New Stuff in the Wiki and Game!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Gillar on November 18th, 2013, 11:13 am

I've introduced a new beastie into Lore. I present to you, The Ixam.

Ixam are a type of giant lizard that can be found in nearly all regions of Mizahar save for Taldera. There are four known common species of Ixam classified by the environment they dwell in; Jungle, Desert, Plains and Mountain. Although sharing some common traits, each of the four species differs in many ways.

So in essence, Riding Lizards.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on December 30th, 2013, 8:32 am

After a couple weeks of work, I am finally able to present to everyone an official list of Mizahar Travel Times. There has been no small amount of confusion regarding this topic so hopefully this Lore Article will help clear things up.

Currently, only the distances and travel times for Land Routes are included save for one Sea Route section for Syliras. I will be adding Sea Routes and travel times for Islands shortly.

From this moment forward, please use the travel times listed in the new Lore Article regardless of the times that may have been used in the past.

Finally, I had to make a number of assumptions and estimations in order to put all of this together. The travel times and distances are for the fastest, most accessible routes from one place to another and take into account terrain such as mountains, desert, jungle, forest, tundra and grasslands as well as the only real road in Mizahar, the Kabrin Road. While it all may not be perfect in every single detail, it should work as a standard for all travel in the game.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Tarot on December 31st, 2013, 8:49 pm

New monster posted, the Kavaki. This is actually a monster I've had in mind for the longest time, and it's referred to in the opening quote to the Summoning article. It now has its own entry!

I bet you didn't think I was going to keep that NaNo promise. ;) Now, if anyone can come up with a picture for them that's not from Godzilla or Kamen Rider, I'd be really grateful!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Tarot on January 3rd, 2014, 10:42 am

Desolate Ones are now in the wiki. And with this, Uldr's undead roster is, at last, complete.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Gillar on May 20th, 2014, 6:16 am

Tanroa's gnosis, Treavery, has been updated. There are a great number of changes in this Lore article. While the original concept was interesting, it was seen as being difficult to integrate into one's character and stories while still being able to do the gnosis' original idea justice.

So, in order to make Treavery a bit more user-friendly, the largest change to the original article involves the removal of the antechamber. In its place is now Time's Anchor. The Anchor makes the Treaver (the one with the mark), more of a focus. It serves as their anchor in the River of Time and keeps them from being swept up by the waves and drowning.

Another large change was the redirected focus of the gnosis on the past. Direct contact with the future was removed as it is difficult to really play out accurately and impossible to really pin down. The idea is that Treavery allows one to interact with the past. The knowledge they gain in the past is carried to the present. Using that knowledge to empower the present will ultimately shape the future.

To compensate for the loss of more direct contact with the present and future as was allowed in the Antechamber, the time allowed for Treavers to move around in the past has been significantly increased.

This article is still something of a WIP as the topic of time and time travel brings about all manner of considerations. I will be adding updates as I consider them but will do everything I can to keep them from altering any major core of the current version of Treavery.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Traverse on June 1st, 2014, 1:54 am

In case you thought the Tskanna was the only elephant in Falyndar's repertoire, come take a gander at the Ashta. Small(ish), adorable, and sweet as Vom pie, the Ashta are a unique Falyndar exclusive elephant specifically for riding! And as long as you care for your Ashta with 1 thread per season devoted to their care, Myrian PC's are free to take them to other regions!

Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Voodoo on July 17th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Although many have already seen it, I wanted to let the rest of Mizahar know that the Taloban Army is in the Wiki now.

Huge shout out to the Creative Chat Mind! Thank you so much to everyone who helped steer me in the right direction here. There are too many people to name, but you know who you are.

Also, a huge thank you to Traverse for letting me run with this!

Enjoy!
Voodoo
I'm known for ma graveside manner...

Words: 73986
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2014, 4:50 pm
Office
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Vice on July 17th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Kenash and its bestiary have been added to the wiki.
Vice
Pick yer' poison~

Words: 318086
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 2:36 am
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 28th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Slaves are now in the wiki. this includes costs, types, and maintenance.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Traverse on September 30th, 2014, 12:40 am

An explanation for how Charodae breed has been added to their lore! This changes a bit about the idea of the Charodae, but I think also drives home their peaceful and friendly qaulities, hope you enjoy :)
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext