[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Tarot's Soapbox episode 2 - Auristics part I

Postby Jason Alexander on January 5th, 2013, 5:29 pm

+1 Video Cred

*goes back to waiting on his preferred magics of Summoning and Reimancy*
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Evalin on January 5th, 2013, 6:57 pm

I love it! And I have to agree with Jason on the Summoning. I always wanted that to be Evalin's main discipline, but I am afraid I might have been doing a few things wrong in practice. So when you get the chance maybe a video on summoning, the mechanisms and now the actual summoning process works, straight from the horses mouth :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jason Alexander on January 5th, 2013, 7:08 pm

^^
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Rayage on January 5th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Amazing video. Part 2 is going to be great also. I know it.

EDIT- Going back over everything said (from your Djed video to this one) I really like how you said that Djed is like the matrix code because that is how I thought about it really. Though my understanding of Auristics wasnt too deep, I find myself connecting the dots even now and making comparisons. If Djed is like code, then Auristics is a program that allows the wizard to 'view' the code. Often then the wizard is able to infer things about its form and function. Code is code and sometimes the wizard doesnt really understand what the {b} {/b} stuff is, only that it means, to the wizard, that their hair is dark. They then might use Auristics more/longer to be able to stare at the code for a longer amount of time and therefor be able to pick out more details/infer something about what they are seeing. The higher level the wizard is, the more experience they have had looking at the 'Djed Code', the easier it is for them to quickly find out basic things that they saw when they were novice/competent, and perhaps then this blossoms out into a deeper understanding of the code as a whole. Better understanding=easier inferred things=Can read more about/pick up more information about auras being looked at.

-end wall of text-
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Tarot's Soapbox episode 1 - Djed

Postby Xavior Silhouette on January 6th, 2013, 9:36 pm

This video was horrible.

*Hides his true, gleeful, and delightful feelings inside.*
Life is what you make of it. Why not make it a piece of art that lasts till the end of time?
Xavior Silhouette
Player

Words: 195782
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Tarot on January 8th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Episode 3: Storytelling Training Program!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cSBsANEnLU

Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Gossamer on January 8th, 2013, 9:16 pm

I loved this video. It reminds me that its not truly about the story or what you get from storytelling but its indeed about the gift you give to others. And wow, that fun fact of 8% really blew my mind. I'm glad you shared that.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Verilian on January 8th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Tarot, I loved that video, and actually, you've given me an idea for my next (or at least somewhere down the line) video.. possibly multiple installments. But yay for inspiring me! Also, I wholeheartedly agree about what you said about delivering feelings and all that. Storytelling is so much more than grading and development, and I love that you touched on that.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Seleucus on January 9th, 2013, 1:14 am

Excellent video Tarot. I hope to watch all your up and coming videos. This training seems very informative, interesting, and fun. Hopefully I can learn from it as well as all our excellent storytellers. Great job!
Seleucus
Player

Words: 26585
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2012, 12:50 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[Vlog] Tarot's Soapbox

Postby Wrenmae on January 9th, 2013, 3:20 am

Fantastic! I love the way you describe the process of how you view storytelling. It's similar to the way I like to run my tabletop games, very character focused on developing their personal plots in combination with each other.

I look forward to the time I have time to get into a Tarot quest and I'm looking forward to your video on the structure of the quest.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext