[Phoenix's Vlog] Listen While I Ramble

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Phoenix on January 12th, 2013, 6:28 am

WIND REACH! YAAAAAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py9R39Hez-c

And... part two. I seem to not be able to do things in one take and I don't know how to edit my videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U-hbH8xKUI
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Verilian on January 12th, 2013, 7:08 am

Great videos, Jules! I just thought of another question in relation to the Ivak thing. We know how the Inarta feel about the god, but how do the Wind Eagles feel? They were the ones who knew everything all along, and they are the ones who failed to contain him, so I'm really curious how they feel now that he's free.

Also, for those who don't know, maybe you could talk about the Wind Eagles status in society. How they are viewed by the various castes, what power they have, ect.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on January 12th, 2013, 7:14 am

So, I had a quick question.

You mention in your Vblog that some of the Inarta are telepathic, and your example was with the Wind Eagles.

I was wondering if this ability branched out to other Inarta/Humans/Races, like would an Inarta that was telepathic, have a telepathic conversation with a Vantha, or a Symenstra just as easily as with a Wind Eagle?

You do awesome videos, by the way.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Accolade on January 12th, 2013, 7:22 am

Loved the videos!

Even though you....but never mind that. It's an honor to be called upon, even though you kinda..called me a chick!

Still, you touched on a lot of good points, and some of it I didn't know to an extent, so that was good to hear. You might want to post this in WR and put it some place where people will find it easier, because you talked about a lot of stuff that's important and the players need to see it.

Thanks for answering my question you're the best!
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Iosha on January 12th, 2013, 9:46 am

I learned something tonight. I just wanted to say that your videos will definitely help my character being a foreigner interact with the different castes in Wind Reach, and I think it will help me make more believable Inartan NPCs in my threads.

Thank you Phoenix your video were very informative. :)
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 12th, 2013, 11:50 am

Please excuse the lag at the end, don't know what happened there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns1i-RMAp88
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Imass on January 12th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Excellent videos Jules!

What is the hook or draw of playing a Dek, they have so many handicaps what's the point so to speak?

What would a typical Syliran Knight know about the inartans and wind reach? Is their a racial prejudice against them because their history and culture? What's the chance of seeing an inartan in the east and as a knight how would they typically react to one? Basically expand on the relationship between syliras and the syliras domain (I.e paragons area)

Thanks for the hard work,
Imass
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Phoenix on January 12th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Thanks everyone for your responses!! Yay! People watched it! Sorry it was 20 minutes long. For everyone other than Ron, I will answer your questions :) Thanks again for the kind words

Jen is right, I am always studying Chemistry.

I think I laughed throughout this whole video. Thanks for answering the question for me Jen, because I really didn’t have time to do it myself. Oh and I just hit the part where it started lagging. Matt looks confused!

And for the glowing glasses, why do you think I sit there at the computer with my head tilted slightly forward? Because I have the screen almost level with my face and I have to tilt my head so you don’t get glowing glasses. Try it and then thank me later.

You guys are awesome hahaha. Now I’m off to watch matts video!
Phoenix

Office
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Elna on January 13th, 2013, 6:08 am

I hope I'm not contributing to much to the shy and soft-spoken problem. I wanted to make a character that was a product of being weak in a society that expected a lot of dominance. Elna doesn't talk to people because she's bitter that their lives turned out better then hers and she doesn't speak out because she is paranoid that everything is a test complete with punishments for failure. I felt that in a society based on celebrating the strong should really ware down on the weak both mentally and socially. Thus you get some introverted Inarta, at least in the lower castes.

I'd also like to say that I've had the good fortune of Rping with Raif in my first thread. He plays really well to that whole jerk Endal persona you were talking about. I need characters to be a jerk to Elna sometimes so she can feel validated in her world view.

Oh and another thing, if you want less sexual abuse towards the Dek, I'd suggest changing this quote in the wiki.
By and large the vast majority of 'youth' come from the ranks of drudges and commoners. Most are byproducts of liaisons (either wanted or unwanted) from riders and artisans taking advantage of fair looking drudge women.

This is where they are getting it from, it's implying that a large number, maybe even the majority of Inartans are born from a high caste member having sex with the best looking among the Dek. Its spelled out as highly common so I'd change that if you want to see less of it reflected in the PCs
Elna
Avora in Training

Words: 56514
Joined roleplay: September 9th, 2012, 3:11 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Phoenix on January 13th, 2013, 7:06 am

Oh, very good Elna! Thank you so much for pointing that out and that's a marvelous find!!

I was not thinking of Elna when I said what I did about shy pcs. In fact, I wasn't thinking about anyone currently in the city playing. So don't worry about that. Everyone that I thought had gone too far with the shy thing had gotten a polite suggestion via PM. Of course, the PCs are your own and a suggestion is all I can make in the long run.

Keep being awesome! :D
Phoenix

Office
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)