OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Post all Syka OOC chatter, questions, and comments here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Postby Gossamer on August 21st, 2018, 6:35 pm

ImageImage
A Profusion Of Rum and Coconuts!

Welcome to Syka! Once you move in, you become a full fledged Sykan and enjoy all the privileges living in Syka offers. Be sure to Register your character in our Character Registry thread and then any thread you post thereafter be sure to post in the Thread Registry. This will help the player base keep track of whats going on in Syka and what sort of plots are involved.

If you need a house, there are a few options. You can rent a bungalow on land, a rancho over the water, or just simply tent camp anywhere along the beach that's not claimed. There are also guest quarters for folks that want to stay a few nights, but be aware that visitors and tourists are not allowed in Syka unless they are there for trade for a simple duration of a ship docking. Syka is not set up to support visitors, as it has no restaurants. This might change if someone decided to start an Inn, but until that happens, there's realistically no services.

Remember, every settler to Syka that decides to stay and help the Settlement thrive gets five acres of land free and assistance in starting a business or getting a job.

If you settle in Syka, be sure to talk to Gossamer about a job and housing. It is required to do an introduction thread with one of the Founders to officially IC get your job and housing arranged. Founder Randal does all the building, and he's simply one man, so if you want a bungalow built, you must get on his list. Any NPC, including the Founders themselves, can be found in the NPC Masterlist in the Paradise Rediscovered Forum. PCs are also eligible for up to 1500 in loans to start businesses in Syka and build their housing. If you take out a loan, you must post the fact (and keep track of your payments) in the Syka Housekeeping - Loans & Homes thread.

Now, onto the good stuff. Plots. Plots. Plots. Syka is a place for adventure, introspection, and regrouping. The city itself has a lot of damaged PCs moving in here or staying to recover from trauma or to find themselves. There are no formal laws, no true enemies besides the jungle and environment, and a lot of foreign faces from all over Mizahar mingled into one melting pot of diversity. Please feel free to bring your PC's culture, traditions, and opinions, sharing them with others and bringing other PCs into your own personal plots. And by all means, plot. Don't sit around and hope someone will plot for you. It's not going to happen. You need to simply 'go for it' and bring others along with you.

Please don't forget Syka's setting. There's a huge Syka Codex full of information about what Syka is. But most importantly its a primitive setting in Paradise that is on the outskirts of an ancient ruined pre-Valterrian city called Pavena that used to be one of Mizahar's top science research centers before Ivak's wrath ruined the world. Due to this fact, there are ruins everywhere and sometimes life that is far beyond what one might expect in Mizahar's usual settings.

Also, don't forget, that buried in the Code is the Linkmap that documents a great many of the locations that have been developed in and around Syka. To 'discover' some of these locations, see Gossamer for difficulty roles based on your Wilderness Survival skill in Discord Chat. You can add your own land claim to that list once you get it done. Simply post it in the Syka Submissions thread for prior approval before posting it as a thread in the main forum.

That just about covers it! Any questions? Comments? Please post here in this thread or PM Gossamer directly. :)

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 22nd, 2018, 12:01 am

Jaylani, Satevis, Bay’lin, Anibesa, Ixtli, Aladon, Alona…. Are any of you still active? I’m going to remove your claims from the Linkmap if you folks aren’t playing actively. :) Post here if you are still alive please!
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ixtli on August 22nd, 2018, 3:33 pm

Although terribly slow, I am still alive!
To my current rp partners, I haven't vanished, and I will see those threads through!
I am very sorry for the delay, but be sure that I haven't forgotten you. I will try to be more consistent in my writing.
Ixtli
Player

Words: 44981
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anibesa on August 23rd, 2018, 3:30 pm

After some long thinking (and finally having the internet allowing me to post this) I’m unfortunately having to go inactive with Ani for the next season.
I’m going to finish up all the threads that I’m in currently, but won’t be taking on any other threads.

I need to take some time to think about what to do with Anibesa, as she’s ended fairly far from what I had planned, and now I’ve got to a point where I’m a bit stuck.

I would like to take the time to thank all of you (especially Goss) for the amazing time, and I hope to get back on track and join you all again soon.
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka on August 25th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Anibesa, sorry you're having internet problems. If you want to bounce ideas to help unstick things, feel free to pm me. I'm quite good at throwing around options and such.
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2018, 2:08 am

Hey Folks!

Season change is upon us. Midnight tonight I will be changing over the site to Fall 518 AV. Get your extra threads up soon and remember to turn in job threads for wages and update your CS's!.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2018, 6:09 am

Welcome to Fall of 518 A.V.!

There are some slight changes to Syka this season. First and foremost, if you post a thread in Syka, please REGISTER it. The Thread Registry is where I want you to register your thread. We need a place for people to find out what's going on in Syka in just a quick glance. If you fail to register, I'll give you a gentle reminder then lock it if I don't see registry happening.

Secondly ... I want cooperation in the settlement this season.
This is going to be something of a carefree party season leading up to some harder darker winter events. We are all going to be about connections, relationship building, and making friends/enemies. There are numerous events on the Syka Calendar you can adopt and run in game. Don't be shy!

Plan a party, teach a lecture, run a group hunt! This is all about getting to know thy neighbor. You'll need the teamwork and relationships for what is to come in the season afterwards. If any one has any ideas of events to run not on the list, go for it! I'm open for discussion as well. I'm going to run a few gnosis threads this season as well starting with Okara's Priskill thread.

If you are brand spanking new to Syka, please talk to me about jobs and your land claim, and post in the Thread Registry!

I want to give you guys a lot of one-on-one time and a reason to fiercely love Syka if you don't already! Oh and please remember all threads posted in the season of Summer or even before are grandfathered. Wrap them up as soon as possible... and don't let any new folks join... or don't join any new threads that are dated Summer or before.

Happy Threading!

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka on September 2nd, 2018, 10:38 pm

Ugh, I loathe the Thread Registry already.

Too close a resemblance to Stalkery Ex.
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 6th, 2018, 4:44 am

I feel like I'm on some kind of weirdass Moderator Rampage tonight. It might be true... because there are two Founders Announcements that need reviewing please. Also, I'm going to be taking a quick look at all your ledgers to make sure everyone's up to date. If anyone needs any help on anything or approvals for things, please come see me and we'll take care of it right away.

I have several events going up shortly, one is going to start the season out with on a bright hot note. Hopefully everyone will have a great time.

If anyone wants to start an event, feel free to do so! They are there for you to start to get to know your fellow Sykans and interact in a positive or negative meaningful way. The choice is yours! This season shouldn't be all about job threads or solos... interact! Learn new things. Make some new connections, friends, enemies, maybe even some frienmies.

I know Quzon had some cool plans for getting a group hunt together. I'll let him tell you about them when hes ready. Some of the rest of you should be thinking along those lines as well.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sophia Sunshore on September 6th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Probably an obvious question but I just want to check - solos go on the registry too right? And not just open threads?

Also I might have Sophi plan a party of some sort this season because it sounds fun :D If anyone wants to collaborate, let me know!
NOTE: During the Fall Sophia is a Dhani, specifically a golden eyelash viper. See here for more detailed info.
Sophia Sunshore
Plant Lady

Words: 193757
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Next