Location [Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

Postby Gadir Armband Pitrius on February 26th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Winter 76, 513

Exiting his room, Gadir came back to the girl in front of the Wolf's Cave, and got directions from his temporary location to the Sanity Center, roughly back the same way as he came. Skirting pass some of the more wilder guests entering, he made his way to the streets, and followed the directions given... To wind up lost. Then again, he guess he shouldn't have been completely surprised, but he just wasn't sure how exactly he figured on getting to where he was supposed to go.

Eventually, the Sanity Center did appear. And stayed put even. Gadir in a bit of a exasperated worry ran to it, fearing that the street he was on might suddenly change directions if he didn't. He slowed as he approached the door, opening it and stepping in. He took in the scene for a moment, before shutting the door behind him and stepping up to the desk.

"Anyone here?"
Gadir Armband Pitrius
Player

Words: 6524
Joined roleplay: February 21st, 2014, 7:32 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on March 1st, 2014, 3:27 am

Placeholder for Seasonal Challenge :)

- Visit Sanity Center
- Start a project

Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Words: 111204
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2013, 3:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Yisanareysin on June 28th, 2016, 9:24 am

The snake
buys a nest

17th of Summer, 516 AV

When Rey had come to Alvadas two years ago, he had expected his stay would be short. Now, with the flood of pilgrims renting every room in every inn, Rey was starting to think it was time to settle in a little more. Alvadas was still so very interesting, and he could easily see himself remaining here another decade or so. A house, then, seemed like the next logical step.

Which brought Rey to the Sanity Center. Or rather, to the edge of the crowd of people surrounding the sanity center. Ionu's feathers, this was an obscene amount of people. Slipping through the crowd, Rey managed to make his way to where a very hassled Serenity Berel sat.

"No, I'm afraid I can't give you directions. Just.. just follow the city and trust that Ionu will get you where you need to be. What do you need, sir?"

"Need house."

The woman dropped her head onto the desk. "Sir, every available inn is filled up. If you need housing, please just go to the Temple of Ionu. You can follow the crowd and -"

"No no, want to buy a housse. Regular housse."

"Oh." The woman breathed a sigh of relief. "Alright then. The standard house, the type you see everywhere around Alvadas, is five hundred gold. Non-negotiable. It comes with the basic amenities, a bed, fire pit, table, chairs, drawers. And you get a key that will guide you back to the house, of course. Now, I'll need a few details from you, Mr...."

"Reyssin Ekanss."

A few chimes later, Rey walked out of the Sanity Centre, his new key in his pocket, and five hundred gold lighter.

Today was a good day.

Snake Toungue : Common : Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 5th, 2016, 12:49 am

30 Summer 516

Clyde has just arrived in Alvadas that day, and already his trip wasn't going as planned.

When he'd set out, he'd not expected to find some odd pilgrimage going on. He'd visited an inn, and heard form others that all of them were full. However Clyde didn't have time to wonder where he was going to lay his head, he needed a place for his grip to sleep.

With a sigh he headed inside the building, resolved to buy a permanent residence. He already had a house in Ravok and Syliras, why not Alvadas? It being so close to where he was current residing, Syliras, meant he might visit again. And should things go wrong, it would be a close place to escape and gather himself before heading onward.

Clyde had long since learned to take things in stride, and had seen many things that others might have said impossible. He'd even done a few of said impossible things. Few things if any didn't truly make sense, even the rampant illusions of Alvadas had a logic to them, if a somewhat Chaon logic in their non-linear nature.

He had a feeling that he would acclimatize well. After all, the entire city was confusing and Chaotic. They worshiped Rhysol, even if they didn't do so intentionally, Clyde thought to himself.

When he entered the main office, he saw a familiar sight. A hodgepodge and confusing mix of papers, books, and all manner of things. It was about as orderly as Clyde tended to keep his writing desk back in his lab.

He looked behind the desk, partially obscured behind a teetering pile of books with paper sticking out at random. Greeting her with a smile, Clyde announced himself.

“Hello, my name is Clyde. Clyde Sullins. Nice to meet you. I've just arrived in Alvadas, and I need a place to stay for myself and my party. Seeing as all of the inns and such are full, I was hoping to buy a small permanent residence. After all, if this visit goes well I may be returning before long.”

After that Clyde spent a few chimes explaining his needs. A party of three, room to meet and talk in. Also if possible a place for him to write and get some work done if needed.

They discussed a few residences that were currently for sale. One was too small with only one and a half rooms. One had seventeen rooms, but only one bathroom. One had four rooms, but no stairs or ways to get into two of them, as they were stacked directly on top of the lower ones.

Finally after more discussion they settled on a medium sized residence with everything he needed. The front door entered upon a common area, with room for them all to meet. Off each wall(the left and right) were a pair of doors, with a bedroom through each of the two doors on each wall. These each shared a small bathroom.

Lastly at the back was another door, which led into a small study or office of sorts. It would be a place he could sit, read, write, and do such things when he needed to.

After a bit more time he haggled over the price, ironed out the details like the land cost, and arranged for some better beds than the standard ones to be put in.

At the end of the deal it was going to cost just over a thousand gold mizas, but would fit his needs well, and actually gave him a spare room over his needs.

Clyde was just happy to get what he needed, and to have a place to sleep that night.
Building :
-2 Bedroom(Simple) - 350 gm X 2 = 700 gm
-Common Area(Simple) - 250 gm
-Office(Simple) - 200 gm
Rooms Total - 1,150gm
> Discount for a used structure - 25% ( 287 gm 5 sm)
-- Final building cost - 862 gm 5 sm

Extras- 4 X good quality bed(one for each bedroom)- 20 gm X 4 = 80gm.
-Land cost - 100 gm(per the price list, for city land cost under a quarter of an acre sized parcel).
Total extra - 180 gm

Overall total cost - 1,042 gm 5 sm
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aenisa on April 3rd, 2017, 10:40 pm

Aenisa
3 Spring - 517 AV

Emerging from the back of the statue into what presumably was the beginning of an alleyway or a street in the city, Aenisa stood with her hands clasping either strap of her backpack as if she was afraid someone might take it from her. Standing tall on the streets of the city she was very short in her stature and looking around she realised that she did not have to appear to be as tough as usual and could relax a little bit again seeing as how she was still alone on the streets. As she had walked within the walls of the city she had looked back at the statue that had guided her into the city, or rather she had looked at where the statue was supposed to be. Talking statues was not something that Aenisa was accustom to and so she was half expecting someone to stand there on a wall or something akin, using a contraption to speak to approaching visitors. The view did not give her any clues as to how the entrance to the city really worked, fascinating she thought as she moved on, allowing herself to become a little bit more relaxed, her arms falling to her sides again.

Curiously observing her surroundings Aenisa saw that there was a nearby building that looked inviting enough for her to decide to approach it. It was an older building by her own estimation and it showed thanks to the moss growing on the building and the darkened, faded windows that adorned the walls of the building. Taking a few steps closer to the building she soon found that there was a sign that informed visitors what the building was meant for, stopping for a moment she read it out loud.

Welcoming, housing, orientation and Sanity Center…”

Her voice trailed off with a curious tone in her voice as she read the last designation of the building, Sanity Center, what an odd description for the building, Aenisa thought to herself. It wasn’t worth standing around outside to dwell on what the meaning behind the sign was and so she quickly found herself approaching the building. For a moment she allowed herself to watch the exterior of the house as she was approaching the entrance, her calm look scanning the house with a bit of a suspicious look on her face. A brick house that seemed to be of sturdy quality enough as far as Aenisa could tell when she touched the stones on her way inside but her knowledge of buildings were to put it mildly, null. Her fingertips caressed along the wall of the building as she came inside of the first room in the house and immediately she saw that there were piles of stuff laying around and it seemed as if she had walked into a disorganised library run by a blind librarian without any experience, it was horrible. On top of it all it seemed as if the person that was supposed to be behind the desk wasn’t there to greet Aenisa as she walked through the door to the office. Despite the sorry state of the office Aenisa chimed the bell and was soon greeted by the woman on the other side of the desk. The mentioning of the state of the womans office was quickly followed up by a short joke by Aenisa and a brief laugh before Aenisa carried on with her reason for visiting the woman. Telling Serenity that she was new to the city elicited a soft sigh from the woman and even more so when she started to inquire about the taverns and shops of the city. Aenisa ignored the slightly bad response this drew from Serenity as she continued to explain that she just wanted the name of the good places and that she would try to find it on her own since she had been informed of the labyrinth that was the city’s ever changing landscape. Aenisa decided that she might as well get a small place to live in whilst she was in Alvadas, if she did decide to leave again she was sure that she could sell it to some new traveller.

Having been given the information that she had requested and the tiny house that she desired, Aenisa soon emerged from the door again into the streets, seemingly happy with herself as she panned around.

SPACER
Aenisa
Slowly going insane.

Words: 163554
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2017, 9:13 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sorla on April 24th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Sorla stepped out of the darkness of the mouth and into the city. Ahead of her was a bewildering whirl of people of all sizes, shapes and colours, and an equally bewildering jumble of buildings. She had never seen so many different types of structure before. Back home the buildings... the involuntary comparison with her home city made her heart contract, and she forced herself not to think of the home she had never wanted to leave. Every step took her further from it. The dizzying pace of the city combined with a powerful surge of homesickness to make her head spin. She had not realized how much she had needed the company of the traders, coarse though they were, to keep her sadness at bay. Now everything threatened to swirl in on her. She looked around desperately, and caught sight of a large red sign hanging from a curious moss-covered building. She could read common, although it took her a while. 'The Welcoming/Housing/Orientation/Sanity Centre' she read, eventually. Anything offering sanity was welcome right now, so she headed straight inside.

A middle-aged woman with a mess of red hair - another heart contraction as she remembered all the flame-haired friends she would never see again - was sitting behind a desk piled high with papers and seemingly random objects. Sorla noticed at a snowglobe with a building inside that looked exactly like the one she was in. Inside that, she could see a small red-haired figure standing at a desk... Determined not to succumb to madness just yet, Sorla turned to the woman. 'I'm new here. I need somewhere to stay, and a job.' The people of Wind Reach were not much given to social niceties, but she remembered the traders telling her that out there, in the world, people appreciated pointless words like 'please' and 'thank you'. So she dutifully added, 'Please, thank you.'

Sorla was surprised to hear the woman address her in Nari. 'I can tell you're from Wind Reach a mile off,' she said. 'I'm Serenity. If it's somewhere to stay you want, you'd be best off looking for the Cubacious Inn. I can't tell you where it is because I don't know, so don't ask. You'll find it eventually, trust me. It's big and yellow. As for a job... do you have any skills?' She eyed Sorla down her nose, her head tilted back slightly in a gesture that screamed 'I seriously doubt you do but I have to ask'.

Sorla bridled. She hated being patronised. 'Actually, I'm an apprentice tailor. I may still have a lot to learn but I've been told I show great promise,' she said, tossing her hair. 'I know my way around an awl and a bodkin, thank you very much.'

Serenity sighed. 'Fine, well if you want you can head over to The Tattered Thread and ask Voren Skyglow if he's looking for any extra help. Although I warn you, he won't put up with shoddy work for long, so I hope you're as good as you think you are.'

'Thank you,' Sorla remembered to say. 'Where is...'

'Don't know, no point asking,' Serenity barked, then softened. 'Sorry, it's just everyone always asks the one question I can't answer. All you have to do is look for it and eventually you will find it. Trust me.'
Sorla
Player

Words: 51074
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2017, 10:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cabochon on June 16th, 2017, 12:59 am

16th of Summer, 517 AV

Cabochon decided he'd had enough. He'd lived in Alvadas for several months, and while his parents left him their home, he sold the space for a meager amount of money. He couldn't stand living there on his own. He loved that home dearly, but their absence only brought empty melancholy to that house. The memories were made by the people there, not the things in the house. Apparently, his parents didn't catch onto that. Cabochon wanted to be the one to move; he wanted to fly from the nest, not the other way around. The day his parents continued their journey without him was the day he realized life never followed a rule book.

However, it was those moments of reminisce that Cabochon caught himself. He thought back to his parent's wild and adventurous lifestyles, the stories he would hear about their endeavors, interaction and such. His favorite would always be how his father met his mother. He was the weak one, apparently, of the two.
Cabochon's smile would twist into a muffled chuckle thinking about his mother, beating down a rat with her bare fists. He loved that woman to death! She never took no for an answer! If there was a way, take it and hope for the best! That was his mother's way, for sure. Then, there was his father! Bless his gentle frame and his weighted words! He took every stride with caution and curiosity. Polar opposites, were they, and yet they fit no better than a lock and key, sculpted for one another indefinitely. Cabochon hoped maybe, one day, he might be as lucky as them.

While his thoughts overtook his senses, his shorter arm ran across the gemstone in his chest. He stopped when his sense of touch reminded him of his hand's placement, and he looked down at the results. His habitual fidgeting left smudges on the fossil jewel, and the shiny it luster it held became dim from the layers of clay film. That left a distasteful feeling in his gut, and he readily wished he'd either bought a cleaning cloth or stopped himself earlier.

His thoughts were subtly interrupted when the door opened. He almost forgot; he was here to purchase a home, or at least, make record of it! It was the whole reason why he sat outside of the Sanity Center in the first place! Luckily, he only had to ask three people that day of their proximity to the center, and two of them knew for certain. The third, Ionu help them, seemed as lost as him.
He scrambled to get up, slinging his coin purse around him haphazardly. Dashing to the closing door, he reached out with his longer arm to catch onto the edge of the wooden frame. Latching on, he balanced his weight on his right leg until the door came close to shutting. With all the strength he could muster, he pushed off his back leg and pulled himself through the small opening in the entrance with his left arm.

Tumbling onto the ground, his breath now came out in short wisps. He had to take some moments of respite to calm his nerves, wracked from the thought of being severed in half. He'd never experienced anything like that before. Pushing himself back up and onto his primary limbs, he hobbled over to the desk. Clambering onto the chair sitting next to the wooden table, he hoped the attention he grabbed from his stunt would have her attention long enough.

"Excuse me!" Cabochon called out. He attempted as much politeness as he could while swinging his backside onto the leather cushion. "Excuse me! My name is Cabochon, and I have a housing request I would like to make!"
He'd found a little tiny space inside the thick walls of the city, and it was the one place he knew for sure he'd be able to find. The walls were the one place in the entire city that never moved, much like the Sanity Center. It had no door, but it had enough of an overhead to protect from the elements. The space was about a foot and a half tall, two feet wide and three feet deep, compared to the several lengths deeper wall. It was a near perfect little area, enough for him to make something of it. He was surprised no one else had taken it up. Then again, it wasn't large enough for any other race to occupy. IN his stead, it was perfectly ideal.

Threads Available: 2/5
Cabochon
Small Details, Big Pictures

Words: 55005
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2017, 4:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1