Under the Mountain (Sultros OOC)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The fortified mountain city of the Isur. [Lore]

Postby Gillar on October 31st, 2010, 8:31 am

As of this posting, Sultros is still officially closed although I am working on material for locations as well as background info for would-be storytellers. As I post locations, they will be closed threads until such time as Sultros is ready to fully open for play. Anyone wishing to post flashback threads or who have already should be aware that this is a city under development and should refer to the Sultros entry in Lore as well as the entries for the Isur, Izurdin, Izentor and all Isur-related articles.

When complete, Sultros will be more than just a city but a series of 5 cities; Sultros, Pitrius, Coglias, Vizerian and Terras as well as their surrounds. As a small offering of what is to come, I will be posting the Sultros main gate thread shortly. Remember though that the city is currently closed to all but flashbacks. Questions about the city and the kingdom are welcome.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on July 17th, 2011, 4:58 am

Howdy all,

It is time now for a long overdue update on Sultros, its development and possible time until opening.

First off, I have been working on Lore entries for various Isur-related locations, NPCs, clans, organizations, etc. The Sentinels and the Silver Tower are in Lore as are a couple of the clans. I am working on completing the write-ups for the remaining clans as well as a couple more locations and Isur-related elements. Once those are finished, I will start putting in actual in-thread locations into the city. Once the foundation is laid for the city itself to a point that there are enough locations to support players, I will begin the search for Storytellers to assist with the opening and running of the city.

As for a concrete schedule for opening, I unfortunately can't give one. I will keep you all updated however on my progress with further development which will follow the plan I just laid out. Once I start working on actual in-thread locations, you can bet that the city is soon to open.

In the meantime, I will do my best to answer any isur questions you may have. Direct them to my office, this thread or PMs and I will answer best I can.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on September 6th, 2011, 9:00 am

Just an update on the progress of Sultros. As of this post, all but one of the primary Isur clans have been added to Lore. Terras clan is the last one to be fleshed out and I am working on it right now. From there, The Temple of Izurdin, Council of Five, Izurdin's Hammer and the Tomb of King Sultros are the only primary Lore entries remaining. Upon their completion, the actual city locations will begin being implemented. Thus, we are looking at a tentative date for opening being the beginning of the Winter season. Stay tuned for more updates over the coming weeks as the rest of the Isur and Sultros are fleshed out and prepared for your role-playing pleasure. In the meantime, check out the new and existing clan lore entries for Sultros, Vizerian, Coglias and Pitrius with Terras on the way.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on November 19th, 2011, 2:49 pm

The City Information thread is posted. In it there is a wealth of general information as well as links to isur-related Lore entries. In the coming days, look for locations to start showing up as well as more Lore entries. The plan is still to open the city for the Season Change. Stay Tuned!
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on December 1st, 2011, 3:06 pm

Update

The City Linkmap has been started. Over the next couple of days, locations will be added to the Linkmap with actual location threads fleshed out and linked. The plan is to open the city by the weekend. A couple of Assistant Storytellers will likely be joining the Sultros team and we'll get things going full bore then.

In addition, I will be including a thread devoted entirely to questions and answers regarding everything related to the Isur. The idea is to offer you the players all the information you may need to help you enjoy roleplaying an isur while addressing anything that may be unknown, unclear or misunderstood. From this thread, my hopes are to further develop the City Information thread into being the end all, be all of isurian information.

Finally, in regards to the other four cities that make up the Kingdom, there will be a limited number of permanent locations for each of those cities as the need arises. I know not everyone wishes to play a Sultros isur and you won't have to enjoy the city of Sultros; the city caters to you all. Immediately, I plan a few locations for Pitrius; primarily the Silver Tower. Other cities will be provided enough background information and resources for which players can adequately play in them though for now, Sultros is the focus.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Juni on March 29th, 2012, 12:00 am

Sultros is open for play right? Is this where we post to introduce ourselves if we want to play here?
YOUR GONNA SEE ME IN YOUR DREAMS TONIGHT
WHEN YOUR WORLD FALLS APART LIKE SHATTERED GLASS
Juni
Player

Words: 22152
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2011, 1:59 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gillar on March 29th, 2012, 10:52 am

Welcome! Yes, Sultros is indeed open. The Character Registry thread is up and you can post there to introduce your character. Feel free to check out the links in my Signature to the various Sultros resources. Any questions, please ask.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Rorugir on April 6th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Missed this thread entirely, but Rorugir will be in Sultros for a while now. He's going to be mainly in Pitrius, but I'm sure we can contrive a reason for him to go into Sultros if any of your prospective Sultros players (yes, I see you lurking out there) would like to meet.

So, just saying hi and I can't wait to see this city(ies) come to life!
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gillar on April 15th, 2012, 4:36 am

[indent]As time goes on and the need for more fleshed out locations in other cities presents itself, I will develop full-blown location threads for those places. If anyone needs an overview of the atmosphere and general settings for the various cities, please let me know and I will provide.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Virres on April 21st, 2012, 6:03 pm

If at all possible Id appreciate a once-over of the Terras clan.
Virres
Player

Words: 16489
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2012, 9:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next