February's Featured Contributor: Paragon!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Colombina on February 1st, 2012, 5:17 am

Congratulations, DS Paragon!

I am so please to have had the chance to interview Paragon for this award. This guys is amazing. He has a real passion for the game and is constantly creating. Add to that, he grades like he was a Terminator and those threads are John Connor. I wish we had a dozen more like him. So join me in giving him some kudos!

1. You have mad organization and speed when it comes to posting, how do you manage this?

And I have 3 PC's - I'm really not quite sure! I love Mizahar, so I guess that helps. When I'm not doing Uni and other stuff, Mizahar relaxes me so much. I used to do a lot of creative writing in my spare time, but I found it hard to write page after page. With Mizahar, I get to flex my creative muscles, but I only have to post in bite size chunks. That makes everything much more manageable. The fact I enjoy it is the key though - I can't get enough of this place. Some people need coffee, whereas I can't function without my Miza!

2. What has been your favorite development project to date?

It has to be the Spring Plot. Obviously, no one has really seen much of it yet, since it's all been behind the scenes, but come March it will all begin to unravel in Denval. It's been great because I love creating large scale plots, and it's even more fun knowing there are lots of players wanting to get involved, and I can tailor scenes around them. It's going to have plenty of drama - which is always fun to create!

3. You've recently begun sprucing up Zeltiva, what's the atmosphere you want to establish in this city?

Zeltiva is an amazing city. Liminal created a place where two worlds collide, quite literally. It's a seafaring city of sailors. but it's also a place for knowledge and learning. When you showed me the Bay of Kotor near Montengro, it made me realize how old world-y Zeltiva is. It's one of the few places where pre-Valterrian structures still stand, and I think that makes it a very special city indeed. I want to bring a strong sense of cohesion to the city, starting with the development of the University. Over the next few days I'm going to start adding University locations and NPC's. I want to establish a real player based community of students and teachers - that can only be fun, right? Zeltiva is a little piece of the old world. I just want to highlight that fact.

4. Give me your best sale's pitch for why people should flock to Zeltiva and Denval.

I'm there. That's enough, right? No, really, these are two of the best places to be in Mizahar. The storytellers in both are active, involved, and want to create great plots for everyone! Denval is going to be involved in another citywide plot come March, so that should be a good reason. There isn't any other place like it - a little town, once separated from the world. And it's military culture makes it a really dynamic place to be too, there are a lot of great players there to write with. Zeltiva is my new baby. If you come to the city, you can watch it grow, develop, and become something amazing. The University will allow people to sharpen their magic skills, or even take a job as a teacher. There are opportunities here you won't find anywhere else.

5. What's the best piece of mod advice you've ever been given?

The marvelous Tabarnac once said something about players being the heart of it all (I can't remember his exact words), and I can't agree more, especially when I'm a player too. Everything I do, I want it to be fun and involving for players. I don't want them to feel left out, and I want them to know I'm here for them. They're the ones that make all of this so enjoyable!

6. What mod post did you find the most challenging to write thus far?

I guess it was taking on a modded thread Oracle had been running in Zeltiva. No one was entirely sure what she had planned, so I had to read through what she'd laid down already, and improvise from that. I hope that Avari is enjoying it, since we discussed together how we're going to take the thread forward. It's always hard stepping into someone else's shoes (especially when they're the wrong size!) but hopefully I haven't made a big disaster of it.

Since it is February and Valentine's is coming up, lets talk about <3 love <3

7. What do you love about writing as a mod?

I get to create worlds! I love creating places and quests, and seeing players get involved and enjoy them. It's like building a house, and then letting a homeless family move in. (Ok, that was a bad example) But seriously, Mizahar has the best community I have ever met on the web, and creating and building for them makes me smile. Believe it or not, I love grading too. I get to read a fantasy story nearly every day because of it! The dynamics between different characters are always interesting to read, and it feels good giving them a reward at the end.

8. What kind of player do you love to write for?

I love to write for active players, first and foremost. I know people have their reasons, but I always prefer it if players can respond to stuff within a couple of days. It keeps threads fresh and exciting. Secondly, I like people who get really involved. I have no problems with people suggesting ideas - I love it! When people request a modded thread, I might not always come up with the best ideas, so when players make suggestions (however small) I get to craft it so much better. We can work together to make things the most fun they can be.

9. What kind of story do you love best?

Dramatic stories. That doesn't necessarily mean car chases and explosions (wow, what a cool Zeltiva plot idea!), more like personal drama. Revelations and betrayals make the most fun threads. From forbidden romances, to families at war, I love that kind of stuff because it brings out so many emotions, and the dialogue is always at its best. My heart races when I read good drama (and when I write it too!).

10. Which NPC of yours are you in love with? (Whether made or in the works)

Adarin. Players haven't really seen him yet, except for a flashback he's in with Cryos, but he is going to be a central player in the Denval Spring Plot. My PC's are generally likable and kindhearted. Adarin is the total opposite, so it's great fun to get to play a villain. He's very twisted, and his views are disgusting, but I love him all the same. I've crafted a history for him, which will go some way to explain his personality failings, but I think he's just naturally evil too. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun writing as him in the Spring Plot, and I hope the players love to hate him too!

11. If Zeltiva and Denval were ladies, where would you take each of them for dinner, and why?

Zeltiva is a classy bird. I think I'd take her to a suitably posh Italian restaurant (you know, the ones with roman-esque pillars and marble floors), and then a romantic walk along the harbourside. I think Denval would want to go to the cinema and watch an action film - or maybe even something crazier, like the rodeo. Denval likes it rough.

A final word - utilizing the world's biggest cliche, I just want to say thank you to four very special Mizaharians that got me here. Daniel and Katie, you are fantastic. I've loved every minute of working with you, from our general chatter in coordination and AIM, to our wonderful plot creations. Katie has suggested some great stuff for the Spring Plot, and I had to add it because it worked so well. She has the brains, that girl, and she just so happens to be one of the nicest people ever! Now Daniel. That vain, rude man that never grew up. (I love you really.) Daniel is amazing. Really amazing. He was the one who suggested I become a Storyteller in the first place. I know that he's been praising me a lot to others, and I don't even feel I deserve it some of the time, but thank you for your faith. He's coached me all the way, always promised to stick up for me, and he's an all round top guy. The other two people are Jen and Heatherly. These ladies are the best. I want to say thank you to them both for their support, faith, and kindness. They're always telling me when I'm doing a good job, and I'm thankful for all the freedom they've given me. I know just how hard they work for this site! These four have let me spread my wings and grow - they are very special people indeed. Of course, I have to say thank you to the players too. So many of you have given me kind words, and are always rooting for me. You guys are amazing, and Mizahar would not be the same without you! I enjoy every minute working with you guys.

Thank you (and apologies for the speech!)
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

January's Featured Contributor: Paragon!

Postby Oluse on February 1st, 2012, 5:43 am

This special attention isn't deserved more by anyone in all of Mizahar! Seriously, Paragon is what wet dreams of STrs/Mods are made of! He is polite, helpful, enthusiastic and ok well fine you already read all this above, so I'll shush.

I just wanted to thank you for giving Oluse, and now my new character Trente so much loving care. I know I'm just a player but I really feel like I have the freedom to create with you, not just play in your playground but also help develop it. This is an amazing sensation for a little noob like me! (And I am a noob, today marks my first month here, yay!)

As far as Adarin goes, I absolutely adore him. He is reviling and I just want to punch him in the face... cept I'd prolly be to scared cause he is a major bad ass. So instead I'll just wait patiently for the players in Denval to do it come Spring time! It's guna be a hell of a show for sure. And, also, for anybody out there who wants to see more of Adarin the threads with Cy are great to see his aggression, but there is a more... devious side to the man as well. As we are just begging to see in his threads with Oluse ^-^ I'm super excited to see how it turns out. Here is the thread if you're at all interested.

Next I wanted to thank you Paragon for all your work on Zeltiva. In fact, I had to make a new character there just so I could bask in the glorious creative energy that is pouring into the place recently! It really is an amazing (and romantic) city, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what players bring to meet Para and L's beautiful creation. So go make characters there so we can play! He has an open thread going on atm too! Some come join us!

Ok, I should stop before I make this longer than the interview itself. I just wanted to make it very clear that Paragon here is named with perfection, and that I could go on all night praising his hard work! And he makes it looks so easy XD
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Tabarnac on February 1st, 2012, 7:06 am

Paragon, you're out from under my thumb. You don't have to kiss ass to stay my wrath anymore! ;) At the risk of sounding condescending, I'm very proud of you. And myself, of course, for recognizing a diamond in the rough. Mostly myself. You're okay, I guess. A little. Sometimes. Glug, glug. Save some fun in Zeltiva for Hadrian this summer!

<3
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nai'shee on February 1st, 2012, 9:36 am

Congrats, Paragon, really deserved. :D Mizahar itself is, indeed, perfect motivation to be one of the best storytellers. :D
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Veldrys on February 1st, 2012, 10:19 am

Congratulations, Paragon!

I'm really tempted to bring my alt to Zeltiva now that the city has such an active DS!
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Legion on February 1st, 2012, 1:28 pm

Who is this nice Katie person with brains? I need to meet her. ;)

Luke, thank you for being an exemplary friend and storyteller. Thank you, as well, for allowing me to steam roll you into using Jasper from Twilight as your avatar without an excessive amount of begging and bribery. It’s a damn good thing you get my admittedly twisted sense of humor.

I’m resisting the urge to cling and scream at Zeltiva to leave Paragon alone. Fortunately, Zeltiva is pretty freaking awesome and therefore deserves a DS like you.
Legion

Denval Forum | Denval News | Denval Lore
Lhavit Forum | Lhavit News | Lhavit Lore

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Legion
Boom, backflip.

Words: 114213
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 6:23 pm
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Paragon on February 1st, 2012, 1:55 pm

Thank you so much all! And yes Katie, Jasper is here to stay, even in Zeltiva ;)
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eridanus on February 1st, 2012, 3:32 pm

Congratuuuulattiioonnnssss happy occasion~ I can't say that I'm surprised or I'll be lying... no one else deserves this more than you :D
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Victor Lark on February 1st, 2012, 3:57 pm

I hate you, Paragon. You're way too inspiring for the health of my schoolwork.
Victor Lark
How does that make you feel?

Words: 412831
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Paragon on February 1st, 2012, 4:02 pm

:) The face of innocence.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next