What if your PC was your roommate?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Tabarnac on May 6th, 2012, 6:56 am

Sama'el would probably be the best roommate in that he would always be traveling, but he would be conscientious about stuff while he was around. We would probably dork around a lot and I would want him to teach me to ride horses and fight, but he wouldn't teach me magic because I'm not, you know, a Drykas. He would probably make me happy while he was around, and I'd be glad for my solitude when he buggered off somewhere.

Hadrian would be a great roommate. He would always be in his own little world, so I could be in mine. He might even eventually teach me magic if I prove trustworthy, and he comes from money so I would enjoy not paying rent. I'd even cook for him to make sure he ate and stuff.

Ifran would probably try to make me do his dirty work for him and I would because I'd be living in the palace of the House of the North Winds because I wouldn't want to live in Alvadas. It'd drive me nuts. Also, I'd probably ride on his coattails to a career in theater. And power.

Mihai would piss me right off. He's a young Kelvic, so I imagine our ideas of clean are nowhere near the same. Plus, he would probably try to bond with me and then I'd never get any rest. Although I do have a short list of people I wouldn't mind feeding to a tiger...

Gracen would not work out. Bad, bad man. I don't want to get caught up in his shenanigans.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Albireo on May 6th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Fun thread! It inspired the following little scene...

A scream echoed through the dorm.

While others jumped or fell of their seats I turned around to look at the issue. Albireo had stumbled two steps back, arms wrapped around her body and eyes tight shut. Still, her face was directed towards the thing she had been staring at.

A bug climbing the wall in the corner of the room, robbed of the curtain’s protection.

Getting up, I went to crush it with a handkerchief. Cleaning it off the wall proved to be more difficult.

“How could you do that?”

“What?” I asked, not following her train of thought.

“How could you just kill it? It was a living being just like you and me!” she insisted. Yet she didn’t come nearer to help.

“But you screamed,” I pointed out. Finally the stain had been reduced to a grey dot and I crossed the room again to find the dustbin.

Her sigh followed me into the corridor. “But couldn’t you have thrown it out of the window or something?”

“Next time you do it,” I suggested and grinned at her as I entered the room and returned to my desk.

“No way!” she exclaimed.

Shrugging, I went back to the article I had to analyze for homework. It was always the same: I had to clean up or get rid of the various objects of her fear, although she later criticized the details of my behavior.

In the end it was easy to tell her what to do and thus organize household duties though – she was terribly afraid of arguments and tried too hard to get along with me at any cost…
Credits: wyldraven
Albireo
I got lost in translation.

Words: 71117
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 11:40 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on May 6th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Allow me to answer this by leading you to this scene, in which Minerva describes the last time she was living with someone.

So you tell me... Would YOU want to live with her?
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Alori Sai on May 16th, 2012, 6:51 pm

I think it could be fun to room with Aela, although we'd probably have shouting matches and fight over sweet rolls.

Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Words: 442256
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 5:22 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Aidara on May 19th, 2012, 4:26 am

If Aidara was my roommate.... I think I would kill her. Honestly. She's way too dramatic and way too much of a roller coaster. Not only does she think she's the cutest thing around, but she doesn't have a problem flaunting her sexuality. I am not ashamed to admit that I would be intimidated and jealous of someone like that if I were living in close proximity with them.

On top of all that, I like my privacy to the extent that I wouldn't enjoy having random men and women occupying my personal space just because she will jump anything that moves.

On top of that, after we had our screaming fights where we throw stuff and storm around, we would probably end up making out. And that... is just asking for trouble.

But yes, in the end, our sharing any kind of living space wouldn't be very long term.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on October 25th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Wow, dead thread. Might as well toss in my two cents anyway, because why not?

I believe an old saying regarding the creator and their creation applies here. Anna would be probably the worst roommate I could ever have, our personalities would conflict quite a bit, she'd be waaay too controlling, and me constantly forgetting to put the toilet seat down is just asking for trouble. Add to the mix that she's a reimancer with few to no morals and my life expectancy just lowered by a couple of margins. Yeah... really bad idea.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on October 25th, 2013, 7:14 pm

If Taylani was my roommate she would be evicted before the week was out. She has this nasty habit of not asking clarifications and reads into people's words way too much. It would drive me crazy having to be so careful on how I phrased things so that she wouldn't fly off the handle...
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rhys Blodwen on October 25th, 2013, 11:44 pm

I'd be really petching annoyed, to say the least. He's so ignorant! I don't feel like teaching him social practices, or giving him The Talk whenever I have a female over. Which is, you know, probably never. But in theory, he'd be a nightmare.
Rhys Blodwen
What to do...

Words: 26612
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 11:44 am
Character sheet

Postby Colt on October 26th, 2013, 12:29 am

Heh. Shahar and I would probably make awkward roommates. It would start out well enough, with me always holed up in my room and Shahar frolicking about in the wild blue yonder doing his thing, but eventually I'd get fed up with all the stray animals he keeps bringing home.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on October 26th, 2013, 12:47 am

I think Spirit would make a pretty nice roommate. I mean, I wouldn't mind the dogs too much... though five is a LITTLE excessive, I like dogs. She gets to walk them though. Not dealing with that...

Otherwise, she's pretty neat and helpful, but... a little too bubbly for me. I'd probably get really annoyed with that pretty quickly... though it's nice if she can be a little serious...

Yea...

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)