[Discussion] The Entire Eyktol Region

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on January 22nd, 2017, 4:05 pm

Okay I've had a few questions so let me clear some things up. The Benshira rewrite will go through the WD forum process. The Citys will not since cities traditionally haven't been subject to WD. If you are interested in taking on a city here in Mizahar, you need to be an active moderator or be in the process of joining the moderation staff. If you build it, type thing, you need to run it. Here's what I am looking for in a city.

1. A clear concept that is wholly originally to the Mizahar world.
2. An abstract that can become the basic outline of a new codex. The abstract must include:

• a brief history of the city
  • a brief blurb about how the city is organized
  • a brief blurb about the city's government (if any)
  • a brief blurb about employment, trade, crops, etc.
  • a brief blurb about faith
  • a brief blurb about demographics

The last idea we had for a city was Alvadas and it turned out fantastic. It was so well designed that we could not say no. We also had a very tragic situation for Lhavit. A very enlightened and fantastic design was turned in and but was not followed for the final product (after approval) resulting in a ton of city rewrites. There is no need to stick to any sort of original design or faith of an existing Eyktol city. We will be replacing all of them including Hai.

There is no need to stick to what an earthen view of a desert city would be. If it is remotely unoriginal, we won't entertain it. It has to be something a player would be drawn too.

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 29th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Update.

I've kept my promises. Eypharian has been updated to the re-write with the exception of the Hierarchy section which was never rewritten. That needs scaled down because its stupidly complex and unnecessary.

Yahal's Gnosis has been updated with quotes removed and images changed.

There are two cities being worked on currently. We still need a third adopted. Register via the HD if you want to take a stab at it.

I've seen nothing on the Benshira rewrite. I hope to see some progress there soon.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Rosela on January 30th, 2017, 3:44 am

It's up? It's up! Aaaah! I wanted to pop in out of lurker staus and express my excitement over finally seeing the Eypharian project come to a conclusion, as well as offer the Eyph discussion thread as a resource for ideas for the Benshira. Particularly the first couple pages, where Hirem and I spitballed a bit on what direction the Benshira might take. Given that both of us are retired, I'm not sure if it'll be any help at all, but I wanted to throw it out there in case even a little bit of it is of use to someone. All the luck in the world to those who are volunteering their time to make this project happen :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Languish on February 2nd, 2017, 7:29 pm

For the cities being worked on, are they taking the basis of the original cities, or completely recreating? I ask because I love the idea of Hai as a home for the cursed, deformed, and rejected, raised like slaves by the "government", even if the factions and history need scrapped. I would love to adopt the city if it will go by the wayside otherwise. However, I wouldn't want to have two cities of that same idea.

And much love to those who are currently working on these huge projects. If you need any help at all, call me and I will do my best.
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Rufio on February 2nd, 2017, 7:37 pm

Has anyone got dibs on the Benshira?

Rufio
Player

Words: 286748
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2015, 10:40 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Dovey on February 2nd, 2017, 11:43 pm

Rufio wrote:
Has anyone got dibs on the Benshira?

Yes, I'm doing the Benshira!

Rosela wrote:It's up? It's up! Aaaah! I wanted to pop in out of lurker staus and express my excitement over finally seeing the Eypharian project come to a conclusion, as well as offer the Eyph discussion thread as a resource for ideas for the Benshira. Particularly the first couple pages, where Hirem and I spitballed a bit on what direction the Benshira might take. Given that both of us are retired, I'm not sure if it'll be any help at all, but I wanted to throw it out there in case even a little bit of it is of use to someone. All the luck in the world to those who are volunteering their time to make this project happen :)

Thank you so much, Rosela! That was helpful - and so was the Eypharian article as a whole, what with how interconnected the two races have been throughout their history.
"Common" "Fratava" "Pavi"
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Words: 221497
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2016, 10:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Kaleidoscope on February 3rd, 2017, 5:06 pm

Hi all, I thought I'd let everyone know I'm working on the re-write of Ahnatep. As it stands currently, Languish, because Ahnatep already has a lot of importance to people's storylines it won't be completely nuked from orbit. Instead, it is to be re-worked to become more original than it is currently.

I wanted to drop a little note for Dovey (and anyone, I suppose): is there anything you think should be included in Ahnatep in relation to the Benshira race? I'm all for interconnectivity and so it would suck to pass on the opportunity to make the Eyktol region more connected, story-wise.
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Dovey on February 8th, 2017, 4:54 am

Kaleidoscope wrote:I wanted to drop a little note for Dovey (and anyone, I suppose): is there anything you think should be included in Ahnatep in relation to the Benshira race? I'm all for interconnectivity and so it would suck to pass on the opportunity to make the Eyktol region more connected, story-wise.

Other than the two races' mutual disdain, and the information already in the Eypharian article, I don't have much to give you just yet. Gossamer hasn't reviewed my overview yet, but assuming she approves it, Ahnatep would need to keep its marble catacombs - that's where the Benshira of Ahnatep waited out the Valterrian. I assume that's all right? That's all I have for now.
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Makah'a on April 17th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Are there any updates to the Benshira? And would it be possible to add some input to it?
As for Ahnnatep, I imagine the slavery would remain, at least I hope? I don't know if it plays an important role to other characters, but it is important to Makah'a's history.
Makah'a
Minajim

Words: 23075
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2017, 2:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dovey on April 18th, 2017, 3:30 am

Makah'a wrote:
Are there any updates to the Benshira? And would it be possible to add some input to it?
As for Ahnnatep, I imagine the slavery would remain, at least I hope? I don't know if it plays an important role to other characters, but it is important to Makah'a's history.

No updates on the Benshira yet, sorry! But yes, I'd love your input.
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

PreviousNext