[Jilitse's Scrapbook] Ichor for sale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Jaeden Kincade on December 29th, 2011, 6:54 pm

Faith is often a tricky thing, and for the most part boils down through the “eye of the beholder” deal. It can often lead to heated debates and in real life, many wars were, and still are, being fought over faith itself.

I myself, tend to be agnostic for the most part(I’m open to the concept, but I can’t take it on faith anymore, sort of need some proof), with a slight lean towards the Universal Laws of Attraction and Karma.

Such would be a little more difficult in Miz, where gods and goddess’ interact with the mortals on a regular basis. It often makes me wonder how well a character trying to play an Atheist would work out. Constantly denying that gods exist, claiming that ones that suddenly appear before him are nothing more than just “really powerful individuals and not gods” And for the most part, who’s to really deny him that claim? Even if the gods smite him and make the Atheist’s life terrible until it is eventually ended, who would be able to convince him that he is wrong? Again, in the eye of the beholder.

Jaeden doesn’t stick to or follow a particular faith himself zealously. He doesn’t call out a gods name in times of crisis, and only offers a prayer to Caiyha every now and then when hunting. For the most part, he just lives, and tries to live right by his own views and ideals shaped on how he was raised and life experiences. Despite being marked by two gods.

Priskil, in my opinion, is a Goddess who would likely want her followers to work more towards “leading by example” rather than preaching and converting (save for things involving Sagillius, which is sort of personal for considering what happened to Aquiras). She would hope that someone, seeing evils being committed, would step forward to intervene, but wouldn’t want them to go all Richard the Lionheart, and force faith on the “heathans”.

In the end, even her Wiki claims her as a Goddess who demands nothing and is hesitant to ask for help. I believe, again just my opinion, that she doesn’t even truly want war with Saggy, that she’s borderlined total pacifist overall, only pushing when pushed first, and that the struggle with Saggy is more than anything, her fierce desire to see her lover returned to her. But, to do that, she has to likely go into conflict with Sagillius.

Considering such, Priskil could be one of the most accepting of all gods, save for times in the face of total and blatant acts of evil. Hope, after all, can come from just witnessing an act of defending those who can’t defend themselves, and that witness thinking, “Wow, maybe the world hasn’t gone totally to hell yet? Maybe tomorrow can be a better day.”

Of course, this is just the ramblings of one reader’s opinion. Again, Eye of the Beholder.

"If I were to stop and take in the gravity of any serious situation I'm in, I'd likely fall to my knees from being overwhelmed by it. Things become much easier to deal with if you simply make jokes."
Jaeden Kincade
Disco Jae

Words: 824662
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2010, 2:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Jilitse on January 3rd, 2012, 2:56 am

Lies and Magic Wands

Thanks for the input guys, it was really helpful. I was crossing real life with RP, dangerous border right there. While the faith meanderings exit, I regret to inform you dear readers that I have found a reason to finally post this picture in a heartfelt way:

Backstabbing. It hurts.

You, yes YOU reading this, living your misanthropic life, please stop spreading lies. I guess they were right about you, you make up things and spread them as fact. You are too sly to let people catch your exact words. What you do is called, in the tabloids, a "blind item"; to journalists it is "yellow journalism".

In my book, it is called being "passive-aggressive".

See when you don't know a person, you project a whole image of the person, hoping to fill in the gaps and spaces with information that you picked up here and there. I knew this person as a kid, in my mind we grew up almost together. She was picked on, bullied at, broke her heart and never recovered, but then she grew up beautifully on the inside. She came out of puberty a strong person. Psychoanalysis would reveal that the hurt sheep is still within her, nursing anger. I did not believe this at first. She had endured the taunts and spilled juices on her skirt and pranks and whispers behind her back. I thought she would get through all of it. But she was my little Darth Vader, sowing the seeds of hate and waiting for vindication.

She grew into an insecurity monster pretending to be made of steel. Her character was a broken leg. She was strong, yes, but strong was a word people used to give to women who had balls, not to women with sticks up their asses and blamed everyone for their misfortune. She disdained people pointed at this person and that person everyday like they made her life horrible. I should have seen the signs, this person and that person were her recreation of the bullies in her life. I could assume and suppose all I want, attribute her misanthropism to the bitterness she endured during her childhood. I almost did not believe when I heard of it, what was worse? To be married but not have a child or to have a child but not have a partner? The stories varied, I didn't want to believe all the lies. Lies! But I had to see it for myself, didn't I?

Truth was, I didn't see it; I didn't see it coming. I just felt the thud and the electricity running up my nerve. In a recent MMFF movie, a quotable quote that fits the theme just right:

"It is better to die in the hands of your enemy, than to be killed by someone you consider a friend."

But then I know you enough. Your tell tales and tall tales don't work their magic in me anymore. You can't blame your bullies and you can't blame me for becoming who you are. You make me feel like I'm being dragged into this, you want to elicit my anger, you want me to be angry with you. Like in highschool when I felt for you and you thought that I was a really nice friend. But I can't be angry in your stead... You chose to be misanthropic, I let go of our suicide ten years ago.

You know what? The bullies will come to get you again, but this time, they are all in your head. Making it easier for them to hurt you. Now will you please take out the knife in my back and leave? Go back in your corner and seethe with anger. I'm happy now, learn to be happy for me, too.

My happiness is not your misery, it never was, and never should be.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Priscila on August 6th, 2012, 2:38 pm

I don't think you're ready for this jelly 'cause my body's too bootylicious for ya beybeh.

Hello Angels. ;)
Priscila
Player

Words: 3179
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 4:52 am

Postby Jilitse on November 19th, 2012, 7:45 am

I was here and I was reading stuff, not writing stuff.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Jilitse on November 22nd, 2012, 12:50 am

Stasis:

1. Last time I left Jilitse I had rented space in Alvadas, and I had a few threads lying around. Maybe I could kick them up and around to see what's worth salvaging?
2. I had a quest with Tarot. I love Jil so the main parts of her quest are not forgotten. Drainira and Marie Suzanne, the squibble with Aelobius and Qiao, and Priskil. I remember the part where I froze her in time. How convenient it is to be undead. Jil could still be looking like 16 and yet I'd be like 500 years old rofl.
3. It's been more than a year since my inactivity. My ledger is properly taken care of, if I remember it right, but I should update it if I am to come back.
4. With the ravarisk quest on the way to completion I might find direction for my beloved PC.

I don't like unfinished stories.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Re: [Jilitse's Scrapbook] Ichor for sale

Postby Vanator on November 22nd, 2012, 1:50 am

Welcome back. :-)
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jilitse on November 22nd, 2012, 1:57 am

Right back at you.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Vick on November 22nd, 2012, 2:18 am

Do hope we can finish a thread we started and its good to see you are coming back.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Wrenmae on November 22nd, 2012, 2:26 am

Fantastic! I always wanted an opportunity to thread with you. Maybe I'll find a chance to down the line.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on November 22nd, 2012, 3:41 am

Jil! I so want to thread with you :D
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext