[Game] Truth or Dare ... Mizahar Style!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Ssezzkero on September 2nd, 2014, 11:03 pm

Dare. But this time I'm actually asking you to do something completely opposite of my character concept. Making it daring, go ahead! :D

Anna: What would you doo-ooo-ooo for money?
Last edited by Ssezzkero on September 4th, 2014, 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on September 3rd, 2014, 8:36 pm

Truth.

Truth: Very little actually. Anna cares not a whit for material things like money at this point in her life. She might kill someone for a certain amount of money, use her magic for money, but nothing major in her book.

To the person below, truth or dare?
Last edited by Annalisa Marin on September 10th, 2014, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Calters on September 3rd, 2014, 10:45 pm

I hunger for another dare, if you would. And I give you permission to have it outlandish. It does not necessarily have to be fitting to my character's personality.
To my successor, truth or dare?
Calters
When music hits you, you don't feel the pain

Words: 88993
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2014, 4:07 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Yuri Lehrer on September 9th, 2014, 11:38 pm

I've not posted here in a while, so I'll take... two truths if you would.

Now to the next, truth or dare?

Truth: Has your PC ever considered his honour to be fully restored?

Dare: Learn a new skill and get it to competent by the end of the season :)
Last edited by Yuri Lehrer on September 10th, 2014, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All thanks to Assilsa Curare for the signature.

Replied Owed 1/1 | Threads 1/5 (3) | Threads Planned: 1 | Threads Awaiting Grading: 0

Threads that need replies: 1/1 (1)
Death to Death
Yuri Lehrer
The Honourable Mercenary

Words: 118678
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 4:19 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Zhol on September 10th, 2014, 1:19 am

A truth and a dare, if you'd be so kind! Be gentle with me, it's my first time. ;)

To competent, you say? I shall give it my best shot! :D

Truth: Zhol is a very long way from feeling his honour is fully restored - I'm not sure he even thinks it has been even a tiny bit. A big part of the problem is that Zhol is now living in a culture that treats a slightly different set of traits and actions as praiseworthy, and so while perhaps he's earning honour in the eyes of his current peers, he's still holding himself to impossible Drykas standards. He's starting to let go of that a little bit this season, but I think that in the long run it'll be less a matter of his old Drykas honour feeling restored, and more that he feels he's earned a shiny new set of Inarta honour instead, which maybe he likes a little better.

And to you, dear succeedant individual: truth or dare?

Khara! Muahahaha. >:)

Truth: Khara's mother gets referenced and influences her inner narrative a fair bit. If Khara could somehow have one last conversation with her mother, what do you think Khara would ask her about, and what advice do you think Khara's mother would have for her daughter?

Dare: Confess a secret that you do not want to share, to someone other than Zhol. (Yes, I really am going to be that mean.)
Last edited by Zhol on September 13th, 2014, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Khara on September 13th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Alright then... Give me one of both. :D do your worst, you cad! (no really, please don't. I'm terrified. lol)
...aughhh Zhol. *fist shakes* At least the Dare didn't specify having to tell the secret to Azira or something equally evil. :lol:

Truth answer:
I think if Khara knew it was the only thing she would ever get to ask her mother, she would ask if there ever was a time when she made her mother proud. I think she genuinely feels like she's failed to meet her mother's expectations so often that she genuinely has no clue what the woman actually thought of her. Even if the answer wasn't a positive one, I think Khara would still want to know that.

As for advice from her mother? I think she would tell her daughter to stop being so hard on herself. Not because she thinks Khara should be proud of being a Chiet, but more that the overall negative opinion he girl seems to have about herself is probably sabotaging any efforts she makes towards striving for something else. She would encourage her to keep learning, keep trying to better herself, but that she needs to learn from her mistakes rather than dwell on them.

For Lariza- Truth: (updated since things have changed!) Since Lariza was raised in a rather pampered lifestyle, does she have any worries or fears about what the world at large may have in store for her?
Last edited by Khara on October 14th, 2014, 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Words: 660741
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2014, 6:17 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lariza on September 14th, 2014, 12:23 pm

This sounds interesting enough to give it a shot. I'll start with a harmless truth though.

Truth: The wish to find her real parents fluctuated with her age. When Lariza was growing up in the orphanage and became aware the people caring for her were not her family she of course wanted to meet them, though the more time passed without anyone adopting her she was starting to wish for any kind of family. After her adoption she was so happy to have someone she could call "Mom" she didn't even care there were two of them, and for a while forgot about her real parents. During her time in school however, when she met other children with both father and mother she secretely wondered what it would be like to live in a normal family, which resulted in some rather childish attempts to find her real parents (idea for flashback thread, thank you for that :D). Though the wish to find out were she came from was understandable she was a little ashamed of thinking like this since she knew her mothers loved her from the bottom of their hearts.

Eventually she got used to the fact she was adopted. Today she rarely thinks about her biological parents, for in her eyes her foster-mothers are the only parents she ever knew. Sometimes she imagines to meet them, but it's not one of her goals in life to actually find them. It's a bit like whiped cream on a banana split: It would feel more complete if it was there, but even when there's none it's still a very tasty dessert ;)

If she would meet them, on the long run she would be confronted with confusion about her own identity and internal conflicts about who she should consider her real parents, the ones who gave birth to her or the ones who raised her. However, since she is an extremely optimistic and happy girl, her first initial reaction when meeting them would be to hug them until they were close to death, and laugh until she lost her voice.

That was fun, and helped me to find out a few things about my character myself^^ So, for whoever is next: Truth or Dare?

At Arvo Kaya was not only the girl he loved, but also the sister of his friend Turrin. After killing her, did he ever think about how Turrin felt about her death? Was he sorry for him?
Last edited by Lariza on September 20th, 2014, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lariza
Player

Words: 23059
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2014, 2:49 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Arvo on September 19th, 2014, 12:16 pm

Truth:
Whew okay. I’m gonna write about how he felt in the moment in genrel to describe this, because the answer is yes and no.

Arvo’s first thought was undoubtably of his own safety. Immediately he went to knock out Levi (Without killing him). Secondly he thought of Kaya and how he didn’t want to leave her body out in the open to rot until someone found her. He kept Levi alive so that Turrin didn’t have to find her left out in the snow like this.

The thing with Arvo is, he’s never had a sister, or anyone he’s close to through family ties, so he knew he should feel sorry for Turrin, but he did not. He’d observed the feelings of empathy before, but he didn’t feel them himself. Empathy just wasn’t within him, especially for something he’s never experienced: Love for a family member. And Turrin, the two of them became friends in the year that they knew each other, but honestly it takes a special kind of friendship for Arvo to become truly loyal to someone else’s survival and wellbeing. His childhood friend Amoux for example, they’ve know each other since they were 11 and 14 but he still left her in Windreach without looking back, shattering her trust for him.

Arvo is fully aware what he SHOULD be feeling for people and has been since his childhood. It has definitely lead to a lot of self hatred for not feeling them, especially when he grew up with the brutally honest and emotional Inartans.

Matter of fact, probably his first thought of Turrin would have been “This guy’s gonna hunt me down and kill me, I’d better hide where the trade routes don’t go"

To the next, Truth or dare??
Other character(s)
Billie
Arvo
A Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing

Words: 47221
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2014, 6:47 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kayan on October 5th, 2014, 4:04 am

My turn!
I choose dare.
Kayan
Honey Badger don't care

Words: 20171
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2014, 10:18 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aislyn Leavold on October 8th, 2014, 3:46 pm

I'm back for another round of both!
Truth or dare?

Elyra-
Truth: If Elyra was forced to stay in either her cat form or her human form for the rest of her life, which would she choose?
Dare: Have kitty Elyra eat some poor critter while it's still wiggling :)
Last edited by Aislyn Leavold on October 19th, 2014, 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aislyn Leavold
Just an illusion.

Words: 647829
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2016 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

PreviousNext