Guest Story Telling Exchange Program

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Karin on December 11th, 2015, 11:29 pm

Very interested in this, but I don't have the time right now to fill out the forms or do it. But.. if it's okay, I'll leave this post here so I can keep an eye on things and be ready when I can join? :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on December 11th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Lu : you've been added. Thanks :)
Sayana: There are Zombies is Alvadas now? COOL O__O!
Karin: Nothing wrong with lurking.

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on December 12th, 2015, 12:37 am

Character Name: Firenze

Character Occupation: None at the current moment. She has been a Hunter and Prostitute in the past.

Character Goals: Firenze recently found out that she has a mother and grandmother in Zeltiva, her mother's husband had tracked her mother to Zeltiva and instead of finding his wife he instead found Firenze at the room her mother was staying at. Firenze refused to give away where her mother was, so he took her in attempts to lure her mother out. Firenze is in the midst of some pretty nasty family turmoil and developing off of this is my current goal. I have a few NPCs that will be in Syliras, to include: Faolan (Biological Father), Melody (Mother), Misha (Grandmother) and Vinicus (Mother's Husband).

Along with developing historical background for her I'm also interested in adventure, finding sanctuary, dealing with demons from her past or even possibly maybe finding her a bondmate.

Skills you want help with: Anything that could help with her (hopefully) future career skills. I would eventually like to have her become a Mercenary, Intel Messenger or "Femme Fatale" Assassin type. (Think looong term goal for Assassin). Weapons skill training would be beneficial. Intel, Intimidation, Seduction, or anything beneficial to those career paths.

Skills your willing to Moderate for: I'm pretty open to almost anything. I'm not as strong in magic or anything related to. Fighting can be possible but I may be slower to work through. Those are my two weak spots, other than that I'm pretty open to try any.

Everything Else: I'm excited to GST! I'm not super familiar with the process but I am open to learning and developing to becoming a stronger member of the community. I do have one request that if I GST that it is for someone that has over 50 posts so that I know that you are going to stick around for awhile and are going to benefit from having a GST. Other than that I look forward to the creativity that shall flow!
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ruari Darkwind on December 14th, 2015, 1:00 am

i'll scratch your back if you scratch my back, amirite?

EDIT: by this, i allude to the practice of certain storytellers of old that would do favours for their friends who were also storytellers, so their friends would do favours for them. kind of uncool, guys.
Last edited by Ruari Darkwind on December 14th, 2015, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruari Darkwind
skulls.

Words: 62295
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2015, 3:15 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 14th, 2015, 2:18 am

I'm interested in this GST thing. But I'm not extremely familiar with the process. I'll probably post this with my alt to (Adyel) if possible since I havent had been playing him awhile.
Character Name:Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Character Occupation: Hunter (Currently)
Character Goals: Join the Sylrias Knights make a lot of friends. Finish up training with Joanna. And others. Learn a variety of skills. Other goals to come.
Skills you want help with:N/A
Skills your willing to Moderate for: I can manage to mod some, just not familiar with the brawling and unarmed combat kind of stuff. And PVP stuff. So yeah that is about it though.
Everything Else: Im not a very fast learner, but if I get help to understand this process. Things would go more swimmingly. So just to let you guys know.

Credits for boxcode go to Firenze
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 14th, 2015, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Firenze on December 14th, 2015, 2:41 am

Ruari this is open to anyone that wants to join, it's not exclusive. From my gathering this is for those that want to learn to become better GSTs, while practicing on those who are almost in the same boat.

Me, personally, I have a limit for those over a certain amount of posts only because I want to make sure that I do the best that I can for someone that will use it.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ruari Darkwind on December 14th, 2015, 2:52 am

On the packaging, it does say "guest storytelling exchange program", so I have to assume it's just guest storytellers doing things for other guest storytellers.

It kind of seems like a "if you mod a thread for me, I will reward you by moderating your thread". Practice or no, it kind of stinks, man. If practice is really such a big thing, why don't you guys offer guest storytelling services to other players in the form of small moderated threads rather than exclusively other guest storytellers (or, in the case of Sayana, friends)? It won't seem so closed, then.

ALTERNATE COLOUR
Ruari Darkwind
skulls.

Words: 62295
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2015, 3:15 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ixzo on December 14th, 2015, 2:59 am

You know, I actually agree with Ruari on this. The title screams exclusive.
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Neologism on December 14th, 2015, 3:23 am

I just want to remind everyone, because this might be getting a little cray cray, to get all your approvals. I think Say mentioned using Tribal's calendar events?

Once you get all your HD approval, check with YOUR ST (We've noticed some skirting around STs) about the event, because they might have something already planned for it. Personally, I want to approve the use of my calendar events in a GMT, and I'm sure many other STs would appreciate it as well.

Alright, good luck!
Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Aaliyah Tabr on December 14th, 2015, 3:25 am

@Ruari: Literally every member of the site is already a guest storyteller. There is no such thing as "just guest storytellers doing things for other guest storytellers." We're not forming a gang here.

I've been thinking about GSTing for a while and this is the perfect excuse to get my feet weet, find some confidence, and maybe even run some events in the future.

Are you looking to get your back scratched, maybe? I'll GST for you. Message me some ideas and we can work something out.
Aaliyah Tabr
Harlot

Words: 17646
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 1:52 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext