)

Once again, Kelski and Kynier meet by happenstance.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Song of Water (Kelski) post #16

Postby Kynier on August 5th, 2018, 12:06 am

Kynier turned and watched the side of Kelski’s head when she watched the strange colored chicken go down the stairs. Her hair prevented him from getting a view of her expression. From the way her words came to a stop, without an actual conclusion, he suspected Kelski was surprised to find that he possessed a chicken. “By circumstance. There was an old man selling eggs out by the Slag Heap. He said that her name was Laurie, and that she allegedly laid magic eggs. Though she never did for the old man. Not long after there was a fight. One that grew into a mob that fell into a wild frenzy.” He paused in his step and looked over his shoulder to Kelski, “If you ask me publicly if I had any part in starting the initial fight my answer is no. But that’s not the truth of it.” If she wanted to know more about the fight she would need to ask. “When I got to the fringe of the mob, Laurie was roaming free. The old man had been killed during the frenzy and his chickens had scattered. Turns out, she does lay magic eggs. Or at least, she’s laid one. The rest of the eggs make for a nice breakfast.”

When Kelski inquired about the instrument he paused and stared at it. Kynier’s gaze adopted that inward stare that lingered for several ticks after the kelvic’s question. “I uh…” he cleared his throat to remove whatever obstruction had weakened his voice suddenly. “No, not really.” The instrument was a silent reminder to him and often he paid no attention to it. Kynier met Kelski’s gaze. “My mother used to play that instrument. Not that one in particular. I just… I suppose I got it so that I could have some sort of reminder of her.” Kynier lowered his eyes, “As more time passes, it gets harder to remember her.” What he remembered best about his mother was her music. The gentle melodies that would echo in the night, lulling him to sleep as he desperately tried to stay awake and hear the whole song. In rare moments during times that he was alone, Kynier caught himself humming a few of those songs to himself.

As he watched Kelski’s reaction to his drawing he was pleased. Apart from Tove, no one else had seen it. Kelski’s struggle against her own tactile nature was its own form or entertainment. Kynier neither laughed, nor chuckled. The only indication of his amusement was a slightly wider smile. But she recognized the woman in the sketch. It was a two-fold surprise. The first was that she knew the woman. The second being that Kynier had done well enough to make her recognizable. He listened to her other compliments as well as her question.

“In truth, I don’t know her well. At the time I was solely working on drawing the environment. There were other people present and none of them captured my artistic interest. Tove though, struck at my inspiration. The way she moved as well as that look in her eyes. It was a grace I’ve seen very few people possess. Without her knowing I started to draw her. When she noticed I invited her over to see. Like you she was impressed. We talked for a little while after that and she continued to pose for me. Am I friends with her? She’s nice enough but it’s hard to say at this point.”

Abruptly Kelski turned and cupped the side of his jaw. Though her face was partially masked by ombre strands, Kynier could read all the expression in the molten silver eye that he could see. He listened to everything she said without interruption. How she was jealous of the chicken and a stranger he had met once. It warmed his heart that Kelski sought his companionship the same way he desired hers. Then her admission to wanting to be his friend, and having him. It struck him thoughtless. The way she said it, made him sound like an addiction. What staggered him most was her offer of her own body. It would be a lie to say that thought hadn’t crossed his mind, and sometimes stopped to linger. Even as he stood there he felt a warm flush in his cheeks as his heartbeat increased. First, he needed to clarify a misconception that the Reimancer had caused.

“Of course Farris would say that,” he said taking a step closer to her. “Magic is the one thing he has to devote to. To some, perhaps even most mages, the pursuit of greater power and greater knowledge with their magic fuels them above all other desires. But for me…” he made a thoughtful sigh. How could he describe something that he never considered until now? “Magic is a part of me, Kelski. I do not view it as an existential entity to be pursued or obtained. It is like my hands, or arms, or legs. It’s a part of my being and if you take it from me and I won’t feel whole. But it is something I seek to improve. To be better at. Unlike Farris, it is not something I place above all others.”

Kynier furrowed his brow in thought. Questioning the quality of his explanation. This was something he truly wanted her to understand and didn’t want to cause any obscurity. Then an idea came to him. “Would you place the value of your wings above all other things Kelski?” he asked bringing his gaze to hers. “They are what make you unique from almost everyone else. You can do things others may never replicate with them. Do you sometimes strive to fly higher? Faster? Farther? Should they be taken away from you, do you think you could continue to live?” He paused to allow her to think on it for a moment. Then he spoke again to really make his view clear. “Magic to me, is the equivalent of your wings to you. If I was of a similar disposition to Farris, I would’ve stayed with Bourin and never come to Sunberth.”

Kynier wasn’t sure if he could express it any better than that. He did seek knowledge, and to increase his power, but he was cautious about it. Every precaution he could think of would be taken before he made an experimentation. Living in Sunberth punctuated the necessity of it. And Kynier would only utilize more precautions at the Midnight Gem. It would be a home to others as well as himself. One he didn’t want to ruin.

“As for the other matter,” he said as a hand pulled the mask of hair away from her face to fall behind her shoulder. “Women like Tove may be nice, and they may even have an allure, but they are not the ones that have taken my interest.” The hand that had relocated her hair had lingered near the kelvic’s ear. It gently cupped the nape of her neck as Kynier stepped forward to close the remaining distance between them. His eyes lowered from hers to her dark lips on his approach and closed when his own made contact with them. Though his passion sought to surge through him Kynier kept the kiss soft. Tasting the softness of the woman before him.

When he pulled away his brow rested against hers, and his face less than an inch away. He spoke softly in Makath, “It is you. And no other.” Again he neutralized the space between them. His other hand coming around to press against her lower back, pulling her body against his. Elation ran through him starting at the mouth. When it reached the space between his shoulder blades he felt a small vibrancy pulse through it. When the kiss ended he did not withdraw from her. “The space here is empty. I want to live, with you. So yes, this is what I want to do.”

Word Count: 1,331

Boxcode credit goes to Gossamer!
Kynier
Player

Words: 1156083
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2018 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

The Song of Water (Kelski)

Postby Kelski on August 5th, 2018, 5:00 am

He had shared so much of himself with her today. Seeing his home spoke volumes and the fact that he let her look her fill without interrupting or trying to explain things except when she asked meant a lot. “I hope someday you learn to play that instrument. I think music is important and beautiful. Having some music around would really make people feel better, lighten their hearts, and soothe their souls.” She didn’t add she thought he would be good at it. The way he spoke, the thoughtfulness of his mannerism, and the way he moved told her he’d be good at music as well.

There was time to urge him to do so later though. And though she didn’t ask about Tove, Kynier’s explanation about her was appreciated. Kelski would never pry and directly ask his relationship to the other Kelvic. She was far to polite and respectful of humans and their choices of relationships than she tended to let on. It was Kynier’s business and not her own. But that he volunteered the information was so very appreciated. “Tove is a lovely person. We are friends of a sort. We once picnicked in the Isle Park at the wading pool and talked long into the day. I like her a great deal and would like to spend more time with her. She is young though and thinks I am old.” Kelski said, smiling slightly. “I can see how that tavern would be a good place to draw…” She nodded, knowing what he meant.

Then things progressed and it took Kelski a while to realize she’d said everything she’d been thinking out loud. And while she could have cursed herself for doing so, part of her was glad Kynier knew her thoughts. She understood he was often puzzled by her behavior or the things she said. But Kelvics were not human and they missed out on the games of subtlety that humans often played.

She took liberties and touched him and Kynier let her. And as he moved closer to her, crowding up into her space in a way she dearly loved, he cleared up some things about Farris. Kelski listened carefully and quietly, watching the expression on his face and listening to his words. His example of wings was a perfect analogy and she understood immediately what he was saying. “I understand what your saying, Kynier. Thank you for explaining it to me. Farris doesn’t handle magic like you do. He has a wild recklessness in him that comes out and hurts him because he does too much.” Kelski said softly, worried about her friend and questioning his motives. She had no idea at that point in time how right her words would prove to be later in that season.

Kelski nodded. What Kynier said about Farris staying with his master made sense. “I suspect hes here for another reason. I just don’t know what it is.” The Kelvic said sincerely, looking thoughtful but not knowing what Farris’ reasonings for being in Sunberth actually were. “I don’t know about the place he was from, but isn’t anywhere more welcoming than Sunberth?” The Kelvic said with a small smile and met his gaze as he pulled her hair out of her eyes and changed the subject abruptly.

Her heart stilled for a moment when he mentioned Tove but then started beating again when he said she wasn’t the type or women like her weren’t that caught his interest. She loved it when he buried his hand in her hair and cupped her head at the nape of her neck. Would he even understand how that affected her? He moved closer and so did she as he bent his head and took her lips with his own. He had been the first one that had ever kissed her and she rather thought he would be the only one that ever did. Someday she would tell him that he was the only one that had ever kissed her, but somehow his firm lips against hers drove the thoughts of other men and memories out of her mind. The world narrowed down to just him and his touch. He tasted like the richest spice mixed with twilight as if he always had one foot in the darkness and one in the light. Kelski loved the flavor and wanted more and more of it.

Kynier made her feel like her life before this moment wasn’t important and nothing after this moment would be important without him in it. Her own hands came up and cupped his hips to slide around them and draw her hands up his back. Kynier was so much taller and stronger than she was. Her thin form felt delicate surrounded by him and being kissed by him. But somehow, he made her feel like she was more than she actually was beside him. Stronger. Kelski smiled into his kiss, feeling warmth burn in her belly and fire up her spine. She truthfully didn’t understand passion in the way of two bodies coming together, not truly, but he was slowly introducing it to her carefully and gently in a way that she always wanted more rather than being left scared by there being too much.

“Will you kiss me like that sometimes? Maybe every day?” Kelski asked with quiet hopefulness, her hand lingering over the covered triangle between his shoulder blades. Then she leaned in again and took his lower lip in her teeth gently, tugging at it slowly before running her tongue across his lower lip. “You taste like something I cannot describe….” She whispered against his lips, her eyes wide open and looking up into his as she tasted him again. The close proximity made her eyes look huge and her silver gaze almost innocent as she watched him through her thick lashes. He could read her eyes intimately this close. Wonder. Surprise. Hope. And as he’d suspected before; Fascination. Then she twisted her head and ran her teeth along his jawline, nibbling as she did so before she caught his ear . Her actions almost caused him to miss the final thing he read in her gaze; Love. He held the Kelvic’s heart in his hands and she truthfully made no secret about it.

She toyed with his ear a moment, bright white teeth tugging at and nuzzling the lobe before she stepped back and shook her head as if to get certain thoughts out of her mind. Her hands lingered on his back then dropped to his hips as she stepped back to study him. “We can’t carry all this stuff as far as The Gem. We have room for it there, but we’ll need to hire a wagon. Would you like me to go find one? I know of a service that is close to here were we can order one. If I come back with it we can load up and have you at The Gem in a few bells. We are only a few streets over from the main road headed west and east right? She asked, not certain of the direction but sure of his building’s vague location.

Kelski hoped he didn’t mind the abrupt change of subject. Sometimes, even being too near him made her feel like she was losing some sort of control she wasn’t certain she’d ever had. Taking a step back helped clear her head and got her thinking again instead of feeling and wanting, even though she kept her hands on his hips.

And want she did. Kelski wanted to continue what they were doing here in the quiet of his home… but she wanted him in The Midnight Gem, under their roof together, and honestly all alone and with all the time in the world to speak more. Memories made in a place she might never see again didn’t seem right. He’d described his place as empty and quiet. And if she was going to tell him outrageous thoughts and touch him in outrageous ways. She wanted to do it someplace she could go back to and remember. It felt like a dream to have him agree to join her. It felt like a really good dream whereas Kelski’s world had been a series of horrible nightmares. Maybe that was about to change… “Lets get moving… I’ve said too much… done too much. And I know that The Gem will finally feel like a complete home with you there.” She said gently, stepping back from him and breaking off her touch, even though she didn’t want to.

Count: 1433
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kynier on August 6th, 2018, 8:29 pm

When she captured his lip between her teeth he emitted a playful chuckle. Quickly she released him and traced her tongue over his lips. Lips that had tried to gently snare her tongue only to fail. Large silver eyes swallowed him whole like a portal to the void. Instead of the cold abyss they were a sea of affection and wonder. Just before she squirmed around his jaw to nip at his ear he saw that gaze in her eyes. His nose settled close to her ear and she could hear him take a deep whiff of her hair. Then whispered in her ear, “Must I refrain myself to ‘maybe everyday’?” Kynier reciprocated her affection by suckling on the rim of her ear. That was until she withdrew from him and gave her head a shake.

Hiring a wagon was a good idea. Most of what he would move could fit in the large chest, but that would make it extremely heavy. Heavier than what they could comfortably carry together across half the city. Though Kelski seemed full of a sort of energy today. Kynier’s body sighed inwardly as she stepped away from him, almost pleading to move yet again as she had at the Midnight Gem. When contact with her ended she felt too far away, and he didn’t like it. But she was excited of the prospect. So was he, though he also felt anxious about it. He didn’t want to fall short in this amazing woman’s eyes. When she looked at him and smiled in that way it made him feel… more.

It tortured him to do so, but he looked about the room. “Getting a wagon would be best if we’re to finish by the day’s end.” Kynier stepped over to kneel by the chest and unlocked it with a key. Flipping the lid open there were several coin pouches all set one side, as well as several daggers and even a longsword. A few scraps of paper rested on the bottom and were covered by a seashell, a feather, and a cloth that had been wrapped around a collar. Kynier took out a small pouch that was full of gold mizzas. He didn’t know how much it cost to hire a wagon, but the contents should contain more than enough. Before he closed the lid his sight fell on the dark and light feather and he took it out gingerly by the tip.

When he stood and faced Kelski again he held out the pouch of gold. “This should cover the expense of the wagon. We shouldn’t need a large one. I can sell most of the furniture. Well, all of it actually. We just need to get my possessions together and dismantle Laurie’s coup. Would you be comfortable going to get the wagon yourself? While you do that I can start getting everything together and hopefully be ready to load it straight on the wagon when you get back. Tomorrow I can arrange the sale of what’s left.”

After Kelski answered he raised the feather he held more into view as he looked down on it. It was the one she had left for him at the No Man’s Land during the spring. Kynier loved the sight of it and hadn’t seen another feather of its quality until Akajia bestowed on him the Mighy Quill. The way the feather was dark in the middle and turned to a silvery gray as it spanned to the edge. “I have had a thought for nearly a season which has lacked certainty. My thought,” he said raising his eyes to hers again, “was that this was your feather. I’ve never seen you change into the sea eagle. So I have only been able to speculate.” Kynier’s eyes dropped to her dark lips again and immediately rose back up to her eyes. The Favored Nightstalker was intoxicating to touch and taste. Kynier’s body craved more and he had to will himself to not reach in to steal another kiss. “It doesn’t have to be today, but at some point, I would like to see that other side of you. Though this form of yours is beautiful, Kelski, it is not all that you are. And like many mysteries of this world, I am drawn to learn all that I can about you.”

The words felt foolish once he finished. The other voice even groaned in the back of his mind.

Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kelski on August 7th, 2018, 1:52 am

Kelski watched curiously as he flipped the lid of his chest up. She viewed the contents and her breath caught as she recognized several items. She brought her hand up to her mouth, covering it lightly, her eyes growing wide a moment as her mind raced back. Kelski had been owned, unable to see Kynier whenever she wanted too, and had instead kept in contact with him through the barkeeper at No Man’s Land. Seashells, feathers, small penned messages…. It was all a slave with nothing could offer. Her last gift had been her slave collar. The collar made her blood chill a moment, hating the thing, but remembering she’d sent it to him because she’d wanted him to know that it no longer graced her neck. It must have been the strangest courtship ever, Kelski thought, as she studied all her gifts to him. And it touched her that the man valued them enough to keep them, though in truth they were valueless. She lived in a shop full of gemstones surrounded by jewelry of the highest quality, and yet he treated the things she’d sent him on par with those things even though they were nothing.

It took her a moment to look up at him and realize he held out a pouch of gold to her. She blinked once, then twice, then gave herself a small shake and took the coins from him. She glanced back at the chest a moment and shook her head. “You kept the things I sent you.” There was something in her eyes that was completely unreadable, but it made them glimmer predatorily. It wasn’t an accusation and it wasn’t a question. It was just a verbal manifestation of what she was thinking as she nodded, felt the pouch in her hand, and knew it would be enough. Kelski was good with shipments, both making them and receiving them. She’d had to be in regards to her business.

Kynier had a plan. That was good. Kelski was still trying to get her brain function back after seeing the items at the bottom of his chest. And so she nodded, agreeing completely to what he was saying without exactly hearing all of it. “Yes, that will work. I’ll go get a wagon.” Get a wagon. Go get a wagon you silly bird. She started to move, to leave, but he bent and picked up the feather she’d left him. It was one of her primary wing pinons. She molted every spring and it was the last one to fall, but it fell perfectly and she hadn’t wanted to leave it lay.

She nodded slowly at his words, her eyes wide again, afraid of what he’d say. A million harsh ugly words of things she’d been called as a slave trailed through her mind, namely because raptors made such poor slaves with their headstrong willful independence. She was afraid that he was going to say he could ignore that she was Kelvic, or that he was sorry she was only a bird. Little bird. Darvin’s ugly nickname had haunted her… as if it mocked all the things she couldn’t do. Not Kynier… she silently begged. Please don’t let him be disappointed either.

But then the meaning of those words washed over her and she grew still in that way she assumed when she was stunned or afraid.

The Sea Eagle trembled a little, not because he called her beautiful, though that was something she would cherish close in the days that followed. She trembled because she was very much afraid he wouldn’t find her beautiful as a bird. She was big with a seven-foot wingspan as an eagle. Her pale form with its silver and black wings wasn’t unusual. Other eagles were colored as she was. But it was so inhuman, shifting to an eagle and having a human form as well.

“It is my feather. And I will show you myself as a Sea Eagle.” The worlds slipped from her mouth, and she wished she could pull them back. But she meant it. Herself as a Sea Eagle. Not that the Sea Eagle was separate. They were one in the same. But will you accept it? Will you …. a thousand negative thoughts coursed through her mind until she shook her head and banished them. Fear had no place in her mind… not this unjustified fear.

And when she hushed her mind and its negative thoughts, she heard the rest of what he said. That he wanted to learn about her. That he was drawn to do so. She understood the feeling as a similar urge resonated through her. She needed, like a compulsion, to learn about him. This visit had been absolutely essential in her mind. Slowly, she nodded, responding to his words and offered him at last an emotion. It was pride.

“My wings are as much a part of me as my hands.” She didn’t ask him to accept it, but she was glad he wanted to see them. The sooner the better… because maybe seeing her as she really was would clear some things up for him and understanding could be better between them. Kelski had to remind herself that this man was Akajia’s marked. She had to trust him. He wasn’t like the others. And that when he said such things, such lovely things, he had to mean them.

So, she offered him a smile, nodded, and promised to be right back. Taking the coin, she fled down the stairs and quietly out his front door. Looking around, she set off in the general direction of the main road and before long wove her way out of the residential area and onto a main thoroughfare. Within just a few chimes, she had a wagon hired with use of it and its driver for the whole of the afternoon. Usually such things weren’t readily available in Sunberth, but Kelski had gotten lucky with a wagoneer that had made a delivery and was free for the rest of the day. Kelski quickly negotiated with him, and they retraced her steps to pull up at Kynier’s building about thirty chimes later.

Kelski hopped off, slipped back in the door while the wagon was waiting, and quickly hurried upstairs. “I have a wagon waiting downstairs.” She said gently. “He will wait a while so we have time to finish packing.” Then together the two of them continued packing and sorting through everything he wanted to keep and everything that could stay. Kelski couldn’t imagine owning so much stuff before she bought The Midnight Gem. It held so many things now but she had arrived at its doorstep with just borrowed clothes and her own coveted boots. Leaning in the doorway, she watched Kynier say goodbye to his old life and marveled yet again that she’d talked him into joining her in a new one.

Next the coup was dismantled and Kelski carefully crated the chicken for the trip across town. Truthfully the funny looking chicken was a lovely creature and if Kynier wanted to keep it in the house she was more than fine with it. And while she liked to eat chicken, preying on street birds as much as she did salmon, Kelski vowed to never harm the fowl as long as the creature made Kynier happy.

They managed to wrangle the chest downstairs and out into the wagon along with a few other things and then took the short trip across town back to the shop where they wrestled it upstairs and set it in the Master Suite at the foot of the bed. Kelski opened the wardrobe and removed the dozens of hangers from her own wardrobe so he would have something to hang his clothing on. She truthfully did not have much, a situation she’d hoped to rectify with Aer’wyn who’d promised to take her shopping.

Kelski had settled Laurie with Goldie and her small flock of normal hens, and had then helped Kynier move his stuff into the master suite.

The chest looked alien in the big room. She liked it there. And marveled that they’d come back full circle to where they’d started earlier in the day. The Kelvic had returned the unused portion of gold to Kynier and then had sat quietly watching him arrange his things. She had a small office downstairs for the business, but most of her books she did up in her room. But she cleaned out the desk anyhow, laying the bookkeeping materials on the floor near the door and gestured to the desk. “Maybe your map would fit here… it has a nice light and you can use the shelf above to store your books that you make notes in.” She offered, gathering up the bookkeeping materials and running them downstairs briefly to the small office.

When she returned she settled on the edge of the bed to continue watching him unpack. She desperately wanted him to be happy here, wanted him to feel like it was a home, and had no idea how to ease him into it or if such a thing was required at all. The truth was she was tired, felt dirty from the packing and moving, and wanted a bath.

Would he want one?

Kelski rose quietly as Kynier was hanging the last of his clothing and wandered into the bathing chamber. Her tub was enormous. She’d purchased it that way because with only one roof cistern, it meant that sometimes all the Kelvics had to bathe together to get hot water in the winter. But the forethought was paying off. Kelski formed a plan and after a few moments inside, she walked past Kynier once to fill the huge kettle with water from the balcony spicket and hung it on the hearth to heat after lighting the fire there. They would need it after the water grew tepid. But for now, the Kelvic decided she’d do for the Nightstalker what she’d not done for anyone else. She’d care for him. The roof cistern was full if no one had used the water for their baths, and so she returned to the bathing chamber opened the spicket and carefully drained the hot water into the bath. Then she added some salts and laid out towels and some soaps and creams that were used on hair.

Then she stripped off her clothing and walked to the doorway between the bathing chamber and the master bedroom, and studied the man who seemingly had finished and was just looking around as if asking himself what else needed to be settled.

“Kynier.” She said softly, drawing his attention. “I have a bath drawn. The tub is plenty big for more than one person. Will you let me …. “ How did she put it? Kelski struggled for the right word. She wanted to take care of him… wash his skin and his hair… make him feel relaxed and at home. It would give her a chance to touch him, anywhere she wanted to with the excuse that she was there for a reason. And even though the reason was that she wanted to see him as she’d seen his place today - unfettered and uninterrupted - as slowly and gently as she wanted too. She wanted to make him feel good, relax him, and do everything she could to keep him now that she had him here.

“I want to take care of you… at least just this once.” She whispered, her eyes wide and uncertain. She wasn’t uncertain of her course of action but uncertain as to his reaction to her request. He was so strong, so independent. He was a man used to being on his own. This was a lot for him all at once and Kelski realized that. But she had needs too, and now that he was here she had the burning need to make him comfortable and to serve him. She thought if he would just let her, this once, it would ease off and give them both breathing room.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kynier on August 7th, 2018, 6:15 pm

It was difficult to gage her reaction. It seemed to alternate between surprise, concern, and fear. Never settling on one longer than another. But Kynier listened to her words, as well as how she had put them. Already he had been slow to learn that kelvics were not just one form and another. It wasn’t like a discipline he had vaguely heard of, morphing, where someone is one thing then became the next. Kelvics were two pieces blurred into one and were always both. Kelski was Kelski. A sea eagle in human form. This shape was what he could converse with, hold, and show affection too. Her words clarified that this was not who she truly was.

“I would like that very much,” he said softly with a wide smile. Kelski returned the smile and went to retrieve the cart. The speed at which she had gone down the stairs and out the door, you would think the building was on fire. She would not be long and there was much to do even though there was so little. Kynier raised the chest up onto the bed and began running around. Without removing anything from the bottom he set all his clothing on top. Next he set the hautbois down along the side. Rolled up the map and slid it over the instrument. Set the couple of books he had down. Then the artisan’s kit, the sketching with Tove, the unmelting ice egg, and all the other small items he had.

There was space for more in the chest. Kynier reflected on his existence and how it all could fit within a single chest while others managed to fill homes. If he wasn’t about to leave it behind it would’ve brought him sorrow. Kynier went downstairs and looked through everything one last time. Nothing had been missed. So he went upstairs and shut the chest and locked it shut.

“So you’re leaving young one,” Nurxan stated. “To stay with the Favored.” There was no hint of approval or disappointment in the shadow’s speech. But Kynier looked up at the creature as it remained perched on the ceiling of the bedroom.

“I am,” he answered. He was. This morning he would’ve scoffed had Tanroa appeared and told him this was where the River would take him today. “I appreciate the lessons you’ve given, and the stories you’ve shared Nurxan.”

The shadow seemed to chuckle. “Don’t lose yourself to the whims of others Nightstalker. Your caution is well placed and will continue to serve you well, should you let it.”

Not long after, Kelski came running back up the stairs claiming she already had a wagon waiting outside. It was as though Akajia or even Lhex were setting their hands on the two of them today, to manage a wagon so quickly. With Kelski’s help they managed to get the chest down to the wagon without incident. Afterwards all that was left was the chicken coup which took only a fifth of the time to disassemble than it had for its construction. Once all the markings of his existence in the Sunset Quarters had been placed in the wagon, Kynier stood in the doorway and examined the empty apartment. Though not truly empty. The shadows, even Nurxan, had collected on the bottom floor and were chittering their farewells.

“Good-bye,” he muttered in their language. When the door was shut he paused for an instant. What was this feeling? Kynier turned his gaze on her only to feel that radiant warmth in his chest swell to his shoulders. Was this what it felt like to be happy? Every morning he could remember, there was nothing to be happy or excited about. The loss of his parents. The stoicism of his instructor. The constant evasion of prejudice. Those things had beaten him down and shaped him. Then Kelski came with nothing but her smiles and understanding. Somehow, that had been enough.

The ride in the wagon had been brief but it was something Kynier would always remember. Kelski had sat next to him as close as possible and wrapped her arm around his to take his hand. They did not exchange words and she rested her head against his shoulder. The wagon came to a stop and they disentangled. First they took the chest up the stairs and set it down at the foot of the bed. Somehow it suited the location rather well. Then they unloaded the coup from the back of the wagon. Kelski paid the driver his due as Kynier hauled the chicken materials out to the back of the Midnight Gem. By the time he finished getting all that settled, Kelski had already introduced Laurie to the rest of the flock and set off to make accommodations for his things upstairs.

When he next entered the master suite she had already prepared a wardrobe for him and was cleaning out the supplies from the desk. Kynier approached the desk and looked at the shelves next to him. “This will be perfect,” he smiled. Kelski took her shop records downstairs. Kynier would’ve assisted but he was sweating and his hands were rather dirty. So he unlocked the chest and began to take everything out and search for a place to store them. Aidren’s silver book as well as Kynier’s journal on gang activity took their place on the shelf next to the desk. The sketch of Tove, the artisan’s kit, and the ice egg went on the shelf below.

For over a chime he held the hautbois in his hand and searched for a place to keep it. It was a sad reminder of sad facts in his life. As he looked around the master suite he only saw potential of joy and didn’t wish to sully that. So he gently set it back down in the chest and took out all the clothes. He piled them on the bed and snapped the chest shut. While he set the clothes to the wardrobe he heard a water pouring in the next room. When the last of the clothes had been hung he closed the wardrobe and stood at the foot of the bed, looking around at his new… home.
Home. This was not a place to exist but to fill with memories to cherish. He would no longer dwell alone but with others, others that weren’t shadows. A place for conversation instead of internal monologue. A style of living that he never had before. There were secrets to be kept from the other residents. How could he be one of them yet still be himself, and find happiness? How was it that he was going to… live?

His thoughts were brought to an end at the sound of his name. Kynier turned around to see her, standing in the doorway. While it was not the first time he had seen her unclothed, his blood rose in temperature. The complete exposure was a contributor but it wasn’t the only one. It was how she stood. Not suggestively the way many women in the streets stand to flaunt their figures. There was a vulnerability from uncertainty. Molten silver eyes suggested she knew what it was she wanted, just not how to obtain or ask. Each of her words were soft and chosen carefully. When he managed to smile again blood flushed to his face and he thoughtfully scratched at the sweaty underside of his jaw.

“I… uh…” Kynier reached for something to say. Anything to fill the silence. Thoughts of expression had been completely cleared from his mind and every word he could possibly stay had locked themselves in his chest. Eyes on hers, Kynier closed the distance between the two. When he stood less than a foot away his heart pounded from his chest with a fury of a caged animal. His mouth hung open as though he were about to say something, but still he failed to obtain anything. At last he gave short exasperated laugh. “I have no words,” he admitted softly.

In his eyes would be the answer. It was not a yes or no, but a display of desire and hunger. With a hand he cupped the nape of her neck and he kissed her. The other hand traced itself over the skin of her hip to rest on the lowest section of her back above her rump. Soft lips that tasted sweater than cinnamon molded against his own. Without ending the embrace Kynier stepped around until he was inside the bath chamber. A hand blindly reached out before finding the door and swinging it closed. Warmth. That was the very definition of what he felt. The gentle fire keeping the bath water tepid and the surge of his own blood through his core and out to his extremities. Cold bead of sweat ran down his neck as Kynier pulled Kelski against his body for an instant.

He broke away by only inches as his hand released her. Eyes swept over her lips, her nose, her eyes, and up to the hair matted to her forehead from her own exertions. Kynier removed his vest and let it drop to the floor. Next thing removed was his shirt. As it came over his head he felt Kelski’s hands against his chest. Kynier stole another kiss before stepping away and removing his boots. Kynier stood up again and took off his pants and undergarment at the same time, with a bit of a foolish grin on his face. The same one he had under Leth’s light last season. All he wore was a gold armband on his left bicep, with Akajia's symbol etched into the material. Kynier stepped forward and ran his hands up Kelski’s back to feel the smooth skin on his palms. Then his fingers dug into the gnosis mark and dragged down her back to her hips.

When he stepped into the bath the muscles of his body relaxed a bit. Warm water eroded at his aches and pains. He would moan happily as Kelski’s hands caressed over his upper body as she washed him. The feeling of those black nails similar to talons pressing lightly against his skin would cause him to fall still and savor the experience. At the times she was more focused on preening him his hands would traverse her body. Up the arms, around the shoulder blades, down to the hips, around and across her abdomen, all with gentle pressure from his fingertips. At times they dared closer movements to her breasts before his hand would cup around her rib cage and paw longingly.

As the soap was applied to his hair he closed his eyes and continued to smile. The pressure of her fingers rubbed out all the anxieties and concerns that had plagued his thoughts over the years. All there was to him was the present moment and her company. The soap stung a little as it ran over the wet scab above his eye, but he appreciated the tenderness the kelvic would display around his injury. Yet when her hands were lower on his body his body would tense. Not in discomfort or displeasure, but in the curiosity of male. Kynier tried to swallow his embarrassment when his physiology reacted to the proximity of her hands and the situation they were in. In an effort to conceal it Kynier cupped her head and brought her in for another kiss. One that had more passion to it than those form before. He wanted this and more but would not force himself on her. So much in life had been forced on her and he did not want to be among them.

Last edited by Kynier on August 9th, 2018, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kelski on August 7th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Was having no words a good thing or a bad thing? Kelski met his hazel gaze and saw so much more in the depths than had been there before. The Sea Eagle wanted to freeze, not suspecting this would be the result of her words… but it was. And while she was wrapping her mind around it, Kynier had closed in and pulled her against him and took her lips. That familiar warmth she felt when he was around spiraled straight up into an inferno of heat. He was moving… they were both moving and suddenly she was watching him slip out of his clothing. She reached out, touching the skin he revealed beneath unable to help herself. He was warm, alive, and somehow inviting in a way that another male had never been before. His taste was on her lips and she licked them even as he pulled off his boots and freed his body from the rest of its clothing.

She had seen him naked before, in the river when they had swum. But it had been nothing like this. He was painfully beautiful in her eyes and she found herself distracted by the way his body moved and the way it fit together. He wasn’t overly bulky and didn’t have heavy muscles like some men, but he was fit and moved in a sinuous way that distracted her almost as much as his burning gaze did. His grin encouraged her and reassured her as he voluntarily stepped into the bath and sank down on the edge, leaning back. Kelski followed him in, the deep tub covering the lower portions of their bodies, while leaving the top of their torso’s exposed. It felt natural to the Kelvic to kneel between his legs, and he looked a weird mixture of happy tense as he let her.

Men had always done things to Kelski. She had never been a participant. She’d only been a silent witness and even then a mostly absent awareness while events transpired. Sometimes it had been drugs and sometimes it had been her own stubborn will refusing to exist in the moment with the others that had touched her.

But never had she been allowed to take the lead, to touch actively, and to find enjoyment in doing so. In a way, Kynier gifted her with a precious power and she ran with it. While he leaned back, she took a wash cloth, swiped it over some spiced soap, and began to touch him. And he allowed it, everywhere, first with the cloth and its soap, and then giving up all the pretense of washing, with just her soap slickened hands. She took advantage of his generosity and learned his body, tracing his chest and the outline of his muscles. She learned the contours of his arms and the way his neck rode his shoulders. It filled her with purpose to trace the length of his body, swiping the soap again, and run her hands across his shoulder blades.

She gently urged him away from the edge and leaned him back, dunking him in the water so she could wash his hair. Her hands lingered in his hair, rubbing his scalp, watching his facial expressions even though his eyes were closed. A pitcher of fresh warm water left by the tubs edge for just that purpose gave his shoulder length locks a quick rinse. Then she urged him back against the edge and she moved to the side where she could lift one leg and wash it from foot to the apex of his thighs and then do the other, quietly tracing the lines of his flesh.

Kelski wasn’t sure when she had started following the strokes of her hands with the curve of her lips, but admittedly she had. Embolden by his allowances, the Kelvic had let instinct ride her hard and she left none of him untouched.

As her hands on him turned from cleaning and more to massage, she slid her hands down his arms, finding knots that she hadn’t known humans could have and working them. His hands were on her too, and she didn’t mind it so much. In fact, they fired up places in Kelski she hadn’t known existed, including a burning in her lower core that half thrilled and half scared her near senseless. He broke her concentration with his lips on hers and she found herself half wrapped around him, sitting on his lap in the water with the hardness of his maleness pressed up against the softness of her core. She knew what came next and slid a hand between them to touch him gently, curiously, exploring as she pulled the length of him up and through her hand multiple times. Her grip grew bolder, firmer, and she opened her eyes to study him marveling that she wanted this… needed this… as her hand acted as a poor substitute to her own body.

She wrapped herself more tightly around him, the feeling of the press of her breasts against his chest unbearably good. She found the hollow of his throat and nipped at him there, kissing with no sense of playfulness left in her. Nails long and black scrapped across his shoulders and back before she reached out and grabbed a hold of him by both shoulders. He was so much bigger than she was physically, but somehow, she still fit against him. His energy surrounded her as much as his body did and she felt herself rising, either lifted by her own legs or by the power of his hands as they dropped to her hips.

Kelski burned with need... for him…. for only him and she felt the tendrils of her Kelvic energy slip out and snake around her seeking his. She leashed the seeking tendrils tightly, the act almost painful and unnatural, causing her to cry out. Her cry was covered by his lips as his body buried itself deeply in hers, stealing all her attention in an overwhelming wave of pleasure.

Kelski couldn’t have said with any certainty who initiated because they were both so lost to the moment after that. Their bodies slid together and a rhythm was set that was like nothing she’d ever experienced. Kynier drove himself deep, held himself, and then slid free only to invade again. It was like time stood still and all she knew in that moment was him and his body. It was a slow torturous seduction and a joining that allowed them both to revel in the pleasure of one another slowly. What the two of them did together wasn’t what she’d come to expect from the act of a male taking his pleasure from a female.

What she’d expected was fast, brutal, and over in moments with one body collapsing in satiated exhaustion and one whimpering in pain. This... this was so much more, so much deeper, and she wanted it to go on and on. When he slid free it was agony, and when he filled her it was like finding home. It had been since she was very young that she’d done this with a man, and then it had not been her choice. Her time with Jaren had not lent itself to her use as a pleasure slave despite Darvin’s attempts. She had been his jeweler and that was it. So Kynier’s choice of pace gave Kelski time to adjust to him, to relax, and allowed them both to draw it out.

And when he took her lips as he took her body, she forgot all semblance of thought. She wrapped her arms around him, holding on, and captured the rhythm so for the first time in her life she could take an active part. She rode the fullness of him, coaxing more, demanding harder, wanting faster, hissing and laughing equally in a way that told him Kelski would never be a quiet lover. Kelski was fierce and grew fiercer as she let herself be lost to him and in so many ways became his. She held nothing back, not after the Kelvic let herself go and committed to being with him unbridled.

Eventually their motions grew so tempestuous that she had to let go of him, grabbed the back of the tub to hold on, and locked her eyes with his. They moved together in such a frenzy there was almost no humanity left in her expression. She hissed his name, first once softly, then a second time more frantically with her eyes widening. The paleness of her cheeks flushed even deeper as she suddenly broke eye contact with him and bit down hard on his shoulder. She began to shudder against him uncontrollably. Kelski thought perhaps she was dying… that he was somehow killing her… and she didn’t mind at all. All she wanted in the whole of the entire world was for them to continue like this together even if it meant the death of sorts that found her.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kynier on August 9th, 2018, 2:48 am

Kelski had been straddling his upper thighs when he pulled her in for the kiss. And he felt his firmness press against her soft body. The kelvic did not withdraw from his embrace or shy away from his body. Half his mind begged that she wouldn’t and the other half expected her to. Fingers clawed into her skin to avoid having other parts of his body surge into action that maybe unwanted. When she did take him in her hand his lips broke from hers with a soft gasp of pleasure. His mouth widening and closing in unison with the movements of Kelski’s fingers. Carnal satisfaction pulled at his upper lip and danced across his eyes.

Molten silvers mirrored the desire and need of his own as her actions became bolder. When at last his form could not change any more she shifted forward and pressed herself against his chest. Kynier traced his hands up her back as she nipped his neck. Fingers cut through the mats of wet ombre hair as he twisted his head and suckled upon her ear. His warm breath exhaling gentling with a deep rumble in his voice. Then his hands rolled down her wet skin to her hips then down further to cup both sides of her rump with squeezing fingers.

When Kelski’s hips lowered again they had started. Her voice echoed in her throat for an instant before Kynier took his lips away. The end of her cry rang in the chamber and it was a sound he longed to hear again. When she recovered from the experience he kissed her again and began to shift his body beneath her. Hands guided her hips by pulling and gripping on her backside with something that came instinctually. Instinct was all he had to offer yet he felt the need to reign it in before it dictated his actions. She would not know how much this meant to him. That she had accepted him into her life. Her home. Her body. Kynier accepted her into his heart and gave her the body that no other woman had experienced.

When he thought they had found the pace of their actions Kelski sought more. The rhythm increased in speed and intensity, causing a wild storm in the waters of the bath chamber. Lips pressed harder. Hands grabbed tighter. At a point some of the water had sloshed against his face unexpectedly and they both had laughed at it. Kynier adjusted his body in the tub to prevent another occurrence and brought her in tow. Then like nothing happened, the resumed.

Desire raged between them like a tempest at sea. One that Kynier allowed himself to be lost in. His body became greedy and sought more than her touch. The sight of her eyes as they changed to an expression he never saw a human have did not cause him to falter. His own gaze had was open but focused on hers like a predator that stalked a prey, watching the movements as though it enjoyed what it saw. Expressions of her voice coursed through him to make his body dedicate more just so he could hear her voice more. The sound of his own name from her lips intoxicated him into more of a frenzy each time she said it.

Kynier’s hips continued to rise and decend as she bit his shoulder. Teeth grabbed the skin and he found that he enjoyed it. Through his clenched jaw affirmations were whispered. Her soft body shuddered and he did not pause to consider why. He only took her harder as he felt himself begin to swell. Sharp were his breaths and he focused on the feeling of her attachment to his shoulder, rather than the ecstasy of the rest of her body. Kynier sought to be lost within her and never wished to be found. A hand quickly rose to part her wet hair and expose her neck to him. He set his lips against the place just behind the point of her mandible, below the ear, and suckled on the spot.

He could feel the peak approaching. And so a hand raced up her back and neck. His lips detached themselves as the hand grasped at the mass of strands on the back of her head with a firm yet affectionate grip. Muscles tensing in his arms, chest, and shoulders, Kynier gently pulled on the back of her head to take her from his shoulder. His hand would bring her to where he could gaze into her eyes. His own were fluctuating rapidly between a wide expression and a narrow gaze. Hazel irises dilated as his mouth was agape like he was ready to cry out.

Take all that I am, for I give myself to you. The thought failed to become words for he began to swell and peak.

When his seed came forth his rhythm slowed but the movements were harder and sharper. A euphoric moan had broken to pieces in his chest and the fragments were expelled one at a time in conjunction with his pulsing. Kynier did not take his eyes from hers as he craved to see, hear, and feel her entire reaction while his hand continued to hold her head in place.

As the last pulse came to an end a great exhale followed suit. His grip on her hair relaxed and his hand lowered itself to between her shoulder blades to the double gnosis mark of their goddess. Kynier sat up to kiss her again. Riding the after waves of his ecstasy with the sweet taste of her lips. The skin of his body tingled everywhere below the waist and his hands grasped at her forms like a drunkard. The brush of her hair stimulated the nerves of his arms which were all standing on end. Kelski could not physically get any closer and yet his body and soul craved that she would.

With a heavy sigh of satisfaction Kynier leaned against the edge of the tub. A shudder caused the muscles of his upper body to tense and quake briefly. After that, Kynier stared at Kelski with a beaming smile on his face. The radiance of her skin with the contrast of her hair and lips made her look like a dream. One he hoped to never have fade away, nor one to ever forget. Before she could adjust for him to remove himself, he sat up again and rested his hands on her shoulders. His nails softly dug into her skin and ran lines between her shoulders and neck.

With his lips close to hers he whispered softly. “You presence alone makes me happy, my Feather.” He knew not why he had chosen the word for a term of endearment, but the sound of it felt right to him. “Should you ever desire this again, know that I am more than willing.” He gave her lower lip a play nip with his teeth before taking from her another kiss.

Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kelski on August 10th, 2018, 4:41 am

He would think her crazy, but later if she described what it was like to be with Kynier so intimately she’d tell him it was a lot like flying. There was nothing like it and it was utterly indescribable. Riding their passion was just as incredible in a different way than riding the thermals. And much like a bad day or even a bad life melted away when Kelski took to her wings, in Kynier’s arms the same thing happened. She was so lost to him so fast, and had no idea that wrapped around him she’d grow so aggressive and demanding. He didn’t seem to mind, even when his thrusts took her over the edge of sanity and she sank her teeth into his shoulder.

The release was so powerful that she simply clung to him completely, her body lost to sanity. It took his hand in her hair, gently breaking her off from his shoulder and forcing her to look at him that she came back to herself. His lips on her neck, his hands on her hips, everywhere… were just indescribably amazing. He drew out her pleasure, prolonging the storm in her body, until he eyes locked into hers, he pulsed hot and full into her and she loved it.

Even though he slowed, he still gave to her, and when he moaned she felt something in her give again causing her to snap her teeth though she refrained from latching onto his shoulder again. For one, she was held tight, restrained by a fist with a double handful of her hair, fingers splayed out across her neck. The Kelvic held still for him, let him pick the pace he needed for where he was headed, and flowed with it. Kelski loved the act, loved everything about it, the pathways of his kisses, and the places his hands had owned.

She was almost disappointed when he released her, allowing her posture to relax from the arch her back had been in that had set her pelvis at the perfect angle for him. She felt his hands on her double mark and closed her eyes, realizing he hadn’t pulled his spent flesh out… hadn’t broken contact. Her eyes flew open again when he leaned back, still occasionally rippling his muscles as if aftershocks hit his core.

His smile was more illuminating than the moon casting its light through the window of the bathing chamber. She studied it, her own slowly matching his, as she leaned forward to nuzzle his nose with hers, and run her cheek along his.

When Kelski had offered, all those bells ago today to even lie under him, she’d been telling him she’d give him use of her body for his pleasure. This… what had just happened between them was not that… not that at all. This was a mating. And Sea Eagles mated for life.

Kelski’s satisfaction had never been deeper.

The hunt was successful and the flesh she consumed was as sweet and savory as she’d imagined it to be. And when he called her his, her smile redoubled. She tossed her wet hair out of her eyes and leaned in to nibble his lips. She caught his next words with a kiss and she voiced what she was feeling. “Every day, Kynier, for the rest of my life if you want it.” She whispered, her lips against his, then she voiced aloud what she had been thinking. “Sea Eagles mate for life, only once, with one incredible male.” She whispered, then gently lifted her pelvis, breaking their connection and forcing him to slide free.

She rose, slowly, unashamed of the soreness and the puffiness of her well-loved body, and stepped out of the bath. She picked up one of the huge towels from the pile and held it up for him. If he allowed it, she’d wrap it around him, help him secure it, then lead him out past the bedroom to the balcony. She didn’t bother with clothing because she would need one for what came next.

When he was standing stoic, still lulled by what had passed between them, she’d lightly leap up onto the balcony railing. Perching there for a moment she turned and looked back over her shoulder at him. Then she leapt off the balcony straight out. And in a swirl of colored lights no less showy than any magic, Kelski lost her human form and traded it for a silvery white sea eagle with black points. A seven foot wingspan beat the air as she rose, screamed her pleasure out to the city, and circled once above The Gem with an inland breeze aiding her climb. Then she folded her wings, dove, and only snapped them open to pull back and shift so she could land in the arms of the man standing there staring. Wrapping herself around him and laughing she quietly asked…

“Can we go to bed now? I promised to lie under you and I haven’t fulfilled that promise yet.” She said with a light rich laugh. Her voice held no promise of sleep… none whatsoever.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kynier on August 10th, 2018, 10:23 pm

At the sound of her soft whisper responding to his own, Kynier felt a second urge of desire in his chest. Though his body loosened and sensations that had been so sharp had turned dull, he wanted more. The feel of Kelski’s body had only been half of the attraction. It was the nature of the second half calling out for more. More intimacy for a greater connection. For years the mage had overheard tales about the conquering and pillaging of the fairer sex. It had never appealed to him to enact those actions on his own. In the ticks following that felt ageless, Kynier realized he had discovered something greater than sex with the kelvic’s embrace.

When she removed herself from him Kynier sighed as the connection ended. Yet he stared up at her when she stood above him, smiling. A hand traced down her arm to pause at her hand as he took it in his. The night’s illumination glittered off the water on her pale skin giving Kelski a slightly ethereal appearance. Kynier raised himself from the tub as Kelski turned to wrap a towel around his waist. As her hands worked he couldn’t help but run his fingers along her shoulders and down her back. Even magic failed to feel as addictive as the joy of feeling her.

There was a glint of something in the Kelski’s eyes as she took his hand and led him out of the bath chamber. She did not bother to towel and dry, making him squint at the back of her head and wonder what she was planning. The two of them went straight out through the common room and onto the balcony to lean against the railing. Kynier was torn between staring at the night view of the sea and his… his…

His eyes took in the horizon and the velvet above it. The air was cool against his still wet chest. Kynier looked to Kelski, wondering how she could tolerate being completely exposed to the cold air when still completely wet. Kynier’s brow drew together as she perched on the railing. What was she doing? A slightly mischievous smile and that same spark in her eyes met his gaze as she looked over her shoulder at him. Kynier stared at her with wide eyes as his mouth turned into an agape smile. “No.” He said disbelievingly. Yes.

Her skin began to shine as she leapt from the railing. As though Syna had appeared to interrupt Leth’s reign, the kelvic transformed in a blinding radiant display and took flight. Kynier leaned over the railing excitedly to watch as the silver and black being rose into the air, calling out into the sky. Kynier laughed in amazement while the sea eagle took to the wind and circled overhead. He wished he didn’t have to imagine what it must feel like to soar to the skies. To feel unbounded to anything and move in any direction you felt inclined to go.

Not for an instant did he take his eyes off her. When she folded her wings to come straight back to the balcony he took a few steps away from the railing. Kelski was coming down quickly until she opened her splendid wings for slowing down. Once again she glowed radiantly. Kynier’s eyes did not squint, nor did he shield them, but watched with an amazement for magic only a mage could truly understand. From the light stepped out a Nightstalker that threw herself into his arms. Kynier’s amazed laugh returned at the sound of her own.

At the end of her laughter she spoke softly. Kynier saw the craving in her eyes as she gave a light laugh with that beautiful voice. Despite being chilled and already exerted in that regard, Kynier felt the desire sprouting. He tasted of her dark lips again and pulled her body closer into his own. Renewed passion drove his affection until he set his brow against hers to pry his lips away. “We shouldn’t leave that unfulfilled, should we?” he asked playfully before kissing her again. Kelski’s excitement outdrove his own as she was tugging both his hands to follow her back to the master suite.

When they entered the bedroom, Kynier paused to close the door as Kelski sat down at the edge of the bed. When he turned around he undid the tie that kept the towel around his waist. It fell to the floor in mid step during his approach. Kynier crawled onto the bed and locked his lips with Kelski’s, not allowing the contact to end as they climbed the length of the bed. Before long Kynier was prepared to have the kelvic fulfill her promise. Setting his elbows down outside the span of her shoulders he covered most of her body with his own.

Kynier beheld every detail of her face as he took to her shelter again. Eyes that shown like liquid silver kept his own. He kept his movements slower and gentle at first before progressively increasing the intensity. The gaze she had for him spoke volumes. The trust she granted him to position himself this way was not beyond his notice. So Kynier repaid her trust with tenderness and unfiltered passion. Kelski’s predatory gaze told him that they’d not rest tonight. He embraced that feeling with his all.

Kynier had no desire to sleep tonight. For the dreams would not be as sweet as her.

Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kynier on August 28th, 2018, 3:31 am

Grades!

Kelski
Skill Rewards
  • Foraging +2
  • Interrogation +5
  • Persuasion +3
  • Planning +2
  • Seduction +5
  • Socialization +5
  • Storytelling +2

Lores Learned
  • Akajia: Made her for Kynier
  • Daggerhand: Need more masks done
  • Foraging: Razor Clams can be found in the sand at low tide
  • Foraging: Place thumb over the clamming tube to create suction
  • Foraging: What a Razor Clam looks like
  • Foraging: What a Butter Clam looks like
  • Foraging: Keep caught clams on your belt so they don’t dig and escape
  • Foraging: Raking the sand for Butter Clams
  • Kynier: Wants them both to know each other better
  • Kynier: Interested in who she is, not what she can offer
  • Kynier: Promises to answer every question honestly, even if not immediately
  • Kynier: Considers being observant and thinking rationally as life strengths
  • Kynier: Hates seeing people suffer at the hands of others
  • Kynier: Finds relaxation in drawing
  • Kynier: Considers slavery to be the largest transgression
  • Kynier: Was worried about her survival as a slave
  • Kynier: Is a Spy for a wizard
  • Kynier: Is Idealistic
  • Kynier: Happiness is the difference between living and existing
  • Kynier: Knows he only exists
  • Kynier: Focuses on the whole rather than the individuals
  • Kynier: Knows Akajia is guiding him to her
  • Kynier: Wants to Live but doesn’t know how to
  • Kynier: Scared he’ll bring harm to the Midnight Gem
  • Kynier: Belongs to her
  • Kynier: Gets offended for her
  • Kynier: Knows Auristics and perceived her soul
  • Kynier: Felt her emotions with him with magic
  • Kynier: Says magic isn’t evil or benevolent
  • Kynier: Hurts himself with Auristics
  • Kynier: Buys information
  • Kynier: Will be out until dawn some nights
  • Kynier: Has spent two years gathering intelligence on the gangs
  • Kynier: Has a strange chicken named Laurie
  • Kynier: Makes sketches that are quite good
  • Kynier: His mother played the haut bois
  • Kynier: Has a hard time remembering his mother
  • Kynier: Doesn’t know Tove that well
  • Kynier: Disagrees with Farris’ view on mages and their magic
  • Kynier: Equates his magic to her wings
  • Kynier: Doesn’t find women like Tove catch his interest
  • Kynier: Kept all the gifts she left at No Man’s Land
  • Kynier: Calls her Feather with endearment
  • Mosa: Her children are long dead
  • Seduction: Kissing Kynier
  • Seduction: Washing Kynier
  • Seduction: A hand as a substitute for her body
  • Seduction: Mating with Kynier
  • Seduction: Kynier will desire her again
  • Seduction: Being with Kynier feels like flying
  • Self: Satisfaction in taking care of people
  • Self: Wants everything of Kynier, and voluntarily
  • Self: Wishes Kynier would express his feelings more
  • Self: Happy to only live with and care for Kynier, but would like more
  • Self: Won’t harm the chicken, Laurie, as long as the chicken makes Kynier happy
  • Storytelling: The starfish story

Rewards
  • Clamming Kit

Kynier
Skill Rewards
  • Acrobatics +1
  • Auristics +5
  • Deduction +1
  • Endurance +1
  • Intelligence +1
  • Interrogation +2
  • Medicine +1
  • Observation +1
  • Organization +1
  • Persuasion +2
  • Planning +1
  • Reimancy +1
  • Seduction +5
  • Socialization +5
  • Voiding +1

Lores Learned
  • Acrobatics: Bending the knees to absorb a long fall
  • Ebon: Lost his Bondmate
  • Ebon: Is Kelvic
  • Kelski: To be his Bondmate
  • Kelski: Can’t stand the touch of others
  • Kelski: Doesn’t consider Sunberth home
  • Kelski: Doesn’t expect to ever return to Lhavit, despite being happy there
  • Kelski: Would’ve refused his offer to help her out of slaver
  • Kelski: She Trills
  • Kelski: Planned the Midnight Gem with him in mind
  • Kelski: Slept in a wardrobe as a slave
  • Kelski: Sleeps better with company
  • Kelski: Says she needs him
  • Kelski: The sight of her colorful aura, with bonding tendrils
  • Kelski: Not made at him for the 35th at the Pig’s Foot
  • Kelski: Knows Tove
  • Kelski: Jealous of Tove and Laurie for spending time with him
  • Kelksi: Knows Farris
  • Kelski: Would lie under him just so he wouldn’t need those pleasures from other women
  • Kelski: Would like to be kissed passionately everyday
  • Kelski: Finds the Midnight Gem a more complete home with him there
  • Kelski: Not a quiet lover
  • Kelski: Seeing her as a Sea Eagle
  • The Midnight Gem: Kelski’s shop
  • The Midnight Gem: Kelski’s home
  • The Midnight Gem: A place for Akajia’s own to be safe
  • Rene: Lives at the Midnight Gem
  • Seduction: Bathing with Kelski
  • Seduction: Mating with Kelski
  • Seduction: Kelski would mate with him for life
  • Self: Misses the song of rain
  • Self: Jealous of other men’s affections towards Kelski
  • Self: Understands Akajia is guiding him to Kelski
  • Self: Spy compulsions were always active, even when unnecessary or unwanted
  • Self: Referred to as Silverman by some beggars and urchins
  • Storytelling: The starfish story
  • The Vino: Had a battle with either the Vigilantes or Daggerhand

This was a very enjoyable thread to write. Hopefully we can make more that're just as fun. If you have an questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to PM me.
Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous