[Edreina's Scrapbook] When All is Silent, I Still Hear Waves

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Reven Heath on April 1st, 2014, 6:05 am

I hope you don't mind if I post! I am such a fan of The Walking Dead and I'm really excited how the season finale went. At the time, I was sitting down with my boyfriend and he kept saying that they were going to kill Rick off. What? No! Personally, I liked how they ended this season. It was a definite BA moment for Rick at the end! And then Hershel! Oh, I was so, so, so happy to see him again!

The Talking Dead was too serious in my opinion. Where were the laughs?

So I saw you've watched some of the Game of Thrones episodes. The new season is coming out on Sunday! Be ready! Lol :)

Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Words: 213556
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on April 2nd, 2014, 1:57 am

It's definitely been an exciting week as far as TV shows have been going! I liked the cliff hanger The Walking Dead left us with, especially considering just how helpless the crew seems right there at the very end. I guess the moral of the story there is don't screw with Rick, right?

Ugh, and Game of Thrones is already back and the new season starts on Friday?! Seeing the trailer and anticipating the Night's Watch clashing with Wildings is giving me SUCH anxiety right now. I loved, loved, loved the whole Ygritte-Jon relationship. They were so beautiful until he had to screw it up! Knowing the nature of the show and the series' mastermind (or villain depending on which of your favorite characters he's killed off), I'm mentally preparing myself for the worst and hoping for the best. Of course that doesn't mean I'm not dumb enough to sit here with my fingers crossed that they can somehow reconcile. I'm dying here. Don't judge me!

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Edreina on April 12th, 2014, 7:15 pm

Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Edreina on April 19th, 2014, 9:35 pm

Wow!!! Very busy week. Very busy, indeed. But! It was a GREAT week.

First, my choir went to the regional competition. All three choirs (Varsity Women, Varsity Men, and Varsity Mixed) won in our divisions!

The four on the front row are some of the most talented people I've had the pleasure to work with. This semester was my first ever in a true choir (not a church youth chorus) and it was honestly one of the greatest experiences of my life. I found something (other than writing) for which I have a passion, and it was great to truly challenge myself in order to be able to match up with people who had been doing it for four years. On top of learning to sing with a choir, I had to learn how to read music for the second half of contest which requires us to sing a piece of music while reading it for the first time. Pretty good adrenaline rush, that! :P

If you're interested in hearing us, I have a couple of links for you!

The first is Varsity Women singing Exultate Justi and the second is us singing The Snow with an two violinists and a pianist. :) I have no videos for Varsity Men because my family was unable to attend the concert/competition and I was not allowed to bring my phone into the hall by our director. :( The only video I have for Mixed Choir is when, during practice, our director challenged us to lay on our backs and find an emotional connection with the piece Adoramus Te.

On top of all of that, I had a serious cough that will still not go away despite my efforts...
Secret :
I'm surprised I was able to make it through the contest without coughing. XD

And finally, a friend of the family offered to do my senior pictures for me. :D
Secret :
I actually started to tear up a bit near the end because it cemented the finality of this year and how I'm about to enter the big, scary world all on my own. I'm nervous and excited and just... Ugh! I don't know how to handle it.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your high school career?

How did it feel to leave home for college? Any advice or tips for one about to embark on her own journey?

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Radiant on April 20th, 2014, 4:55 am

Many, many congratulations! On winning the competition, graduating, and finally moving out on your own for College! :D :thumbsup :thumbsup: Keep on being awesome, Edreina's beloved player!
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on April 20th, 2014, 5:06 am

Indeed! Much joy and congratulations! As for the greatest accomplishment of my highschool... definitely the time I submitted a short story to a little statewide contest thing and had it win. I felt... accomplished I suppose is the word since I tend to think badly of my own writing. Compared to that my graduation was just a kind of 'meh' moment. ;)

As for advice, not really sure I can give too much. My experience has been interesting, since you meet sooo many more people than you would in high school. My advice I suppose would be try not to be overwhelmed by it all, because its a LOT to take in.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Edreina on May 1st, 2014, 1:51 am

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hey guys...

I just wanted to apologize to many of you. I've been bearing incorrect information for MONTHS now. A long time ago, I was taught that solos could only be given 5XP total in order to prevent power playing. Apparently, this is false. I'm so sorry to anyone I've passed this information on to and to the handful of solos I've graded both as an ST and as myself. If any of you want me to review your thread, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to do so.

Again. I'm so very sorry... :(

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Edreina on July 7th, 2014, 9:10 am

Riiiiiight... So I know that 4 am is not the best time to update this but... I'm afraid a little update is long overdue so bear with me! Lots of rambling ahead but most of it should follow a basic timeline... I hope...

Since my last update, I've graduated from High School with honors...
Picy pic :

As a side note to any kids about to graduate and any parents of children in general, it is typically customary for the parents to stay after the graduation and get pictures with their kid all done up in their cap and gown with the little diploma and all. My parents were not aware of this so I spent half an hour wandering around the location's lawn looking for my family and looking like a complete dunderhead. Finally, someone called me to ask where I was because they were all at the restaurant waiting. >,> And then I've had to deal with my mother crying repeatedly because she feels bad, seeing everyone's pictures with their families and all on Facebook. Oy vey. Save yourself the trouble.

On the bright side! My best friends surprised me after graduation...
Secret :

We were all wearing Navy blue, too. O,O It was weird.

Anywho! Afterwords, we went and I got my nose pierced! It didn't hurt at all, surprisingly! My friend Missy was freaked out because I didn't wince and my eyes didn't water... I am assuming it was because the piercer I had was absolutely phenomenal. If you're going to get a piercing, make sure you go somewhere reputable.
Nose piercing! :

All of these pictures are really large and it's freaking me out... o.o

Let's see... What else...

Oh! Job-hunting sucks. I've applied for various jobs at four places and it took a month for three of them to return my call. Now, they're annoyed that I would only be able to work until I have to leave for college and won't even schedule an interview. Sorry it took you so long to get back to me, corporate America. I'm not one of the many kids planning on being stuck in this darn town for the rest of my life.

On a far less bitchy note, I've officially registered for classes at my university. And it is, by far, much prettier than yours:
Neener neener boo boo :

Because of how hard I worked in high school, I will get to enter college with 17 hours and be a sophomore by Christmas! They actually had to throw me into about 5 hours of electives just so I would be a full time student. Ballroom dancing and Archaeology here I come! :D

Hard work really does pay off. If you're sitting there, reading this wondering whether or not all the effort you're putting into your AP classes is worth it well... Just keep at it... It'll all pay off. I mean, I DID fail three of my tests, but that was only because of the teacher that taught them. I'm accepting no responsibility for that, darnit!

Ahem...

Only bummer is that I have to go my Freshman year without Biology OR English. Instead I'm in Chemistry and *gags* Math... Have I mentioned lately how much I hate both of those subjects? No? Well I do... Maybe that'll change in college.

My Political Science teacher is a hardcore liberal so... that should be fun... *cue the snickering of my friends*

Anyway. I write this after watching an entire season of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I forgot how amazing this cartoon was! I mean seriously! The writing is phenomenal no matter your age and the acting is pretty funny too... Or maybe I'm just sleep deprived.

...Night! :D
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Annalisa Marin on July 9th, 2014, 3:44 am

Right, so I'm technically still on my vacation buuut I couldn't resist commenting upon your recent post.

I could never do piercings or tattoos honestly. Not because my family is not fond of that sort of thing, more because I'm such a wimp that I'd be bawling on the floor. So you are faaar more resilient than I haha.

Oh God, job-hunting. I feel you here sooo much. You are lucky you even got a call back, but let me give you a piece of advice that has served me better in my search. Once you fill out the application, wait a couple of days, then go down to the place you applied. Ask if they got it, if there are any positions open currently, little things like that. My father explained it as showing initiative and active interest. At the end of the day, they don't really care if you get the job so they have no real obligation to meet you halfway, it sucks but I've found its the truth. So often the people that ask about it are going to seem like the proactive people, the ones that really want it and are willing to take time out of day for they possibility of employment. I hope that made sense lol.

On College, eh, I tried my hand at it for a bit. Academia was never my thing. I enjoy learning, its just the academic setting I constantly find myself getting fed up with. My father claims its a phase, I dunno, I could just be an entitled brat that doesn't appreciate what a lot of people don't have lol.

I could write a solid page about my shameless love affair with Avatar The Last Airbender. It was such a good show, like all the planets aligned just right to grace this world with its greatness. Embellishing it just a tad, but still! My favorite character was (surprise surprise) Princess Azula. Menacing, powerful, and brilliant, truly a villainess after my own heart.

Anyway, I rambled a tad too long. Back to vacationland for me! :p
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Tydus Tempest on July 9th, 2014, 5:09 am

I can tell you that from my own limited experience, Elly is right about this. Job hunting sucks mostly because of the fact that you have so many competitors looking for the same jobs that your potential employer can and will forget about you if you live in a city with more than a few people in it. Advice that I was given and ended up working is to get in people's faces about it. They won't forget about you if like five minutes after you do their app, you call them. And they definitely won't if you get even deeper into their grill by going to the place in-person and telling them, in other words, of course, "HEY! I need a job! Hire me! I'm awesome!" because if you go up to an employer and pester them, they will notice, and they will remember you instead of the multitude of other people who half-ass it and sit waiting for a call. Like Anna said, they're not obligated to hire you, but you are obligated to get on their radar.

Anywho, congratulations! Honours, piercings, friends surprising you and college are all really cool stuff! Enjoy it ^.^ PS: Avatar <3 It was all about Iroh, though. And the Dai-lee.
Tydus Tempest
The Tempest Scion

Words: 365477
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 7:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)