OOC Info Zeltivan Calendar, Spring 515 AV

Events for this Spring!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Zeltivan Calendar, Spring 515 AV

Postby Perplexity on March 4th, 2015, 12:23 am

:idea:
Calendar for Spring, 515 AV

Spring brings with it a sense of new beginnings for Zeltiva. The ice has thawed. The ships are sailing from the docks. The markets are buzzing with activity. Spirits are renewed, old ones are put to rest and the whole of the city breathes in relief as for the first time in a long time chaos is not overtaking them.

1st-Spring begins signifying the birth of a new year. The Remembrance Festival begins as the citizens travel to Zeltiva’s memorials, cemeteries, and monuments to pay tributes to ancestors.

5th- The House of Blackmire opens the doors of its estate hosting a grand masquerade ball. The Remembrance Festival ends.

7th- Madame Ingrid Blackmire announces that her prized diamond necklace has been stolen. A reward is offered to anyone who finds the one responsible and returns it.

10th- Reconstruction efforts begin throughout the city after the events of Winter. The Artisan’s Guild calls upon those able bodied citizens who are willing to lend a hand in the repairs of the city wide damages. NoteContact Perplexity for volunteer work orders.

11th- The waters of Matthew’s Bay grow still, sea gulls flock to the shores of the beach, the Iyvess who have made Zeltiva their home along with the High Priestess and her entourage stand vigil amid the sands. The Father of Zeltiva pays a visit to his faithful.

17th- The University is all abuzz. Furniture has been nailed to the ceiling in several classrooms. The floor in the East Wing of the Wright Memorial Library was slicked with oil causing several unsuspecting librarians to fall on their rumps. No one is injured but several people are rather flustered.

26th- Professors at the University are dumfounded as all of their professorial robes have been dyed bright pink. Additionally the Wright Memorial Library is struck again, this time with the floor being slicked in the West Wing. Rumors begin to circulate like mad that a poltergeist in on the loose.

31st- Several outhouses around the city suddenly find their contents flung at prospective occupants. Citizens in Zeltiva begin to wonder where The Poltergeist will strike next!

33rd- The mannequins in Yvette’s Dresses for All Occasions and The Saville tailors are found covered in makeup and ridiculous clothing. The merchants are mortified. Some of the public are greatly amused. Rumors circulate that a reward is being offered for the identity of The Poltergeist although from who is unknown but hints are left in the Denvali Quarter.

45th- Gregory Satterthwite, Sailor’s Guild Administrative Committee member and wealthy benefactor of Zeltiva, announces that an item has been stolen from his estate. A reward is offered for its return.

50th- Doves from all around the city gather at Priskil’s Spire. The handlers report that they have become quite temperamental and are refusing to carry messages or even leave the dovecote.

53rd- As the sun rises, Syna seems to smile upon Priskil’s Spire illuminating the walls of the white tower. The Goddess of Hope appears offering her blessings and guidance after so many seasons of hardship.

60th- The Lord of Council’s Office finds itself in a bit of a conundrum. Bloomers, underpants, unmentionables of all sorts are found strewn about the lobby. The Poltergeist strikes again!

62nd- The Gracey Estate issues a letter to the public announcing that several items of note have been stolen from their mansion. An undisclosed reward is being offered. Those interested in investigating are to contact Seneschal Johnson for details.

73rd- East Street sees a rise in drunken activity. A warehouse belonging to one of Zeltiva’s prestigious merchants is found to have been broken into where a store of wine, rum and kelp beer caskets were kept. The caskets are found by the public, much to the dismay of the merchant and to the joy of the citizenry.

78th- Bohrnn and GoldWoerth are baffled as their entire stock of stuffed bear toys goes missing.

80th- The Farson Home for Orphans receives a gift of over two dozen stuffed bears from an anonymous donor. Bohrnn and GoldWoerth stumble upon gold left in their shop. The exact cost of the missing bear toys.

85th- Maria Satterthwite, former Lord of Council and a beloved figure in the city reemerges from several years of silence. She brings with her most unsettling news…

91st- Springs ends bringing with it the warmth of Summer.

Challenges

These are the challenges for the season, completion of all of them will net you a Zeltivan Seasonal Medal. They do not need to be completed in any particular order of course, nor do the threads where the challenge is complete need to be finished. The challenge itself is all that needs to be finished.

-Honor the memory of the Valterrian and one’s ancestors during the Remembrance Festival.
-Pull a prank on someone or be the victim of a prank.
-Spread or overhear a rumor about The Poltergeist or the thievery going about the city.
-Get a drink from one of the caskets left out in the open on East Street.
-Give a friend, family member, or a complete stranger a gift.
-Share a meal with someone.
-Learn how to play an instrument.
-Increase one of your Starting Skills by 10 points.

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Shai on March 4th, 2015, 12:54 am

I would like to claim this event:
"45th- Gregory Satterthwite, Sailor’s Guild Administrative Committee member and wealthy benefactor of Zeltiva, announces that an item has been stolen from his estate. A reward is offered for its return. " Preferably as a solo but if anyone else would like to be involved please let me know.

I am also very interested in:
"62nd- The Gracey Estate issues a letter to the public announcing that several items of note have been stolen from their mansion. An undisclosed reward is being offered. Those interested in investigating are to contact Seneschal Johnson for details." But only on the back end, less so on the investigation portion. I'd prefer not to solo this one so if someone would like to join me please drop me a PM!

I am also up for joining in any other events if people decide they want folks to join them in the process.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 4th, 2015, 1:27 am

I'll get in on the investigating here:

62nd- The Gracey Estate issues a letter to the public announcing that several items of note have been stolen from their mansion. An undisclosed reward is being offered. Those interested in investigating are to contact Seneschal Johnson for details.

So anyone interested then we can collab. Merry collab! PM me.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Anouk on March 4th, 2015, 9:18 am

I'd like to claim this event please:

26th- Professors at the University are dumfounded as all of their professorial robes have been dyed bright pink. Additionally the Wright Memorial Library is struck again, this time with the floor being slicked in the West Wing. Rumors begin to circulate like mad that a poltergeist in on the loose.

Anyone else hoping to jump of this let me know :)
Last edited by Anouk on March 7th, 2015, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anouk
The Seer of Desire

Words: 75552
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2015, 11:10 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Altaira Readva on March 4th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Bird Speak | Common | Vani | Others
Oh! This is good fun indeed! :D

I would love to see about claiming the event(s?) dealing with the cheeky little poltergeist, more so the below. Thanks! :) -All are welcome to join me if they wish!
'33rd- The mannequins in Yvette’s Dresses for All Occasions and The Saville tailors are found covered in makeup and ridiculous clothing. The merchants are mortified. Some of the public are greatly amused. Rumors circulate that a reward is being offered for the identity of The Poltergeist although from who is unknown but hints are left in the Denvali Quarter.'
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Demitri Maebourne on March 8th, 2015, 12:13 am

Uwahh, this is so great! I'd love to claim this one if I could:

73rd- East Street sees a rise in drunken activity. A warehouse belonging to one of Zeltiva’s prestigious merchants is found to have been broken into where a store of wine, rum and kelp beer caskets were kept. The caskets are found by the public, much to the dismay of the merchant and to the joy of the citizenry.

And of course if anyone wants to join, just PM me. I'd also be up for joining others if anyone needs to fill a space!
I used my own picture for my avatar. Is that weird?
I was sick of not having pictures...
Oh well.
Also isn't it funny how you can make someone look completely different just by changing the lighting and upping the contrast?
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Words: 55391
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2015, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ravenna Raye on March 11th, 2015, 6:21 am

5th- The House of Blackmire opens the doors of its estate hosting a grand masquerade ball. The Remembrance Festival ends.

Hey guys!!! Anouk and I are still working out the details for the idea and getting it all sorted out (at which time, there will be more details to be had), but in a two part thread plan we're conjuring up, part two of said thread plans will be this ball!!!! Is anyone interested in getting in on this with us |:) ? A ball is hardly a ball with only two attendees :confused:
Ravenna Raye
Player

Words: 33663
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 12:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vazka on March 19th, 2015, 5:52 am

Image50th- Doves from all around the city gather at Priskil’s Spire. The handlers report that they have become quite temperamental and are refusing to carry messages or even leave the dovecote.

I'm interested in working with this particular occurrence.
"Let Syna's golden light
bring new Hope
every morning."
~Vazka
Vazka
Player

Words: 7128
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2015, 3:12 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Telor Riptide on March 20th, 2015, 4:42 pm

I'm here to claim the event on the 60th, with the Poltergeist. I'm thinking that the thread will be open, so far, and I'll post a link in the OOC thread when it's up, but I'd absolutely love if interested peoples PMed me so I can make sure there is wide-spread interest in the event. Thank you kindly. :)

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2015, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on March 27th, 2015, 7:41 am

78th- Bohrnn and GoldWoerth are baffled as their entire stock of stuffed bear toys goes missing.

I hear by claimeth this calendar day and event. I'll throw a link up in the common room when it's up. It'll probably be an open thread, but if you have any prior interest while I work out the core basics of it do drop me a line. :D
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next