OOC Info Winter 516 Character Registry

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Winter 516 Character Registry

Postby Languish on December 1st, 2016, 4:14 pm

Winter516 AV Character Registry and Calendar

Calendar :
1st: The winter season rolls around, ushered in by the flaring of the watchtowers.

2nd: A notice is placed intermittently around the halls, advertising a bounty of 1000 coins for the head of any follower of Morwen, as she has abandoned her duty. Lector Qiao seems to approve of the hunt, despite his lack of interest in the Gods.

3rd: An unseasonably warm wind travels through the island, creating choppy seas and a grand rainstorm that sputters on and off for several days.

10th: The harsh weather creates a noticeable lack of trade. Food is especially scarce.

17th: Hunters are commissioned for food by high status Pulsers, including Goron Silverheart. (Quest)

18th: Due to the rainy conditions and increased hunting traffic, mud is being tracked into the Citadel. Many Nuit complain loudly about the uncleanliness, and some hire or purchase slaves to clean their labs.

20th: Judgements are held.

22nd: The rain and wind subside, once again allowing trade ships.

30th: Wizards prepare the Citadel's wards for winter weather, including defenses against hail, light snow, and strong winds.

40th: Judgements are held.

43rd: The Heartland wardens report that the animal populations seem to be coming out of hibernation, and are beginning to breed again.

50th: Thorn hare populations spike, leading to an influx of the rodents as both food and test subjects. The price of Thorn hares is lowered to a mere 1 silver at the Synchograph's Office.

55th: The wards are declared unnecessary for this season, and are removed.

60th: A wizard claims he has made a breakthrough and has managed to glyph a hare. He holds a display of his discovery in one of the meeting rooms.

73rd: All of the supposedly glyphed Thorn Hares are found dead. Sabotage is suspected.

80th: Judgements are held.

81st: A dazzling purple, blue, and white light is seen in the sky across the sea at night. It is suspended for 7 bells before falling to the Syliran wildlands. Eye witnesses report the preposed falling star to the Council of Five, and are taken in for questioning. (Quest)

84th: An open meeting is held to discuss the implications of the sighting. All residents are encouraged to attend.

91st: The unusual Winter season rolls to a close, and the new year begins.

Rules for Claiming Events:
Events in bold must be claimed in order to use in a thread.
Events not bolded are available for everyone to use.
Quests shall be applied for in my office using the moderated thread request form.
Those who claim an event must provide a link in my office within 72 hours or forfeit their claim.

Challenges:
- Attend a meeting
- Purchase a Thorn Hare
- Pray to a deity
- Do something to spoil yourself
- Give a gift
- Eat something inedible
- Go for a Hunt
- Start or spread a rumor about the cause of the strange weather

6 challenges must be completed to earn the medal. At least 2 must be completed with another PC. Only 2 can be completed within a single thread. These prompts are meant to be inspiration, so they are flexible in their interpretation. Have fun with them!

Please register here if you plan to play in Sahova this season. Currently, you do not have to be allowed into the Citadel. The doors are open to all new residents and to visitors. I do, however, ask that you post in The Harbor before beginning roleplay if you are arriving. Below are two forms- one for new players and characters new to Sahova, and one for players returning to Sahova. Please be sure you have the right form.

New Players:
Code: Select all
[center]New [/center][b]Name, Nicknames, Alias:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Reason for Coming to Sahova:[/b] What drew you here? Both IC and OOC.
[B]Date of Arrival:[/b]
[b]Field of Specialization or Occupation:[/b] Maledictor, Summoner, Undertaker, Poisoncrafter, etc.
[b]Favorite Aspect of Sahova:[/b] A location, piece of lore, another player/PC, etc.
[b]Aspect You'd Like to See Expanded:[/b] Same as above.
[b]Goals for the Season:[/b] What are you trying to accomplish?
[B]Questions and Comments:[/b]

Returning Players:
Code: Select all
[center]Returning[/center][b]Name, Nicknames, Alias:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[B]Reason for Being In Sahova:[/b] IC and OOC. Why are you here?
[B]Duration of Stay:[/b] How long have you been here and how long will you stay?
[b]Field of Specialization or Occupation:[/b] Maledictor, Summoner, Undertaker, Poisoncrafter, etc.
[b]Favorite Thread From Last Season:[/b] Whatever season you were last active. Doesn't have to be from Sahova.
[B]Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded:[/b] What do you want to see developed?
[b]Goals for the Season:[/b] What are you trying to accomplish?
[B]Questions and Comments:[/b]
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Alija on December 5th, 2016, 5:28 pm

New
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Alija Piper
Race: Human
Reason for Coming to Sahova: The magic!
Date of Arrival: 3rd Winter 516
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Aurist and blacksmith
Favorite Aspect of Sahova: Yachluria Forge
Aspect You'd Like to See Expanded: Not sure
Goals for the Season: Start learning alchemy and animation
Questions and Comments: I'll be contacting you soon to talk about my Judgement
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Benare Nitrozian on December 6th, 2016, 5:45 pm

TITLE

New
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Ben Nitrozian
Reason for Coming to Sahova: IC: In search of some people listed from a captains journal- whom might be planning to kill or find some sort of use with them? OOC: Ravok closed down :(
Date of Arrival: Mid Winter- if I've done some calculating right?
Field of Specialization or Occupation:Mercenary
Favorite Aspect of Sahova: Not so sure yet, you're pretty cool though Languish! :)
Aspect You'd Like to See Expanded: Same as above.
Goals for the Season: Find some of the men listed on the Captains Journal.
Questions and Comments: Would death and interrogation be okay here?

The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on December 8th, 2016, 4:08 am

New
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Sayana
Race: Eypharian
Reason for Coming to Sahova: Spread some chaos (ICly). Little does she know that she might end up as a test subject. OOCly, I want to expose Sayana to more magic, specifically morphing. I also want to challenge her and make her struggle. Lastly, Ravok closed.
Date of Arrival: Winter 4, 516
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Warden Initiate
Favorite Aspect of Sahova: I like just how wild and dangerous the testing grounds are. And I was amused to find Terra, a NPC, who has a similar history to the sorts of things I have planned for Sayana.
Aspect You'd Like to See Expanded: I was curious about the Silence, but didn't see much info on them.
Goals for the Season: Not die. Maybe learn morphing. Maybe hunt down a vantha. And I'm really curious about that fallen star.
Questions and Comments: Let the adventures begin!

Credit: Shimoje
Last edited by Sayana on December 19th, 2016, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Corvus Bubon on December 8th, 2016, 9:58 pm

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias:Corvus Bubon
Race:Nuit
Reason for Being In Sahova: Working on Malediction, Animation, and Poinsoncrafting
Duration of Stay: I have been here one Season, and I am staying for the foreseeable future.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Maledictor, Poisoncrafter
Favorite Thread From Last Season: The only solo thread I actually had time to complete last season: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic67418.html
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: Nothing to add at the moment.
Goals for the Season: Judgement and Malediction/Poison skill building. Might go after a few Quests.
Questions and Comments: If you're interested in threading with me send me a PM.
Corvus Bubon
Bone Whisperer

Words: 28890
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2016, 1:35 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drake Kasparov on December 13th, 2016, 12:18 am

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Drake Kasparov / Drake Snowsong / Blue
Race: Vantha ( >_> )
Reason for Being In Sahova: To grow more knowledgeable in all things, and in doing so, more powerful.
Duration of Stay: Since Fall. Current plans for length of stay are indefinite.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Reimancer.
Favorite Thread From Last Season: My Judgement thread, I suppose. That one isn't done at the time of me posting this, though so.. None, I guess?
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded:
Goals for the Season: Work on my existing magical disciplines. Learn Glyphing. Research into ways to remove Ice Reaving Gnosis mark. Try not to get hunted down and killed by religious fanatics.
Questions and Comments: This is gonna be interesting, I s'pose.
Drake Kasparov
The Iceman Cometh

Words: 25882
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 2:31 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on December 22nd, 2016, 1:54 am

Returning

Name, Nicknames, Alias: Clyde Sullins
Race: Human, living
Reason for Being In Sahova: IC, was previously promoted to Wizard rank, continuing his work, OOC, Ravok closed so migrated out.
Duration of Stay: Arriving back early winter with Sayana and party, unsure how long staying.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Magecrafting, Glyphing, Reimancy, Auristics.
Favorite Thread From Last Season: Fire and Water
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: Monsters/flaura/fauna and things to run into roaming about the island, and I believe back during the Djed storm there was some sort of sentient golem group/cult that popped up that never got expanded upon- perhaps more about that?
Goals for the Season: Start his first project in his newly finished Magecrafting lab, acquire some fresh shinies, perhaps acquire an apprentice, gain additional status on the island, and perhaps get involved in that star fall plot? Find a decent meal.
Questions and Comments: So, anyone want to be my new ghost pal? Being a ghost currently not a necessity! Only a little bit joking...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aerius on December 27th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Returning
Name, Nicknames, Alias:Aerius
Race:Chained One/Nuit
Reason for Being In Sahova: IC: Aerius has been on Sahova for quite a while. OOC: Because it's always been a city I've wanted to rp in, and now is the time to do so.
Duration of Stay: How long have you been here and how long will you stay?
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Reimancy, Morphing, Hypnotism, and Magecraft
Favorite Thread From Last Season: Anything written by Kaie. (I'm Biased on all PC's don't blame me. )
Aspect of Sahova You'd Like to See Expanded: More Fauna for the experimentin'. Perhaps a few more locations, and although I know there are several more is always better due to thread opportunities.
Goals for the Season: Perhaps to reach expert in Reimancy this season, Kill a few things here and there, and study the fauna for morphing forms.
Questions and Comments: I hope to write with some of you.
ImageImageImage
Aerius, as a Chained One projects an unnatural aura of unease, “wrongness”, Fear, and discomfort. Anyone who happens to be nearby will likely experience one of the feelings above; both people and Animals have a tendency to avoid him under normal circumstances.
Aerius
The Immortal Sorcerer

Words: 44527
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2016, 7:45 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Belugnir on January 7th, 2017, 9:45 pm

New
Name, Nicknames, Alias: Einar Belugnir
Race: Human.
Reason for Coming to Sahova: IC: Being shipwrecked after accepting a job to guard a merchant vessel bound for the island. OOC: This simply seemed like the most interesting place for the character development that I hope to achieve.
Date of Arrival: Uncertain, would say somewhere around the 50th of winter?
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Mercenary.
Favorite Aspect of Sahova: The whole concept of an isolated island governed by undead mages devoted to their research and how well it seems to be executed.
Aspect You'd Like to See Expanded: More monsters please.
Goals for the Season: Not dying, naturally. Right there along with making some sweet money and attaining whatever can otherwise benefit a charming lowlife.
Questions and Comments: Nothing to say yet. Sorry.
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Luxe on January 9th, 2017, 9:53 pm

░ new pc ░

Name, Nicknames, Alias: Luxe
Race: Kelvic
Reason for Coming to Sahova: IC; she was being brought here by her mistress before the old crone died on the last leg of their journey. Decided she was halfway across the ocean and would just complete the journey.
OC; I've been toying with a few different character ideas off and on for a while and I always loved Sahova, since it's open and I have a concept I really, really like, I figured I would bring my Kelvic here!
Date of Arrival: Winter 2nd, early evening.
Field of Specialization or Occupation: Hunter (pending approval)
Favorite Aspect of Sahova: I love the Citadel and it's Alahean heritage.
Aspect You'd Like to See Expanded: I would like to see more fauna, and might be interested in doing a few write ups of little critters since I'll be a hunter and it might be fun to have Luxe come across more unusual / wild djed altered creatures in my threads. (once the creatures are approved, of course.)
Goals for the Season: Her goals will be to get some goals actually. As she was a slave prior to docking, she doesn't quite know what she wants to do with herself yet. I'd like to see her expand her shielding abilities, as well as proving a useful hunter. Maybe once she sort of shows people she's not a total savage she could start looking into learning magic as an apprentice. (But the apprentice thing is more of a long term goal.)
Questions and Comments: I've really excited to play here and if anyone wants to do a thread, let me know! I'm open to most sorts of threads.

Luxe
Player

Words: 8050
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2016, 11:36 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next