OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Fall 520 A.V.

Please register here if you are going to play this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Fall 520 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2020, 4:35 am

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in Fall of 520 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots so its important to not give generic answers, but to be very specific and thoughtful.

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract?
  6. What are your character goals this season?
  7. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: E+
    Weapon: C+
    Hunting: C+
    Foraging: C+
    Carpentry: N+
    Construction: N+
    ?
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
  10. Why did you pick Syka?
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
  12. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[center][box=400,black,#37fddc,#37fddc][size=150]Character Registry[/size][left][list=1][*][b]Who Are You?[/b]
[*][b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new?[/b]
[*][b]Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?[/b]
[*][b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
[*][b]What are your character goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have the [ooc=Syka Recommended Skills]Wilderness Survival: E+
Construction: N+[/ooc]?[/b]
[*][b]What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?[/b]
[*][b]If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this?[/b]
[*][b]Why did you pick Syka?[/b]
[*][b]How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/list][/box][/left][/center]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Puk on September 1st, 2020, 7:37 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Puk
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 19, Male, Kelvic
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Newly arrived, exiled by a clan of Myrians and led to the edge of Syka.
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Job is needed.
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Quiet, simple, timid, lonely.
  6. What are your character goals this season? Meet people, survive.
  7. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: Competent
    Weapon: N/A
    Hunting: N/A
    Foraging: N/A
    Carpentry: N/A
    Construction: N/A
    ?
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? Was not here last season.
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes
  10. Why did you pick Syka? Peer Pressure
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Literally any involvement the moderator sees fit. Bring it on :D
  12. Additional Comments? I would like one Mai Tai please. In a coconut.
Puk
Player

Words: 35336
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2020, 12:43 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ines on September 2nd, 2020, 9:14 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Ines of the Ivory Tusk
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 4, Vampire Bat Kelvic, Female
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident for over a year now.
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Job had!
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Ines is a too-serious and somewhat reclusive Kelvic who prefers to spend time with the Ashta, in the wilderness, or with Adeliz. Sometimes she shows up to parties!
  6. What are your character goals this season? Get back into the swing of things, catch up on job threads and further flesh out Bala's Bowl. Also do more concrete growth threads for the recommended skills I'm missing.
    ?
    No
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? No skills were raised yet, but I do have placeholders. I also have threads from previous seasons that I need to post in the grading queue or grade myself.
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? I have the required WS.
  10. Why did you pick Syka? I love Syka!
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? None yet.
  12. Additional Comments?Thank you for running the Most Awesome City Ever!
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Postby Onaona on September 2nd, 2020, 10:57 pm

Character Registry
  1. Onaona
  2. 517, female, Otani
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new? Resident
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? N/A
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? A playful monster with an obsessive streak. People are a puzzle she has yet to solve.
  6. What are your character goals this season? To try and get tangled up in other peoples plots
    ?
    No
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? I’m not expected survival relevant skills from my summer threads, so I’ll have to work harder on that this season
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this? Yes
  10. Why did you pick Syka? Frontier atmosphere and the chance to try something new
  11. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Anything you’d like to throw at me
  12. Additional Comments? If you want a partner to spice up training or job threads, or you want a sidekick for a plot, Ona is your girl!
Onaona
Player

Words: 41677
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2017, 3:09 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Quzon on September 5th, 2020, 1:17 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
    Quzon Gemshock Pitrius of the Barbed Earth.
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
    32, Male, Mixed Blood (Isur/Myrian)
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident
    Works at the Saw Mill & has enough to support himself if need be.
    A zealous proponent of attaining strength to succeed every battle, but his ideals are not so singularly focused on just battles in violent combat. He sees everything in life as a battle to be won, so would find a way to aggressively learn how to powerfully arrange flowers in a garden if the need arose.

My current short term goals for Q are to gain competency In WS, Hunting, and Foraging. Other than that, lots of Saw Mill stuff.

?
    Not at present moment.
    Preformed carpentry in a job thread and has an on going thread towards raising his weapons proficiency.
  9. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
    Yes.
    Falyndar is Q's homeland, it's like Taloba but far more welcoming.
    None at the moment.
  12. Additional Comments?
  • Quzon is always up for getting punched in the face, so if anyone needs a living punching bag then Q is your man. Or someone to just go through the paces of learning a weapon with.
  • Social threads with other PCs which will mainly be used for Q to raise his Common language from poor to basic.
Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Tazrae on September 5th, 2020, 6:28 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?

Tazrae

2. Age, Sex, Race?

22, Female, Human

3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?

Resident

I am employed as an Innkeeper!

Tazrae is a people person. She likes strangers, loves meeting new faces, and can endlessly sit and swap stories with the best yarn spinners around. She has an energy about her that denotes a personality that means to keep itself busy. However, that being said, she is not overly nervous or fidgety. Multitasking is one thing Taz is good at, especially if it means chatting with someone as she works.

I would like to expand the Inn by adding a dock and possibly beginning plans for a second-floor apartment for myself. While doing that, I'd like to deepen Tazrae's relationships with those around her and expand new ones. I would like her to slowly begin to discover what a being a Guardian of Syka means. My goal is to try to get as close to Expert in WS as I can this season while working on her compound longbow skill to combat the newly announced threat.

?

WS: No, Weapon: N, Hunting: N, Foraging: N, Carpentry: Yes, Construction: Yes

WS, Carpentry, Hunting, Foraging, Construction... grades still pending on others.

I Understand.

I love the domain's theme.

Just for storyseeds.

12. Additional Comments?

I'd love to thread with anyone who wants too.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Marino Oceangem on October 26th, 2020, 11:20 pm

Character Registry
Who Are You?

Marino Oceangem

Age, Sex, Race?

22, Male, Human

Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?

Resident

Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?

I am employed as a ferryman

Describe your character in a short abstract?

Whether it is for a short chat, or a trip across the shore, Marino is happy to meet new folks and associate with past ones. Gentle by nature, he is quick with his smiles for people, especially if they have something interesting to share. An the bar for interesting is broad as Marino contents himself to learn about a range of things which is why he finds his job so suitable to his tastes.

What are your character goals this season?

For starters, I would like to try and do some serious work on the skillset Marino is currently lacking on. Namely, I'd like to reach at least Competent in WS, and a weapon, and further expand his experience with hunting, foraging. I'd also like to dip his toes into carpentry and construction this season.

Beyond that, I'd like to engage in threads that feature joint cooperation along some level and pursue some of the calendar goals with another PC. If you are interested in taking on one of the seeds or goals for this season, feel free to message me about it.

Does your PC have the Syka Recommended Skills?

WS: No, Weapon: No, Hunting: No, Foraging: No, Carpentry: No, Construction: No

What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?

Grades are pending on some WS, Hunting, and Foraging skills.

If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is pretty certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?

Yes, I do.

Why did you pick Syka?

II really enjoy the location and I love the theme.

How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?

Possibly, currently brainstorming.

Additional Comments?

I'd love to thread with anyone who wants too.
Marino Oceangem
Player

Words: 243562
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2020, 5:33 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Adeliz on November 22nd, 2020, 3:13 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Adeliz
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 5 season old, female (ex-Akalak) ghost
  3. Are you a resident, newly arrived future resident or tourist? Resident
  4. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? I don't need to make a "living"
  5. Describe your character in a short abstract? Adeliz is a timid individual, driven to protect those she cares about from meeting an early death. She is at once loving and jealous, having had life stolen from her too soon.
  6. What are your character goals this season? None.
  7. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended Skills? No but survival isn't really in her cards.
  8. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? None.
  9. Why did you pick Syka? I was "born" here with Ines.
  10. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? None.
  11. Additional Comments? Let's kick some butt.
Adeliz
Forgotten sister

Words: 68069
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2018, 2:30 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes