OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Summer 520 A.V.

Please register here if you are going to play this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Summer 520 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on June 1st, 2020, 4:40 am

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in Summer of 520 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots so its important to not give generic answers, but to be very specific and thoughtful.

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract?
  6. What are your character goals this season?
  7. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: E+
    Weapon: C+
    Hunting: C+
    Foraging: C+
    Carpentry: N+
    Construction: N+
    ?
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
  10. Why did you pick Syka?
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
  12. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[center][box=400,black,#37fddc,#37fddc][size=150]Character Registry[/size][left][list=1][*][b]Who Are You?[/b]
[*][b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new?[/b]
[*][b]Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?[/b]
[*][b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
[*][b]What are your character goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have the [ooc=Syka Recommended Skills]Wilderness Survival: E+
Construction: N+[/ooc]?[/b]
[*][b]What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?[/b]
[*][b]If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this?[/b]
[*][b]Why did you pick Syka?[/b]
[*][b]How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/list][/box][/left][/center]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Onaona on June 1st, 2020, 5:31 am

Character Registry

1. Who Are You? Onaona
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 517, female, Otani
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Newly arrived, and took the long way around by swimming down from the Suvan
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? N/A
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract. A busy Otani with a mission to spread the word of our lord and savior, Laviku. She's mischievous and spirited and here to ruin your day.
    1: Meet as many characters as possible (possibly a few in flashbacks?)
    2: Find a project. Either build something, obsess over something, or investigate something. Anything to keep this girl focused.
    ?
    No
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? N/A
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes
  10. Why did you pick Syka? I've simply never played with a setting like it before, and I wanted to try something new.
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? If you want to swoop into one of my random threads to throw some curveballs, I'd be down. Other than that I'll just keep an eye on the calendar and involve myself. :thumbsup:
  12. Additional Comments? Who wants to cause some trouble?
Onaona
Player

Words: 41677
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2017, 3:09 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Robert Glenfeidh on June 1st, 2020, 6:38 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
    Robert Ayr Glenfeidh
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
    24, Male, Human
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
    Newly arrived future resident, got here via a Svefra pod
    Currently attempting to persuade the Founders to allow him to be the Syka distiller!
    Robert is looking for a fresh start in Syka after his family business failed in Lhavit. He brings the princess of Mizahar, Anastasia, with him, and her usual throne is his shoulders.
    Work on the construction of the distillery, hopefully start some basic ciders with local fruit, maybe even a bit of excitement and adventure? Also, once Robert meets and gets acquainted with Buraga, I hope to be able to help out with building the Syka chapter of the Order of Radiance.
    ?

No, except Carpentry.
    N/A
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
    Yup. IC Robert will not stray from civilised areas, because the jungle is wholly unknown to him and therefore more than slightly daunting.
    Because I know Syka's climate, and there's active PCs here!
    I'm fine with any such occurrences as long as the effects are beneficial or not too disagreeable - dubiously useful events (better if they're good for a laugh or two) are definitely welcome!
  12. Additional Comments?
    Glad to be here! PM me here or on Discord if you want to thread together.
Robert Glenfeidh
Player

Words: 50633
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2020, 1:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marino Oceangem on June 3rd, 2020, 6:54 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?

Marino Oceangem
  2. Age, Sex, Race?

22, Male, Svefra

Resident

I have a job.

Marino is a explorer at heart, and coming to Syka has provided him plenty of opportunities to indulge his curiosity. There is still so much he has yet to learn and he looks forward to learning about every inch of its coast. He's a bit hesitant about the jungle, but the little he's seen has been intriguing so far so he is amiable to learning more about it.

Learn a weapon, engage in a building project, and work on the recommended skills. Also, explore more areas of Syka of course.
    ?

No.

Started laying the ground work for Wilderness survival, Foraging, and Hunting. Plan on starting the rest, and improving on what I learn from the ongoing thread.

Yes

I love the environment, and the adventurous atmosphere.

I wouldn't mind some opportunities to explore with a group, or some unforeseen difficulty out on the water.
  12. Additional Comments?

Looking forward to another glorious season.
Marino Oceangem
Player

Words: 243562
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2020, 5:33 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Shanty Oceangem on June 3rd, 2020, 7:10 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
    Shanty Oceangem, but call me Shanty
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
    20, Male, Svefra.
    I sailed here… duh, on my ship. It’s docked a few hundred feet over there. I guess I would be a tourist, but I don’t know what the future will bring.
    I mean, I can fend for myself… I don’t need a job persay, but I would love to help your community flourish. Where do you need me? Where can I be the most help?
    Shanty is a free spirit. Even identifying his race is a point of contention among him. He is an individual first and foremost. He wants to help, in his own way. He wants to do good, in his own way. He’s a good fit for Syka because he will do whatever is asked of him as best he can. Right now his priorities are hanging around til his Tavan can handle itself, after that the future is an unknown entity.
    I would love for some threads on helping the community of Syka, as well as some opportunities to establish Shanty as a necessary and essential member of Syka. Maybe a brief introduction to how Djed works so that I, as a player, can understand how Djed and its related functions work. Totally not an essential thing though, introducing magic into a newly created character without an established background of behavior is probably not for the best. Probably next season or the season after. We’ll see. We have months to decide on a route.
    ?

lolno but give me a season and I’ll be at least at one of those benchmarks.
    Dude was “born” two days aago, I didn’t do anything last season. Not applicable.
    Yeah, do you? Bunch of folk living on the outskirts of a jungle and constantly having to brave the wilderness. Shit that sounds intense. Let’s go for it.
    It was the most populated area at the time of the character’s inception, and I’m not willing to shoulder the lifeblood of a town. In character? Shanty has family in Syka and would absolutely love to be involved in what they’re doing.
    Honestly, help me be a better writer. Be critical. Be harsh. I don’t care what that looks like. Let’s do a shitload of threads together, let’s do one. Y’all are much better writers than I am, and I would love to become a better writer than you some day. Let’s push each other.
  12. Additional Comments?
Shanty Oceangem
Player

Words: 5250
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2020, 9:48 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Quzon on June 4th, 2020, 8:59 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
    Quzon

2. Age, Sex, Race?
    32, Male, Mixed Blood (Myrian/Isur)

Resident

will obtain a job at the Saw Mill this season.

Quzon embraces the reputation that Myrians are known for. He believes that life is a constant battle which should be used to temper his body into steel and his mind into a key for victory.

Quzon's professional goals will revolve around learning how to help Lars at the Saw Mill. His personal goals are to become a better 'Mage'. He's become a novice practitioner of Auristics not too long ago and will hope to use it to offset his curse of color blindness.

?
    No.

Wilderness Survival: N, Weapon: Novice; though he's and Expert in reimancy if magic counts, Hunting: N, Foraging: Unskilled, Carpentry & Construction: Unskilled. He'll obtain Novice skill through an ungraded threads.

Q was not active and had no threads last season.

Yes.

He is a resident.

Maybe to toss an NPC or two at Q in some threads.

12. Additional Comments?
    PM if you want to thread. I'm all for having Q adventures related to building the recommended skills while also getting to know other members of Syka.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Ines on June 5th, 2020, 2:53 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Ines
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 4, Female, Vampire bat Kelvic
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Have a job and enough coin
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Ines is a quiet Kelvic who prefers to lurk in the jungle or with the Ashta than go out and socialize, but she can talk your ear off if she's decided she's comfortable. She is very determined.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Ines will very likely be traveling to Syliras and then coming back to Syka.
    ?
    When I grade an older thread I will have novice construction. I have expert WS.
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? None, though points may be hiding in some ungraded threads.
  9. Why did you pick Syka? I love Syka and I love the ST :)
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? None needed
  11. Additional Comments? I'll only be in Syka for the first 20 or so days of the season!
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Postby Tazrae on June 5th, 2020, 3:23 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Tazrae
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 22, Female, Human
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? I'm a resident.
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? I'm the local Innkeeper.
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Tazrae is a youthful, innocent, energetic young woman that is literally on the adventure of her life.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Tazrae wants to keep improving on her knowledge of the jungle, Syka, and make a whole lot of friends.
    ?
    No. However, she's working on them.
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? My threads have yet to be graded, but I know I've increased WS, Carpentry, and Construction... at least 5-10 points apiece.
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Definitely.
  10. Why did you pick Syka? I have a fondness for the theme.
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? No thank you.
  12. Additional Comments? If you are a creative person interested in friendship and personal growth, please feel free to PM me for threads.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Adeliz on June 5th, 2020, 6:16 pm

Character Registry
  1. Adeliz
  2. 3 season old female ghost
  3. Resident
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? I am dead
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Adeliz is a timid, shy individual. She is torn between two great drives, love for her sister and jealousy that she herself was not the one to survive.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Develop some amazing possession skills
    ?
    No. I am dead.
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? None. I am dead.
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Death already happened.
  10. Why did you pick Syka? I was born here/came into existence here.
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? I don’t think I need any, but thank you.
  12. Additional Comments?I’m looking forward to our adventures.
Adeliz
Forgotten sister

Words: 68069
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2018, 2:30 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ayela on June 16th, 2020, 2:31 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Ayela
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 20, Female, Konti
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Newly arrived future resident, arriving with Svefra pod
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Need a job. Looking to pearl dive
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Ayela is a Konti raised 15 years on Mura, and the other 5 on the Suvan Sea with her Svefra father and his pod. She has the 1st Mark of Rak'keli and her Konti gift is medically oriented as well, so useful in a pinch (or poke or gash or bite). She's super friendly and caring and eager to learn and make new friends.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Establish connections with at least one other PC, begin working and establish income, begin learning more Syka-skills.
    ?

Medicine: N
    Weapon: N
    Wilderness Survival: N
    Observation: C
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? This is my first season back
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? I understand and intend to do so
  10. Why did you pick Syka? New place, new race that I've never played, and it's suited for her story and her abilities
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? I would like one modded job thread in regards to establishing the export. Might need involvement for future ventures.
  12. Additional Comments? My posting schedule will be extremely limited but I'm determined to make it work. At first, I will be limiting myself to my 2 job threads and 1, possibly 2 threads outside of that, but I'm taking it slow for now. I'm excited to be back!
Ayela
Player

Words: 37046
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2020, 6:03 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next