[Attention] Lore Discrepancies List

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Antipodes on September 4th, 2018, 3:41 am

Lore Discrepancy List

As you well know, Mizahar is choke full of lore. The site has been around for nearly ten years now and, naturally, parts of the lore have been updated or changed over time. We've progressed a lot over the years yet, being that we are all human, the Staff are not always able to stay on top of the many changes or potential discrepancies within the wiki. Therefore, we'd greatly appreciate it if you could please alert us to any conflicting, outdated or erroneous wiki information you come across so we might be able to edit it accordingly. To do so, simply submit a brief reply. I will update this to keep a running list of what's been updated.

Code: Select all
[b]Member name:[/b]
[b]Lore to be edited:[/b]
[b]Link(s) to the wiki article(s) that require editing/updating:[/b]
[b]Additional comments:[/b]

Updates

Flashback
    Updated to reflect padding rule and closed cities
Semhu
    Added link to Eypharian page
    Updated to reflect this is actually considered a lore rather than a stand alone skill
Ethaefal
    Updated to include Eth death and the effect it has on the body
Myrian
    The language section has been clarified
Taloban Army
    Rekrut section has been amended
    Group Organisation > Fang has been amended to conform with language edits
Marriage
    Lacun mark placement corrected to match the information on Cheva's page

Last edited by Antipodes on April 17th, 2019, 4:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
cs review starting package cs help cs templates discord
Antipodes
your guide to the other side

Words: 42671
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Mauriel on September 4th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Member name: Mauriel
Lore to be edited: Akvin Kultra's page has the old infobox instead of the new standard for Gods, I know you know, Anti said to put it up as a reminder anyway. He also has category listed as God and not Gods, so it isn't linked properly.
Link(s) to the wiki article(s) that require editing/updating: http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Akvin_Kultra
Additional comments: N/A
Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ixtli on September 14th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Member name: Ixtli
Lore to be edited: 1) It states several times in the Taloban Army page that the minimum age to join is 16 years or older, except one line under the "Rekrut" section that says "[...]any Myrian above the age of twelve can be a Rekrut[...]".
This bit should be edited to conform with the rest.
2) The Myrian race lore page doesnt' say anything about a Myrian language apart from the one used for hunting and battle, using bird calls and animalistic sounds. However I've seen quite a few CS having "Myrian language" as part of their starting package, and not only the "hunting" language. As well, some other pages of the lore (Morning Bird Clan, Languages list) mention Myrian as an existing language.
Maybe a small note should be added to the race lore about it? Or should it be scraped away completely and the Myrians left without their own language?
Link(s) to the wiki article(s) that require editing/updating: 1)Rekrut section
2) Language section
Additional comments: I hope what I wrote is clear enough. :)
Ixtli
Player

Words: 44981
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Savis Maren on September 24th, 2018, 9:13 pm

Member name: Savis Maren
Lore to be edited: Ethaefal death and what happens.
Link(s) to the wiki article(s) that require editing/updating: Ethaefal
Additional comments: There's no mention of it at all.
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Words: 399286
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2018, 11:49 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Antipodes on February 17th, 2019, 2:55 am

Hey guys! Just wanted to drop in to let you know that I am back and actively working on this once more. It's been wonderful seeing fresh additions to the wiki... now to keep the older stuff fresh and up to date!

Savis - I don't believe I'll be able to make sufficient edits to the Eth page in regards to this since that has never actually been written. I'm using this thread as a means to draw attention to erroneous, outdated or contradicting material that anyone might come across. Write-ups like that are more in-depth and will require going through the proper lore development process, I believe (and I seem to recall there had been mention of a rewrite having been in process years ago but, obviously, it was never finalised). I will double check and if the information is out there but simply never got tacked on to the race page then I will happily collate it and pop it on there :) I hope you understand <3
The proper information has been found and I am currently in the process of adding it x

EDIT: Ixtli, in regards to the language, I took it as Myrian being an old language that most from Taloba would know/be familiar with and that the more traditional clans (and members) would use with greater frequency and reverence. Common appears to be the more prevalent language used amongst the race, with that Bird Calls/Military language being similar in a way to Ekeldi use amongst the Syliran Knights and a style of language unique to those who serve/d in the Taloban Army. I will clarify this since I, too, have seen a lot of it pop up on CSes when it doesn't really belong. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Mauriel - I haven't forgotten about Akvin! I managed to properly categorise him; just mulling over some things before making drastic changes to his page. I appreciate your patience <3
Antipodes

Scrapbook

Postby Antipodes on April 17th, 2019, 4:43 am

• Most recent updates made.
  • Akvin will be addressed when the Founders have the time.
Bumping this to keep it visible!

Reminder: Please post here if you have come across any conflicting or outdated pieces of lore in the wiki. I will endeavour to make ammendments asap :)

Cheers!
Antipodes

Scrapbook

Postby Ines on July 27th, 2019, 10:43 pm

If any of you have the desire to help update the lore yourself, or have extra time and a wiki account, come post here! There is a lot to do and a lot of outdated wiki info.
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)