Completed Along the Harbor's Water

The start of Ariann's journey. Please PM if you would like to join.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ariann on June 12th, 2013, 8:46 pm

Ariann was quiet for a number of minutes before her eyes flicked back to Leila and Ricky. Her thoughts swarmed within her mind and she found herself backing away from the pair. She didn't want to learn any more about the city. She wanted to go home now. She wanted to sleep in the water beneath her floating house and eat a sandwich of kelp. Before she realized it she had turned away, muttering "I must go!" back to the pair before fleeing the area. She had seen enough to scare herself thuroughly and the thought of seeing something amazing was terrifying to her young mind. Enough was enough within moderation.

She found herself speeding through the streets, breaking through a group of sailors that yelled at her and then speeding down the pier that she had originally fallen onto and discovered how hard the land felt on her face. She stumbled halfway down the pier, but managed to keep herself aloft and on her feet before diving into the water again, the splash almost non-existent. After she had submerged enough to barely see out of the waves, she turned back towards the city, waiting with wide eyes. Then they clenched shut and she practically disappeared again, flying away from the pier through the water. Her figure seemed to fade into the blackness of the water and all signs of her being was quickly gone.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Leila on June 12th, 2013, 9:27 pm

Leila didn't even know what to say, to do, when the Charoda woman excused herself, and ran, sprinted away. Had the poor girl seen a ghost or a monster that no one else could see? She shook her head, in slight disbelief. Charodae were very strange creatures, very strange indeed. But Leila gave small smile, and wished the fishy woman the best of luck.

Leila turned toward Ricky, "Apparently fountains are terrifying. Or maybe it's that goofy grin of yours." She took his hand, and pulled him over to the monument by the hand. She then pulled out two silver mizas, handed one to Ricky. "Make a wish!" She then closed her eyes, and held a single wish in her mind. 'I wish that Ricky will marry me one day.' She then flipped the miza into the water with a small plop, and waited on Ricky to finish his. She was already blushing at the secret she kept from him. She then looked up at him, sheepishly, wanting to ask what he wished for. Instead, she turned his chin with a light touch of a hand, to look down at her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, stood on her tiptoes, and pressed her lips to his, firmly. Unlike their first time, her lips were seeking his out, seeking to please, and be pleased. For the first time, Leila was letting her body's feelings beat out her mind, and after several long, long ticks, she pulled away.

"You should get back to work Ricky, I'm going home. I hope to see you again real soon."

She kissed him on the cheek, turned, and started walking away, a slight skip in her step, her heart beating fast. Her hands carried the package of kelp behind her back, as she looked over her shoulder at her Wave Guard. Hers. She smiled at him, and then disappeared down West Street.

OOCOne more reply Ricky, then we're done :)
I'm accepting threads only for Summer 513 AV or Flashbacks with Leila. If you'd like to thread, PM me with a date and a basic idea of what you'd like to do! Thanks!
Leila
Player

Words: 173018
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Ricky Maze on June 13th, 2013, 5:15 am

To his disappointment Ariann had to run and leave them, just before Ricky got to tell her about the fountain before them. He was quite fond of the tales tied to it as he occasionally found himself able to believe, but it had been a while since he had put blind faith in such a wish. He chuckled with ease and Leila's remark as she brought them closer to the fountain, a silver miza handed to him as she instructed to make a wish. With a smirk he took the silver coin and looked at it, he had come think that Leila had been a little to giving with him lately. The dinner, the theatre, and now of course the wishing fountain. There was just no end to the amount of kindness she had demonstrated, and Ricky had so little to repay her in return. 'I wish I could discover the biggest way to repay Leila, for the kindness and friendship she's given me.' Admittedly he could've wished for more, something inside him somewhere thought maybe there coulf be more between them. And it was right in a sense, because even in this confused state of mind he was in he found himself starting to develop feelings for her.

With a will to make this wish come true followed with faith that this wish would come through, just as his first wish had finally began to do, he flipped the coin into the air. It flew up spinning with a small "ding" from his thumb, and then gravity willed for it to plummet into the fountain with a splash. When he looked down to Leila with a content smile he could see that her face was red with a blush, as she wrapped her arms around him and went in for a kiss. This time however she didn't seem to be shy about it, as her lips pressed against his and caused his entire head to mentally spin. What was it that held him back? What feelings waited inside him that wouldn't allow the ones for Leila to come forward? Something just wasn't right, something felt that even though he liked her, what he was doing wad right and wrong both at the same time. When Leila pulled away, Ricky found that his breath was stolen. Whether it was the surprise of Leila or the overwhelming confusion that remained in his mind, he still hadn't the answer to the moment. When she mentioned he should get back to work, he nodded with a loose smile. He watched her as she walked on until she was out of sight, then turned to look at the silver coins they threw in. 'What the petch does this mean? What in Zeltiva am I suppose to do?!' There were no answers as expected, only another lost Ricky who didn't know what to do. He sighed as he went to return to his post, clearly he had been mistaken when he believed his first wish was granted... because things didn't seem to be getting as better as he thought.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Along the Harbor's Water

Postby Abstract on June 27th, 2013, 12:52 am

Loot, Lore, and Skills!

Ariann :
Skills:
Observation - 3
Singing - 1
Reimancy - 1
Swimming - 1
Socialization - 1

Lores:
Using Char to annoy people
People aren't actually so scary...
Ricky the Wave Guard
Land-dwellers: Strange
Cyan Pepper: Useful for wounds
Leila: A good chef
Ricky's house

Ricky :
Skills:
Observation - 3
Rhetoric - 2
Socialization - 2
Running - 1
Swimming - 1
Teaching - 1

Lores:
A strange fishy thing...
Strange melody
Ariannalise the Charoda
Charoda: Curious and interesting
Helping a Charoda
Seaweed works as a bandage
Charoda don't eat meat
Wishing on how to repay someone

Leila :
Comments:
Since your account was retired, I was unable to grade your portion of the thread.

Ariann, please not that there are no minutes in Mizahar, since they are called 'chimes'... Ariann, I think you could have done the reimancy a little better, as it was slightly... random, and vague. Also Ricky, I gave you a point in teaching, for the tour! Overall, it was an interesting thread, and I quite liked the kind of deep bit at the end. In parts, it was slightly jerky, mostly during Ariann's movements to the East street, and away from the fountain. Please PM me if you have any questions, concerns, or comments!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Previous