[Training Grounds] Jungle Gym (Garland plus Pycons)

The Pycons have a team battle with Garland

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ball on January 19th, 2015, 2:45 pm

Posting Order :
To stop the Nivel calling Garland a butt face again (amusing as it is lol)

The order is this:

Nivel
Garland
Ball
Archie

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Sadly, Ball got sidetracked on his way back from the dorms, with him Ball brought along his pole, rapier, and Thorn… He wasn’t sure which he wanted to use or if he would use them at all. What he did want though was a cup of that lovely liquid he had earlier, and decided to get two mugs of the lovely drink, figuring the squirrel wouldn’t mind a bit of a rush to help relieve his headache. With both mugs in hands the Pycon was force to juggle three weapons, maneuver his mount, and take care not to spill the drinks on his being as they weaved and wound themselves through the busy corridors and stairways of the citadel city.

It took the pycon almost a bell and a half to get back to the grounds, luckily the coffee was still drinkable, not quite piping hot, but warm enough. Even if they were cold I would still offer the squirrel up one. Holding out the mug towards the squirrel he nodded to the others.

“Sorry for taking so long…” He held up the mugs as if to indicate his tardiness. Once he had swallowed half the mug in one go the pycon dismounted Imass, dragging weapons along, and setting his dog to guard drink and any weapons the pycon had decided on not using.

This is the tough choice… The pole I need practice with, Thorn might require Imass… So that one is out. Ball set the lance down beside his coffee. Bringing his hand back Ball realized the mug of coffee was resting in it, so the pycon took a sip and returned the drink to its guardian. The Rapier wouldn’t work against the big man’s armour and I am sure Squirrel wouldn’t like me stabbing him… So the pole it is. Setting his rapier down with his lance Ball kept a hold of his pole, thinking of how he can use it against the squirrel and Garland as well as give himself more practice with the flexible pycon weapon.

“Okay, I am all set now.”

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Archailist on January 21st, 2015, 7:15 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

He wasn't going to waste time - he still needed to try and prepare the string. His answers were a little disjointed but that was a small sacrifice. "It is when you've only started learning it a few days ago.. hopefully it will become better, with time." One way or another, he was going to make the best of what he'd had the great fortune to inherit. Even if it meant that to harness it, he'd have to sit around and do nothing for bells. The squirrel had pushed this far; if he could go through everything else, then he could get through this, and that meant that Flux going to be the last step. Far from it.

"Thanks, Nivel.. I'll try it." Well, he'd already tried the meditation. A few chimes here and there; surely that was long enough. Perhaps if he combined it with plenty of the 'tea' then he might feel a little better. Or the coffee from the Bean. Perhaps a mixture of both.. a cup of the tea with the bolm root.. folm root.. something along those lines, along with a fresh mug of that steaming tea to wake him up. Take a leaf out of Ball's books for once and see if it did him any good. "This headache and everything is making it difficult to remember all the stuff I've done. Feels like I've been trapped in bed for a week." Heck, if sleeping for all that time didn't wear off the side-effects, he might as well just learn to live with them - tea wasn't going to do shyke.

While slowly untangling the little coil of thread, he glanced up to Nivel with a look of complete confusion. "... So you've never heard of Pycon weapons either, hmm.." Bizarre. Ball needed introduction and, apparently, he wasn't alone in that respect. Once the squirrel finally had both ends between his paws, he stretched them out nice and wide so that Nivel could get a good look at the narrow little strand of spiderweb-like silk. "It's not for sewing. It's for attacking. You use it for a lot of things.. I think." Unfortunately, Arch only had very small use of it. He wished that he'd find the need for it more often.. that he'd find a better way of using it as well. So far, it'd proved next to useless, unless he actually managed to loop it around a persons neck and tighten it until they stopped breathing. Even then, it was a pretty wide shot when compared to something like the Py-Whip or the Py-Pole.

"Can't believe that you haven't seen any of this stuff. You've heard of the other weapons as well, right.. the pole, the whip?"
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Nivel on February 22nd, 2015, 1:18 am

Oocsorry for the shortness of this post but I have writers block and I just needed to bring this thread back to life, my next post should be more involved
Nivel was taken a back at Arch’s surprise to her question and it made her feel a little dim for not knowing something that seemed to be common knowledge. “My mother was really the only Pycon warrior in my life and she preferred to stick to pyken..and a maybe a little pypole every now and then” Nivel shrugged her shoulders awkwardly “I was more into learning magic growing up since I knew it would be harder to learn on my own.” She hoped her explanation would be enough to excuse her lack of knowledge on the subject. Nivel was definitely very interested in how the weapon worked in combat, it didn’t look particularly formidable but she knew Arch would find some way of impressing her with it.
“Since I’m teaching you Flux maybe you could give me some weapons training some time…I have a pypole that have barely used at all and I might want to learn how to use a pystring since it sounds neat.”

“Oh you’re back!” Nivel cheered as Ball appeared again after a moderate amount of time with another two cups of coffee, one of which was clearly for Arch. She patiently waited for the two to finish their drinks as she practices some more breathing exercises. The second they were done Nivel pounced into a fighting stance ready for the action to begin. “So are you three ready to begin our fight?” Nivel bounced up and down like a eager canine ready to go out and play.

“I’ll start!” She shouted as she threw herself at Garland. She elongated her arms into two little flails and extended them out like little grappling hooks to secure herself around the Tall folks lower calf. She planed to scale him like a tree, but if she could get under his armour that would be even better.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Garland on February 23rd, 2015, 10:56 am

"I know more about Pycon weaponry than Ball or Nivel? Well... I guess I do have some first-hand experience on the receiving end of some of them weapons." Garland said, still in his trance-like state. He shook it off again, though he knew it would come back sooner or later. "Uh, right. Is Ball gonna be here soon? I'm itching to train. Though hopefully not get my butt handed to me again, eh Arch?"

He got up and grabbed his sword, when he saw Ball, it wouldn't be long now. Though the two hungover-like Pycons needed to drink their coffee first before they begin with their little sparring fight. He unsheathed his sword and held it with both his hands. He practiced a few swings while Nivel sat there meditating.

He did a quick upward-diagonal slash through the air and raised his sword above his head and gave a strong stab through where someone's chest would be if he was in a real fight. Though form and finesse would probably be null and void in a fight with a Pycon, he would still rather practice a bit of his swordplay while they waited.

After a while they were finished with their coffee and Nivel launched herself through the air and into Garland's calf. "Ow!" All form and finesse was lost to Garland as he shook his leg in a panic, trying to get Nivel off. He reached down and tried to grab Nivel to get her off of him.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on May 22nd, 2015, 7:42 pm

Ball smirked as Nivel launched herself at Garland. Even with his pounding nexus-ache Ball had to admire her tenacity of attack at that moment. Looking at the Squirrel he grinned, pointing back at Nivel and Garland, “She understands he is nothing without his legs eh?” As he spoke though, he was eyeing the squirrel, watching it for any sudden changes in body position. It was supposed to be Ball and Nivel versus Garland and the Squirrel… Ball knew he had no chance in Hai to face the squirrel without taking drastic measures.

I would hate to waste this coffee… But… He looked at the squirrel, there was no doubt he was feeling as much of a nexus-ache as Ball was, but in all honesty, he knew what he needed to do. “Hey Squirrel…” Without finishing the statement Ball threw the remaining contents of his mug into the squirrel’s face. It was a dirty tactic, but it was the only one Ball could produce quickly without giving the squirrel any chance to bounce his way to safety.

Plus, coffee made a good distraction and that was something Ball wanted right now. Using his mug as additional weight Ball threw a punch at the Squirrel’s gut. With any luck the smaller of the two Pycons might actually land this hit if the squirrel was distracted by a face full of coffee. Otherwise Ball would wish he had finished his coffee first and then found a distraction for the squirrel.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Archailist on May 24th, 2015, 10:13 pm

Still locked in conversation, Arch eventually conceded; some people just had different upbringing and different interests. "Hmm, well I suppose that makes sense. Still, guess there's no excuse not knowing now. They're a part of your Pycon heritage, y'know. Your patron won't teach you anything about them, I bet you." Partly in emphasis he pointed the tip of the pole at her, waving it about as he spoke and causing it to bounce left and right like a fishing pole with no line. "Heck, I might not know much.. or anything at all.. but I can try and give you some lesson for the petch of it." He only had one lesson from Hammer Fist but that was something, right? Besides, he could always direct her back at Hammer when he had nothing else to teach. No shame in letting another Pycon take over.

He only knew to stop talking when Nivel suddenly exclaimed; when he turned, there was a lovely mug of warm-ish coffee to drown his nexus in. "Aaaah, it's beautiful Ball." Half of it disappeared as quickly as it was offered. He looked up just in time to see Nivel lash out at Garland's legs and quickly joined in Ball's chuckling as well, watching the two of them go at it. Perhaps he shouldn't be so quick to laugh though, since it was undoubtedly true that Garland was nothing without his legs.. and Garland was supposed to be on his team as well. Could try and help him. Don't particularly want to try and fight Ball head-on because we're going to spend forever jumping around the place and my team is going to lose. Bigger picture and all that.

Still, he had a little dribble of coffee in his mug and while Garland's victory was important to him... coffee overruled. Ball spoke up and the squirrel turned over with a casual glance.. just in time to catch a glimpse of scalding hot coffee being thrown straight for his face. One hand raised, dumping the remaining dribbles of coffee into the sand as warmth splashed all over his forearm. "Dirty pet--" A hard punch straight in the gut knocked the words from his lips. Couldn't see it coming; his own forearm was blocking his sight. Dirty petcher. Okay, he definitely wanted to kick the shyke into Ball for that dirty maneuver but at the same time, he could still see Garland off to the side struggling to fend for himself.

First, a brief distraction while he siphoned excess clay into the tip of his tail. Not a lot but enough to make sure that it packed a bit of a punch when he needed it. "You want dirty, I'll give you dirty. Let's see if Nivel enjoys a two-on-one." Barb planted, he turned and launched straight for Garland in the hopes of grabbing Nivel with the Py-String between his fingers.. while idly swiping straight for Ball's side with his tail. Prepare to get out-dirtied. Not what he wanted to do, really.. he wanted to turn around and kick Ball in the face, but winning would be a pretty nice consolation prize as well. Then he could beat Ball up with words after he'd beaten him up with fists.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Nivel on June 21st, 2015, 5:45 am

Garland shook like a mad man and Nivel had to use all her strength just to hang on to the giant’s leg. There was no way the mage could avoid the squires firm grasp and she soon found herself trapped in a cage of sweaty fingers. This wasn’t an ideal situation so Nivel condensed her boneless body and slipped out of her predicament before Garland could throw her or what ever else he planed to do to his tiny opponent. Before she fell to the ground she grabbed onto his sleeve and quickly pulled herself up to the top of his fore arm. She then ran along it like a bridge doing her best to keep her balance as it moved about under neath her feet. She had to run fast before he Garland could think to shake her off.

Before she could get anywhere Arch found her and swung his string weapon at Nivel. The agile mage was jumped over the squirrel, violently thrusting both of her tentacle like tails down at the wood land creature as she did so. One of the tails was aimed directly at Arch while the other was very likely to miss and hit garland in the arm. While the attack didn’t make contact with Nivel when she tried to land back on the arm she didn’t land correctly causing her to slip on the armoured appendage. The mage quickly found herself stumbling to the ground near Garlands armoured feet.

Following her team mate’s lead in dirty tactics, Nivel tumbled a distance way so she wasn’t directly with in stomping range and began to dance. Her first move was her snake arms, followed by an awkward spin on a pointed foot before doing an evasive leap to the side. The music the musician Autumn played a few nights prior played in her head as she pranced about. As Nivel continued her performance she began to sing to ruin the concentration of her opponents, but she'd be lying if she said she did it purely for tactical purposes.
“Oooonce, I can't remember, I waaaaas, sooo looooong ago, someone strange!” She sung, focusing far more on the projection of sound then whether she was on key or not.
“I was innocent And wise And full of CLAAAY!” Nivel yelled her last note as she aimed a whip attack from her arms at the back of Garlands knee. She made an another dramatic leap followed by a quick little twirl.
“NOW that I’m a MAAGE SQUIIIIRE! Everything is straaaange!!!” She put her arms together and formed her clay into a mace like sphere. She swung it around using its weight as momentum and let it stretch out in order to trip Garland or to simply bash against his leg.

The song she sung she had learned from an Avatari back when she used to visit Lahvit growing up. The lyric’s were a little more depressing than Nivel would have liked but the pycon still enjoyed them, put still put her own twist on the lyrics. Nivel was definitely having a wonderful time singing and dancing during a fight, even if she was causing a ruckus and tiring herself out faster than she probably should have.

Last edited by Nivel on August 16th, 2015, 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Garland on June 23rd, 2015, 11:09 am

Garland had been completely knocked out of his love-struck stupor and instead was thrust into a world of adorable clay-based pain. Nivel had just squirmed out of his grasp and had clawed her way up to his shoulder, he tried to shake her off, but it seemed that Arch had him covered. He was literally just a giant battle ground for two tiny clay warriors.

Having tiny clay feet-thingies and clay paws on his body would probably feel relaxing if they weren't trying to club each other to win in a spar. Garland reached for Nivel, hoping to get her into his grip, but it seemed that Nivel had already fallen to the ground near Garland's feet.

Before he could stomp on Nivel, she had quickly tumbled away and... started to dance? Dance like no one was watching, dancing like she's never dance before. "Umm... Nivel... You alright? Did you hit your head-er-pycon-brain thingy, or something?" He asked, genuinely concerned for his friend.

“Oooonce, I can't remember, I waaaaas, sooo looooong ago, someone strange! I was innocent And wise And full of PAAAAIN! NOW that I’m a WOOOOMAN! Everything is straaaange!!!”

"And now she's singing... I AM CONFUSED ON LEVELS I DON'T UNDERSTAND!" He yelled back to Nivel's so-horribly-off-key singing. He had been hit by one of Nivel's arm-whips on the back of his knee, only barely being able to still stand.

Nivel did a little twirl that looked fairly good, but Garland didn't notice that she formed a large mace and knocked Garland to the ground. He had a small annoyed look at Nivel. She was too cute to get mad at, but he was still a little peeved when she decided to sing and dance.

"I'm going to poke you so hard later." He said and pushed himself up, and hopped back to try and distance himself from the tiny clay person. He stood up and readied his blade.

He set his blade low, trying to tempt Nivel to hop on and use it as a bridge to attack Garland's face, though he tried not to be too obvious with his plan. "Alright, get serious.... Pffft... Naw, I would probably sing too if I wasn't so bad at it." He said and taunted Nivel. "Well... I guess it didn't stop you."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on August 8th, 2015, 2:05 am

Ball could see the string of Archie’s weapon trace out against Nivel, but it wasn’t the focus of his attention, the massive tail was though. It was a matter of shifting his body to mostly avoid the mass of it before he grabbed a hold of it as it swung over his body. As he grabbed a hold of the dense clay Ball knew it almost at once what he was going to – Fingers clamped the tail tightly as he rolled away from the squirrel’s body. The results, if successful, would end in one of two fashions Ball was hoping: Archie’s far heavier body would follow Ball’s sudden forceful change of direction and swing the squirrel away from Nivel and Garland, forcing him to face Ball one-on-one… Or the squirrel would be without a tail and Ball would have an extra lump of clay he was willing to play keep away with if it kept the squirrel l preoccupied with Ball and not Nivel.

Of course, failing it did much of anything Ball would find himself rolling away holding onto a squirrel’s tail and that would be quite comical to see the results of.

Regardless of the results though, Ball’s main focus was to direct the full attention of the squirrel onto himself. Ball knew the woodland creature based Pycon had Ball beat when it comes to defensively jumping, but Ball had Squirrel beat senseless in terms of unarmed combat. This was known by all four combatants though. Just keep the squirrel on the ground and yourself between him and the tall gangly fool and this fight shall remain fair.

“Hey now, leave the others to one another. You just focus on me. We both know bloody well what would happen if ya start jumping around, I really don’t want to be forced to punch you with everything I got. That just wouldn’t be fair, or even good for either of us.” There was no threat there, Ball knew his nexus wouldn’t be able to handle using Flux right now, he was sure both Archie and Nivel knew it too, but he was hoping they would overlook his bluff of using it in his current state.

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Archailist on December 30th, 2015, 2:32 am

OOCSorry it took so unbelievably long for this reply! :c

The whole world has gone utterly mad. He'd made for one swipe with his Py-String, missed - just about managed to scrape a miss from the immediate counter-attack, stepped away from both Nivel and Ball to gain a little more distance between the two of them - and that was about the point where common sense had decided to take a running leap off the edge of a cliff. Nivel was dancing and singing, both of which she wasn't exactly the best at. Better than him, undoubtably, but he'd also heard much better.. and in much more suitable situations than in the middle of a very confusing four-way melee. If Garland let himself be repeatedly whacked by her bizarre dancing then it was his own damn fault; he wasn't going to help here. All he could really do was offer a bit of a shrug.

And then, a tug on the tail. "Eh?" He'd been lost in his own little world for a while, completely forgetting that there was another person. Ball. Honestly whatever Nivel's plan was with her insane sing-and-dance routine it most certainly worked, because he suddenly had absolutely no interest in going over to try and help Garland. He was on his own and that suited him very well. Instead, he turned back around to Ball, looked down at his Py-String, and rolled it back up again. Even if Ball had never seen such a thing before, he'd be far too slow to use it. Best to just stick to what he knew best.. mobility. "You know bloody well that jumping about is the only thing I'm good at. I think we're gonna be stuck here all day." Half of him still wanted to give Ball a good kick in the face for that dirty move earlier, but the other half was still waking up with the help of coffee, so a sit down would be really nice.

"I think fighting in general wouldn't be good for either of us. You're gonna punch, I'm gonna dodge, we're gonna be here all day." He was going to call bluff on this 'everything he had' nonsense. Ball looked just as bad, if not worse than Arch had been. "I mean, you're welcome to give it a shot, but..." The squirrel bent down and placed a hand on the ground, making to sit himself down, even though clay was actually shifting down to his feet; he wasn't planning on sitting down at all. Just dropping down low enough that he could grab a good handful of sand and dirt, dig his feet in nice and deep, then abruptly toss a clump right in Ball's face and follow up with a full-bodied slam of his entire body into Ball's legs with the hope of knocking the smaller Pycon over one shoulder and straight into the dirt behind the squirrel.

Who knew, if his dirty little trick worked, maybe he could throw himself backwards and squish Ball a little deeper into the ground for bonus points. He wasn't being picky. Far from it; most of his concentration was keeping an eye on Nivel and Garland. That was the real battle, after all... if Garland let himself be distracted and get beaten down to a pulp, it was a guaranteed loss for his team. But if Garland won and cornered Nivel.. Garland's size and his speed were sure to overwhelm Ball, no matter how hard his punches came. The benefits and disadvantages of team-work. At least our lives aren't dependant on it just yet, but soon enough.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext