[Elysium & Eosi's Scrap] Pithy Insights

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Sybel & Elysium's Scrapbook] Lust for Adventure

Postby Elysium on December 10th, 2013, 5:55 am

Sybel's Wedding Stuff

Guest List
  1. Sybel
  2. Vanator
  3. Kavala
  4. Riaris
  5. Caelum
  6. Faryon Whiteflower

Cost
Banquet, 10 gm per person
x 20 people (base)

Entertainment (Good), 1 gm per hour
x 5 hours

Dress, 8 sm
x 1.25, cotton
x 1.5, dyed
x 4, lace trim

Chemise, 1 sm
x 25, silk
x 4, lace trim

Shoes, 3 sm

Total
368 GM
Last edited by Elysium on December 10th, 2013, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Elysium on December 10th, 2013, 1:47 pm

That Awkward Moment When...
It's a total white-out at eight in the morning.

C'mon. Really? It was supposed to be a "light dusting" of snow on Sunday and we got eight inches. Now, it's projected at four to six inches, so god only knows how much snow we'll really get. I know perhaps some of you may laugh in the face of snow, but here on the east coast we're a bunch of weenies. Worst of all, the education manager is supposedly on a warpath about employees missing work due to inclement weather and the state emergency operations center is at a level two warning. Which means:

Level 2 - Partial Activation of State Emergency Response Team
This is a limited agency activation. All primary, or lead, Emergency Support Functions are notified. The State Emergency Operations Center will be staffed by Division of Emergency Management personnel and necessary Emergency Support Functions

Now mind you, I don't have the type of job that you can just miss work. I'm an onstage host for the camp I work at, but I just happen to be blessed with the most awesome media arts manager I could ever hope to have. I don't think he'll expect me to come risk my life, just for the sake of entertaining a group of sixty children.

Seriously. We were supposed to have four schools come on Monday, but only two made it. They were supposed to be arriving today. So guess what's not happening? That.

What really strikes me as funny is the fact my roommate is prancing around the house all "la-dee-dah," knowing her car has rear-wheel drive and calling me a pussy because she plans on driving to work all casual in the midst of this heavy snowfall. Which leads me to believe I'll get a frantic call somewhere around eleven, eleven thirty from her, begging me to brave the frozen wasteland in order to help drag her car out of a ditch.

Seriously. This is considering the time her motorcycle ran out of gas because she laid her bike down at the gas station and was too embarrassed evidently, to then fill 'er up. She woke me up crying at eight in the morning.

Anyway, the heaviest of the snow will be from now until noon, so hopefully after that the road crews will mop things up. If I can manage getting to work, I will - gods willing.
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sybel on December 20th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Titans are fucking scary
And for that matter, life is too.

Disclaimer: If you want to watch the series Attack on Titan without spoilers, just don't even bother reading this scrap. Unless you've watched episodes one through five, in which case, you're good.

So, for all you incredi-nerds out there, I am a fan of Team Four Star, as are many people right about now. But I've always been a fan of abridged series in general; I remember the days of LittleKuriboh and Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged, complete with Tristan's stupid bullwinkle voice (that gives him super strength) all the star wars references, and of course, the amazingly funny catch-phrases. (In America!) Likewise, I love DBZ Abridged, Hellsing Abridged (which is supremely hysterical) and I love Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged, where Lanipator went off the beaten path to do something amazing and never finished it.

But they've started Attack on Titan abridged now. Which to all that don't know it, is FUCKING TERRIFYING.

I get to laugh at my boyfriend on this one, I really really do.

So, to me, I know now there are few things scarier than being devoured by giant man-eating super creeps with too many teeth. Case and point?

Spoiler Alert :

"Hello everyone! I'm the Smiling Titan and I bit Eren's mom right in half! RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!"

:puke:

Now what makes this far worse than it may seem is the sheer brutal disregard the series has for it's characters. Unlike most anime, where the main heroes have a good long run of tiptoeing through the tulips against insurmountable odds, you get four episodes of quality time with Eren Yager and all his classmates. That is, until they are forced to go fight these giants and spend their last few living moments weeping and begging for their lives before being graphically torn apart, eaten and stepped on. Likewise, you as the viewer have your stomach turn over and over again at the massacre of these optimistic, fresh-faced little fifteen year old kids.

Now what does that remind you of? Horrible, horrible things, that's what.

But no. The abridged series version is funny, he says. The actual series can't be that bad, he says.

So I let him go off on his own and actually watch it, while I comfortably inform myself via Wikipedia and nod quietly, saying "nope, not gonna happen." Thus, it was my pleasure to laugh, then shudder as he texted me this morning to tell me that the actual series is in fact, creepy as hell and he is deeply unsettled by it. Well, gee. You think? But no, it isn't as if the parts that were included in the abridged episode weren't terrifying on their own. But still, I would recommend watching the TFS version, because it is pretty amusing once you get past all the disfigurement, cannibalism and general carnage.

Now that I've managed to remind myself of all the trauma I hoped to forget, I will move on to other, equally scary and stressful things.

So I've been pretty blessed in my life to have good health. In fact, I've been pretty blessed in general. Every time someone in my life let me down or abandoned me, there was another to pick me up. Every time I was near to losing everything I had, some fantastic opportunity presented itself. One might say I have a horseshoe shoved up my ass, from all the incredible luck I've experienced. I haven't had it easy - far from it, in fact - but I have been blessed in many ways, so everyday I try to be grateful for that if nothing else.

But sometimes, I fail at gratitude. I fail pretty hard.

Yesterday was one of those times. Everything sort of collapsed on me at once and it was just too much. On top of that, I was responsible for making someone outside of it all feel that much worse. I let that person down. I was being so selfish that I couldn't see how my actions were affecting the people around me. And if it weren't for those amazing people, both here and in general, I wouldn't be as sane, accomplished, safe or content as I am now. My luck doesn't come from some mysterious source, though I believe the universe does have something to do with it. It comes from the goodwill, compassion and enduring belief from the people who love me. Regardless of whatever my immediate family may have done, those outside of the situation who had no obligation to me at all, took upon themselves to fix it and make it right in the only way they knew how.

Which is why I feel terrible. Who bites the hand that feeds them? Someone truly ungrateful, that is who. I woke up today, feeling that perhaps things aren't so bad, after all. I'm just scared. I've never had surgery before. I've never gotten into an accident before. I've never been in jeopardy of losing my home before because of a health condition that might prevent me from going to work, with nowhere to go otherwise. I've never had to juggle a holiday, a home and work life, constant pain, a relationship, a cat that may or may not be sick as well and the threat of losing my place to stay and my health insurance. I know it'll all be fine. I know it will, because it always is.

The accident was nothing. I only have gallstones, and for as painful and irritating as they are, the surgery is an easy fix. There is no need to panic about my cat nor my job, as my co-workers love me so much they'd be willing to donate paid time off if necessary and I cannot blame myself for the actions of my father who will almost certainly lose his job for what he has done, thus taking away my health insurance, the only thing he had left to offer me.

But I'm just a scared little kid, as always, because I do it all alone. Because my boyfriend is "too busy" and my roommates melt down when the power bill is too high. And sometimes, all I have is Mizahar to distract me. But that is no excuse to be inconsiderate to anyone else. I am certainly not the only person on this planet who is struggling. In fact, I can count the people who are having a terrible holiday season on two hands, right now. So I am taking this kind of hard, you might imagine. I'm a horrible self-critic because I don't want to become my Father, justifying everything I do on the basis of entitlement. Life isn't a balance beam, where for every kindness paid, you expect something in return. There is no consideration quota you fill and have done with. Life should be about giving, endlessly, expecting nothing in return, because it makes you happy. And I try. But this time, I admit, I failed. I blew up on my roommate, brushed off the feelings of someone else and then sat in silence for the better part of the night, writing and fretting over this cat of mine.

But there are other things, silver linings that make living worthwhile, all the time. Music, writing, the consideration of others in spite of your pointed lack of consideration for them. Hobbies that you enjoy. People that you haven't seen in a while. I will try to do better. I will try to be brave instead of weak and scared, like I've been acting. Because I'm not alone. I have me. I have the people who care for me. And that should be all I need.
Last edited by Sybel on December 20th, 2013, 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"I am wild, full-blooded and a trifle reckless." - Ser Arthur Conan Doyle
Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Words: 310247
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on December 20th, 2013, 5:56 pm

:(

Titans.

But I didn't read the scrap cause I haven't gotten past episode 13.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sybel on December 20th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Oh, feel free to read it then. I only spoiled episodes 1-5.

Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Wrenmae on December 20th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Hey!

Abridged series!

I watch those!

And I'm terrible at responses right now...but I can say I agree with what you've said, chuckled at your boyfriend's reactions, and totally get you on life with silver linings.

I have more to say, but I might have to just shout them at you in a long, unending sentence sometime on the phone.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Traverse on December 21st, 2013, 1:21 pm

I for some reason really get into super depressing Anime series', not often, but when I do I watch them in like one sitting. I shouldn't be surprised it has an abridged series either, and now I want to watch it, since it won't be until this summer that Titan has new episodes :( (So sad, but so good).

Also I really hope your Holidays make a turnaround and your kitty cat is alright, I am a firm believer in the world passing us crap and awesomeness in equal, and sometimes disproportionate times and amounts, so I hope yours balances out soon!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Sybel on December 4th, 2015, 10:57 pm

Hey, guess who has two thumbs and is back?

THIS GUY.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sybel
I drive a hard bargain.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on December 4th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Welcome back
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Eosi on December 9th, 2015, 7:37 pm

WHERE THE F*CK HAS KATE BEEN?
a novel by me

It's been two years. In that span I've quit my job, moved across country, colored my hair five or six times, fell in love, visited Belgium, became a door-to-door salesman, fell out of love and here we are today. Now I'm living in Portland, OR and I'm here to tell you flatly that the PNW is the most heavenly place on earth. Once you come here, you're likely to never come back.

I'm also here to apologize. I was selfish. I'd gotten burned out with my life in general, but rather than putting my notice in I just left. I left other people scrambling to pick up the pieces. It wasn't even the fault of the site, because lord knows this place helped me survive throughout four years of several incredibly thankless relationships, romantic and otherwise. Looking back, I realized this had been my outlet in those painful times. Without it, everything has been far more difficult to bear.

I have also learned a lot about myself and about people in general. I'm not perfect; I often make mistakes. I'm impulsive. I don't think about the implications of my actions. At the best of times I work to enrich the lives of those around me and at the worst, I'm a selfish crazy trainwreck of a human being. But I'm me, authentically, and if there is anything I've taken from this experience it is to speak your own truth, even if it feels impossible. Even if it will hurt those you love. Be honest about your motivations. Express your needs, because only the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Learn what it is you are willing to accept from others and boundaries that are constantly moving are not boundaries at all.

And if you fuck up in a way that is irreversible (and it can happen, even by accident) and lose some people, learn to forgive yourself. But for the love of god, please don't let it happen again. The lesson will repeat as many times as necessary before you're able to move past it. And yes, even if you cut and run three thousand miles away.

I'm back now, bringing with me all that I learned. It is my definite goal to come back and just give to this site. Give to the people, to the players and to the place that helped me grow in such a huge way. Because the greatest truth I have learned is that giving is its own reward. You can get everything you want in life if you help others get what they want.

So that's all. Being insane as I think I most definitely am, I've brought back all of my characters; Sybel, Eosi, Celeste and Amael. PM me if you're new and feeling all weird and need a writing partner, because that's exactly what I'm here for. Otherwise, it's good to be back. Let's all write 50k this season and make Jen's head explode. :)

In a good way. I bet its filled with candy.

P.S. Thank you Ball. I really appreciate it.
Eosi
Act first. Teach them to fear you.

Words: 244471
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 7:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext