OOC Info The Zeltiva Character Registry - Summer 521 A.V.

Please register here if you are playing in the city this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Zeltiva Character Registry - Summer 521 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on June 1st, 2021, 11:34 pm

Registry

If you are playing in Zeltiva this season, please register here. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Happy writing!

Character Name

Concept: Tell us a little about your character in 100-300 words. Be sure to include your character’s opinion on seaweed.
Race, Age, Gender: Self-Explanatory.
Profession: What does your PC do?
Arrival/Departure: Are you coming or going this season? If so, let me know which and when.

Character Goals: What does your character want to do this season? Not what you as a player wish to accomplish in-game, but what your character actually wants to do, even if it is just wake up every morning or feed themselves.
Player Goals: What do you as a player want to accomplish? It could be writing skills, plots, PC skills, experiences, time management, etc.
Favored Threads: Tell us what really just dills your pickle.
Disfavored Threads: Tell us what really just gets your goose.
Matchmaker: Are you looking to thread with anyone in particular? Do you have an open thread idea, or an event you’re planning IC this season? Post any and all matchmaker details here!

Other: This is for anything else you wish to add to your registration that is not already on there. I’d also like to remind ya’ll to make sure you CS maintenance is complete before registering! This means your ledger and thread list must be up-to-date, and your CS should not have a red check mark on it (if it does, you can still register, but not post).

Code: Select all
[center][box=630,#000000,#dedede,#dedede]Character Name

[left][b]Concept:[/b] Tell us a little about your character in 100-300 words. Be sure to include your character’s opinion on seaweed.
[b]Race, Age, Gender:[/b] Self-Explanatory.
[b]Profession:[/b] What does your PC do?
[b]Arrival/Departure:[/b] Are you coming or going this season? If so, let me know which and when.

[b]Character Goals:[/b] What does your character want to do this season? Not what you as a player wish to accomplish in-game, but what your [i]character[/i] actually wants to do, even if it is just wake up every morning or feed themselves.
[b]Player Goals:[/b] What do you as a player want to accomplish? It could be writing skills, plots, PC skills, experiences, time management, etc.
[b]Favored Threads:[/b] Tell us what really just dills your pickle.
[b]Disfavored Threads:[/b] Tell us what really just gets your goose.
[b]Matchmaker:[/b] Are you looking to thread with anyone in particular? Do you have an open thread idea, or an event you’re planning IC this season? Post any and all matchmaker details here!

[b]Other:[/b] This is for anything else you wish to add to your registration that is not already on there. I’d also like to remind ya’ll to make sure you CS maintenance is complete before registering! This means your ledger and thread list must be up-to-date, and your CS should not have a red check mark on it (if it does, you can still register, but not post).[/left][/box][/center]

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Shiress on June 4th, 2021, 6:40 pm

Shiress

Race, Age, Gender: Human, 30, Female

Profession: Shiress is a doctor at the Redynn in the Outpost

Arrival/Departure: Here for the long haul.

Character Goals: The surprise arrival of a nephew she never knew existed last season has Shiress striving to not only learn to care for the 13-year-old but trust him, also. Combine this with Shiress's stubborn resolve to trust Nolen, a gorgeous stranger in town who made known his interest in Shiress last season, along with Caspian's insufferable determination to convince her to do otherwise, by Summer, Shiress is trying really hard not to stab them all, stow their corpses on a ship, and set it out to sea.

Player Goals: For Summer, I would really like to have more than one active thread. :disgust:

Favored Threads: I have come to like things rather dark. The more drama and angst, the better.

Disfavored Threads: It's not that I dislike them, but more I struggle with meet and greet, get to know each other threads.

Matchmaker: At some point this season Nolen's secrets are revealed and an unsavory associate comes to town with a bounty to fulfill, and Shiress (and others?) find themselves right smack in the middle of it all.

Other: Summer is looking to be a rather exciting, revealing, treacherous, and potentially perilous season for Shiress, and if you want to be a part of it (either in Zeltiva or the Outpost) just let me know. :D
Last edited by Shiress on June 6th, 2021, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Loxcia Campo on June 5th, 2021, 5:28 pm

Loxcia Campo

Concept: After her arrival in Spring, the young Konti has grown fairly comfortable in Zeltiva though she still has her suspicions of dark forces moving about behind the glamor and friendliness portrayed throughout the city. She has come to meet Rohka, not knowing much about the woman for the exception of her scaly feature.

Continuing on her search for her mother's resting place, she has gotten nowhere other than the already known knowledge of her departing Zeltiva and traveling to Sunberth, something that would take time, skill, and miza to do. Until then, she aims to hone her survival skills for travel, as well as provide a well deserved lifestyle for herself. Still dealing with memories of her past life, she has noticed a "voice" that whispers in her mind sometimes. As far as seaweed is concerned, It's great to eat, not to drink.

Race, Age, Gender: Konti, 25, Female
Profession: Doctor's Assistant at the Healing Center
Arrival/Departure: I do not intend on traveling this season.

Character Goals: This season, Loxcia is adamant about finding some trace of her mother. She also aims to sharpen her skills as well as gain some knowledge in survival and combat to overcome her fears.
Player Goals: I'm looking create experiences for Loxcia by carrying out her plot notes. I'd rather complete them with other Pc's to build bonds and friendships IC, but either way it's my goal for summer.
Favored Threads: Just about anything, my favorite threads consist of combat and mystery-adventure.
Disfavored Threads: Anything absurd or outrageous
Matchmaker: I'm always looking for thread partners, check my plot notes, or shoot me a pm to bounce around ideas. Looking forward to threading with you all.

Other: Let's have fun!
Loxcia Campo
Player

Words: 60037
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2021, 11:47 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caspian on June 6th, 2021, 12:09 pm

Caspian

Concept: Caspian is adjusting to life in Zeltiva – or, very generally, is coming to terms with the fact that there are plenty of things in life out of his control, and all he can do is make the best of them. No longer at an emotional nadir, he’s back to dressing a little louder, and his behavior is somewhat more tolerable. But healing is a process, so he’s taking it one day at a time. He still spends most of his days out of the house, either working his PI jobs or simply to avoid Shiress’ new beau.

His feelings on seaweed have not changed; the trick is not thinking about it too hard, the fact that there are solids swimming in his beer. Don’t any of the brewers in Zeltiva own a proper strainer?

Race, Age, Gender: Human, mixed; 28; male.
Profession: Private investigator
Arrival/Departure: Staying until Winter.

Character Goals: Caspian wants to continue on the same path – stay gainfully employed, and avoid causing more trouble than he already has at the cottage. The second item is a tall order, though, as he’s got his burgeoning suspicions about Nolen’s intentions for Shiress, which no one else seems to share. Now that Rohka is a part of his life again, he also wants to help her investigate the whereabouts and sordid details of her family tree. And hopefully find a sign that his feelings for her are mutual.
Player Goals: New skills. There was a weekend challenge a while back where the prompt was learning and boosting a brand new skill, and I'm glad I joined in. It was challenging, writing about something I hadn't before, and helped develop Caspian's character.
Favored Threads: Interpersonal drama and strife
Disfavored Threads: Heavy combat
Matchmaker: Any and all

Other: Looking forward to another season on Mizahar.
Caspian
Player

Words: 718261
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1)

Postby Respen Enpetor on June 7th, 2021, 5:16 am

Respen Enpetor

Concept: Respen was born in Zeltiva and has spent his whole life there. Now, he spends his days wandering the streets, musing over philosophy and other subjects he likes and hoping that his new living situation (alone and away from his parents for the first time) will bring him clarity with what to do with his life. Looming above every step he takes is the decision he must make: follow in his parents' footsteps and become a guard or go against his desire to adhere to traditions and become a scholar. He is on the hunt for friends or even enemies; so long as they shake up the status quo of his worldview enough to bring him closer to making a decision. And when it comes to seaweed- Respen isn't all too picky with his food choices, and seaweed reminds him of his home and the sea, some of his favorite things.

Race, Age, Gender: Human, 16, male.

Profession: Respen is currently unemployed.

Arrival/Departure: Respen is starting and ending in Zeltiva.

Character Goals: Respen wants to choose between becoming a scholar or a guard. He also wants to get to know new people so he can learn from them and hopefully, with their influence, come closer to making a decision.

Player Goals: My goal is to write a lot this summer so that I can really get Respen's story going. I'm hoping to write mostly with other people and to get some interesting plots started.

Favored Threads: I love threads where the PCs just fit well together and have good chemistry.

Disfavored Threads: There's no type that I can think of right now that I really dislike.

Matchmaker: Given that I'm new here, I'd really just like to thread with anyone. I'm down for any sort of story since I'd like to meet new people and develop Respen more. My PMs are always open if anyone wants to start something.

Other: I'm excited to get started on Mizahar and can't wait to get to know the people of Zeltiva!
Respen Enpetor
Player

Words: 4619
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2021, 2:16 pm
Character sheet

Postby Milo Murrell on June 11th, 2021, 5:29 pm

Character Name

Concept: Milo arrived in Zeltiva on the tail end of Spring 521AV, having fled from Ravok. He presently lives with an aunt he didn't knew he had (Shiress) in the Underhill cottage in Zeltiva. Being a born and bred Ravokian, Milo holds strong religious views that are at odds with his new family here. The challenge of settling in this new environment is only compounded by a rebellious streak that's coming more and more to the fore. Being forced to put his ambitions to become Ebonstryfe on hold and having to deal with new family members he doesn't yet trust makes him more irritable than he might otherwise be and he struggles to find his footing in this new life he's been cast into. It's easy to run into Milo on the streets of Zeltiva as he prefers to stay away from his family at the moment.

Milo has no strong opinion on seaweed. It's not his favorite snack to eat, but he doesn't mind it too much either.
Race, Age, Gender: Human, 13, Male.
Profession: At the time of registration, Milo doesn't yet have a job in Zeltiva, but I'm sure that will change over the course of this season!
Arrival/Departure: Arrived last season. Staying in Zeltiva this season.

Character Goals: With no option to return to Ravok, Milo has set his mind on gaining as much independence as possible. To that end, he aims to find a job for himself and hone his archery and wilderness survival skills so he will be better able to fend for himself in the future. Additionally he is on the lookout for a pet, a dog most likely, to be his companion and guard. Keeping with his upbringing, Milo aims to remain loyal to his faith despite its illegality in Zeltiva. If an opportunity were to arise, he would wish to bring more people into the fold of his religion, but it's presently not something he actively pursues.
Player Goals: At this juncture I'm focusing on settling Milo in his new surroundings, with a particular focus on his relation to his family and finding potential new allies. I don't have a particular number of threads or experience points I want to hit, but rather I want to make sure that by the end of this season, Milo is more embedded in the local culture.
Favored Threads: Action/adventure threads, mystery threads, journey/travel threads. Really I am up for almost anything, so long as there is some kind of tension in the plot. On the whole, I like putting my own characters and others in the way of danger, whether that's some monster, or just the threat of being made to eat broccoli.
Disfavored Threads: Meet and greet threads where the only thing happening is two characters running into each other, without any kind of tension, either pre-existing or emergent. There needs to be some kind of conflict that needs resolving, or it's unlikely to hold my interest for long.
Matchmaker: I have a nice big pile of plots and writing prompts in myplot notes for people to check out if they want to write with me. Of course, I'm not limiting myself to any of the ideas noted in there so if you have a different idea for a plot, get in touch!

Other: Friends, enemies, troublemakers, HMU! I won't bite! Not right away anyway...
Milo Murrell
The disavowed

Words: 21037
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2021, 1:20 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Bulan on June 26th, 2021, 12:20 am

Concept: Bulan is a wolf kelvic, just coming through adolescence, who was born and raised by the Drykas. As with all kelvics, she has an inherent need to bond and has left the Cyphrus plains to look for her one-true-mate, but her trust is hard to earn and she can be a little rough. Inquisitive, loyal, stubborn, unorthodox—the kelvic has an abundance of curiosity that's always getting her into some kind of trouble (and charms her way out of it usually!). Arriving by merchant ship on the 83rd of Summer, the kelvic is keen to explore, and isn't the least bit as intimidated by being in a city that doesn't speak her language as she should be!
Bulan will eat seaweed...but only if she has to.
Race, Age, Gender: Kelvic, 2, female
Profession: Hunter for Pelthe's Pelts
Arrival/Departure: Arriving on 83rd by merchant ship
Staying for the Summer minimum, possibly the Fall too
Character Goals: Explore the city, learn the culture. Bulan has never lived apart from a tight-knit community so she will have to learn to stand on her own two feet (or four paws). Generally the kelvic just wants to have a good time, and of course, look for a bond-mate.
Player Goals: Get into character, figure out Bulan's internal vs external conflict and over-arching storyline, improve my writing and confidence in storytelling.
Favored Threads: Where characters naturally connect and the inspiration flows. Adventures, magic, research, romance, drama and tension...
Disfavored Threads: Horror or gore, but I'm open to getting out of my comfort zones, always.
Matchmaker: Wanna meet all the folks!

Other: It's been an age since I've written at all..might be terrible until I get my sea-legs back.
Last edited by Bulan on July 24th, 2021, 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bulan
Player

Words: 4694
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2021, 8:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lei'Lani on July 8th, 2021, 4:02 pm

Lei'Lani

Concept: Introverted, intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving. Lani can be quiet and softly spoken, avoiding larger crowds due to her Konti Gift. She is always looking for the bigger picture in life and loves finding connections between people and their greater purpose. If she can, she tries to bring a little more light to the darkness in the world; preferring to service others where she can.

In regards to seaweed, she knows it has many useful properties and if dried and seasoned can be a great snack. She is yet to discover Zeltiva's "special" drink though.

Race, Age, Gender: Konti | 23 | Female
Profession: Hopefully Fortune Telling!
Arrival/Departure: Just arriving this season! For the moment she will be staying, at least for a few seasons

Character Goals: Lani has come to Zeltiva to connect with her absent mother. She also wishes to experience an adventure, of which she has read about in fairy tales. Lani would also like to explore and broaden her ability to connect to the celestial side of life and thus discover the greater connection of people to the wider universe.
Player Goals: I would like to improve my writing (it's been a looong time). I would like to spend this season getting to know my PC and others! I would also like to develop my PC's skills and lores a little more.

Favored Threads: Adventure! Dark, mysterious, ghosty, drama, festivals. Random and imaginative threads.
Disfavored Threads: I would say I struggle with simple meet and greets or slower threads that have little purpose; that said I would be up for exploring these as I know they add to character and relationship development (I gotta work on this side of things).
Matchmaker: I don't have any as of yet this season as my main focus is to settle in, both OOC and IC

Other: Please feel free to hit me up for any threads; or if I have any open feel free to jump in and say hi!

 ✧ EDIT: If anyone would be interested in having their PC's fortune told via a tea leaf reading please PM me!!
Last edited by Lei'Lani on July 11th, 2021, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lei'Lani
Fortune Teller

Words: 56995
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2021, 8:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rohka on July 9th, 2021, 11:16 pm

Roh

Concept: The sybil is in limbo, having been working for the Mystic Eye undercover at the Healing Centre. Seaweed has been a delicacy that she is grateful for
Race, Age, Gender: Human, 25, Female
Profession: Fortune Teller
Arrival/Departure: Staying

Character Goals: Wake up every morning and feed herself.
Player Goals: Citizenship and Residence.
Favored Threads: Dills my pickle? Brine. Seriously, love threads about salty water.
Disfavored Threads: Gets my goose? Traps. I haven't favoured threads where she's put in a box.
Matchmaker: I am looking to thread with anyone.

Other: Thank god for the ability to write.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Antelokes on July 15th, 2021, 4:16 am

Antelokes

Concept: Antelokes has spent most of his life in Zeltiva. He's a young metalsmith and Azenth, a devotee of Ivak. He's learned his lesson about running away from his troubles, and isn't afraid to make decisions, even if they might be the wrong ones. He eats the seaweed, he drinks the seaweed, he loves and respects the seaweed, and he couldn't imagine life without the seaweed. Just as it should be for a proper Zeltivan.
Race, Age, Gender: Human, 20, male
Profession: Metalsmithing
Arrival/Departure: No plans to travel.

Character Goals: Antelokes wants to avoid stagnation at all cost. He has a legacy to live up to, and knows he doesn't fulfill it yet.
Player Goals: I want to knock the rust off my writing and adjust to forum RP. I would also like Antelokes to find some opposition. Something to strain at and try to overcome. He doesn't have enough demons. I want to lead some to him.
Favored Threads: I don't have a ton of experience in this kind of writing, but I love dialogue with purpose. Also, moments of wonder are also my favorite thing to write. Forcing them is cringe inducing, but when it comes the right way, nothing beats it.
Disfavored Threads: Scenes whose only purpose is to exist are meaningless and sap the enthusiasm out of writing. We only ever write a certain number of words in our lives. We should make them count.
Matchmaker: Openand excited to thread with anybody! Let me know if you'd be interested, and I'd be happy to talk about cool ways we can make it happen! I'll try to flesh out some plotnotes with information that might help you.

Other:If anybody is doing (or would like to do) anything mold-breaking, count me in. Antelokes is all about disrupting monotony for the sake of change and improvement, and I'm not afraid to throw him through the wringer to do it.
Antelokes
Player

Words: 122253
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2021, 4:55 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets