Event Imbolc Fire Festival Week Challenge

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Imbolc Fire Festival Week Challenge

Postby Gossamer on February 13th, 2022, 11:28 pm

These prizes come in the form of small gemstones that can be added to any item of the winner's choice. The winner simply finds the item in a thread and presses it into the item they want it joined too. The stone will disappear and infuse the item with the power it held. I will post the 'so far' tallies of what rolls people have earned. If anyone participates in the add-on grader challenge, I'll add their names or any posts they make with the list of grades they did.... to the current tally.

I reserve the right to add or subtract things from this list at any times. To see what you've won, please check the list and see what the highest number is... IE 37 atm... so log on Discord and roll a !roll 1d37 in DicerollerCentral subforum of chat to see what you win.

People have until tomorrow night at 8pm PST to grade things to get awarded additional augmentation rolls... this is a grader only add-on challenge.

The Winners So Far:

Oralie - 1 roll
Alric - 2 rolls
Tazrae - 5 rolls
Alexandra - 1 roll
Asterope - 1 roll
Moritz - 1 roll
Ialari - 1 roll

If you get 10 graded threads in, post in this thread and let me know what you've graded. I'll add it to the above list. Once you've rolled for your prizes, post in here as to what you got. :)

Augmentation List

1. Winner's Choice - Rolling this number gives the winner the ability to pick their own augmentation.
  2. Illumination – Item glows in the darkness.
  3. Unbreakable/Won’t Show Wear – Item always appears brand new.
  4. Self Cleaning – Item always stays clean.
  5. Waterproof – Item repels water.
  6. Dirtproof – Item repels dirt.
  7. Rustproof – Item is not susceptible to rust.
  8. Nightvision – Item grants wearer the ability to see in the dark.
  9. Infravision – Item grants wearer infravision.
  10. Never Lost – The owner always knows where the item is.
  11. Protection Against Curses (Rhysol Gnosis) – Item allows the wearer to not be affected by curses.
  12. Protection Against Shielding – Item allows the wearer to ignore Shielding magic 1x per day.
  13. Protection Against Hypnotism - Item allows the wearer to ignore Hypnotism 5x per day.
  14. Protection Against Leeching – Item allows the wearer to be protected from Leeching 1x per day.
  15. Protection Against Reimancy – Item allows the wearer to ignore Reimancy 5x per day.
  16. Protection Against Blight (Vayt Gnosis) - Item allows the wearer to not be affected by Blight.
  17. Protection Against Cordas (Sagallius Gnosis) – Item allows the wearer to not be affected by Cordas 1x a day.
  18. Protection Against Illusion – Item allows wear to see through Illusions.
  19. Winner's Choice - Rolling this number gives the winner the ability to pick their own augmentation.
  20. Protection against Truthism – Item makes the user immune to the gnosis of Truthism... their lies go undetected.
  21. Adaptation – Item makes the user able to breathe in any condition including underwater, in gases, or even in heavy smoke.
  22. Protection of Djed Concealment – Item conceals the Djed of the person wearing it making them invisible to Pathfinders.
  23. Death Blow Proof – A wound – no matter how major – won’t kill the wearer of this item. They can be severely hampered, but so long as they are wearing this item they will not die.
  24. Projectile Proof – Item makes wearer protected against piercing from arrows and other projectiles like thrown knives.
  25. Flaming – Item can ignite and flame at any time controlled by the wearer who is immune to item’s fire.
  26. Frost – Item can freeze something it touches solid once per day.
  27. Lightning – Item can call one single bolt of lightning once per day. It’s the ability to hit where it is summoned depends on the wearer’s skill level at a weapon that involves projectiles including dagger or flail… (ie. bow, bolas, blow gun, spear, etc.)
  28. Invisibility – Item causes an individual to become invisible 1 bell per day – dismissible anytime by wearer before the bell is up.
  29. Repulshion – Item pushes someone/something back 5 feet 1x’s a day
  30. Reflection – Item reflects one magical attack back at caster 1x’s a day
  31. Storage – Item can store and retrieve up to four items of no more than three lbs. each.
  32. Warding – Item block one ranged attack 1x per day to the wearer.
  33. Stealth – Item adds + 10 to Stealth 1 bell 1x per day to the wearer.
  34. Quickness - Item adds +10 to Acrobatics 1 bell 1x per day to the wearer.
  35. Strength – Item adds +10 to Body Building 1 bell 1x per day to the wearer.
  36. Healing – This item can heal 1 major (break, sprain, gash, slash, cut) wound 1x per day.
  37. Darkness – This item will completely blacken 1 area 10ft in diameter for 1 bell per day – dismissible any time after activation before the bell is up by the wearer.
  38. Winner's Choice - Rolling this number gives the winner the ability to pick their own augmentation.

If you already have an augmentation or roll a duplicate number on the list, you can re-roll.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on February 14th, 2022, 2:19 am

Rolled a 33 for Moritz, this would be the(was 33 of 37 when I rolled, I think another one got added later): Quickness - Item adds +10 to Acrobatics 1 bell 1x per day to the wearer.

Later noted in chat one was missing number, so as discussed in chat rerolled and got 21 (21 out of 38) which is: Adaptation – Item makes the user able to breathe in any condition including underwater, in gases, or even in heavy smoke.

Of these two options choices going with the 2nd roll of 21 for Moritz- adaptation, I mean he lives on the shore and can't swim well, gotta go with that! Plus, undersea Okomo!
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on February 14th, 2022, 5:04 am

Alexandra Gainsborough Roll: [20] Result: 20

Protection against Truthism – Item makes the user immune to the gnosis of Truthism... their lies go undetected.

Well I guess honesty is no longer the best policy.
Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Words: 77257
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2018, 11:38 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tazrae on February 15th, 2022, 4:16 am

Thanks For The Challenge!

I was awarded 5 rolls and got one additional one for grading 10 threads.

I rolled [31, 29, 13, 11, 8, 1]

31. Storage – Item can store and retrieve up to four items of no more than three lbs. each.
29. Repulsion – Item pushes someone/something back 5 feet 1x’s a day
13. Protection Against Hypnotism - Item allows the wearer to ignore Hypnotism 5x per day.
11. Protection Against Curses (Rhysol Gnosis) – Item allows the wearer to not be affected by curses.
8. Nightvision – Item grants wearer the ability to see in the dark.
1. My Choice - Healing – This item can heal 1 major (break, sprain, gash, slash, cut) wound 1x per day.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Alric Lysane on February 15th, 2022, 7:19 am

Thanks for the Challege! Was fun. Well done on those who smashed it, I shall attempt the same next time!

2 rolls:

26. Frost – Item can freeze something it touches solid once per day
30. Reflection – Item reflects one magical attack back at caster 1x’s a day

Will add them to my CS and write up using them when I have the items I want for them.

Cheer All!

~ Thanks to Gossamer/Shiress for post Boxcodes ~
Alric Lysane
Carry On My Wayward Son

Words: 1010203
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2021, 5:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Asterope on February 18th, 2022, 2:31 am

Thanks again for the challenge, Goss! I rolled a 3 in Discord, not sure yet what item I'm going to apply it to.

3 - Unbreakable/Won’t Show Wear: Item always appears brand new.

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Oralie on February 20th, 2022, 8:39 am

Thanks for the challenge, I enjoy the little ones like this :)

I rolled a 33. Not sure what it will be applied to yet.
Stealth – Item adds + 10 to Stealth 1 bell 1x per day to the wearer.
Oralie
meow

Words: 205630
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2021, 3:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous