Open light it up.

Alements Grand Opening!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

light it up.

Postby Tydus Tempest on March 13th, 2014, 3:47 am

By Laviku's Breath, there's nothing in this city for a blasted rum drinker, is there?

The Svefra thought it to himself as he recalled the taverns that he had set into for his pursuit of the glory that was the particular breed of liquor. But, it was rare. So completely, and utterly rare that the Svefra only had the chance to try it when the Fist was still sailing the Suvan. He recalled that the crew had, at some point, purchased an enormous supply of it, and to this day, Tydus held a measure of it in the flask secured upon his waist. It was approximately three-quarters full, the Svefra taking merely sips, droplets of the blessed elixir per day in order for him to remember the taste.

It was so good, in fact, that Tydus had, more than once, hypothesized that rum was the elixir of eternal life bestowed to the world of men by the Gods themselves, not that anyone would believe such an outlandish tale. the Tempest scion shook his head, a 'tch' escaping his lips as he made his way towards the bar, carefully ignoring the obvious sights of Kel and Shijara, knowing somewhat of their history and finding it more amusing in the long run to leave them alone.

Rather, the man made his way towards the menu list, again scoffing as the lack of rum upon the menu forced his stomach into an infuriated clench, the Svefra using all of the willpower he could muster to not bang onto the bar's counter as he placed his order, "A mug of ale, please."

Always the second choice. Always the second best. Ale was the third place loser of what stole Tydus' heart. The first was rum, the next sex, and the last, relegated, almost hated of the three was ale. When his drink arrived, he pressed a silver miza to the counter before he asked, "Lass, I've been dyin' to know since me friend introduced me to this, but where do you find the blessed beverage known as rum? There is a thirst on m'tongue, and ale doesn't seem to quench it properly..."

The woman arched her eyebrows in surprise before she answered, "Looks like you're going to be thirsty for some time, then. Rum's a specialty in Kenash. It's not too far off to the north, if you've got a ship."

Kenash?

The Svefra had no idea where it was, but if it was close by, he was going to have to convince Callipsia that it was of tantamount importance to go there. Rum was the poison that carried the Tempests to glorious reminiscence. It was the ichor that pumped through the blood of each sailor. It was the potion that revived the heart and soul, warmed the blood and caused a Tempest's (at least, this one's) heart to sing sonnets of romance and adventure.

The Svefra nodded, a grim expression upon his features as he sipped his ale. Pah. Piss in a mug, for all he cared. The need for rum drove him mad, forcing the Svefra to take a quick sip from his flask immediately after draining his mug of ale in order to offset the addiction. He was, for now, pleased. He turned around on his seat in the bar, eager eyes of Laviku's blood cast about, searching for a soul to soothe yet another addiction he found creeping into his mind. Conversation, of course, was a need that was equal to every other. Tydus wasn't alive unless he was talking to people.

After all, if he wasn't talking to others, the ghosts of the past were speaking to him, welling up in his thoughts and nightmares alike. He needed a distraction from it, and obviously, ale wasn't going to do it.

Tydus Tempest
The Tempest Scion

Words: 365477
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 7:45 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

light it up.

Postby Shijara on March 13th, 2014, 5:07 am

Shijara was about to answer Elise when she noticed two things. One was a young man with a mandolin with his eyes focused on the waitress, the second was her worst nightmare, announcing himself in the most pompous way possible. She sighed, "Make it a bottle. Regular please, unless you can make it any stronger." She gave the woman the money and was thankful to receive the drink in time before Elise's attention was captured by the other male.

And then it happened. Like a sandstorm in summer, Kel had honed in and blown away her hopes. The chair moved flawlessly, catching a very pleased seafarer. The bottle still in her hand, Shijara set it down carefully on the table and listened to his words, hands still wrapped around the wine's neck.

"Well, well well. Lookee’ who it tis’. Shi Shi, yeh’ haven’t as much as come by teh’ docks to say hello.”

She feigned a smile, "Haven't I? You must have been too busy looking at your own reflection." It was only when he asked the second question did she give an expected sigh, using her free hand to pinch the bridge of her nose and then rub one of her temples.

“So Shijara, how has me woman been doin’, eh? Enjoyin’ yehr’ drink?”

She held up a finger, giving her head a small shake. So many things wrong with that sentence. Your woman? No, no. Enjoying it? Yes, she was. But it was now more of a necessity than a leisure. While she held up a hand, she gave another fake smile, "I'm not drunk enough for this, yet." And with that, she put the bottle to her lips, closing a set of white teeth around the tip of it and yanked the bottle open. With an audible pop, the wine began to breath and she caught its sweet and sour scent, spitting the cork on the table between them. She took a swing straight from the source, before clearing her throat and pouring herself a more sophisticated glass.

She immediately started drinking, and looked up at Kel from the drink and then past him. A familiar figure was approaching the bar. For a second, Shijara thought she caught his eye, but he did not seem interested in conversation. She smirked to herself, and inwardly winced at the memory of her and Tydus. That had been a tricky day... Thanks to someone.

Her dark eyes locked back onto Kel, "I've been well. Sorry about the docks," Shijara's words were seeping sarcasm, no longer interested in staying polite like their previous encounters. Tonight, it was time for him to have a taste of his own medicine. Of course, he would probably adore it. At that moment, Shi decided to imitate the male, "But I am just sooo alluring that I knew you'd come to find me sooner or later." The Chaktawe winked, "And here you are."

And then her glass was raised again, and she looked bitterly around the room, although if Shi was going to be honest, she would enjoy this game. It was different from the one she had played with Tydus. That was about desire. This one would be the opposite. This would be edgy and uncomfortable. Or at least that was what she hoped for. Leave it to Kel to be the only one who would find something he would say delightful.

Soon Kel's own drink was brought to the table -- a large pitcher of ale. Shijara set down her wine glass, grinning smugly at the blue eyed man in front of her, "Oh, did you want to share?"
Last edited by Shijara on March 13th, 2014, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TO MY WONDERFUL PARTNERS: You guys are the best.
Shijara
Soul Stealer

Words: 95233
Joined roleplay: February 26th, 2014, 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Light It Up.

Postby Kel Tempest on March 13th, 2014, 6:25 am

Day 27 of Spring in the Year 514 AV

The Svefra leaned back in his chair, balancing on the back two legs. Shijara didn’t seem like she had consumed much alcohol yet but he would make sure that changed very soon. He looked around for the waitress to bring him his drink but she seemed busy. He left her alone for the moment. “Not drunk enough yeh’ say? Outrage!” Kel pounded the table with his fist. He was pleased to see an entire bottle of wine on the table. It was going to be quite the evening. He could feel it.

He watched as her attention shifted from him towards another whom had entered the bar. Kel craned his neck, trying to see who had come through. Spotting Tydus, he smiled briefly. His podmate had said he would catch up with Kel shortly after leaving the Laviku’s Wrath. Kel had wandered on ahead, intent on exploring the new bar.

A smirk found its way onto Kel’s face as he looked back towards Shijara, remembering the tale that Tydus had recounted irritably to him the night of the incident. Shijara had apparently been invited onto Kel’s ship, the Laviku’s Wrath, home of the two Svefra, after Tydus had saved her from drowning. The younger Svefra had made a few moves on the woman but was interrupted when she caught sight of his pod tattoo. It was identical to the one Kel had showed her the previous night. Much to Kel’s hilarity, it ruined the night for her and Tydus.

Kel tried holding back the laughter but it could still be heard in his voice. He lifted his arm and pulled back the sleeve, revealing his pod tattoo that each of the Svefra had. He wiggled his eyebrows.
“So Shi Shi. Me be hearin’ yeh’ met Ty, ‘eh?” He winked at her and couldn’t resist letting out a chuckle.

"Me brotha, he be a scoundrel that one. Always bringin' a new girl onto me ship...git's downright annoying after awhile. Girl after girl...always another, it never seems to stop. A new one 'erry night, I'd say." He shook his head sadly.

He waited for her response, knowing from the brief time he knew her, it would get under her skin. He enjoyed pushing people’s buttons. They continually tried pushing his, but what few people realized was that he didn’t have any buttons to be pushed. His incredibly massive ego combined with his shallow nature left him immune to such attempts.

When the snide remark left her lips, Kel grinned and slowly applauded.
“A-ha! There it be. I knew deep down in yeh’, there be a sharp wit waitin’ to dig its claws in’na me.” The waitress finally brought the pitcher of ale to him and he pulled the large container closer.

“It be yehr’ eyes. Pretty shurr’ at some point, yeh’ sucked a bit of me soul out in’na ‘em. Tisn’t fair really, I had no choice but teh’ follow yeh’ in here…” He shook his head mournfully. He peeked up at her through the mess of hair, his blue eyes glinting mischievously in the light. He stopped the façade and raised his pitcher in the air, locking eyes with her. “But aye, how 'bout I buy yeh' another round and see how teh' evenin' goes, eh? Alcohol always seems teh' make friends pretty quick."

He knew she wasn't overly fond of him. But he also knew he enjoyed her company and wanted to show her that past his course exterior and lack of filter to control what came out of his mouth, he was actually good company. He cocked an eyebrow at her impishly.

"Well mate, what'da ya' say? I say we drink ‘till we pass out. It ain’t a real party unless yeh’ can’t remember it!”

The roguish Svefra laughed aloud and held up his pitcher for her to clank. He drank deeply. It was going to be a good night indeed.

Last edited by Kel Tempest on March 20th, 2014, 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kel Tempest
Alleged Criminal // Racketeer

Words: 268903
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2014, 8:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Callipsia Tempest on March 13th, 2014, 6:26 am

Calli held her breath as she entered the establishment quietly, staying close to the wall as she tended to at these gatherings. Her pod-brothers tended to go out tavern hopping these nights, and after all the grief and hardship of the past half season - perhaps a night on the town was what she needed. Her long sun-tanned legs peeked out of her knee-length purple dyed skirt and white shirt - a rather plain ensemble for a single girl hitting the town. Except for the five foot long snake wrapped around her torso and leg.

Sighing with a placated look of embarrassment, the girl looked at Visi's face as it rested around her neck and on her shoulder. The snake lifted her head to meet Calli's eyes innocently, then lowered as though offering a shrug.

"That's it?" Callipsia mutters to the snake in Fratava. "You tug me out here, for this? I feel ridiculous!" Calli looked around at the strangers' faces, talking and mingling with drinks in their hands; how out of place she felt as the strange woman against the wall with a snake wrapped around her. Still as the drink woman approached, she put on her best common and asked for a mug of ale.

And then, she heard some familiarly broken Common.

Forcing herself a bit deeper into the social area, the girl couldn't help but a slightly dismayed sigh as she saw Kel harassing what appeared to be a Chaktawe woman, and Tydus draining a drink. Why the young Lia of the Tempest Pod expected them to be at a different establishment, she didn't know, but it appeared her night now had the potential for work - if one or the other of the two got out of hand. Thankfully, the situation hadn't happened yet, but the girl remembered when tavern masters brought drunken men back to Lia Tatianna's presence and described their mischief, working out details and issues.

You won't have to deal with that tonight, she reassured herself. Have some faith...in Kel.

Before she finished that thought, Callipsia paused, did a double take at the woman inhaling alcohol, and decided to do the same at the ludicrous suggestion. Visi's body tightened around her while her head pointed at Tydus, and Callipsia began to understand large party etiquette. Start with those you know. Work your way out.

"Evening, Pod-brother!" Calli offered to Tydus with a cheeriness that sounded strange on her lips as she clinked her mug of ale to his, nodding in greeting. "And here I was looking to get out on the town on my own for a bit - not, not that I mind running into you, or anything," she corrected hastily, a blushed smile spread, aided by the spirits. "It's a lovely place, now that it's finished; what do you think?"

Callipsia Tempest
A reluctant Lia

Words: 29691
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2014, 10:15 am
Character sheet

light it up.

Postby Lyn'nice on March 13th, 2014, 11:30 am

Lyn'nice eyed Adi's hand with a small wince and looked at Caelum, "Oh, that's plenty fixable for Caelum! So don't worry, Adi was it? You're in good hands." She smiled and went back to her tea, finishing off the cup and pouring herself another. "Would you like a cup, Miss Adi? I'm more than willing to share some." She offered lightheartedly.

She gave Caelum a grand smile, "Heavenly. The tea is heavenly. Like I said, you never disappoint and this place is so pretty. You focused on every little detail, it almost feels surreal in here. She continued to sip her tea happily taking note of the people who entered. A man with a mandolin who walked with a sort of cockiness. Furrowing her brow she sipped her tea trying to ignore this newcomer.

Her attention was stolen from worrying about the mandolin man as Van emerged from the back room. Good, Van was strong so if anybody started any sort of ruckus he'd be able to break it up. "Hi Van! How are you doing today? Were you planning on hiding out back there all night?" She gave a slight giggle.

Lyn'nice was feeling better about the current crowd of people when a man entered and announced himself and was that, an otter? All she could do is stare, "An otter?" She looked at Caelum with some confusion, "An otter." A few more people made their way in, all seemed to know the otter man. It wasn't until a woman entered with a large snake wrapped around her leg that she understood. She had called them her podmates. They were the docked Svefra. Another race of the sea, more human than fish. No fish to be exact, they were human. Unlike Konti who were part fish.She absent mindedly scratched at her scales.
Lyn'nice
Player

Words: 62054
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 11:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

light it up.

Postby Grace Lechar on March 13th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Grace stepped into the Tavern, taking in the view. She had gotten lost and expected to be late but was pleasantly surprised by the few people who mingled and drank. As she let the door to the new esteemed Alements, swing shut behind her, Grace was hit with a subtle but powerful smell. The mix of alcohol and herbs went surprisingly well with her senses a combination Grace wouldn't have thought would work. Her vision was adjusted to the dim copper light, she thought it reminded her of a sunset in a rainstorm, but decided she was being to poetic with her thoughts. Grace stepped into the room, she had changed out of her mucky barn clothes, but she still wore trousers and a shirt. It was Cealum's opening night, but still it was just a Tavern. Grace questioned herself quickly, wondering if it was disrespectful not to treat this as a more formal event, but decided to shrug it off she couldn't do anything about it now.

Grace waved to a worn out Konti that caught her eye, she lived at the Sanctuary as well and Grace had recognized her even though they had limited contact. As Grace shuffled around to the back of the room, admiring the bar's countertop. Letting her fingers idly twirl along the marbled stone Grace peered out from under her bangs. She recognized Caelum, his pride seemed to glow around him as he was welcoming guests and Grace felt he deserved it. She hadn't seen him work too long on his business, but she hadn't been her long either. She'd known that the man spent most of his time preparing for this when he was not taking care of the little Konti that trailed him. The relationship confused Grace as the little girl clearly wasn't his daughter, but he treated her as such and she looked to him as a father. Grace wouldn't question it, it wasn't her place.

She noticed a man she had always seen with Kavala, Grace had never really said hello to him properly, and she thought she should do that now. Grace also caught sight of someone she took particular interest in, Lysaea might have been her name. Her hair was dark and something was unique about it that Grace couldn't quite put her finger on. Something was unique about the woman as a whole. These people she lived and worked with, she knew nothing about and tonight was her night to change that. Grace could simply go up to someone, anyone, and start a conversation.

Except she wouldn't. Not with her nerves locking her knees and sending tornadoes through her fingers tips, preventing her from doing much more than a polite smile or a friendly wave. Grace didn't think she needed socialization, preferring to be alone. But as she sat at a barstool she reminded her self there was a fine line between alone and lonely, and she was very close to crossing it. Her eyes were drawn to a sheet of paper, small neat handwriting outlined a list of drinks. Grace glanced around the room, catching sight of a barmaid.

"Hi, can I have a cup if tea?" Grace's eye skimmed the menu once more. She had wanted to get the house tea, she wasn't accustomed to the putrid taste of alcohal, and always curious to try a new blend. Grace placed a silver Miza in the waitresses hand, and resumed her leisure position at the bar. She didn't want to stray too far but decided she wanted to congratulate Cealum. She'd seen him get along very well with Kavala, and since Grace had buried herself in work and spent her leisure time learning the city, she really didn't know anyone other than Kavala at the moment, he seemed a good place to start.

"Hey." Grace swallowed, nerves climbed through her chest, threatening to close her vocal chords. She ignored them an plowed through her words hoping she appeared as confident as she wanted to be. "Congratulations on open your Tavern, or uh, Alements. Whatever it is, it's a creative idea! One, that I'm sure, will be very popular. Good thing you thought of it right?" Grace's conversations skills weren't the best and at the last moment she chose to introduce herself. She knew Cealum but wasnt sure id he knew her. "Oh and I'm Grace."

Thoughts - "Common" - "PC Talking" - "NPC Talking"

Last edited by Grace Lechar on March 19th, 2014, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace Lechar
Step 1: Mount the horse. Step 2: Stay on ...

Words: 79585
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2014, 11:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Lysaea Frostfawn on March 13th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Lysa was busily occupying herself with drinking her coffee after the girl came back with it.

"Thanks," she had managed to say nicely before indulging herself and sitting by her lonesome one one of the chairs. It wasn't her style to go look for conversation anymore - although she had been thinking through the past days that she ought to get back into that. What would her life be like if she was just some sad loner after all?

She laughed bitterly at that thought. She had been a sad loner for too long as she would have put previously.

Bringing the cup to her lips, she sipped slowly careful not to burn herself. Closing her eyes as she smelled the pleasant aroma, she slowly lifted one eye to observe all the others in the room. Sad loners, eh? she thought to herself, smiling slightly. She sure fit into that category at the moment unlike the other people she saw immediately chatting it up.

Shrugging her slight shoulders, she resumed enjoying her coffee with a certain bliss she never could experience with alcohol when a voice speaking in Vani befell her ears. Slightly startled at hearing her home langauge, her rich amethyst eyes changed to a gold mixed with slight pink (for some reason she couldn't decipher). Her formerly content expression changed to surprised as she turned around and smiled somewhat awkwardly at the other Vantha.

"S-same here!" she spoke, her tongue flipping a bit at her lack of use of the langauge. Definitely disappointed at her absolutely dashing two words of 'perfect' Vani, her face fell slightly.

"Sorry, my Vani isn't that polished anymore," she said slightly disheartened.

Deciding to take a giant leap in the name of conversation (at least for her), she got up from her dejected spot and began to move to where the other Vantha was. Maybe she could even improve her fluency in Vani again. It was a shame how her knowledge of it grew so basic since she hadn't spoken a word of it in a season.

"What's your hold?" she asked curiously, eyes shifting to a dark blue as she slid on the chair beside her. If she was in any hold either than Coolwater or Frostfawn, she didn't think she'd go back to being her cold as ice self.

"And I'm Lysaea by the way," she said smiling for once. It really was true frowning took up more muscles as she felt her face immediately relax as it went above the 'small polite smile.'

As her attention strayed slightly, her sapphire eyes steadily observed who was in the tavern. There was a... Chaktawe flirting with a... Svefra? She had only seen a few before, as well as two others who she assumed were part of the same pod.

Eyes returning to the counter, she noticed Vanator and another man, a human beside the Vantha. Wondering whether she should greet him (Vanator), judging as she knew him, her mouth gaped open a bit as she lost herself for a few seconds before she snapped herself out of her daze. Might as well.

"Hi Vanator," she said, waving at the man. Which reminded her she should say hi to Lyn'nice and Caelum as well. Turning to look at them, she continued to smile and said hi to them too. She wondered whether they even knew her; she rarely said anything previously.

Hearing a new person she had seen before but had never really talked to, she also turned to smile at her. She hoped she wasn't being creepy.

"Hi Grace and I'm Lysa...in case you didn't know," she said
Lysaea Frostfawn
Player

Words: 68197
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Caelum on March 13th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Elise was everywhere, filling orders, welcoming customers, and answering questions in that deft and soft way she had. She slipped through the tables and the people light as the sea wind and could be found behind the bar too at times. She shot Vanator a smile when sliding past him and then waved at Lysa and Grace when spying their familiar faces. "Hope you're doing well," she added for Lysa when delivering her coffee and then she disappeared again.

Meanwhile, Caelum was studying Adi Skyglow's arm with a decided frown. He rapped his knuckles lightly on the bartop, a staccato of thought, and when the bard -- Stefan, wasn't it? He seemed to recall -- greeted him, he shot him a grin. "Hey, Van. Pay him what he wants. Some music would be nice."

The healer's hands found a series of vials, tipping out their multi colored contents into a dark steeped cup of tea. A moss colored jar was taken down from a shelf and held at eye-height so that he could give it a considering squint. At length, he added a pinch of the ashy contents to the mug he was preparing and placed that mug on the marble in front of Adi.

"Drink that," Caelum offered. Or ordered. Regardless, it was delivered with a crooked smile. "The whole thing. It'll help with pain and swelling and refresh your blood. Once you've finished it, I'm going to brace your wrist. It won't hurt so much this way." That last was spoken lower, like the promise it was; and Caelum tilted his head at Grace, and then Lysa, and finally Lyn'nice as the women gathered.

"Evenin', Grace. Glad you could make it. Lysa, a pleasure as always. This is Adi Skyglow and I think you know Lyn'nice, of course." He performed the introductions for all of them on that amused drawl, but was almost immediately distracted by the sight of his daughter bouncing out from the kitchen door to book it toward the Svefra customers Caelum did not personally know.

The four year old konti child scooted to a halt a few feet from Callipsia and Tydus, blue eyes huge as she stared at the blue and black striped sea snake coiled about the Lia's torso. Dressed in a serviceable white linen gown trimed in blue and with ribbons tied into her hair, little Lillian Tolliver was apparently bewitched out of her painful shyness enough to gape. Just not yet to say hello.

She hadn't seen the otter yet either.

Caelum, squinting at this, felt the whisper of ranuri spill over him, through him, like the breaking of a wave. It left him blinking for a moment at Tydus, and then he rolled a shoulder back and shot a hopeful look at the ladies of the Sanctuary -- Lyn, Lysa, and Grace. "Do me a favor and make sure Lillian doesn't bother anyone?" Additionally, of course, that she wasn't bothered by anyone. That went unsaid.

"Finish the drink, Adi," Caelum reminded the Vantha and then ambled about on his heel to disappear into the kitchen, on a very specific mission.

Lillian & Elise :
Name: Lillian Tolliver
Race: Konti
DoB: 50 Fall 510 AV
Skills: Singing +10, Painting +10, Lute +10
Approval: by Gossamer.

Lillian was born to Lillis De'Nerys, former wife of the ethaefal Caelum, and a human merchant called Gerald Tolliver. Lillian's mother died in childbirth and her father perished in the Djed Storm of 512 AV. Orphaned, the konti toddler was captured by the Drykas raiding parties collecting warm bodies to resupply their own ranks. Ultimately bought by a down-on-their-luck pavillion, she was treated well but was never truly welcomed as part of the family. In Spring of 514 AV, Caelum along with his old friend Kavala Denusk arrived in Endrykas to claim Lillian and take her home.

DoB: 3 Spring 495 AV
Skills: Bartending +20, Cooking +20, Storytelling +10
Business: Alements
Approval: by Gossamer.

Elise was born in chains. She was raised in Ravok, toiling through Xieroh's Bed & Breakfast, and grew like a weed, more downward than up. She was taught to tend bar and to entertain and, when the proprietor left his business in the hands of a less savory partner, she was sold to Haev Provedan for a hastily turned profit. En route to Riverfall, Elise fell ill and was left to recover or die in the dark tunnels of Rattling Chains. That was where Caelum found her early winter of 513 AV. and he claimed her for services rendered and brought her home.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

light it up.

Postby Adi Skyglow on March 13th, 2014, 4:42 pm

With a kind smile on her face, Adi looked to the Konti woman. "I appreciate the offer, but I'll pass for now. Thank you, though, Lyn'nice. She didn't feel like paying any more than she absolutely had to that night, and she didn't even know how much the treatment for her arm would cost her.

A questioning look followed Caelum's hands as he mixed her an odd cup of tea. It seemed like a waste of good tea to her, but the Ethaefal's skills were fairly well known throughout the city. Nothing he added to the mug looked appetizing or even helpful. Adi trusted him, though. No one here was dead yet. Why would she be the first?

A smirk played across her lips, and she picked up the mug with her left hand before giving the mug a cursory sniff. Her nose wrinkled at the smell, but she raised it to her lips and took a sip. It was bitter, the herb and tea mixture. Nothing truly delicious. Caelum's orders rang in her head as he walked away. Adi shook her head and sighed. She tilted the mug back to her lips and took a deep swig of the dark liquid. Then another. It took her barely a chime to finish the whole mug.

While she waited for the tavern owner to return, Adi looked around Alements. It was filling up quickly. Filling up quickly with-no. No, no, no. They were NOT here right now. At least Kel seemed occupied with the dark-eyed woman behind her. Maybe she could slip out before Tydus noticed her. That was when the other Vantha approached her. Shyke! She put on a smile in a hurry for the incoming woman. "Skyglow. Adi Skyglow." Adi introduced herself with a nod. "You'll have to forgive me if I keep my voice down. There's someone here who speaks Vani and knows me, and I don't want to attract his attention right now. But it's nice to meet you, Lysaea." Her tone was apologetic but very quiet.

And then she heard it.

"Me brotha, he be a scoundrel that one. Always bringin' a new girl onto me ship...git's downright annoying after awhile. Girl after girl...always another, it never seems to stop. A new one 'erry night, I'd say."

It was Kel, from behind her. Talking with the woman with dark eyes. She knew he had to be speaking of Tydus, though she didn't want to hear it. He had to be joking, trying to get under the other woman's skin. Well, he'd had the added plus of getting under hers as well. Adi's eyes showed her turmoil, coloring a very dark gold. He's just trying to make you hurt, Adi. You or the other woman. That's all. Keep a hold of yourself!
Last edited by Adi Skyglow on March 14th, 2014, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

If I owe you a post and haven't talked to you in a while, please don't be afraid to send me a PM.
Adi Skyglow
I never meant to wither.

Words: 111753
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2014, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

light it up.

Postby Stefan on March 13th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Stefan’s wine tasting was interrupted by the words of a blonde man that was sitting along him, which he didn’t notice until now. He had vague memories about the man, and didn’t actually recall his name, though Reven seemed to mention him once or twice, and so did Kavala... yes, Stefan played some songs in his honour in a party the last season, but without actually knowing him. Vanator, was it?

The young bard nodded when Vanator confirmed this. “The name’s Stefan. Just Stefan. It’s a pleasure to actually meet you; I’ve heard wonders about you, lad” he replied whilst shaking the man’s hand “And I agree... some music would be nice indeed... it is a great opening, after all!” he said with a warm smile, and after finishing his wine, Stefan went to a corner of the tavern, took out his mandolin.

He looked at the people on the tavern... two Vantha, a couple of Humans, a Konti, and the Tempest pod. He wasn’t actually surprised to see them there; they were quite a merry gathering, and it wasn’t surprising to see his good friend Tydus there, even though he didn’t seem like having a good time like the others. He’ll have to talk with him later, and maybe buy him a drink.

Without saying anything, Stefan played the mandolin in a slow, almost romantic and melancholic in tone, and let it sound for a couple of minutes before starting to sing.

Red, red wine
Go to my head
Make me forget that I
Still need her so

Red, red wine
It's up to you
All I can do, I've done
But memories won't go
No, memories won't go

I'd have sworn
That with time
Thoughts of you
Would leave my head
I was wrong
And I find
Just one thing
Makes me forget

Red, red wine
Stay close to me
Don't let me be alone
It's tearing apart
My blue, blue heart

Stefan took a bow before continuing playing, the music flowing from his wine-fuelled fingers. The song was similar at the other, but quite merrier, as it fitted the general atmosphere. Of course, that’s when Stefan observed another member of the Tempest pod trying to flirt –badly –with a dark-eye, tanned-skinned woman. He respected Kel, even though he seemed like a bit of a prick sometimes, but it was quite for bothersome for Stefan to see him bothering a woman... he was doing everything wrong, for petch’s sake!

So, Stefan acted, at least the best as he could. He nodded at the Chaktawe, winking an eye at her hopping to get her attention, and then started to play another song, this time more upbeat, as in with a tropical and refreshing taste.

I’ve fought with crocodiles
And walked across the line
For a hundred and a half mile

I’ve crossed the entire world
In less that it took to write this song
I’ve crossed a hundred mazes
Without even getting dazed

My creativity flies like a soaring eagle
Getting up high as if it was regal
So let take a simple stroll
Because I have thing you’ve never been told!

For you; everything I’ve done I do it for you
Because you make me a better man
I am what I am now
Because you’re the best I could ask for

For you; everything I’ve done I do it for you
Because you make me a better man
I am what I am now
Because you’re the best I could ask for

After that song Stefan made up on the spot –just some ridiculous joke he put together to distract the Chaktawe from Kel –he whistled slowly, along with the rhythm of the mandolin.
Stefan
Player

Words: 185497
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2013, 7:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext