Award Summer's Featured Contributors Are...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Summer's Featured Contributors Are...

Postby Gossamer on June 2nd, 2019, 10:19 pm

There are volunteers here who work tiredlessly to lovingly build box and style codes, signatures, and even cut avatars for folks here on the site. Most new people don't feel comfortable posting unless they have nice aesthetics and pretty codes to post with. Thank you artists for all you do. If you are one of these contributors, please give me a shout out if you dont have a Featured Contributor badge. I'll definitely award you one.

And to those of you who have received box codes or craft them, take a moment to talk about what it means to you and why you asked or why you donated time. It gives us honestly one of the nicest looking sites on the web.

Thank you so much!

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on June 3rd, 2019, 12:25 am

timestamp
Look at how pretty this boxcode is. Look at it. Do you think I could do this? No! This is the domain of wizards. So thank you to Antipodes who made all my favourite, beautiful codes, and to Itt who knew what I meant when I asked her to turn my avatar into a sexy librarian. You help us express our characters and colour in our stories in a way that text on a boring brown background never could, in the same way that nobody would read the best book in the world if it was bound in polystyrene and string. Your codes and edits are the sprinkle of cinnamon on this delicious word pie; it just wouldn't be the same without it.

Cheers, you wonderful wizards <3
x
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kelski on June 3rd, 2019, 3:04 am

I want to thank everyone, Antipodes especially, that shares their knowledge of code to help those of us who can do the photoshop work but can't code worth a crap. You make all the difference in the world when you are asked if a format can be used and you say yes. Its a community of generous hearts and givers that means the most to me here. And I think the Aesthetic people are some of the most generous.

Like Mads said... see this format? That's all Anti. She innovates every dang good thing on this site in terms of code. And I love seeing the unusual cutouts, drag throughs, transparencies, weird circular things, pngs gone crazy.... its everything everyone could imagine.

If you have mad photoshop skills, it doesn't mean shit if you don't have a way to apply it to the game. These code folks are enablers of the highest order. Thanks!
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

June's Featured Contributors Are...

Postby Itt on June 3rd, 2019, 6:54 am

Wooo! Way to go everyone! I'm going to give those who are working in the aesthetic threads direct shout outs real quick because you all deserve it and make amazing stuff (so for those who haven't checked out their work, get on that ASAP).

Thank you Gossamer, Luminescence, Antipods, and everyone else who may or may not be making codes anymore or are retired and previously made box codes, all of your work is fantastic. Goss, you have a classic/timeless style that looks good for any PC. Lumi, your codes are stylish in a way that looks clean and very well composed. Anti, your style is truly unique and really brings a new fashionable edge to boxcodes because of your coding and your Photoshop skills combined. Everyone else who's done boxcodes in the past too but may have stopped or retired have done great work too and definitely has helped inspire others to pursue the same work. I definitely wouldn't have thrown my hat in the ring if it weren't for seeing others putting their time and work into gifts for other people.

I guess that's what I like about the aesthetics forum and why I personally make boxcodes. It inspires a lot of communication and even friendships. I've been close friends with people who have requested codes in the past but likely wouldn't have met or talked to if it weren't for their request. Making codes also encourages artistic endeveours since most people who make box codes often times commission out to other BC makers and then request work from them. It creates a cycle of trading art and supporting one another and helping each other grow in their art and creativity. The act of making art for others often without anything in return creates a loop of generosity that spreads to the other parts of the forum.

People giving their time and energy to make personal pieces of art for others they have never met and doing so happily and willingly really shows me what art is about, whether it be coding, Photoshop, drawing, writing, or anything else. It's about connecting with others and forming relationships with people. It's about inspiring the best in people and creating something that'll last-- not in physical form, but through the actions, beliefs, and feelings of others.

That's really the heart of it for me. Boxcodes, writing, drawings, videos, their fun, and look beautiful, but most of the time we wouldn't be doing any of it if there were no one to share it with, to connect with. People don't create art in a void, not often times, so you all should take pride in your art. Your boxcodes. Your banners. Your Photoshop. Your writing. Your drawings, videos, music, tattoos, sculptures, codes, on and on. Take pride in it because that's something that's going to connect you to others, and that connection is going to plant seeds that grows and spreads to even more people.

You all make and have made great work so don't be ashamed or scared to take pride in that. Wave it like a flag because we're all going to be looking up at it with a smile. That goes for you, writers.

Stay awesome everyone.

Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 147703
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Artist (1)

Postby Sophia Sunshore on June 3rd, 2019, 10:34 am

To anyone who has made a boxcode, a CS or anything else for the site, thank you!
The things you all make add so much extra depth to both posts and character sheets. You guys really seem to take the time to understand the pc's you are creating for and it really shows. The colours and pictures add mood and personality to posts, and it just really is the icing on the cake when reading anything on Mizahar.

Special thanks to Lumi who made my first ever boxcodes, including this one, back when I was starry-eyed newbie. Lumi you captured Sophia so beautifully in the images you chose and even the fonts <3

Keep on being the amazing, generous people you are, and I'll continue to ogle all your codes :D
Sophia Sunshore
Plant Lady

Words: 193757
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Solstice on June 3rd, 2019, 6:13 pm

All of you artists are so amazing! You guys have worked so hard honing your asthetic talents and the results really speak for you! It's amazing how much life beauty ards to our stories.

This template was made by Antipodes, who is lovely and wonderful, but I also have stunning templates made by Gossamer, Luminescence, and Itt. Each of you have your own amazing and unique style and I adore and admire them. I hope one day I will have a fraction of the talent for asthetic that you have. Keep being delightful!
Solstice
The Sky Awaits

Words: 184384
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2018, 3:05 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Luminescence on June 4th, 2019, 12:33 am

Thank you everyone for the mentions! I haven't done so in awhile, but making boxcodes for you guys is always so fun. I'm glad you all enjoy them; it's always a nice feeling to see them being used, especially with such great writing. :)

A special thanks to Anti for making such lovely boxcodes and being so generous with allowing others to use her codes. While I haven't asked either of them for codes, Goss and Itt also both make incredibly beautiful templates; you all help make Miz a lot prettier! It might be the words that matter, but it's still nice to have something beautiful to hold them.

(Credit to Anti for this lovely boxcode!)
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)