Closed Gather my Children... (Gendler, Gwin, Hirem)

Evalin calls together all those that serve her for a very important meeting...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Gather my Children... (Gendler, Gwin, Hirem)

Postby Evalin on March 7th, 2015, 10:25 pm

19th of Spring, 515 AV

Tick... tick... tick went the world around the Immortal. Each passing moment stretching on and on into an endless void of existence whose great depth could cause an unwary soul to go mad. The absoluteness of it all, the deep darkness of the future to come, the promise of many days to flow one after another, in many ways it could turn one's mind to slot and stagnation, unwilling to move at all for in truth what was the point to hasten forward into an unending stretch of eternity. Such was the fate of many nuit... but not Evalin.

The time was coming, at last, for Evalin to take her place where she always knew she belonged. She was a being of such fiery will and determination that not even death herself would seize her. This the Immortal knew, and being as she was it was only fitting that she be the one to enact such a change to this world.

"There is a sickness," Evalin whispered, the light of a candle sending waving shadows over her features, "That permeates this world. A dreadful weakness, a plague called the mortal seeming that rots everything from the inside out. From it springs war, and death, and disease. Greed and anger and hate and revenge... Evil itself is born from these tiresome creatures who take for granted the blessings they have been given. How it is wasted upon them... but not for much longer."

Those who were to attend knew the time to be there, at the apartment the Immortal had procured the past season. The time was well past sunset, and their attendance was expected on time. Outside the door stood two figures. One a large man, muscled and thick chested who folded his arms over his barrel like pectorals as he glared at whoever approached. The other was a smaller man, thinner, but his eyes burned red with hate and disgust at everyone who made to enter the Immortal's lair. To each as they approached the bigger man would raise a hand and speak softly.

"What isss your name." the his of his words may or may not betray his origins, but in any case it mattered little. Once their name was given the other man would open the door for them, allowing each person to step into the room beyond.

The room was the typical size apartment, 400 square feet but there was no furniture to be seen except for a large chest pushed agains the back wall. The space was lit by flickering candles. There was one larger standing castle in each corner of the room, and several smaller candles scattered throughout. The way they were arranged cast strange and dancing shadows over the entire space, and at its center sat a small figure.

Evalin wore her child body today, wearing the small black dress that fit just right. Her body looked as though it could not have been any older than 8 or nine, and how she sat cross legged in front of another candle, feet bare and toes wiggling idly gave her an almost childlike bearing were it not for the pointed teeth exposed when she smiled and the usual burning red eyes. Behind her stood a man about six feet tall. He was thin and wore long black robes like what Evalin normally wore when out and about on business. The hood of his cloak was pulled back revealing a wild mess of black hair that fell to about his shoulders. Most strikingly, however, were his eyes. They had no irises or whites, but were simply solid blue and reflected the world round him.

Once everyone was there the two outside the door would step into the room and close the door after them. The largest man moved to sit on the chest on the back wall, while the smaller one simply found a corner and pulled his legs up to his chest, eyes burrowing into Evalin who paid him no mind at all.

Standing Evalin would raise her arms up at her side and smile around at those who had gathered, "Welcome children. Welcome to the end of an old and crippled world... and the start of a new one." the nails on her little hands were black and sharpened to points, and while her voice was childlike the Immortal's words were anything but, "I would like first for all here to introduce themselves. Some of you have, while others you have not. Come, one at a time stand and speak." Evalin pointed to the man sitting on the chest and smiled broader, "My dear Gresshal, why don't you begin?"

With an irritated grumble the man stood, rubbing a hand through his short dark hair before speaking, "I am Gresshal, from the region of Falyndar. Once I wasss a proud ressident of the city of Zinra, upholder of my queen and the waysss of Sssiku. Now I sssimply follow thisss witch where ssshe will." He finished shortly, sitting down once more.

Each person would be given a chance to introduce themselves, ending in Vino in the corner who simply gave his name and continued to glare, but the man who stood close to Evlain at all times did not say a word.

Ledger :
-8 GM (4 standing candles)
-10 CM (10 candles)

OOCI will end this intro here, and get the rotation going! Lets have fun with this ^.^

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hirem on March 9th, 2015, 1:27 am

There was a sickness in Hirem that would not abate, that festered in his mind and corrupted his thoughts; this sickness was called fear, and the Benshira knew that one day it would either consume him or be vanquished forever. The symptoms were painfully felt, in every waking bell of his. His hands refused to stop shaking. The nightmares refused to stop tormenting his sleep. Every coming day filled him with a new sort of anxiety, that made him squirm and wish for some sort of relief from the cruel hands of fate. Young men and women about to enter fully into the world and make it their own looked forwards to seeing where the course of their destiny would take them... Hirem dreaded his destiny, for it was a cruel and capricious beast that had done its best to shatter him entirely. The only reason he had responded to the witch's summons - the only reason he still had any interest in pursuing the she-devil down the sinful path she forged - was because the fear was growing impossible for him to manage on his own.

But he did not go to Evalin's without doubts. It had been more than ten days since he had last met the shadow-that-walked, and every day he wondered if he should not destroy the damned note gifted to him. "Come to this place at this date, and then I will reveal to you who I am and what we are to do," she had offered. Spring 19, the note read in her twisted hand, chaining him to the future prospect of another, more fateful meeting. Looking at the note in the morning after their encounter made his stomach convulse, made his head swim and blood run cold with dread. What have I done? What have I wed myself to? He remembered thinking, in an attempt to console himself, that there was no harm in keeping his options open, in entertaining Evalin's darkness even if he thought his path firmly set towards the light. After all, sun and shadows co-exist during the day. Even if I try to erase all the darkness from my life, I will still be unable to halt the coming dusk... so why should I struggle if it is all in vain? Why shouldn't I consider walking alongside the witch? But that resolve had dried up long before the dreaded nineteenth of Spring dawned, leaving Hirem with one question still on his lips: What am I doing?

But as unwilling as he was to admit it to himself, Hirem knew that there was no point in denying the fact that he needed Evalin. After all, he could not forget the despair that had overwhelmed him on that fateful night, and could not ignore the fact that his fate, ordained by the gods, had turned against him. He could not bring himself to trust Yahal, nor to trust any other lord of the Ukalas... too much had been taken away from him. And for a man that had grown so reliant on faith to sustain him, being without faith was like trying to survive without water. Hirem needed something to rely upon in the absence of the gods, and if he could not find another that satisfied him, then he would have to learn to depend upon himself. Evalin, more than anyone else, presented him with the best opportunity to take charge of his own fate. Unlike him, she had strived forever against the contrivances of her destiny, and had grown powerful as a result... Evalin truly had the power to remake the world according to her own whims. Hirem needed that power, for both himself and the people that relied upon him. He needed that power if he was going to protect his son from the cruelty of the world.

So he went to Evalin's on the 19th of Spring, despite his better judgment. He took a willing step into the darkness and did not look back.

Now he stood in the witch's apartment, in a scene straight from the collective nightmares of the Benshira. Shadows flickered on the walls of the home, sinister figures crowded around him, and the worst part was knowing that he was trying to make these villains his allies. The two guards that had been at the door had made Hirem wary, especially the smaller man with the red eyes, but they were not much worse than the scum he had regularly dealt with the Rat Hole... the cloaked figure that lurked behind Evalin with the mirror-like blue eyes struck an altogether different, more terrified chord in Hirem. And the worst of all was Evalin herself, the strange creature having adopted the body of a raven-haired child, the hellish face of the girl making him feel sick to his stomach. This is wrong, he kept thinking, eyes glancing towards the door to the apartment and contemplating a swift escape... all the while, memories of dreaded Hai flickered through his mind. The Benshira had known other vile beasts that had adopted the guise of children, and as such, could not help but feel the need to fight against Evalin or else escape her nightmarish wrath. But fear had paralyzed him from the waist down, and so he stood, rigid as a statue, his arms folded and his head bowed.

When the time came to introduce himself to the group - that shockingly numbered Gwin the Akvatari among its number! - he cleared his throat and glanced about the room, trying to overcome the hate that lay thick on his tongue. "My name is Hirem, from the tents of Alachi, of the sons of Rapa," he began, taking some comfort from the familiar greeting. "I am - well, I was born in Eyktol and lived among my people at Yahebah. A terrible mistake of mine ended up separating me from my people and left me exiled in the desert... now I am here." The thought disturbed him, but Hirem did his best to speak around his uncomfortableness. "Evalin knows what has brought me to follow in her stead. I ask that you question her if you wonder why I stand amongst you." His piece finished, the Benshira retreated back to the corner and folded his arms once more, trying to conquer the fear that was spreading swiftly throughout his being.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gendler on March 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm

Gendler

Gendler walked with haste through the streets as darkness fell upon Riverfall, emotionally empowered by the night that would shroud him. There was a growing satisfaction blossoming inside the undead as he began to reflect upon the previous season and all he had accomplished. His servitude, if it could be called such a thing at this point has been lax and undemanding on his training. Only performing a single task for Evalin he had spent all his free time honing his swordsmanship for the days to come, and there was a slow but keen improvement under the instruction of the azure men that he studied under. Although it was not all a wonderful experience as his aggressive style tended to come into conflict with there methods, patience and grace in battle was something he would never be able to tame. Nor did he desire to.

Gwin and three others where in sight as the undead approached the address given to him during the last season, though this was not his first time here. Gendler had scouted out the outside of the apartment not long after he learned of it, though there was an ominous tone that seemed to seep out this time. The first person to catch Gendlers attention was the one with kindred eyes. As Gendler approached the two standing watch there red eyes locked, the boys eyes attempted to pierce through and break the chained ones resolve with the hateful glare as the bigger man asked for his name. He matched the mans hateful glare, deep inside the crimson reflection in those eyes he could see the city of his birth in flames, and for a moment Gendler wondered if the man could see his own purpose in his own eyes, though he doubted it. Gendler turned his gaze to the bigger man as he asked for his name and gave it with little interest and made his way inside with the others.

The apartment was bare aside from the dim candles that poured there dim light upon the walls. The small child who sat in the center of the room looked wrongly familiar as she met those who came with a fanged smile, the tall man behind her stood as a guardian with his sapphire eyes that gave no hint to whom he was looking at. Confusion set into Gendler as he stared at the girl, wondering what form of trickery was at work. The child's eyes where intense but where to far from him to see if they where the source of familiarity, it wasn't until she spoke that Gendler caught on to her identity, though it only further tossed im into the depths of estrangement. He had witnessed Djed manipulation before among the senior knights who branched into the arcane, and then once again before he died.. But never had he seen a form of magic that could alter ones shape. The undead tensed with uncomfort as he began to question what Evalin was capable of, knowing she could be anyone or anything he came into contact with. Could she have been watching him, or the others from afar under the guise of another?

The first to introduce themselves on Evalins whim was the larger man, Gresshal. He began to describe how he served his Queen with some proud devotion. The undead silently questioned what would turn such a proud man to follow the enigma that brought all of them to this place, had she manipulated his standing amongst his people and turned them on him? Or perhaps there was some form of life-debt, Gendler did not know but it only furthered his instinct for caution. Gendler then listened to the darker skinned man, Hirem, and listened to his obscure tale of exile but discarded his relevance as he typically did with most mortals. Gwin, he had already met when he delivered his masters message and already made up his mind about her. Truth be told, he pitied the creature. She appeared to be kind and lively, living the simple but good life of a musician. Evalin seemed to be able to drag many different people from all walks of life into her plans. It would seem none where safe from her corruption, and he once again found himself wondering what was in it for them. They had a choice, the free will to decide what to do, yet here they are.. But for what? He would soon find out soon. Gendler filled his lungs with air to speak, pushing up his breastplate slightly as it came time for the undead to give introduction to the strangers.

Pulling down the dark brown hood that covered his scarred features the undead spoke with a dulcet tone that betrayed the roughness of his voice "I am Gendler of the wretched city Syliras. The capital of righteous cowards whom hide behind a dead God." Gendler did not wish to reveal anything else, and made it clearly visible in his posture. The light danced on his dried skin, his bare scalp and neck held many scars giving hints towards several attempts of decapitation that clearly failed. The young undead listened to the last two give there names, both of them where already in the vaults of his mind. Gwin and Vino. Though the tall and slender man with the sapphire eyes remained silent despite the newcomers expectations for his name. Gendler waited silently for there purpose for being summoned by Evalin, impatiently taping his fingers on the pummel of his longsword.
Gendler
Wraith

Words: 27289
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2015, 4:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gwin on April 26th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Gwin had been waiting for some time, roaming the streets and waters of Riverfall like a ghost, questioning everything and searching for something she didn’t expect to find. Now the waiting had come to an end and that in itself was a relief. Curiosity would be sated and answers would be given. After an eternity of silence, opportunity would speak with the voice of a child.

The Akvatari would’ve been the first to arrive, but a nervous desire to think it all through one last time led her away from the destination just as it came into sight. Wings beating the air furiously, she made it to the neighboring tier before turning back. When she’d met Evalin for the first time, she hadn’t quite been herself. Hidden depths had been unearthed to see the light of day and a sort of regretful frustration had pushed away her melancholy for the moment. She had caught up with herself since then, but a sliver of doubt remained. It formed a tight knot in her, a white noise she couldn’t figure out. There was a sickness in her now. It forced her to challenge boundaries and seek out the witch.

She offered her name to the man at the door, only mildly surprised at the hiss in his voice. The undead messenger had already given her a good idea of the kind of creatures Evalin was recruiting for her plan. The apartment she entered seemed larger than it was due to the lack of furniture, directing all attention towards the people. Among them was a face she hadn’t expected to see. The Benshira got a lingering gaze, greeting and question all in one, before she settled on the floor. Out of the three she didn’t know yet, the man with the blue eyes unsettled her the most. He had an otherworldly silence to him in a way that, whenever she looked at him, Gwin felt as if she was underwater.

It took her a while to process that and everything else, so the others introduced themselves first. Hirem seemed uncomfortable and stressed that his motivations be discussed with the witch, not himself. It confused Gwin, although she was probably the only other person with a vague idea of his inner workings. Then the undead – no messenger, after all – spit out his name and a string of curses before falling silent. Gwin had no way of knowing if his disgust was justified or not, so she pushed it aside.

She placed a protective hand on the instrument case she’d brought with her before speaking up. “I am Gwin, a traveling musician. I have been asked to put all of this into music and play the tune to this new world.” It was a bit of an understatement, but anyone who had met Evalin could guess as much.

She’d repeated the witch’s last words in anticipation of further explanations. How would this new world look like and how exactly was she planning to destroy the old? Gwin believed herself to be a mere chronicler which reassured her a little. Certainly she could take her mind out of the mix if necessary. At the same time, a tiny part of her wondered about this new world and its possibilities. It was the unfamiliar Gwin that sneered at her usual fatalistic outlook.
Last edited by Gwin on May 25th, 2015, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwin
Guerilla Minstrel

Words: 144602
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Evalin on May 19th, 2015, 3:16 am

"This is very good... very good indeed my children." she repeated this once more as she looked around the room, smiling at each person in turn with an expression that was both hungry and pleased at once. The flickering shadows cast by the flames of the candle twisted the light around her, playing ticks upon the eyes and altering their shapes as Evalin extended her arms once more to indicate the whole room, "All of you who are here today, in this room, have one thing in common. One thing that brings you closer than even ties of blood. Something that is so powerful that you have decided to take a risk this day, and heeded my call despite you all knowing full well who and what I am."

Folding her hands at her waist Evalin nodded slowly, looking back over her shoulder Gresshal before locking eyes with each person, lingering a tick longer on Gwin before she continued, "All of you sense it. There is something in this world that is not quite right. There is a darkness that lingers and spreads, a disease that is taking over all things living and non, sentient and unintelligent. You all feel it. Chains that wrap about your wrists and neck, binding you to a power you do not have the strength to resist..."

Silence reign as Evalin closed her eyes, undoing the ties of her robes and letting the cloth fall to the floor so that she stood bare for all to see, "My children I share with you now the greatest secret of this world... The world is dying." Evalin plucked at the strands of her djed, calling upon the all too familiar image of a model used more times than any other, and her djed responded almost instantly, recognizing it and adopting it as if it were only natural. Evalin began to grow, a slow change as her djed swelled and expanded, limbs lengthening and bodily proportions filling out as over the span of several ticks she began to lose her visage as a child to become more woman like, "You children are alone, abandoned by the gods or worse still, used by them in their grand games of politics that spread through the cosmos like nothing more then pieces with no life or meaning in and of yourselves. You are tossed about, pointed and directed to dance by wires tired to your very soul that dictate what you must and must not do."

As her body grew so did her hair lengthen, patches of black snake like scales beginning to spread all the way up her spine, over her shoulders and across her chest. Teeth elongated as she continued to talk, canines sharpening to fangs as the Immortal set one hand on her waist and gestured with the other upward into the darkness, to the sky and to a world they could not see, "Disease is spread to cull your numbers. Blood is spilled and your bodies tortured to teach you your place. Your spine is curved as you struggle to hold more than is your burden to bear, and all the while only a select few of your kind is chosen to sit and rise above the rest, relieved of their shackles and patted on the back as if for your work THEY have done good."

Evalin's expression darkened as she spoke, passion and fury filtering through her words as images of a past began to coat her own gaze, "If you are born lacking, unprivileged or simply unlucky you are labeled as lost. By certain unclear rights some rise to greater power and with that power they subjugate their own people. Mortal strikes down mortal spurred by the eyes of other even more powerful beings who seek only the entertainment that those such as you can provide. Cruelty, manipulation, torture... More and more it is spreading, sinking into more and more lives as those called 'weak' are forced to do for the 'strong' simply because they were born different." her words hissed through her teeth and Evalin raised her hands, res spilling from them as she sucked in another breath. She called the flames around the room to come, and from their perches on the candles the little flickering fires leaped and soared across the room, collection from all of the candles around the room to collect in those two outstretched palms. That left only the candle directly in front of Evailn that still held a flame, and the room was thrown into darkness with the only sources of light focused on the Witch.

"Evil..." Her voice was a hushed whisper as the dancing light of the flames reflected from her cruel red eyes, "This world is steeped in evil where no true justice is possible. The greedy and pathetic lord over the rest in their chambers of avarice and lust after more when those that should be beneath their protection simply suffer indignity after indignity until their aching backs can take it no longer and they crumble. The few take from the many and the deities and beings called Gods are content to play puppet master to watch us all dance for their own amusement. This world is rotten, down to its very core, and something must be done."

Clenching her hands into fists the collective flames in her palms were snuffed out, leaving only one flickering candle to light the room and those in it, "I am no merciful being children. I am neither good or kind. I am a monster... a darkness born of this world for a singular purpose. I am the blade of the assassin that comes to vanquish the tyrannical. I am the cleansing fire that scorches a field filled with disease. I am the storm that wipes the corrupt from the face of this world. I live in blood. I kill and hurt and destroy... I do what must be done for a world that is cruel and unable to change itself."

With a sigh Evalin set her hands on her hips, looking around at those present once more, "You my children are the beginning of a change. You will be my voice to a people to offer the softer words of kindness and mercy that I myself cannot give. You will be my arms which lift and give aid when I cannot. You will be my legs to spread my vision to places I cannot tread. That, children, is your role."

Several ticks passed before Evalin spoke again, softly as before but the hard edge and cold fury was gone replaced by something more like curiosity, "Now I give you, my first chosen, your first and final chance to decide. If it is your wish you may leave this place now, and forget all you have heard. No ill shall come to you by my hands, but neither can I offer you my protection or power in the days to come. If you feel that your soul quivers with the words I have spoken then stay, and pledge your loyalty to me and in return I will give you every ounce of my knowledge and power. I will protect you when you call upon me. Worship me and I will aid you in your times of need. Learn from me and I will teach you all that i know. Follow me and I will lead you to a new, and better world."

The witch extended her hand over the flickering flame, casting all light on that appendage that was like an offering of aid and acceptance, "Who here will join me?"

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gendler on May 25th, 2015, 4:25 am

Gendler

Gendler held his silent posture as if he where a statue. As the musician finished her introduction the undead turned his vorpal gaze to the sorceress who so warmly invited everyone to her home. Gendler listened to her words, but they were clearly not for himself- but for the living participants, as they were the ones who came of their own freedom. Though only a fool would not consider at least listening to what the witch had to offer. Gendler had nothing against the Gods, they never barred his path. In fact, one even gave him the means to forge his revenge on his own terms. Clearly Evalin had forgotten the gifts Uldr had given her, for she spoke towards the Divine as a whole, sparing not a one the venom of her words. The ravings of a madwoman who sought to spit in the face of beings who could remove her from existence with but a gaze. And truth be told, the Gods didn't matter to Gendler, the world didn't matter and they cared not for him. This was the relationship of nature and nothing would change this fact. Any who believed they could change any of it was a fool, one the undead would avoid if only to spare himself from listening to revolutionary speeches like this.

'The ego.' he thought to himself as she continued, now drifting away into his own plans. There were many options before him; he could continue to serve the witch and hope he gained something out of it. Perhaps convince her to turn her eyes towards Syliras. Possibly lead whatever followers she manages to scrape up to collect his daughter and burn the Windolk as well as half the city. Perhaps even convince her to give her some of those powers she poses as well. Or he could walk out the door and do it himself. Though doing so would break his pact with Uldr, despite his flesh no longer being tied to humanity he still had his honor. The blank expression on Gendlers face began to sour as Evalin finished, leaving all inside with a choice to make. Never would he kneel before a woman like this, worship her in hopes to gain favor. But he needed to. For his daughter, for his vengeance to be catapulted. He could spend a hundred years planning the removal of each brick holding Syliras up. But his family could not.

Gendler dropped to one knee in submission to Evalin., the ball of flame in her hand mirroring the hatred and shame in his heart for doing so. The price for power will be pride this day. Lowering his head he stared at the wooden floor beneath him, his eyes now powerfully red from the fury in his chest. Soon enough he will see if the sorceress has more than magical tricks to awe an audience to offer. But not here where so many would come to her aid.
Gendler
Wraith

Words: 27289
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2015, 4:27 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gwin on May 25th, 2015, 5:16 pm

As Evalin launched into a speech, Gwin leaned back against her arms, hands planted flat on the floor. Before she knew it, she was ensnared by the witch’s words, trapped in a shining web of opportunity and possibility. If nothing else, the woman had a gift with words and the confidence to use it.

Her lingering glance didn’t escape Gwin’s attention. After a tick, she lowered her head, being unable to withstand those eyes any longer. She wondered if Evalin had sensed her hesitation, her calming realization that loyalty wasn’t included in their agreement. She probably thought Gwin would come around sooner or later... She probably didn’t care at all. As far as Gwin knew, she’d met the witch some time before Gendler or Hirem had been recruited, but that didn’t mean she understood the ways her old mind worked any better. Time would tell, or not.

As she spoke of a sickness permeating the world and chains, Gwin almost felt them curling around her torso, wrists and neck, restricting her. There was power in those words, a power that the Akvatari wished to capture in her music eventually. So her instruction began, in small yet significant steps. Gwin appreciated it, glad that their relationship was slowly balanced out. As her expectations had been slim in the first place, it came as a welcome surprise.

She blinked, then straightened with tension when Evalin began to grow visibly. With wide eyes that reflected the ocean, she witnessed the transformation. The words shrunk to an afterthought, although they still rang true. Hadn’t she been tossed here and there by her frustration with the gods, her secret wish to rise to divine attention? Ideas were tucked away, not forgotten.

All the time the thing Evalin was growing into spoke as if reading her soul. Before long, Gwin felt as if turned upside down, her deepest thoughts and desires lying open. When the candles were extinguished, she almost jumped. A tick later, she was glad for the dim light.

Suddenly the word ‘children’ wasn’t confusing anymore as it fell from those black lips, no, it had become almost soothing. Gwin understood its meaning now. At last she saw where they were going and what she’d be doing at Evalin’s side. At that point, nothing she’d thought prior to that speech mattered anymore. Whether she agreed or not, it didn’t matter. She’d been given perspective and a task. That was enough. All the doubts she’d fought just moments before had been extinguished together with the candle flames. Contrary to her expectations, the witch did ask for loyalty, but she also offered things in turn. Protection, knowledge, even power.

Follow me and I will lead you to a new, and better world.

Her last words resonated inside Gwin’s chest as she watched the undead kneel before the scaled fanged creature. The Akvatari didn’t do anything as pretentious or dramatic, no, she didn’t even beat her wings to rise into the air. Remaining on the floor, she met Evalin’s gaze and nodded. “I will. Teach me and I will give you my voice, my music for this new world. Aye, I will follow you.”
Gwin
Guerilla Minstrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Evalin on May 27th, 2015, 10:14 pm

In the corner Vino grunted, but his eyes were not on Evalin at all but on the wall to his side. He seemed determined to give Evalin as little attention as possible. The Immortal ignored this however, eyes wandering over Gendler who knelt before her like a good servant should. Her smile broadened as she rested one hand on his shoulder, squeezing it gently before looking back to Gwin as she, too, gave her affirmation.

There was an unexpected feeling deep in Evalin's chest at that moment, at that instant when around her those of the room either looked to her in reverence or knelt before her in submission. A feeling that was strong, so very strong that it made Evalin pull her hand back and gently touch the spot over which her unbeating heart rested in her chest. Looking behind her Evalin's eyes fell on Gresshal and, while he said no words he simply bowed his head, having given up any thought of freedom long ago. Beside her Tsenrika stirred, resting his hand on Evalin's shoulder and turning his eyes on those assembled.

"Raise your heads and be proud of what you have done this day. From this night forward my Master recognizes each of you as her followers, and as a Mother watches after her children so shall my Master guide and watch over all of you." His voice was deep, yet cold as the fridges waters of the north. His expression was perfectly neutral as his hand fell to his side once more.

"Indeed so it is." Evalin whispered, eyes falling on Gwin then once more, for in truth the only person in this room who could truly decide to follow the Immortal was this small, insignificant mortal before her. Did she realize this? The importance of her decision? Well, whether she realized it or not Gwin held a position of great significance to Evalin and her cause, and this was something the Immortal would never forget.

"On this night each of you came alone and of your free will to this place... but you will leave having become a part of something bigger, grander and more important. I will never forget this, and in exchange I will gift you all with two things." Extending her hand to Tsenrika, the Familiar produced from the folds of his robes a knife, its blade long and sharp which he handed to Evalin handle first. As her fingers curled around this Evalin danced a finger along its edge, admiring how the light glinted off its metal, "The first is given with pain, a symbol that your flesh will bear that marks you as one of my children. It shall be a brief thing, but with it you will always know that you are guided and protected. This mark will be a reminder of the pain that was inflected at its creation, and a reminder of the pain this world is in now. You will bleed as a symbol of your understanding of the hurt that fills this world, and an acceptance that things cannot remain as they are."

She looked back at Gresshal then, indicating he come forward and so he did without hesitation or a word. His face was set in a grim expression as he offered Evalin his right arm, his forearm facing up. Turning the blade over in her fingers Evalin began the cut, starting near the center of his forearm and using simple lines as she went. Two parallel lines with a circle connecting them at the top began the process, and the blade cut cleanly through flesh, parting the tissue quickly and easily. Evalin was careful in her work, her head steady having practiced this often on the corpses at the alements. The cuts were only be deep enough to leave a light scar when fully healed. After the initial carving was completed Evailn drew on line up from the center of the circle, and from there added three more lines that extended upward from that before curving back down once more. The final product was a symbol that was roughly the shape of a lit candle.

Blood flowed from the newly created wounds, and once the cutting process was complete she would lean down lick from those wounds the blood that poured forth, repeating the process on the knife until it was completely clean once more before she turned back toward Gwin.

"This will be our symbol. A lit candle that shines in the darkness. A beginning of a cleansing fire that will scour the world and make it pure once more. The pain will be brief, but with it we gain clarity and understanding of our purpose. As your guardian I make these cuts, and each feels as painful to myself as it does to you for I do not wish to harm those who follow me. Thus I take from you the blood you have spilled, and taste the pain I have caused and accept responsibility for what befalls you from this moment on. This will be a sacred ritual to us. The carving of our symbol on the flesh as a reminder of the pain the world suffers, and the consuming of the blood shed by our followers as we accept that what we do we do because we must."

Releasing Gresshal now Evalin extended her hand forward to Gendler and Gwin, "Now, come forward and accept this symbol and become a part of me my dear Children."

Evalin would then allow Gendler and Gwin to choose where they wished the mark to be placed, and there she would give them the symbol of their new allegiance. The knife blade was razor sharp and the wounds only just deep enough to scar thus the pain would be brief, and when Gwin's was completed Evalin would tick clean the blood from her wounds as some primal need deep within her was then satisfied. With Gendler, however, there was no blood or ichor that would pour forward so she would simply carve the symbol and move on.

When this task was completed Evalin would hand the knife back to Tsenrika who stored it away once more, "Now the second gift I give to you..."

Evalin looked down at the single lit flame, and leaning down she snuffed it out with a single breath, casting them all into total darkness. When she spoke again Evalin's voice was only just above a whisper, "This next gift is on that must forever remain a secret. I give this only to those in this room who have sworn their loyalty to me and who bear my symbol. I give this only to those I have accepted as my children, and it is a sign of my trust in each of you. Thus never speak of what I tell you now, to anyone..." She would pause and allow silence to fill the darkened room, and after several ticks she would finally continue, "I give to you my true name... Evangeline... The name I cast off at the turning point of my existence when I was forced to destroy all connections with mortality I had. Evangeline... The child who was too ignorant to understand what she was doing, so long ago, and thus Evalin was born. That name is both my greatest secret, and my greatest shame. I give it to you, my children, for you have all given to me your deepest loyalty and in kind I give you mine in return."

with a sign Evalin extended her hand forward, a flame flickering in her palm as res poured from her fingers to fuel its light to brighten the room once more, "From this day onward you may each call upon me in your time of need and I shall be there. From this day onward my power is your power, and my knowledge is yours." The flame flowed from her hand to once more light the candle at her feet. Straightening Evalin set her hands on her hips, looking to all of those present, "Soon I shall be off to the city of Zeltiva, where I will seek to add more to our numbers and increase those who will follow our cause. When I return we shall meet once more and I shall take a few of you with me on another journey. It has begun, the change in this world is starting this very night and I shall require all of your aid to see that it comes to fruition. Until I next call upon you you may go about your lives as normal. Until then my children... May your lives be ever yours to command."

This was an indication that the meeting had come to an end, and if any wished to leave they could. Vino was the first to stand and stride out of the room, not even looking back as he slammed the door behind him.

OOCOK! If you guys have any questions or concerns please let me know! This is just the start of something very fun that we will begin playing out this Summer. I look forward to RPing with you guys for a long time to come ^.^
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gwin on June 5th, 2015, 4:55 pm

OOCGreat thread! I'll submit this for grading now. Gendler, if you want to get another post in, I suggest you do it soon...

It was the first time the entity with the seamless blue eyes spoke. At least Gwin couldn’t remember hearing his deep voice before and she had an excellent memory of sound. As a mother watches after her children… In a way that confirmed her own feelings and further strengthened the belief that she was doing the right thing. They’d given something up, of course, but they’d also gained something in return.

Evalin was no goddess (or so Gwin thought), but something about entering into her service willingly felt more than satisfying. Through that act, she felt, she’d answered a few of the existential questions all Akvatari were burdened with.

The next words confirmed what Gwin thought of as a pact. At first the notion of bleeding for the witch seemed repulsive, a barbaric custom the musician wouldn’t agree with. When she watched the procedure with Gresshal, however, she began to understand how small a sacrifice it was. Surely branding their flesh was only a small gesture compared to the pledge of loyalty they’d just given. Those things considered, the blood lost much of its significance. If Evalin had kept drops of their blood for herself, that would’ve been a different matter.

When it was her turn, Gwin fluttered closer and offered her right arm, the one that usually moved the bow across the strings of her violin. The lit candle should be carved on her upper arm for everyone to see whenever she played her instrument. (A small part of her argued that she could cover it with a scarf easily if their ties were ever cut.)

The second gift she accepted with respect and just a little confusion. As a musician and a singer of ballads, Gwin thought she knew a bit of words and names. It must mean a lot for Evalin to give them her true name and probably gave them a lot of power over her. If only she knew how to use that power. But Evalin had also offered to share knowledge with them. Oh, Gwin would get back to her on that… She dearly wished to understand how the witch did what she did, what kind of magical glue held her together, the way she presented herself to others. As her minstrel, Gwin needed to understand certain things.

For the moment, however, enough had happened. When dismissed, Gwin gathered her belongings and flittered to the door with two beats. A few words fell from her lips before she left to, as recommended, live her life and command her fate.
Gwin
Guerilla Minstrel

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Dravite on August 2nd, 2015, 9:53 am

Evalin

XP Award:

• Philosophy: 2
  • Observation: 1
  • Diplomacy: 2
  • Organisation: 1
  • Intimidation: 1
  • Persuasion: 2
  • Morphing: 1
  • Drawing: 1
  • Leadership: 1

Lore:

• Mathematics: Time keeping
  • Leadership: Delegating
  • Gendler: From Syliras
  • Hirem: The Benshira
  • Gwin: The traveling musician

Hirem

XP Award:

• Logic: 1
  • Planning: 1
  • Storytelling: 1
  • Observation: 1

Lore:

• Hirem: Sick with fear
  • Evalin: Makes you anxious
  • Evalin: The Immortal Witch
  • Evalin: The Monster

Gendler

XP Award:

• Observation: 2
  • Philosophy: 1
  • Logic: 2
  • Socialisation: 1
  • Stealth: 1

Lore:

• Gendler: A man of little patience and grace
  • Gwin: A familiar face
  • Intimidation: A fearsome glare
  • Evalin: Manipulative
  • Evalin: Master
  • Evangeline: The truth behind the name

Gwin

XP Award:

• Observation: 2
  • Logic: 2
  • Socialisation: 1
  • Deduction: 1

Lore:

• Hirem: A nervous man
  • Evalin: Master
  • Evangeline: The truth behind the name

Penalties:
Gendler and Gwin, a scar in the shape of a lit candle in the place of your choosing.

Notes: Wow, best thread I have read on Mizahar in a long time. So this is where all the talent hangs out! Damn, that was a great read you lot, seriously, I enjoyed every single post! Let me know if you think I have missed anything here and be sure to edit your grading request!

Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)