Location The Cosmos Center

If you're new in Lhavit, post here to exchange currency, obtain housing, and find a job!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Lhavit Location] The Cosmos Center

Postby Sahar on May 15th, 2016, 7:40 pm

Sahar was feeling incredibly out of shape as she made her way through the town of Lhavit. "I've lived at sea level my whole life- I wasn't built for this." She muttered to herself as she finally walked into her destination, shaking her head to dispel the dizziness she felt at the elevated altitudes of the city. The woman needed a place to rest, and unfortunately, the place that rented out apartments was still a distance from the beautiful gate and the winding mountain road that lead her up to the city. But as she approached it, she saw clearly that the Cosmos Center was as beautiful on the outside as everything else she had passed. Undoubtedly, she looked like the dutiful tourist with all her gawking at the wondrous structures. In the back of Sahar's mind, she noted that she wanted very much to attempt making the beautiful glass that was throughout the city- skyglass, was it? At least for the moment, she was interested in it in a way that she had never been interested in artistry in her home, and that made this feeling precious to her.

Walking in though, she was surprised at the modesty of the furnishings. A bit confused, Sahar looked around to see if someone was available. While she wasn't typical among her kind with her ability to confront problems, she would still feel a sense of impropriety if she ignored her kind's nature so completely. There was a bell, and a "Ring" sign, and Sahar took in a sigh of relief. She gently tapped the crystalline object three times, and waited only a moment, taking the time to listen to the conversations that had taken place here. She only heard a few, and they were relatively loud- they must have happened where she was standing. All asked if they might get a place to rent, and she could at least chuckle that she had something similar to ask- essentially the same. When the secretary interrupted her thoughts with a polite, "How may I help you?", Sahar smiled back kindly. The words still came, despite her foreknowledge of how it must be dreary work here.

"I'm looking for a room at the Solar Wind Apartments." She stated clearly. "I was told that this would be the place to ask for one." She was handed a bunch of sheets, and began signing and filling things out. While the secretary went through the required work, and Sahar read blandly over the paperwork, she asked about places she might find herself work. "I'm entry level...at best." She admitted, but the secretary seemed nice enough about it.

"I figure it won't be incredibly hard for a young one like yourself," the secretary stated kindly. "You are Konti, no? There will be work in divination and the like, certainly." The woman had been so nice about it that Sahar couldn't even bring herself to tell her that despite her heritage, she hadn't ever been great at the arts native to her race. Truth be told, her own gift was incredibly useless to her, and Sahar wondered absently if she'd be able to escape that ghost of what she was supposed to be here. Her stomach dropped at the thought. She had travelled to this city for its open mind, to expand her metaphorical horizons.

Still, Sahar shook herself from her thoughts, and turned back to the secretary. She handed over the papers, and smiled a bit less brightly than before. "The simple room is three Kina, correct?" She asked more out of propriety than need to know. The secretary's answer echoed the past answers around her, and Sahar took out her money, giving three of the blue stones to the other woman as the secretary explained how rent was due at the first of each month. With that, things were all set, and Sahar was given the keys to her apartment, looking at the number on them. She gripped them tightly, and made her way outside once more. However, as she remembered where the apartments were located in the city, Sahar closed her eyes and groaned. "I'm really not cut out for this!" She cried out in her home tongue, starting the trudging walk from the Cosmos Center in Sartu, all the way to her new home in Zintia, more than ready to rest!
Sahar
Oracle Who Only Sees The Past

Words: 8380
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2016, 8:28 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Julla Orrinade on June 15th, 2016, 5:18 pm

I realize that he's been living in Lhavit for two years now, but I wanted to make sure someone had it on the records incase anyone had a question or needed confirmation.

Requests :
I'd like to request to have a simple common room (3 kina) in the Solar Wind Apartments and a job at the Scholar's Demise as a Clerk (3 gm). I know the requirements for job threads and such; I just wanted to make sure it could be confirmed. I'm still getting with Factorum over the confirmation of my character sheet, which shouldn't be too much longer.
Thank you in advance,
Julla Orrinade
Julla Orrinade
Where the wind blows...

Words: 9035
Joined roleplay: April 2nd, 2016, 12:41 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Alair Makeviht on June 16th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Summer 05 516 AV

Alair was nervous, but she was always nervous, especially in new places. She found her way into the line of people waiting to be assisted, and stood where she was, giving those in front of her and behind her plenty of space.

When it was her turn, after seeing the process of being helped, she rang the bell three times, and then moved over to one of the secretaries when they acknowledged her and bid her come closer.

She walked to them, sudden tension and nerves making her hands shake, made her jumpy.

"I would like to exchange my mizas for kina, please. I would also like to see about finding a job that is artistic in some way, and I would like to apply for housing, the three kina apartment."

Filling out the paperwork she was handed, it was a struggle for her to write. She was more used to drawing than she was writing, so even writing her name, as simple as it was, was always a new, nerve-wracking experience.

She handed the paperwork back, listened as the secretary gave her some guidelines for going about finding a job in the city, as well as local favorite places to buy food and drink.

Alair thanked the secretary, smiling gratefully at her, and then left the premises, her hands slowly relaxing from their trembling.
Alair Makeviht
Player

Words: 12292
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2016, 3:00 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Aeod on December 16th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Aeod
16th, Winter, 516AV

The Amaranthine Gate... Aeod stood and stared in wonder at the gargantuan structure, "Hmph... It really is as big as they say." After a few moments of catching his breath from the hike of stairs, he walked up to a guard. "Hey!" he blurted out cheerfully. "Where do I go to find housing and jobs in this city?" With a discerning eye the guard gave him a once over, no, twice over before huffing a bit, "The Cosmos Center will be where you'll want to head first. From there you can rent a room and see about any job openings."

Aeod thanked the gentleman before moving deeper into the city. "Cosmos Center... Where would you be?" he pondered aloud. His eyes scanned over the city as he moved slowly through it to take it all in. There was certainly plenty to learn from the inhabitants of Lhavit.

With his head swiveling like a top, he'd lost all sense of spacial awareness and walked into a large wooden sign. As he cursed and rubbed his head, he opened one eye to look at it. Almost as if the divines had played a role, he read it out, "Cosmos Cent... OH! This is the place!" And like that, he forgot about his newly acquired headache and rushed inside.

LUCK he thought to himself... There were no lines and he strolled straight to the front desk. "Welcome to the Cosmos Center, Lhavit's central hub for visitors and new citizens. What is the nature of your stay?"

"Long-term, perhaps permanent residency, and looking for work. My trade is glass, blowing and molding. Would you have anything for me? Also, whatever housing you have available for the cheapest would be best." He grinned happily before tacking on a "Thanks!"

He stood there patiently as the secretary filled out the necessary paperwork for his residency. As she was about to ask, he nodded, "Yes, the three kina room will be just fine." With a curt nod, the secretary returned to their papers to finalize everything.

Nari - Common - Thoughts - NPCs
Aeod
Player

Words: 7466
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2016, 9:20 pm
Character sheet

Postby delete on February 2nd, 2017, 7:47 am

5th of Winter 516AV

Daffodil had been directed to the Cosmos Centre by passers by after she spent about 30 minutes trying to find it herself so she could avoid talking to anyone directly. After she realised she wasn't going to find it by herself she finally gave in and asked a pretty lady wearing bright colours. Daffy had only just arrived yesterday, but she was already running out of money and she needed a job to make some more. There was no one at the desk but there was a bell to ring. The place was fairly busy, which put her on edge. She told herself she would accept anything available. She had to pay for her rent somehow.

Once she had successfully made herself walk across the room to the desk, a secretary was just arriving behind the desk in front of her. For a solid twenty-two seconds she couldn't get a proper word out. "Hello I'm..." She paused and sighed in frustration at herself. She'd used Tukant to speak. Stupid. She started again, in common tongue. Her mother had made common tongue a priority to learn, so she did have quite a good grasp. "Hello, Um, I'm hoping I could enquire about getting a job. A-And an apartment too at the Solar Wind Apartments? A 3 Kina room would be good." She paused, looking flustered, then added "Thank-you"

delete
Player

Words: 12022
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2016, 11:54 am
Character sheet

Postby Rigel Nebula on April 4th, 2018, 6:09 pm

5th Spring, 518 AV

Slightly fatigued by his journey to city of Lhavit, Rigel finally arrived at the Cosmos Centre, with the help of a very informative guard. The place was so easy to find, that he nearly felt foolish for asking for directions. Nevertheless, Rigel opened the front door and entered the building.

Rigel was quite surprised by the simplistic nature of the furnishing. By the looks of the building from the outside, he had expected something over-the-top like gold walls. However, he just wrote off the use of simplistic furnishings as a means of slowly easing newcomers into the grandness of the city.

As he made his way to one of the white desks, he noticed the stark contrast between his black cloak and the white material. He definitely stood out here and surely enough, before Rigel could even tap the tiny crystal bell to call one of the secretaries, he saw a woman walking towards him. Her shoulder-length red hair bobbed gayly as she walked, her smile speaking of genuine kindness.

"I take it that you're the secretary here?", Rigel enquired, as the alleged secretary moved around the other side of the desk and readied an ink pot, quill and parchment.

"That's right", she said, sitting down and scribbling a couple notes on the parchment in front of her. "So, what's your name?"

"Rigel Nebula", Rigel responded, watching her scribble his name into a neatly drawn table.

"And what's the nature of your visit to Lhavit?", she asked, holding her quill ready and offering Rigel an encouraging smile.

"I plan to find some work as a musician, whilst continuing my magical studies", he responded and she began to fill in more of the parchment. This city was open to magic, after all. He might as well be open about it as well.

"Excellent", she said finally. "Is there anything else I might help you with?"

"Yes. I'd like to rent a simple room at The Solar Wind Apartments."

"I'll make the necessary arrangements", the secretary said without looking up from her parchment. "Anything else?"

"That's all. Thank you."

"Perfect", she said, making a final note on the parchment and clapping her hands together with another of her ever-present smiles. "I hope you enjoy your stay in Lhavit. If you ever need information, or any other help, The Cosmos Centre will always be right here, where you last found it."

"Thank you", Rigel said with a smile, noticing the little quip referring to Alvadas.

With that, Rigel left the Cosmos Centre in search of The Solar Wind Apartments. He was tired and in need of sleep.
Rigel Nebula
A Seeker of Knowledge

Words: 17527
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2016, 1:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Narifa on June 10th, 2018, 7:39 pm

5th Summer 518 AV
The morning was only just coming to an end, the pale shifting sunlight fast approaching midday. The fog was thick enough that time seemed irrelevant. An afterthought, recorded solely for the benefit of remembering mealtimes. Perhaps it was because the smog was so dense that the building in front of her was glowing. Lit up as if it was nighttime, Lhavit's Cosmos Center held true to its name.

Narifa entered the building with a light heart and a bounce in her step. Her eyes took in the sparse furnishings, the small clusters of plants, and the stale air that implied a government office was at work, before she made a beeline to an empty reception desk. No one was around for her to call. Saddened at the prospect of waiting even more to enter the city, Narifa slumped and considered where to make herself comfortable. Only then did she notice the crystal bell off to the right, a plain white sign beneath it to instruct those who were unfamiliar with its function. Narifa's hand darted out to tap it, three times as per the sign, and suddenly, a woman seemed to materialize from the dark corners of the hall.

"Welcome to Lhavit's Cosmos Center, how may I help you?" A kind voice, with a small but genuine smile, rang out. Narifa smiled right back.

"Hello. I was wondering if you could recommend me a place to stay. It's my first time here, and I'll be around for quite some time..." The secretary nodded and pulled out a roll of parchment.

"Could I ask for your personal information? Name, age, occupation, and nature of visit should suffice." The traveler responded to all of her inquiries. This was the last hurdle to jump before she could truly begin her journey, and her heart beat a rapid tattoo in her throat at the though. When the commonalities were out of the way, the secretary put down her quill.

"What you're looking for are the Solar Wind Apartments," She started, "with a seasonal rent starting at 9 Kina for a simple room. If you would like, I can make the arrangements here." Narifa nodded vigorously. 9 Kina for the season was perfect. It was only going to serve as a place to sleep anyway.

Narifa
Victim of Wanderlust and Endless Optimism

Words: 66429
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2018, 12:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Lhavit] The Cosmos Center

Postby Zeva on June 21st, 2018, 3:20 am

1 Summer 518AV
---sometime around the tenth bell
It had taken the Kelvic some time to cross the long, winding path that lead to the heart of Sartu Peak, her senses overloaded by the sheer expanse of the view before her and the glittering structures that she would later learn were a staple of Lhavit. The juxtaposition of the finely made buildings against the broad, rough terrain of the numerous mountains that made up the city made her feel dizzy and she struggled to wrap her head around it. Even though she had spent most of her life on the vast, open sea, she had never found herself feeling as small as she did now. It both humbled and excited her.

The last thing she had heard as she passed through those massive gates had been to head to the Cosmos Center to get herself settled in. She wasn't entirely sure what that meant - and hadn't paused to ask - so she now found herself peering through the dim haze of fog to look for any shops signs that could be visible. Her eyes handled the conditions well enough, although it did briefly cross her mind to wonder if it were a permanent thing. Low clouds would be common amongst high peaks - but fog was different, rising from the ground. The Kelvic was non-the-wiser, letting the thought roll off her back like salt water off her feathers and trudged onward.

It wasn't so much a sign that drew the Kelvic towards the particular building she chose to approach but the exquisite and foreign architecture. She likely looked quite the sight, utterly graceless with grapple pole dangling from one hand, weathered pack from her other shoulder and head titled back, sending her tussled locks spilling down her back as her big blue eyes ate up the strange yet stunning sight before her. Dressed in her simpler, wind battered travel clothes - since she had yet to experience or adopt the Lhavitian dress - she stood out against the more finely dressed Lhavitians that were going on about their lives around her and her eyes eventually lowered to observe them and their specific ways of layering. It intrigued her and she tucked this notion of styling away to investigate later.. for now, she had a building to explore.

She was surprised by the interior - expecting the elaborate details to carry on within - and took a moment to take in the stark nature of the place. It was only then that she began to see the elegance of it - and the strangeness. There were desks to one side, all carved from something white and it drew her eyes immediately. For a creature used to rough wood planks and lines, the smoothness of the place got her mind a buzz; from the circular configuration to the fine curves of the planters, everything was so different than anything she had encountered and she couldn't decide where to look first.

Until something clear and round winked at her.

Her head turned towards it first before her body followed and then, as if in slow motion, she moved to tuck the grapple pole beneath an arm before approaching the object that had captured her attention. Her head cocked as she came to stand before it, eyeing it quizzically. To her, it appeared to be a fancy clear bauble.. and she wanted it.

Casting a careful glance around her, she decided most seemed too focused on their own tasks to notice her next move. She then moved both hands to either side of the globe and tried to snatch in it one swift move... yet the item held firm. Her body jerked hard as a result and her brows narrowed in consternation. She repositioned her hands - one floating above the top - and then tried again... only this time to action caused the object to ring like a bell -- DING!

The sound made her jump back, hands jerking away which caused the pole beneath her arm to come free and go careening to the floor with an ear-shattering series of clanks as it hit and then settled. Her eyes shut as all hope of liberating her prize evaporated in that instant, every eye on the room now on her. If she were a creature that felt shame then her freckled cheeks might have gone pink but, in this instance, they merely remained faintly wind flushed, drawn tight by the newly formed frown on her lips.

"Hello, my name is Youchi. May I help you?"

Zeva reoppened her eyes to see a pair of gentle brown ones staring back at her from a pale face. The woman looked a little timid - as if unsure of what this newcommer before her might do - but did her best to offer a genial smile as she straightened. Zeva merely blinked before plucking the pole back up.

"I was told to come here... from the gates." She realised she wasn't entirely sure if here was actually the place she was meant to be... but she would figure out soon enough. She shifted the strap of her pack more onto her shoulder and lifted her chin.

The woman before her smiled more broadly, her whole face smiling along with it as she fluttered a hand gracefully between them, "Then you must be new. I do hope your travel here was pleasant." She rebuffed the Kelvic's shrug and wandering eyes with another brilliant and practised smile, her words as poised as her stance, "I can help set you up with a job as well as a place to stay if you are in need.. May I ask what you enjoy doing.. or have experience with?"

The Kelvic mulled over this as she scratched idly at her forearm. She would need accommodation - she hadn't even thought that far ahead. There had been the odd thought of roosting somewhere but she'd hadn't even thought of her things. She definitely needed a place to keep them. "I was told there are a number of... peaks?" Her eyes finally returned to the woman, brows rising gently as if waiting for confirmation that this was the correct term. "Which one is the busiest?"

Youchi moved a pale, delicate finger to her chin while considering, "That would be Zintia, it's the second peak beyond this one, which is Sartu. There are places to stay there - both long and short term - as well as ample opportunity for work." That smile returned, brilliant as before. Zeva's eyes ignored it, more fixated on the golden headband that draped lightly across her smooth, pale brow.

"I like busy. The comings and goings.. like waves. You said there are places to stay?" Finally, the kelvic began to take part in this conversation.

"Indeed! The Solar Winds Apartments are a local favourite. Otherwise, there are homes available on the furthest peak, Sharai -- the home of the Okomo." She finished that pitch with a grin and Zeva found herself wondering how many times she had to say that in a day. And there was that funny word again. She had to see what these okomo were all about.

Youchi continued, "If you like.. things changing often," she seemed very careful about wording that, "perhaps you'd like to work at one of our many restaurants or taverns? Interact with different people every day."

Zeva considered this and nodded her head. She had never truly lived on her own and she most certainly was not a solitary person. It would help to be constantly around crowds. "I like the sound of that... is there one with music?"

The woman nodded, the movement graceful and light, "Indeed.. there is a place called the Obsidian Club on Shinyama - the peak beyond Zintia - that has regular entertainment. I do suggest you check it out and talk to Charlie about employment."

So many names, so many peaks, Zeva's head was spinning. She nodded, despite being slightly more lost than she started, and uttered her thanks.

Youchi stood there, hands clasped before her in a manner that gave Zeva the impression it was now her time to leave so she did just that, allowing her gaze to sweep her surroundings once more before landing, at last, upon the bauble she had been so drawn to earlier.

Another day, ball... another day.
Zeva
mild annoyance

Words: 47531
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 6:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Haneht on July 6th, 2018, 1:53 pm

H A N E H T

∆ E Y P H A R I A N

∆ W/C: 362

Flashback, Spring 516Av
Sometime after noon

Lhavit’s a perfect place to stay, thought 17 summers old Haneht. It’s a city that seemed to suit him just fine, with its curious sleeping habits that’s not quite unlike his, and the place is a big cauldron of cultures and people. A shining city founded by one of the most divine races, apart from his own, the Ethaefals. The exquisite architecture and picturesque scenery was a great contrast to the golden dunes and sandstone structures he was used to in Ahnatep, but Neht had seen plenty in his travels and no longer missed his birthplace as much.

If anything, the city would probably have to get used to him. So much to explore, so much to see. So little of him. For all the arms he has, he couldn’t seem to have enough hours in a day, or days in a week, or of himself honestly.

Into the Cosmos Center strode the six-armed man-boy, poised, glassy-eyed and heart set on getting a home in the Sharai peaks. Maybe, if he was fortunate, he’d befriend an Okomo. Did they taste good? Kidding, he’s only half-serious, he assured himself.

“Can I help you?” Asked a woman, dainty and lovely. A sweet smile wove across his face, honey eyes melting into crescent moons. “Yes, Miss.You have pretty eyes by the way,” he greeted, and the woman’s lips quirked in amusement, “I’m seeking citizenship. A place in Okomo Estates?” Her hands produced a set of papers with practiced ease, and she worked quickly. Haneht gave her what was necessary, plus a little insight on his more than stellar impressions of Lhavit. Youchi, as he came to learn, is a pleasant woman and helpful. She gave him the best taverns and places to go, and tips for getting an Okomo to like him. Neht liked to think he was a fairly endearing young man, hence her saintly tolerance for the inquisitive traveler. He wasn’t usually this— no, that would be a lie, he was always this curious. Exceptionally so today, but he blames the added excitement of coming to a new city.

“And your employment?”

Haneht flashed a Cheshire grin, back straight and shoulders proud. “Dancer.”
Last edited by Haneht on July 20th, 2018, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haneht
All that glitters.

Words: 100302
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ayasi Sylves on July 13th, 2018, 4:47 pm

5, Summer, 518 AV

Ayasi was amazed at the unfamiliar architecture of the Cosmos Center once she entered through the fancy, glass doors. Nothing looked quite like this back home in Wind Reach. Taking a sigh of relief, she thought, finally. She'd been traveling on foot for so long and being in a city again brought her immense comfort.

She puffed out her chest, trying to give off a sense of confidence and nodded to her bluebird, who was carefully perched on her exposed shoulders. Ayasi headed to the pale, wooded desks, stopping before one with a beautiful woman with dark, curly hair.

"I would like a room," she said, accidentally speaking in her native tongue, Nari.

Before she could restart in the common language, the woman replied, "Where would you like to stay?"

Ayasi was taken aback at the nearly perfect Nari the woman had answered her in. The woman chuckled at the Inarta's expression.

Ayasi began in the common language, "I want an elegant room in Solar Winds."

Her speech was broken, but understandable, "With a balcony, please." She ended with a smile.

The woman returned the gesture and dug out a parchment for Ayasi to sign, "Of course."
Ayasi Sylves
Player

Words: 8783
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2018, 4:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext