[Training Grounds] Jungle Gym (Garland plus Pycons)

The Pycons have a team battle with Garland

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nivel on January 8th, 2015, 5:54 pm

12th of Winter, 514 AV (afternoon)

After a day of recovery from her magic training on the tenth she was ready for the sparing match that was discussed amongst the other Pycons. The anticipation of this event made the pain in her nexus more bearable during her much needed resting day. She had hoped that the side affects of magic weren't too much for the other pycons, Nivel was pretty used to enduring it by now but she remembered how terrible it was her first time. Luckily Nivel made sure to take baby steps in her lessons so that the affects would be fairly mild. If the proper rest was had yesterday then only mild grogginess and maybe a mild head ache would persist. She probably should have exposed them to Auristics or even shielding first since they were far less draining forms of magic but it couldn't be helped now.

She headed back to the indoor portions of the training grounds and looked for the training room they were in before. She had hoped it wasn't occupied but she wasn't keeping her hopes up with how busy things were in this area. It was at least good training in acrobatics to have to dodge and tumble through the obstacle course of stomping feet and low hanging weapons. When she got to the room it was thankfully empty still, it was probably vacant because it was only really big enough for one tall folk to do solo training and wheres the fun in that?

Since she was the first to arrive she would start with some meditation since it was likely she would be using flux magic in this fight to hopefully show the other pycons what flux can do. It would of course pale in comparison to what some one actually competent in the art could do. She wished her mother was here, she was very skilled with flux and combat in general. Her beast of a mother could break bones with the flick of her clay wing and reach unnatural speeds.

Nivel sat down and started her breathing exercises as she always did, Focusing on the cold breath as it exited her body. The air didn't come out of any place in particular so it looked like Nivel was covered in smoke. The effect was a bit distracting but she tried to regain her focus and find her inner calm.

Last edited by Nivel on January 15th, 2015, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Garland on January 10th, 2015, 9:59 am

"You are fighting sparring with Pycons again today."

"Do you enjoy watching me get my butt handed to me?" He sighed at his friend and patron. Catherine was keeping count of how many times he had lost to Pycons, four if you count the time Ball double crossed him and Aventis in the fight with Arch and the time where he tied with Nivel, it wasn't really a lost, but a bunch of rowdy teenage boys would probably laugh if you got beaten up by someone a fraction of your size, even tying with someone a fraction of your size is embarrassing.

Catherine shook her head and smiled.
"I enjoy seeing you get your butt handed to you so you can push through your limitations." And it's funny seeing you stomp around... She thought and crossed her arms. "Get to the training room and wait for Nivel and the others. She'll be training Ball in Flux, you can listen in if you want or just wait outside, it doesn't matter, I just want you to fight those Pycons. I will be watching soon, anyway I have something to take care of, I'll be back within the half a bell."

Garland sighed and walked inside the training building, there he waited outside the door, Ball or Arch probably aren't there yet, he wasn't hearing any Pycon voices or any weird magic chanting or whatever. He sat down on the floor and yawned. He's going to wait outside for a little while.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Archailist on January 11th, 2015, 2:52 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

There was a very good reason why the squirrel wasn't up at the Training Grounds already, since he often found himself dragged up there at the merciless hand of Ser Iros for another day of monotonous combat training with an Akalak able to put a turtle to shame. Everything hurt. It wasn't just like a deep-muscle burn that the humans often talked about, or the ache that could set deep in a persons bones. This was all of them combined. His entire body was just one big lump of clay, and as such, the pain spread equally over every inch. It must have been something to do with the training he'd done in the last day, though he'd never done anything in his life that had such a profound effect the next day. Even the most rigorous acrobatic exercises would only leave his clay tired and softer, not burn as brightly as they did that morning. It's like the Balicani attack all over.

He couldn't lie about in bed all day though, feeling sorry for himself. That was never the way to resolve these things. He flexed what little he could, baring the sting that faded into a dull throb, until it became more bearable. The more he worked, the more awake he became, the easier it became until he could finally sit upright and rub at some of the sorer points of his body. "Shyke... I hope this doesn't happen every time." At least, for the moment, it was somewhat manageable. He shouldn't be going off and fighting like this, he knew, but when an emergency came, he wouldn't have a choice. Whether he was sick to the teeth or worse, Rhysol wouldn't wait and neither would the squirrel. A bell later he was out the front door, on his way to the Training Grounds. A little worse for wear, but it was hardly visible on the squirrel. Perhaps his clay looked a little more pale than usual, but who was going to suspect?

A short walk, filled with quite a bit of shouting and little-to-no moving out of the way for passers-by, finally brought him to the same place he'd trained for the previous day. Possibly one of his favorite areas of the Grounds, barring the smaller grove of trees where he could relax in. Though he'd long since pushed as far as he could, just basic exercises with the equipment was a relaxing experience comparable to meditation. It calmed his mind, stretched his body.. limbered him up for the day and woke him up. Nivel already seemed to be preparing herself and the squirrel wouldn't intrude on her - it was just rude and disrespectful. Garland apparently thought the same, which surprised the squirrel enough to stop him in his tracks.

Since when did Garland actually have some restraint? The last time they'd met, he'd shown none of it. "Morning. You waiting for something?" Had the boys patron finally kicked some sense into him? Or did he just have more respect for the wing-eared mage-Pycon than he did for Arch. He couldn't really decide whether to be happy or whether to be annoyed. For now, he just settled on a strange curiosity, lingering about the entrance with an occasional unseen glance passing back to Nivel and the obstacle course beckoning him eagerly.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ball on January 12th, 2015, 2:12 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Unlike the others Pycons Ball showed up to the Training Grounds with a cup of hot coffee nestled neatly into a spot of thick Imass fur and his clay body. Surely it didn’t help with the roaring ache in his body, Ball was able to ignore that for the most part. It didn’t feel anywhere near as bad as removing one’s hand, or getting stabbed by a sword or two… Even though his nexus felt like it was being pounded on by a blacksmith’s hammer, the Pycon did his best to ignore it… At least the coffee was assisting in that portion of his aches and woes. Today’s training session should pop the bubbles that gave him so much grief and pain.

Trying his best to hide his pain Ball grimaced as he took a swig of coffee before dismounting from his faithful dog. Standing hurt a bit and so Ball dropped to a sitting position beside Garland as he looked at the squirrel with a grunt of acknowledgement. Something told the squire that the final Pycon squire was within the room. Pointing over his shoulder at the room he grumbled, “Staring Pycon within?” Looking back at Garland though Ball smirked, “One beating not enough?”

OOCSorry for the short post. >.< And I think the thread title is funny.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nivel on January 14th, 2015, 7:06 pm

Mages have a minor sixth sense when others of there kind are around, and with the help of auristics Nivel was very good at pinpointing even the weakest of mages. She wasn’t sure it was ball and arch but the reading she was getting was coming from two very small people who were recent initiates into magic. She was sure the other two would start to notice that something was different about each other but not really know what it was. The taint of magic was a part of them now and they would have to get used to it.

With the help of her meditation her mind was already clear of clutter so she was free to greet the other two pycons. She got up from her seated position and walked out the doorway to find not just the two pycons but also Garland.

“Oh Garland what are you doing here?” Nivel said in surprise. “Us pycons are going to have a sparing match but the more the merrier” her wings started fluttered happily as she turned to the other two clay squires who looked exhausted

“How are you two holding up? did you meditate and let your bodies rest like I told you?” She could tell that Arch didn’t but with Ball on his mount with a hot beverage she felt that maybe he had at the very least attempted.

“You know that magic training isn’t like regular training, if you aren’t careful you could permanently damage your body or simply explode, and I don’t think you want that do you?” Nivel didn’t want to sound like a mother but they needed to understand how dangerous magic could be. She would hate to find out that she led to their ruin.

“Are you sure you two are ready for this fight, I won’t be taking it easy on you” Nivel giggled knowing full well her fighting skills were the weakest of the group.
“If you sure you are lets get this started, If Garland is joining us we can make teams!” Nivel got a little excited at this prospect and her body shook to illustrate this “Ball is on my Team!” Nivel proclaimed before the others could react. She didn’t really think about it as a strategic advantage so much as an opportunity to get to know the other pycon more. She had spent a fair bit of time with Garland and Arch but hadn’t gotten to much time with the smallest one eyed one. Athough it also didn’t hurt to know how strong Ball was.

OocI was thinking that Garland would be our Jungle gym, as I'm sure most of the battle will take place on him. Hope your cool with that big guy :P

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Garland on January 15th, 2015, 8:23 am

Garland smiled at Ball and Arch. "Yes, I'm here to hand my butt over to you two, I know I literally have no chance with one of you, but against two? I should probably just leave and throw in the towel." He said sarcastically. "But of course, I'm a knuckle-headed idiot that doesn't know when to quit, isn't that right, Arch?"

Despite Arch looking rather annoyed at the boy, he didn't seem to care, in fact. He seems rather out of it, like he's in some sort of spell. He sighed contently and waited for Nivel to come out.

He didn't even notice Nivel come out, until she had spoken. " Oh, Hello Nivel. My patron wanted me to embarrass myself and join you three in a spar. Oh, and by the way... Arch, Ball, you two seem sick or something? Should you guys be up or something?"

“You know that magic training isn’t like regular training, if you aren’t careful you could permanently damage your body or simply explode, and I don’t think you want that do you?”

"Magic? Wait, you guys learned magic? Well, now this is just unfair..." He said and crossed his arms, leaning back to the wall. "I couldn't even beat one of you without magic, what chance do I have with a pycon that can shoot fire from their paw-er-hand or whatever."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ball on January 15th, 2015, 9:04 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball grunted as both Garland and Nivel made comment about learning magic. It didn’t feel like an advantage in combat currently. Instead it felt like a headache, his nexus throbbed with each comment and no amount of swigging the black liquid he brought along with him was going to be enough to kill the headache off in its entirety. Sure the drink assisted in making it bearable, but not much. When Nivel went on about them exploding or getting hurt Ball just waved it away and grunted more as his nexus continued to throb.

I already feel like I have exploded.

Yet now wasn’t the time to think about the pain his nexus was in. Now he had worry about this tag team battle he had somehow managed to get brought into. When the chipper of the three pycons piped up with his name and being on their team Ball cringed visibly to the others and nodded repeatedly, “Yes… yes. I will. Ugh just please… Not so loud.” If pycons had eyelids his would be sliding shut currently, more like squeezing tightly shut to block out as much of the light that seemed to be assisting in making his nexus miserable.

“I assume that means this fight is Nivel and I against you two?” Ball looked at the squirrel and then Garland. Ball sighed and nodded, “Yeah I guess that’s fair enough.” He frowned and looked around, forgetting nearly all his weapons in his dorm is sighed, “If you all will wait, I must return to my dorm room to gather my weapons…” He looked at all three and waited for their answer before he turned and headed off. He just needed one person to say sure and he would be off, Imass was already waiting patiently.

Just which weapons should I bring? The pole, The rapier, or Thorn?

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Archailist on January 16th, 2015, 8:08 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Not only Garland, apparently; Ball was back as well for a second day. He looked a little worse for wear, but that could be expected - Arch supposed that he didn't look any better, if at all. With everything that'd happened the other day, though, the squirrel was surprised that Ball was actually able to ride around and keep himself upright.. until he caught sight of the familiar mug with steam pouring out from the smaller squire's mount's fur. Major give-away. Damn. Wish I'd thought of that. A bit ingenious, if he didn't say it himself. Next time he had to do some more of the training - likely after today - he'd go down to the Bean and grab a few mugs of that earthy liquid for himself and save a little for later if he could. "Yeah, she's just insi--" The squirrel found himself cut off almost immediately as the Pycon-in-question stepped outside.

She looked fine. Well, she's used to it. Surely there was more to it than that - and then there was. "Yeah.. I did.. some." Resting his body was easy enough. He felt like he needed to after all they'd done that day regardless. Meditation was the hard part - the really hard part. Just the fact that he had to sit there and do nothing for bells on end; it was so damnably boring that he could barely do it for more than a few chimes at a time before he felt like he was just being stupid. ".. No.." He knew he needed to try, no matter how idiotic it felt. The rewards were pretty damn obvious.. not to mention, he didn't like the idea of exploding. A bit too messy for his liking.

With all these thoughts rushing around his head, the squirrel didn't really find her joke all too amusing. He didn't hear any giggles coming from Ball either. In fact, he was walking out! "Alright then.. I've got my own stuff with me, so it's no bother." Indeed, Arch did, although it wasn't his Py-Pole. The thing was a little too heavy and big to be carried around today.. instead, he had a coil of a Py-String looped into the clay at his hip for when he might need it. If he needed it, the thing was there.. though if he was completely honest, most of his time would likely be spent struggling to stay awake over trying to work his way around the small and rather complicated weapon.

Since there was nothing else to do until Ball got back from collecting his weapon, he finally turned back to Garland. He didn't want to be rude.. however, talking hurt. "Eh.. it's not that kind-of magic. It's a different kind.. and we're tired since we've been struggling to use it all day yesterday."
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Garland on January 17th, 2015, 5:27 am

Now that they mention it, they do look absolutely drained right now, still if Arch or Ball master even a tiny bit of magic, they will not only be an entire level away from Garland but an entire league away from most squires anyway. These two have more battles under their belt than some of the newer knights, its a wonder why these two are still squires.

"We'll wait for you, Ball. It's no problem." He leaned back to the wall and looked at Arch and Nivel. "Is magic really that tiring or were you two just going at it all day?" As he said that, he snickered a bit and coughed. "W-well, I hope you have a learn this new skill quickly, Arch."

Everything seemed so... good? Like life was fresh, and nothing could ruin his good mood. He's petty one-sided rivalry with Arch seemed so useless and stupid right now, he didn't care if they were going to spar or not, his mind was off wandering through his usually empty head, now though they were filled with a certain image of a Sverfa girl he met at the docks. Not exactly romantic though he cares very little for romance.

His heart was all a flutter and honestly, he could just sit there for bells on end and not really notice the time. Maybe he could learn a bit of magic too... maybe, not now though. He had a plan for tomorrow and he didn't want to be lethargic like the two other pycons.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nivel on January 18th, 2015, 5:33 pm

OocThanks for skipping me but face >__>

“well I’m glad you can join us Garland it should be fun” Nivel nodded happily “And don’t worry you know I can’t throw fire balls the magic I taught them only enhances strength and speed ” She contorted her face into what she thought was a mischievous grin in the the pouting tall folk’s direction but It was probably more sinister looking than anything. The mage really did want to learn how to use Reimancy but wasn’t in a big rush since she knew how dangerous it could be. Flux was all the risky magic she was willing to deal with at the moment.

“oh sorry” Nivel whispered upon realizing her high volume was getting to Ball. She felt she should know not to be too loud around those recovering from mild over giving but she just couldn’t help herself.

“No problem ball take your time, I’m in no rush” She wondered why he hadn’t remembered to bring the weapons he needed if he knew a spar was taking place. Although He was probably too busy trying to get that strange beverage he had, what ever it was.

“-and thats good to hear arch, make sure to meditate a lot, it really helps with the side effects” Nivel said softly to the squirrel “but you could also try some tea made of dried Tolm root, It does wonders.”
She couldn’t picture Arch doing meditation or even ball for that matter so it was best to give them other alternatives. As long as they rested a full day after doing their magic and didn’t push themselves to far to fast they would be fine but these extra things did help quite a bit.

“you mean the day before yesterday, If you were doing flux two days in a row with your low skill level you would certainly have exploded.” Nivel corrected the squirrel but it was mostly for Garlands benefit, she didn’t want the talk folk to get the wrong idea and think you could spend a day doing flux and then have a spar the next day.

“Arch..do you sew too?” Nivel said as she pointed to the skein of odd looking thread attacked to his side. “I can’t say I’ve ever seen thread like that.”

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)