[Ricky] The Sincere Oddities of A Writer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Savio on December 11th, 2013, 1:40 am

Hey Zach,

I just wanted to leave this little note because it seems like it needs to be said. Since I joined Miz, I have met some wonderful people. Almost everyone who has stayed with Miz for longer than 6 months has proven their worth as writers time and time again. Since joining Mizahar, I have actually looked up to you and your skills as a writer. The detail and the effort you put into all of your characters is amazing and awe-inspiring. I am so very glad to have met a literary artist like you who, despite RL challenges, can manage to write Ricky's story so well that many other writers on here look to him as an example. My only regret is not being able to write with you myself.

I shall look forward to your visits and you have a way to contact me outside of Mizahar when ever you want. And please, whatever you do, don't stop writing.

-Desmond

"Thoughts""Speech""NPC"

Threads: 2/5
Grandfathered Threads To Complete: 6

Signature by Edreina
Savio
If there is no struggle, there is no progress

Words: 200123
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2013, 11:58 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 2nd, 2014, 11:09 pm

Look Who's Back!

Heyo Miza, with a lil bit of time and thought (and much self debation) I came to the conclusion that I wasn't ready to leave yet. So with all due respect I decided to return to all the amazing people on here with warm news, I'm finally getting internet hooked up by tomorrow! Which means I no longer will need to worry about posting by phone, and all the slow paced posting will be reduced by a lot after all.

I've much to share as far as intentions and goals, being the new year and all, and mostly definitely will begin to show more of my perspective in this scrapbook here soon. To Gale, Ignotus, Savio, Ireth, and.... my this list continues to grow.... anyway to all my Miza friends, I've missed you and can't wait to see you in chat and stuff. Right now though I must return to work, until then keep the writing strong and have an awesome day!

Zach
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on January 2nd, 2014, 11:14 pm

Hey! Great to have you back, mate.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eldritch on January 2nd, 2014, 11:20 pm

Yay! It will be good to have you back in Zeltiva Zach. Welcome back.
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ariann on January 4th, 2014, 12:30 pm

Yay! I'm happy to see you return, Ricky! Ariann's back, too! :D We needs to have them find eachother again, like they were supposed to when she got back from Nyka!

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 13th, 2014, 7:38 am

Settled In

Apologies on this late post as it was due early in regards to thanks for the huge welcome back everyone, with my hiatus finally passed I've been busy working on getting things running again plus my job in real life now. I can honestly admit I hate not having as much free time as I once did, but the ability to earn things is certainly a welcome change now that I have income. Honestly though work makes me anxious because of my antisocial behaviors I have, even if I tend to be rather extroverted I much rather keep to myself than put myself out there... if that makes any sense.

Anyway my job is simple as any other job, being a cashier for Walmart you just stand around all the time and check peoples items out. Not very fun or intellectually stimulating as writing or playing some video game, but it's work so I can't really complain much. I much rather look forward to some of the things I'll get to post here, since I now have some stories to share involving customers and how terrible the general public really is lately. Saturday I suffered a anxiety attack from built in stress, bad enough to break me down into tears right before I was sent home. Thankfully everyone that works there understands my pain, and even though I dread going to work again because I imagine the worst case scenarios a lot, I keep telling myself to just suck it up with a deep breath and don't allow it to be myself down. Rather easy to feel inadequate about myself I can easily think poorly of myself, and heavily of any situation that isn't so bad.

So I'll keep everyone posted with everything that goes on, and more than likely start using this scrapbook to just ventilate all my pent up stress here soon. Writing is after all one of my escapism's and it does help to share this stuff with others. :)

For now though ciao,
Zach
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on January 24th, 2014, 12:44 am

Dialogue and Form

So. I've been hit hard with the wonder at how hard it truly is to read Ricky's new form of dialogue, I more so thought to use it upon my return because it gives a more understanding feel to how he would sound, yet now wonder if by some mere chance it only confuses those who end up reading my posts. So it's a bit of a trial and error for me, as I'm now trying to figure out how I should go about expressing his dialogue in a different yet more easier to understand kind of way.

So I've decided to see what forms work, and with luck will hopefully have some results here shortly.

Before
"Count on me t' be there f'r ya!"
After
"Count on me ter be dare for ya!"

Example
Before
"'ey son! Did y'just wake up from a long nap? Did someone jsut wake up t' see his parents?
Current
"'ey son! Did ya jist wake up from a long nap? Did someone jist wake up ter clap 'is auld pair?"

EDIT: Results definitely pick the first one, so I'll have to go back and edit some posts to clear the butchered context up. :) Thanks goes to the ones that helped clear this up with me, and hopefully in due time I might find a probable solution to how I want his dialogue to actually show.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ariann on January 24th, 2014, 1:28 pm

I've never had a problem reading the newer form of his words... but understanding what he meant was a bit tricky at times. I enjoyed it, though :D

But yes, old-style is best for Ricky... his new way of talking sounded like he was chewing on a chunk of fatty corpuscle.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 25th, 2014, 6:38 am

Work and Such

Haha, glad to know you at least enjoyed it for the while. I'm sure it's a relief for everyone to be able to not only read but understand Ricky once more, on the plus side I did actually pick up on several things for the whole dialogue part. So Ricky will still have some of the good ol' quality accent I hoped to show, with a well thorough chart in development as well for more deeper understanding to his meaning. It's a major WIP but I'm already enjoying how it looks so far. ;)

Now as far as RL goes I've not really much to ventilate on seeing as how work is constantly the same, busy random hours that eat away my free time that I once enjoyed having. Lately though my hopes to work elsewhere in the store have yet to lead me anywhere, as I've been told there aren't any openings right now. It's actually fine because it motivates me to look elsewhere for a job I can actually enjoy, and when I finally have a secured position somewhere else besides where I work then I can just leave cashiering period. Not meaning to sound like a baby about it, but social anxiety issues and manners of the general public don't mix very well. Hence why I'm so determined to try elsewhere rather than settle for this stressful job.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on March 1st, 2014, 4:58 am

Little Slice of Hell

So again this is long overdo as I've had plenty other chances to post in here, yet those chances I did take seemed to end with a blank page due to internet fails and lost posts. So anyway I've decided to share here what I've been dealing with for the past week or two.

Working at Walmart has led me to literally hate the general public with a passion most of the time, because everyone is lazy, disrespectful, inconsiderate, and yes straight up rude to you although you may or may not deserve it. Almost ninety percent of the time it's not deserved but still happens, but anyways I've come to find that my social anxiety I deal with progessively gets worse. It'll have its better periods for sure, but mostly it's just gone downhill in that regard. I've not been moved elsewhere to deal with people less, even if I've tried constantly to deal with the problem.

Then there's the fact I finally catch a small break in regards to one of my dream careers; Food. I LOVE to be in the kitchen, it's my place of zen in difficult times other than Miza. Now I'm sort of juggling a sudo-job, I say sudo because it's likely NOT going to last, with a Indian restuarant and all they'll likely have me do is be dishwasher for the whole highlight of my career. It sounds terrible I know but already on day two and I can see no real professionalism being performed there, the kitchen area (though decent in some regards) is more of a cramped shithole that I'm stuffed so far within while the other boys make all the real money. Now having one job is hard because it only covers the bills and other needed shit, nothing really left over to live as comfortable as others do. But working with two shitty jobs, one even more shitty, really just puts you down.

So I'm sort of stuck in a rut as far as real life goes because I can't honestly seem to catch a break like I need, I'm just hopeful that after some serious effort is put into applying for more professional restuarants or food industries, I will finally be earning the living I need without as much stress from the environment around me. I know for a fact that I belong in the kitchen because deep down I feel it, that inborn feeling you seem to have that just tells you "Yes! Go for it!" or some shit like that. Strange as it sounds I honestly can't describe much, other than the "it feels right" deal in regards to where I belong.

~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext