Awkward, Silly, and Serious Moments with Gale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Abstract on February 3rd, 2014, 3:53 pm

I...I... what? That hunger games one... just... I laughed so much over that.

Very funny :P

Also... yes, Prim and Katniss' descriptions are the same!

...Er...
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 22nd, 2014, 4:20 am

Asa Butterfield

A BIG ASS PICTURE FOR A BIG ASS COMPLAINT. Alright, I know I do a lot of complaining in this scrapbook but let me please complain one more time. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about Mizahar right now so please just let me say this just once!

Dear future male children PCs,

Please, please, please, PLEASE, do not choose Asa Butterfield as your character model. I'm sure all of Mizahar will appreciate not having another Asa Butterfield running around.

Thank you.

~McPainty

Alright, so, I'm sorry to say, but I am sick of this kid. Yes, he's a decent looking boy and he was in that one movie where he wears a blue hood and such. But seriously people? Seriously? Is there no effort at all to find another kid model or actor or something? I've seen sooo many male child PCs have Asa Butterfield as their model, and by the way, you aren't suppose to share the same friggin model unless your twins or something. And I'm sure none of are twins in any way. And guess what!! Their avatar is always that picture!! That stupid picture! Like, seriously people! No effort at all? Just none?

Not only could all these people not even ask whether this model is taken or not, since most of the time celebrities and actors are taken, they use the exact same friggin picture! Com'on! Use Hugo or something! Anything but these stupid hooded pictures! Please!

And guess what! That's not even the best part! Every single time I see this kid used (which by the isn't a kid anymore) I manage to bring myself to read their CS and it's always the same friggin stuff. They are always this orphan/lonely boy who pickpockets for a living and is full of mischief or is an outcast of some sort and all this crap. It's like poor Butterfield has this 'evil' look about him or something that compels every male kid PC to use him as their model and be some evil devil or something. I swear, there are plenty of other kid model and actors you could us. Use Daniel Radcliffe! Rupert Grint! Freddie Highmore! Haley Osment! Macaulay Culkin! Jonathan Lipnicki! Fred Savage! Even the kid from the original Willy Wonka, Peter Ostrum or Anikan Skywalker,Jake Lloyd is a better choice! Are you getting my point?! They all have just as many pictures to use and are just as good as Asa Butterfield. Even with just a simple search of Child Actor in google got me all of those names and it took nothing more than 2 minutes. Is it just everyone wants to play a brat kid with a hood and Asa is the only one with a hood they can find?

Augh, it seriously pisses me off. For those of you who have already chosen Asa Butterfield for your model go ahead, go on and keep him, but for future kid PCs, please, please, please just... choose... someone... else... If I have to see yet another Asa Butterfield in Mizahar, I think part of me is going to walk away and die in a lonely hole somewhere. Unless you want a part of me to die in a lonely hole somewhere, choose someone else

Alright then, I feel better now. Thank you. *walks away*
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 19th, 2014, 4:59 am

Band Names

Okay, so I promised I wouldn't complain for a while so I'll try not to, so I'm bringing an entirely new subject! Bands and band names!

Whether you knew or not, I've been trying to form and play in a band for a while now and such, and I've finally got a few friends who have the same goals. (I know a lot of "garage bands" don't make it but I still think it would be fun even if we didn't get anywhere) And because of this, we're trying to start one up be we thought a good place to start to just kinda make it official and give us something firm as we start it is the band name. And we don't want it crappy either, obviously, so we've generated a list of names. Some are pretty cool to all of us and some are alright, but we thought it would be gnarly if we got feedback on the names and which ones people like and what people think makes a good band name. We're still figuring the rest of the band out, but we are leaning to Rock. Kinda like Skillet or Evanescence So, here's the names we have so far.

Healer's Heart
Life's Tune
Ghosts Don't Sleep
Safe Haven
Fabled Ruins
Tragic Universe
Madness City
Gold Pilot 7
Strike the Cover
Big Famous Box
Closet Dreams
The Chosen One's Band
Lucky Sidekick
Stereo Snake
Army Holiday
Blue Taxi
Audio Bermuda
Stereo Dog
Show Cancelled
Somebody's Business
Sweet City
Seven Stone
9000 Times Better
Hero's Story
Flaming Sunrise (or Flammable Sunrise)
Psychotic
Psycho Madness
Night in Lights
Fabled Story

So, if we could get some ideas from you guys, like which ones you guys like or if you have a name you really like and are willing to bounce it to us that would be awesome. Also, if you could give us some of your favorite existing band names and tell us why you like it or explain to us what you think makes a good band name, that would be gnarly and we would forever. Thank you you guys!

Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on March 19th, 2014, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on March 19th, 2014, 5:45 am

First of all, I just want to say how cool this sounds! I have always wanted to be in a band, even though I don't know how to play an instrument, let alone enjoy being on stage. I had planned everything out during my fifth grade year with a few friends. Let's just say that it didn't go very well, but it's amazing that you're so passionate with a few aspirations!

Now, I'm all for alliterations. I love them to death and think them very clever and not at all tacky. Some might disagree, but that's just me. Here are the ones that I currently have an interest in and I'll explain why.

Fabled Ruins - I like this name because not only does it sound cool, but it holds some ominous mystery. Given that you are interested in creating this band with the interest in the genre of rock, I think this would be a good pick. I think the 'ruins' part of the name shows some darker thought to the band, yet it reminds me of a story that has yet to be uncovered. In time I think this name would end up explaining the band, just because of the name.
Closet Dreams - This name really speaks to me in the sense that it sounds humble. When you become big shots (I totally seeing this happening) this would make you sound like you know what you're doing with a modest undertone. I think it portrays a few people coming from nothing and becoming something much more than that. I feel that it shows that everyone can have dreams and strive to meet them and reach their goals. This one is probably one of my top favourites in the list.
Audio Bermuda - I don't have much thought on this one other than the fact that it just sounds totally rad.
Fabled Story - This one reminds me much of the first one I had listed. It reminds me of mysteries, the story of how something can form, only more so with a better outlook. Whereas the first one sounded darker and more ominous, this one sounds more uplifting, yet intriguing at the same time. I personally like this one more than the other because it sounds more fantastical and ethereal, but for a rock genre band? I'm not sure.

I don’t listen to much rock or hard metal music. In fact, I’m a little off course from that genre, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t listen to it every now and then. I happen to have a few bands that I could name for reference to help you in picking your band name.

Icon for Hire – This one is very bland and sometimes confusing yet clever all at the same time. I think they were as lost as you were in picking a name, so they just stuck this there. They need an icon, they need a name or a symbol to represent themselves and that’s very creative and out of the box. I would remember them with a name like that.
Fit for Rivals – This band name sounds very competitive and not humble in the slightest, yet I think it makes you think and rings a bell inside your mind when it’s mentioned. I like how the words fit together and the songs that this band sings fits with the name.
Blue Stahli – I’m firstly going to say that this guy is one of my most favourite music artists. I wouldn’t necessarily say that he has a band, considering that he is alone and uses computer generated music for most of his songs, but the name is just so appealing to me. First of all, he uses a colour which is always interesting for all ages, secondly the name Stahli is so unique without necessarily being neither a word nor a name. It’s creative and inventive and can really stick with someone.

Random names I thought would be cool as band names :
• Rotten Benediction
• Belligerent Madness
• Speciality in Suspense
• Rapture 89
• The Vault
• We're Posthumous

I really hoped I helped you somewhat with this. Tell me what you end up picking and I really hope this all works out for you! I would absolutely love to hear some of the songs you guys come up with and actually, anything you end up doing. I wish you the best of luck and again want to mention how totally wicked this sounds! :P

Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Estrellir Konrath on March 19th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Oh, a band is an awesome and fun project, I hope it goes somewhere for you guys.

Regarding names, I've a few favorites. Two or three people I know play in (relatively unknown) bands and I love their names. One is called Ghost & Benefits, they play rock with a sweet female voice. Another is called Nothing But The Night, pretty hard rock with screaming and all that. The third I can't remember entirely, although it had parasol in it (maybe Parasol Caravan). Parasol is a great word to have in a band name. Of course, the names I just told you already exist, so no stealing please! But it also depends on what kind of music you want to play.

Out of the ones you listed, I especially like:

Ghosts Don't Sleep - very true.
Strike the Cover - sounds like it has a deeper meaning, but what exactly? I'm not sure. Probably a good thing!
Show Cancelled - deliciously ironic, especially if/when you get to live acts.
Night in Lights - just beautiful imagery.

Hope that helped & keep us updated! :)
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 19th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Thanks you guys! I didn't expect so much in depth thought about it! I I really appreciate it you two. ^_^

So, Lenz, I just wanted to say that I think the same thing with Audio Bermuda. I have no idea what it's suppose to mean but it sounds cool, so. XD (If it doesn't get enough votes though I think we might rule that one out simply because there isn't exactly a meaning, so) Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought it was trippy. :P

And Estrellir, don't worry about me taking other bands names. :D I have a list of names not taken already so that's shouldn't be a problem. (Though if anyone sees one of these names in a real band already then please tell me!)

I'll definitely be keeping my scrapbook updated with what's going on so hopefully there'll be more about the band later and we don't just fall apart before we even begin. *searches for more opinions*
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on March 19th, 2014, 3:49 pm

*Floats in*

Ghosts don't sleep? Oh no! I have to delete all threads in the Dreamscapes now... :((

Oh, Gothic Delusion would be a cool Goth Metal band name.

*floats out*

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 19th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Haha! *pat pat* Sorry Mushishi. :P

Anyway, Gothic Delusion is a pretty cool name, though I don't think we're going to go for Gothic per se. But I'll definitely keep it in mind, thanks. ^_^
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on March 19th, 2014, 7:15 pm

Depending on the style of music... But I like Safe Haven and Tragic Universe thus far.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on March 19th, 2014, 8:49 pm

I love that you're holding a kind of poll here. :lol:

A for my input, well I can only judge by whatever would catch my interest if I saw the same on the screen of my car radio! So, with that, I really like:

Ghosts Don't Sleep
Gold Pilot 7
Strike the Cover
Big Famous Box
Army Holiday
Audio Bermuda
Stereo Dog

But all I can really say is choose something that you guys an all relate to, and bonus points if it gets across the feel of the kind of music you guys are going for. Some kids I know have put together bands, and as far as I can tell all the names have something to do with the people in the group as well. One is called We're All Time Travelers, and they're basically a group of guys obsessed with Dr. Who. Another calls themselves Cherry Creek Drive because that happens to be the road all the rich people in our town live.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)