Completed Along the Harbor's Water

The start of Ariann's journey. Please PM if you would like to join.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ricky Maze on May 26th, 2013, 11:42 am

Ricky laughed when he heard ArIann go on about being hungry, he could easily admit that after such an experience he would feel the same too. He listened quite intently when Leila suggested the three choices the Charoda could opt for, a plausible friendly grin came on his face at the idea of eating at Leila's home again. 'Now that was a good dinner.' He thought with a smile as he remembered the delicious cod with kelp she served. Although the night took a turn he should've seen coming he remained ignorant to the signs, there for oblivious to the feelings Leila started to develop. That is until the kiss came along between them, then Ricky became quite unsure (but still aware) of the possibility that something was there.

"Shaco?! He's as harmless as a dog can be!" Ricky enthused to Ariann as he kneeled down to pet the dog. He gave Shaco some affectionate ear scratches and belly rubs, while Leila assured Ariann that the dog would be well mannered and safe. The Customs Office would be there first stop to make before leaving though, as the healer's kit needed to be returned now that their new friend had been patched up and ready to go. Ricky then noticed that Leila slipped her hand into his when they waited to hear what Ariann would choose, and even though he probably wouldn't mind it happening before he still didn't know what to think of it now. 'Petch, I wish I knew what to say to 'er...'

He didn't like the idea of leaving her in the dark, not when it would probably lead her on if things got crazy. Well, crazier come to think of it; already he had a wild spring going and it was only the beginning of the new year. 'I'll just have to tell 'er 'bout everythin' when I've the time.' He hoped and prayed to Laviku, and what ever other God or Goddess out there, that the time would come soon. It didn't sit we'll with him trying to avoid something, but what could he say to help the situation? Already he felt lost again, unsure at what his next action should be. So he decided that it probably be best not to worry so much, a time would come when he wasn't so damn occupied, and when it did he would tell Leila everything. "Believe me Ariann," Ricky hid his occupied concern with another smile, "Leila's a good cook. The choice be yer's though." He chuckled a bit as they waited to hear what Ariann would choose, his held hand loosely gripped Leila's while they waited.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ariann on May 28th, 2013, 4:03 pm

Ariann felt a strange pitch in her stomach as it turned over when Fish were mentioned. The thought of many of her close sea-friends being fished out of the water, grilled and eaten was a terrifying concept to Ariann and she quickly shook her head. "Charoda do not eat meat." She said, glancing back at the two as Leila slipped her hand into Ricky's. A hot feeling shot throughout Ariann's body as envy unknowingly coursed through Ariann, causing her cheeks to turn red. Ariann quickly looked away to allow her normal color to return. Ricky and Leila are too close. She thought to herself as she raised a webbed hand and looked at it, flexing it as if thinking about holding hands with someone else.

Leila and Ricky both spoke about how harmless Shaco was, but Ariann did not buy it. She kept a weary eye on the four-legged monstrosity that trotted nearby, disliking the way it slobbered all the time. She didn't know it, but her brow had furrowed angrily at the animal and she was silently snarling at the dog, bearing her sharp dagger-like teeth. For a moment, she paused, her looks going from anger to slight surprise as she realized what she had been doing. She donned an ashamed look and glanced towards her webbed feet that made wet squishing sounds as she walked oddly on the stone ground. She was still wet from leaping out of the water and getting herself cut up.

"I wish to eat." She nodded, frowning slightly, "We can go to Leila's Home." She said, frowning and facing away from the pair as they walked. "But Charoda do not drink alcohol. We have no tolerance for it." She stated, as if she'd drank before, but she'd never once touched any form of ale. She fell silent then, falling back to her baser emotions and trying to determine why she felt so envious of Leila.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Leila on May 28th, 2013, 8:00 pm

Leila had no idea that there were people out there that couldn't eat meat. Meat seemed essential to all people, it made them big and strong, and there was something satisfying of getting filled up by meat. She'd never had to cook a full meal without the use of any sort of meat, so she'd have to get creative. But first things first, she made her way, hand in hand with Ricky, into the Customs Office. She smiled at the man working there, "Thank you so much, crisis has been solved." She set the kit on the desk, flashed him a smile, then left.

Outside of the office, "I need to do a bit of shopping here at the docks, really quick, for our meal." She felt Ricky's hand grip hers, and it made her smile, followed by a silent giggle. She led him toward another dock, one that typically catered to fishing boats. But it was not the fishermen she was interested in. There was a small ship, who was unloading a net full of a green, slimy mass. It was a kelp farming ship. Leila walked up to the side of the ship, "Hello, is the captain here?" A very short man, with white hair, bald on top, whispy, popped up from the ship. "Why hello there lassie! Oh a Wave Guard! Am I in trouble? I swear that Akvatari was of age!" He paused for a moment, before bursting into laughter, "BAHAHAHA, I kid, I kid!" Then he spotted the Charoda, "Oh my, a child of Laviku himself, what an honor!" The man hopped down off the ship, and Leila realized he was quite possibly the only adult she'd ever met that was shorter than her. He was stocky, fit from years as life as a sailor, though clearly much older than all of them. He walked up to Ariann and stuck out a hand, "It is always a pleasure to meet one of your kind," he then turned to Leila, "So how can I help you today miss...?"

"I'd like to buy some of your freshest kelp, I'm cooking a meal for myself and my two friends here, and I only need about one good length or so. The only problem is, I'm not sure how to tell the difference between good cooking kelp and other kinds."

"Wow, now that is a topic I could talk on about for days, especially with a steady stream of kelp beer in my system. But I suppose I will make it simple for you. You would want thicker kelp for cooking, it gives it much more flavor, and much more to chew on. However, you don't want any of this green muck I have in this net. One tick, and I'll grab you something proper." The little man disappeared back into his ship, then came back with a length of purple kelp. "I call this type 'Fat Betty' after my first love. It's thick, colorful, and tasty. And you can have this for a single silver Miza."

Leila studied it, felt the soft texture, and had an idea. "Well if you got this from your ship and not your nets, I take it this wasn't freshly caught?" The captain shifted slightly, "Well yes, I suppose that's true."

"Well then, I think five coppers would be more appropriate."

"Nine."

"Six."

"Nine."

"Split the difference at seven or I walk now."

"...Fine. Seven coppers it is."

The captain wrapped up the purple kelp in wax preservation paper and handed Leila the bundle, and received the seven copper Mizas, "Pleasure doing business with you captain. I think I'll take you up on that offer of a beer and learning about your trade more. I work at World's End Grotto for now, though I'll have my own shop up on West Street starting next season. So you know where to find me?"

"I might take you up on that offer lassie, I like meeting a shrewd woman, especially with good birthing hips like those."

Leila blushed profusely at the compliment, and turned to leave gripping Ricky's hand harder than she had been. Out of earshot of the captain, "I still need to stop by the Snowpea patch, but there's plenty you can show her on the tour on the way there."
I'm accepting threads only for Summer 513 AV or Flashbacks with Leila. If you'd like to thread, PM me with a date and a basic idea of what you'd like to do! Thanks!
Leila
Player

Words: 173018
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ricky Maze on May 30th, 2013, 7:35 am

Ricky raised an eyebrow with intrigue after he heard Ariann say she didn't eat meat, it came as a bit of surprise considering how she dwelled within the water so much. 'No wonder she be so scrawny, she ain't gettin' that good substance meat provides.' He figured since fish were plentiful she'd be eating happily, but since he learned that it wasn't the case he decided to shrug the thought off. He kept close to Leila of course as was his natural instinct, it seemed to kick in easily while he overlooked the idea that maybe she felt more for him. A foolish notion really as he acted only naive, and believed that the answer would only come when it would come.

After they returned the healers kit to the office Leila guided them to a boat that seemed to be harvesting Kelp, Ricky could tell by the smell it gave off when they arrived. However he wasn't so sure if it was the Kelp or the captain that smelled worse, considering the man had a dirty sense of humor along with the terrible hygiene. Still he chuckled a bit as he waited for Leila to do her business, again he found himself soon to be admiring her handiwork. When it came to haggling for the kelp she never backed down, not until she found a fair price that saved her a small amount of change. Of course when he found that Leila had the Kelp and started to lead them off, the captain's comment didn't go unnotice to the guard's ear. He reminded himself that the captain was just an old sea dog, which can only lead to expecting that kind of behavoir.

"Don't let 'em get to ya, sailors are always like that in general. Spend enough time away from company and it becomes a crave that never ends." He assured her with a better small grin, a comfortable grin really now that the kelp boat was behind them. "Ariann, get ready for some good cookin', 'cause Leila's a chef in the makin' she is." He mused with a slight chuckle as they went on their way. He wondered when the time to tell Leila what he needed to say would come, if he would have the chance to express his thoughts and worries when they were alone. Clearly today wouldn't do since they had company, but when he found the time he most definitely would. The issue was when that time would actually come. "The Patch it is, Ariann ya already know where to find the Docks. So any curiosity about a place we pass just ask, and I'll tell ya everythin' I know." He enthused with another chuckle, warm just like the attitude he seemed to develope before them.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ariann on June 3rd, 2013, 4:42 am

A shy "Hello." was all the captain of the kelp ship got when he addressed Ariann, who began to slink back behind Ricky. She did not like the way the man smelled. She whimpered slightly as she realized the smell was that of dead fish. He had the smell of someone who had been on a fishing boat for a long while and Ariann could smell the scent of a few fish that had gotten caught in the nets when they had harvested the kelp. The sight of the large, thick purple kelp made Ariann's mouth water and drew her out from behind Ricky for a mere moment before she retreated again, staying there until they left.

When they left the docks, Ariann began to fall behind as she looked around at the buildings in wonder. Her mouth gaped for a moment as she looked up to see the roofs of a patch of buildings, her emerald eyes blinking constantly as if they were adjusting to the dry air. The gills on the sides of her head fluttered a bit as she breathed, as if trying to filter air out of water still due to habit. After the mention of cooking, Ariann stopped altogether. The thought of meat sizzling on fire caused her stomach to turn over, the color in her face draining quickly. "Cook?" She blinked, "Meat?" She wanted to protest, but if the land-dwellers needed to eat meat, she would deal with it. After all, Charodae were meant to learn about the land, rather than start wars with the dwellers. Her eyes went back to the dog as she began to follow again.

Leila's a chef in the making... good birthing hips... crave... She mulled over how much Leila had been praised with words that should have been offensive, yet were positive. The land-dwellers had a strange way of talking to eachother, much different from the way charodae speak to one another. "Strange..." came the Char words, which sounded like Ariann was choking and hacking up a loogey at the same time as she spoke. The Char language sounded very different above water and even Ariann seemed to notice as she glanced up nervously. She then looked away again, trying to avoid thoughts about Ricky and Leila, but unable to help it. "Ricky Wave-Guard... are you and Leila life-mates?" She says suddenly, looking up, "You two seem to have underlying feelings towards one-another..." She blinked, tilting her head to the side as she awaited a response.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Leila on June 8th, 2013, 12:07 am

Leila smiled at Ricky, still blushing profusely, "I know, papa was a sailor for most of his life before I was born. I'm just not used to..." 'Receiving compliments' is what she wanted to say. "Receiving a man's attention."

Neither of them took the initiative to give the tour, even Ricky who was supposed to be doing it, so Leila started forward, fully prepared to introduce this strange woman to their world. Until Ariann spoke and froze Leila in her tracks. 'Lifemates?' Leila knew what she was implying, and if she'd been red before, now she was full on crimson. She squeaked meekly, trying to avoid the thought, even though it wasn't a terrible one. She started walking faster, trying to hide her embarrassment, pretending she hadn't heard anything. If they caught up to her walking, she would pretend like she thought they were behind her, that she was just being absent minded.
I'm accepting threads only for Summer 513 AV or Flashbacks with Leila. If you'd like to thread, PM me with a date and a basic idea of what you'd like to do! Thanks!
Leila
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ricky Maze on June 9th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Receiving a man's attention? Ricky raised his eyebrows in surprised disbelief, Leila certainly seemed like the woman who would be getting all sorts of attention from men. She's smart and funny, a good cook and a good medic, and admittedly she looked georgous too! Ricky found it very hard to believe it, even though she moved out of her mothers place not too long ago. There was still plenty of time inbetween when they first met and now for her to have received good compliments. Although that captain wasn't the greenest kelp in the net when he complimented her, Ricky imagined Leila to receive all sorts of better and more proper compliments. He only shrugged with a simple grin, and slowly picked up his pace as Leila began to lead them. Inadvertedly Ricky forgot he was the one giving the tour, his mind simply focused on Leila and the idea of food she may cook. That was when Ariann said the most cheesy thing Ricky had heard.

"Wha?" Ricky looked dimwittedly confused now, his face a small and light shade of red as his thoughts were completely off track. 'Lifemates?!' He choked on the air he inhaled, a few couphs to clear his throat came as he pointed to a path that led up to the Grotto. ''Scuse me.' He cleared hid throat once more, and hoped the tour would distract them long enough to avoid thinking about the "lifemate" subject. "That be the way to World's Edge Grotto up there, ya can find rooms to rent and sleep in or eat a meal for a small fee." He looked around for the next thing to point out, which didn't happen to come along until they were between East and West Street ten chimes later.

"Down here is West Street, where we have several businesses." He pointed down West Street for Ariann to see, then when she would look down East Street he would explain. "East Street isn't the nicest part o' Zeltiva, so if ya walk down this street please do be careful." He gave a friendly grin to Ariann, hopefully she felt safer in his presence that she did before. He wondered if they should take a detour into Zeltiva to see the Fountain of Cascading Harmony, since that tended to be a popular sight for all types of people. "Say, how 'bout we make a detour. I wanna show ye two somethin' georgous."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ariann on June 10th, 2013, 3:42 am

Ariann watched the two's reactions with interest, waiting for one of themj to speak. Neither seemed to protest her claim honestly. Only Leila seemed to give any clear answer. Still, Ariann could only help but smile broadly as she realized her predictions were quite correct. So they do like eachother... or at least Leila does. She thought to herself, listening in as Ricky pointed out some things. When he finally stopped to ask them if they would like to go see something that ricky thought was unique, Ariann's thoughts began to wander.

Inexplicably, she found herself tredging her way down the cobble road and into the East Street, which was exactly where she was told not to go. She was thinking about many things. A few of her thoughts were centered upon the thought of her home, Charbosi, while others were of the land dweller's society. Then her mind hopped over to thoughts of Ricky and her own feelings. He had managed to hold her interest more than any other land-dweller so far. Just thinking about him and how he made her feel caused her stomach to go numb.

That was when she realized where she was. She had taken a detour far from the others in a silent manner that probably would have kept them unaware of her departure for at least a few minutes. She was only a block or two down the street from them, but the space began to make her feel alone. Shadows moved in between a pair of buildings, one belonging to a small pub. Three men eyed her from the five-foot wide hallway between the buildings and caused the skin on the back of her neck to begin to crawl. This is the East Road. Ricky said not to go here. Thoughts crossed her mind and the underlying feel beneath them was plainly evident on her face.

Fear.

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Leila on June 11th, 2013, 12:35 am

Leila had finally managed to get her blustering self and her blushing under control, and taking several deep breaths, returned to her companions. She listened to him point out World's End Grotto, where Leila worked. "You'd like World's End Grotto if you gave it a chance. I tend bar there, making drinks and helping out the customers. Although I'd suspect you might like Kelp Beer more than the mead and ale the Grotto is known for." She wondered which sight Ricky was taking them to see, as she made her way back to his side, taking his hand in hers, grasping it a bit more firmly than earlier.

Even though it had been wholly embarrassing, Leila wondered if Ricky would make a good 'lifemate' as Ariann had put it. He was protective, a hard worker, kind, a good all around man. And he liked her. She wondered if he would ever ask her officially, or if he would go to her father and ask for permission to begin courting her. Leila saw the poor Charoda woman freeze up, a look of dread filling her face. "You don't need to worry Ari, we're safe with Ricky here. No one would even think of bothering us."
Leila
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ricky Maze on June 11th, 2013, 4:17 am

Ricky listened to Leila as she tried to convince Ariann they were safe, the fear present in the tension of her body. "Hey Ariann, Leila's right. There won't be anyone to try anythin' when I or another guard is around, so ye don't have to worry so long as ye stick close." He called out in an effort to herd her back to them, a content expression filled his face as he felt Leila grasp his hand. "C'mon and let's go see the fountain, ye'll like that part of Zeltiva." He urged her with entusiasm. He waited until Ariann would be within the party once more, before he would guide them onward. They would head into the direction of the Old Quarter for a bit, until they would reach a point where they turned. "I live in a buildin' complex tucked away just in the Old Quarter there." He pointed out with a bit enthusiasm, his mood light and hearty as he kept an eye on the people around them. Zeltiva had grown a bit spacious after last seasons plague, enough to where the usual crowds of the day seemed lessen and vigilant of others who may still be sick.

"I own just one room for now, but since I've been gettin' my life back together I plan to buy the rest o' the complex out so I can raise a family one day." He didn't honestly mind to share that bit of information, after all he hadn't really told any one about the life long dream he had made so long ago. Slowly and steadily he worked to rebuild the fragments of his life, he had only just gotten the first piece of his home back this season. It was a project that would take forever to accomplish, and shameful enough he even thought about asking for help from his friends. Yet he couldn't find it in himself to just simply mooch or borrow money, not when he could just work at it on his own. 'It's a life long commitment I'm willin' to make.' He reminded himself as he guided them onward, it took about fifteen chimes of a walk but they arrived at the place he wanted to bring them.

The Fountain of Cascading Harmony.

It was a beautiful fountain tucked away in the city, a place where people could give a tribute to Laviku and in some cases make a wish. A popular place to be during this time of year, for some people spring happen to be the season of love. Ricky brought them close to the fountain so they could see it up close, the floor of the fountain littered with coppers, silvers, gold, and even nilo. Ricky found the fountain to be relaxing as he watched the waters flow make gentle splashes, he could only describe the feeling as peaceful when he stared at the beauty the fountain showed.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext